InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ As Fate Would Have It ❯ Chapter 25

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 25- Konnichiwa! Hai, I am back! Almost completely clean bill of health, so I should be able to keep up with my fanfictions (barring any writer's block). Thank you so much to everyone who reviewed!
 
“I don't care, Inuyasha. I'm going to see Sango and Miroku and everyone and I'm taking my children with me!”
 
The silver-haired hanyou stood stubbornly in front of the door to the well-house, his arms folded inside his fire-rat haori and his scowl even darker than usual. “Like hell you will, wench! My pups stay here, in this time, until they're older!”
 
“So- you can take them up into trees, but I can't take them to meet Sango and Miroku?” she retorted, matching his glare with one of her own. Her usual yellow backpack was stuffed to the gills with supplies and she had one twin in each arm, who were watching their father with bewildered expressions. Minako stood silently by her mother's side.
 
He closed his eyes and nodded once as if acknowledging her deference to his “dominance.” “Now you're getting it.”
 
A vein throbbed in her forehead, making Inuyasha crack open an eye to regard his mate.
 
Osuwari!” WHAM!
 
“I'll see you when I get back,” she said nonchalantly as she stepped over his prone form and entered the well-house.
 
Minako followed her mother, gazing back innocently at her father. “Bye-bye, Papa! Go to see Aunt Sango!”
 
Inuyasha managed to free one of his eyes to gaze after them as they descended the steps to the Bone-Eater's Well. “Don't you dare jump in that well…!” he growled into the dirt.
 
With a flash of soft pink, she and their children disappeared into the well.
 
“Dammit!” he snarled, trying to force himself up and out of the subjugation spell.
 
----------------------
 
Shippou kept hopping up and down as Kagome, Minako, and the twins neared Kaede's hut. “I missed you so much, Kagome! I kept checking the well to see if you were going to come back, but you never did! But now you're here!”
 
The young miko smiled at the kit. “Hai, Shippou. I'm here. And these two are getting awfully heavy. Can you let Grandma Kaede know we're here?”
 
“Sure!” He jumped up once more and raced for Kaede's hut, which was only a few yards away.
 
Once she had reached Kaede's hut, she crouched down to lay her babies on the grass so she could get the blasted backpack off her. Shouldn't have packed so much… Minako sat down next to her sister and began twitching her little black ears to entertain the infant.
 
“Kagome!” came a cheerful voice from above her. She glanced up to see Kaede smiling broadly at her. “It's so good to see ye and Minako again! And to finally meet your new babes!”
 
Kagome grinned proudly. “This is Inusouta, and this is Izayoi. They're about two months old now.”
 
Kaede picked up Inusouta and gazed at him in wonder. “Such a handsome boy he is! With his father's golden eyes, I see.”
 
“Hai. Izayoi has the same ones.”
 
The old miko examined the little girl in Kagome's arms. “Indeed. I thought their hanyou blood would come through a little stronger, though. These two look to be completely human.”
 
“Oh, they're hanyou,” Kagome replied with a smile. “They turn hanyou at night, then revert to human during the day.”
 
“That's a pretty neat trick,” Miroku remarked as he and a very pregnant Sango appeared by her side.
 
“Sango! Miroku!” Kagome cried. She gave her friend a hug, careful of her extended belly, then stepped back to regard the happy woman mischievously. “I told you that kit would work!”
 
Miroku beamed. “And we've never been happier. I can only hope for a healthy child.”
 
“I'm sure he or she will be,” Kagome replied. “Any preferences?”
 
Sango rolled her eyes. “Miroku and Inuyasha made a bet that if it is a boy, Inuyasha will baby-sit the baby within one month of its birth so we can have a night free. If it's a girl, Miroku will watch Minako and your twins for a night.”
 
“This I gotta see. Inuyasha baby-sitting? When monkeys fly to the moon,” Shippou snorted.
 
Kagome coughed delicately. “Actually, Shippou, they did send a monkey to the moon. That's old news in my era.”
 
Shippou just rolled his eyes. “I'll believe it when I see it.”
 
Minako wandered shyly over to Sango and gazed up at her with bright blue eyes. “Aunt Sango? Yoo miss Mina?”
 
Sango knelt down carefully so she was closer to Minako's height. “Of course I did, Minako. I missed you and your mama and papa very much.” She opened her arms as the little hanyou gave her a big hug. “It's so good to see you again.”
 
Minako pulled back slightly and patted Sango's large belly. “Aunt Sango have be-be too?”
 
The expectant mother looked startled, then smiled warmly. “Yes, Minako. Aunt Sango and Uncle Miroku are going to have a baby too.”
 
The little girl looked up at Miroku. “Unka Roku have be-be?” She walked over to Miroku, reached up on her tiptoes, and patted his flat stomach through his robes. “No… Unka Roku no have be-be…”
 
Sango smothered a laugh as Miroku choked. “No, honey. Uncle Miroku's baby is here,” she explained as she patted her very round belly.
 
