InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Arms Around Me ❯ Arms Around Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Arms Around Me

Kagome watched him as he walked away from her towards the Forest of Inuyasha that he knew too well. Huffing and puffing about the their stupid fight over little nothings that they just had.

She thought about how her friends joked that they were always bickering over something or another. She didn't like fighting with him, but she did it anyways. She couldn't think of why she does, but he knew exactly how to get under her skin and throw her off the edge.

Kagome sighed as she turned her back to him and made her way back to the village. Her hair and school uniform blowing in the wind as she walked. She took her time so she could think to herself.

When she first came into the feudal era, he was such a jerk and didn't even think twice about trying to kill her for the Jewel of Four Souls. But she still had a feeling of safety with him that she couldn't explain. She knew he would never really hurt her.

I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart
But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start

You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
You put your arms around me and I'm home

Memories of the moments he opened up to her about his feelings eliminated her thoughts. She knew he cared, but why was he shy about it? Who cares what other people think? If they were in love, then it shouldn't matter, right?

But he doesn't love just her. Inuyasha loves someone else. Someone he has a deeper connection with. Someone from his world. She didn't belong here. She is the reincarnation of the woman that belongs in this world. With Inuyasha.

Tears formed in her eyes but she quickly whipped them away. She couldn't feel this way. She doesn't have to. Once the jewel is whole again, she can go home to her world and Inuyasha can be with Kikyo for the rest of their lives.

The world is coming down on me and I can't find a reason to be loved
I never wanna leave you but I can't make you bleed if I'm alone

You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go

I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home

Then again, she thought this before. But she always comes back. She wants to be here. She doesn't care if he loves Kikyo, he loves her too. At least a little. She stopped walking.

'Does he know how I feel?' She thought. She hasn't spelled it out for him. She hasn't said I love you. Does he realize she feels this way for him? Maybe he doesn't. Maybe that's why he acts the way he does. He might be afraid of rejection.

How many times will you let me change my mind and turn around
I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown

I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home

She turned her head to look back in the direction she had come. The wind tousled her hair in resistance. She brushed it from her face to see her eye's destination. She didn't see Inuyasha, only tree line. She wanted to have seen him when she turned to look. He wasn't there. She missed him already.

She turned the rest of the way around to face the forest. She missed him. She wanted to see him. She would see him. She started to walk back in that direction. She took about the same pace she had been walking to the village with. Scared that he was still mad.

She walked a little faster. She didn't care anymore. She wanted to tell him she was sorry. She wanted him to be happy again. She wanted him to accept her apology. And everything be okay.

She sped up to a jog. 'I have to apologize. I have to see him.' She thought. What if he never wanted to speak to her again?! What if he hated her?! She sped up again. Now running as fast as she could to catch Inuyasha before he got too far. She knew he would have been long gone by now with his super human running, but she had to try.

She reached the tree line and stopped. Her breathing a little heavy from her sprint. She looked up at the tree tops and didn't see her hanyou in the greenery anywhere. She sighed but pushed through the brush and bushes into the forest. A few thorn bushes gave her scraps on her limbs but she couldn't even feel the pain. She had to find him.

"Inuyasha! Inuyasha!" She called. No answer. She pushed through a thick thorn bush but her clothes got caught. She couldn't get free without shredding her skin even worse.

"Inu..." She started to call again, but he jumped down from the trees in front of her before she could finish. "Yasha."

"What are you doing you idiot?! You're bleeding all over! What were you thinking?!" He yell. Kagome just smiled that he cared, even though it wasn't exactly polite. He sliced the bush with his claws and carefully pulled Kagome out of the dangerous thorns. Feeling his arms around her made her feel safe again.

I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth
And I've never opened up
I've never truly loved 'Till you put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go

I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home

You put your arms around me and I'm home

"Inuyasha, I'm so sorry for fighting with you earlier. I don't want to argue anymore. I love you and I just want you to be happy!" She said hugging herself to his torso. His face looked shocked. She pulled back and saw his expression. She released him and lowered her head in heartbreak. He stopped her half way from pulling back and pulled her back into his arms.

"Shut up stupid. I love you too." He said softly.