InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Autumn and Winter (Inuyasha & Naraku) ❯ The Beginning of Hate ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The rays of the beloved sun shredded the darken skies, illuminating the full light. The animals awoke with beady, bright eyes and so did Inuyasha and his gang. Everyone, in Mikado's room, surrounded the priestess, in her sleeping form. As the sun finally rose to the point where the sunlight shined on Mikado's face, she woke up. Her eyes wondered face from face at the hovering four figures staring at her. Mikado was confused at first sight but Inuyasha spoke up.
 
“Are you alright?” He asked gently.
 
“I am fine,” Mikado spoke as she sat up from the sleeping form.
 
She stared at the unknown three, especially the young girl with an oddly attire unlike the rest that she had seen. Mikado felt as if it were her duty to be the first to introduce. She tilted her head down and tilted it back up. A bow, if you will call it. She started to introduce herself to the strangers.
 
“Hello. I don't think that we have been introduced yet, my name is Mikado, I am a Shinto miko,” Mikado spoke with such manner and kindness.
 
“Hello there, I'm Miroku and I am a monk of the Buddha,” Miroku replied
 
“My name is Sango, this is Shippou and Kirara. I am a demon slayer,” Sango smiled
 
“Oh, I'm Kagome,” Kagome replied
 
After the introductions, Mikado asked of why they were traveling so far away from their hometowns. Sango told her of Naraku, the Hanyou she met last night. Naraku was a human that went by Onigumo. Onigumo harbored in a cave where Kikyo took care of him and pitied the man. Onigumo was badly burned when they first met; even his face was badly scarred. He gave his soul to demons for power and mobility to steal the jewel the Kikyo away but it didn't go as he expected it. Onigumo killed the one he gave his soul.
 
Mikado asked what Naraku had exactly done for them. Miroku replied with such sorrow and sadness, it made Mikado regret the question being answered. Naraku cursed the monk with the Wind Tunnel. He controlled Kohaku, Sango's brother, into killing her father and commanded the demons to attack her village. Inuyasha and Kikyo was tricked by Naraku, which Kikyo sealed Inuyasha to the Goshinboku (The Sacred Tree). Both Kagome and Inuyasha only wanted to collect the shards of the jewel.
 
“That may be so but I believe that no one is born evil, therefore there is no such thing as `purely evil',” Mikado spoke with memories of last night.
 
It was already the sun's center or afternoon. She was getting ready to go to villages to see if anybody, whether demon or human, dead or alive, seek for her assistant. She sat at the lakes' corners, talking to Sango. Even so Sango was a demon slayer and Mikado was a priestess, they, as in Sango and Mikado, both had minds of a girl, so both felt like there was a no complete difference.
 
“I like Miroku but I wonder if he likes me,” Sango said sadly
 
“Don't worry Sango, the monk cares deeply for you. He rather bare your children than mine!” Mikado replied happily.
 
Both started to laugh and giggle as Kagome watched from afar. Inuyasha found her sitting up the steep of the lake. She felt frighten and intimidated by Mikado's appearance. Or was she scared not because of Mikado but of Kikyo? She noticed even Shippou and Kirara were happy and joyous near Mikado, so was the children of the village. It was like Mikado was Kikyo yet not at Mikado, but even so, that was no reason.
 
It was time for Mikado to go to another village help the people in that village. She had absolutely no intention of traveling with friends, nor did she have any idea that her friends also had to go.
 
“Come with us to the next village,” Miroku asked
 
Mikado was shocked at the offer. She didn't know what to say. No, she didn't want to go with them; it was just that it was just a big surprise for the miko. Mikado felt it would be disappointing to say no so she join the group until the next village.