Her little blue eyes grew big and round in amazement. “Ohhhh,” she said, nodding. “Aunt Sango be-be and Unka Roku be-be.” With that cleared up, she patted Sango's belly again. “Hi, be-be! I'm Mina!”
 
Kagome couldn't hold it in any more. She burst out laughing, which in turn caused Sango to start giggling and even Kaede was chortling.
 
Miroku tried to maintain a stoic demeanor as he helped Sango to her feet. It was quite difficult, though. The child was absolutely priceless.
 
Izayoi began to fuss and Kagome made soothing noises. “They need to be fed. Kaede, may I use your hut to nurse them?”
 
“Of course.”
 
Miroku stepped forward. “I'd be more than happy to assist you in settling the babies to nurse, Kagome,” he offered, that familiar look on his face.
 
BONK! “Hentai,” Sango muttered as she hit her husband over the head and pulled him away by his ear.
 
Minako watched them walk away, concentrating on something. She turned and looked up at her mother, who was getting ready to enter Kaede's hut. “Hentai?” she echoed in all innocence.
 
Kagome choked as she walked over, grasped the child's hand and led her into the hut. “Never mind that word, Minako. It's only for Aunt Sango to say, okay?”
 
The little hanyou brightened. “Okay, Mama.”
 
She sat down next to her mother as Kagome settled to feed Izayoi. “Unka Roku is Aunt Sango's hentai,” she said cheerfully.
 
Kaede laughed. “Oh, that one will be a handful, she will.”
 
Kagome shook her head in defeat. “Must be the wolf in her.”
 
-------------------
 
Inuyasha watched from the safety of a nearby tree. He didn't want to be caught with another osuwari command that would have him digesting dirt for another day. He kept a watchful eye on his mate and his pups as they reunited with their friends.
 
He almost jumped out of the tree when Miroku offered to help Kagome nurse the twins, with the intent of shoving Tetsusaiga up the ex-monk's ass for his audacity. Luckily Sango was able to take her mate in hand.
 
Once Kagome had disappeared inside the old hag's hut with the children, Inuyasha relaxed slightly. They're safe. They're inside, and there's no youkai around.
 
He hopped down from the tree silently and began to tiptoe toward Kaede's hut- hopefully, without being seen.
 
“Inuyasha! What are you doing here? I thought Kagome left you to rot in her era!” Shippou's too-loud voice surprised the edgy hanyou and nearly sent his hair standing on end.
 
“Shippou, you baka!” he growled as he thumped the kit on the head for his trouble. “Keep your damn mouth shut!”
 
Immediately the mat covering the door was pulled aside to reveal a little wolf hanyou. “Papa! Papa!” Minako squealed as she launched herself at her father.
 
“Shhh! Keep it down, pup!” he shushed the black-haired girl digging her tiny claws into the material covering his belly.
 
“I know you're there, Inuyasha,” came the coolly distant voice of his mate from within the hut. “You might as well come inside and take a load off.”
 
He stepped inside, making it look like he wanted to do anything but. “Keh. I don't need to `take a load off.'”
 
Kagome looked calmly up at her glowering mate. “Then I guess I'll just have to give this ramen I just made to Shippou.”
 
“Like hell you will.” He snatched the cup out of Kagome's hand. It never failed to amaze him what she could accomplish while nursing his pups. With one hand she was able to pour the hot water into that little cup of instant noodles without spilling a drop. She was also able to change the other twin's diaper while nursing by laying the other baby on the floor and changing it one-handed. Ah, the miracles that are motherhood…
 
“Ye know that there are still the few remaining jewel shards ye need to find, Inuyasha,” Kaede reminded him, breaking him out of his ramen-focused concentration.
 
Golden eyes blinked as if bored. “No kidding, hag. But Kagome isn't going anywhere until my pups are weaned.”
 
“And how long might that be?”
 
He gave her an irritated glare. “When I say so.”
 
Kagome scowled at her mate. “Excuse me, but don't I have a say in how long I'll nurse the twins?”
 
“Nope.”
 
“I had already decided on weaning the babies when they're six months old- that's when my mother stopped nursing me and my brother,” Kagome replied.
 
“Keh! Good luck.”
 
“What's that supposed to mean?”
 
His very tone indicated that she should know better. “Only that in another month or so they'll get their teeth.” Then he gave her a very naughty grin, meant only for her. “But if you can stand to have my fangs on you, then their tiny little ones shouldn't bother you at all…”
 
Blushing furiously at his bold behavior, Kagome looked down at Inusouta, who had traded places with his sister and was now having his lunch. “Will they be able to eat solid foods then? I just thought it was a little early for them to be switching like that.”
 
Inuyasha snorted. “My pups are hanyou- they'll progress much faster than ningen babies. They'll be just like Minako. Maybe a little behind her, because they're half hanyou, but still more advanced than that lecherous monk's kid will be.”
 
“Inuyasha! That's not a very nice thing to say!”
 
He shrugged. “It's just the truth.”
 
Minako crawled into her father's lap as he put aside his now-empty cup of ramen. “Papa?”
 
“What, pup?”
 
“Whatza hanyoo?”