InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Appetizers? On Me! ❯ Nihilist ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The stench of humanity reached him long before he caught sight of the abomination that shared his blood line.
Inuyasha...
The name rang through his thoughts like a foul curse.
He found him beneath a tree, defenceless and unaware. With one swipe of his claws he could cut him down as easily as one would swat a fly. The thought was tempting and his claws curled in reflex.
The small creature looked up at him with large, curious eyes.
“Where is Mama?” he asked.
“She was your mother, not mine, hanyou,” he answered, his words filled with disdain.
The creature's face grew pensive.
“Where did she go?”
It was then that he noticed the fresh grave marker behind the boy.
Ironic that he should be the one to explain it to him. Perhaps it was better this way. The boy needed to understand that this world would offer him no comfort.
“Away.”
The hanyou's face brightened with unfounded hope.
“To where?”
“Somewhere you can never follow.”
Satisfied, he abandoned the bastard child to his own devices.
What did he care for some half breed? Humans and their ridiculous emotional attachments. He, Sesshomaru, would never be trifled by such inconsequential things.