InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Autumn and Winter (Inuyasha & Naraku) ❯ Behind the Brick Walls ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Meet the new member, Mikado! Everyone seemed so happy; it felt like an abnormal wave of joy crashed their shores of pain. But for everyone that was happy, there was one person that was unhappy with her company. If you guessed correctly, it was none other than Kagome Higurashi.
 
She couldn't' say that she hated her, though it was exactly what she felt. After saying bye to the villagers, Mikado followed after her fellow associates. Everyone felt happy with her company but Kagome looked away with mixed emotions. Today was bright and sunny without a single cloud in the air.
 
“Tell us about yourself, Mikado!” Miroku asked
 
They stopped for a quick break under a shady tree while eating some of Kagome's mother's onigiri. Mikado felt much pressured. Mikado took a sip of her tea and sat very uncomfortably on the trunk of a broken tree.
 
“I rather not, I'm sorry” Mikado replied
 
Subconsciously, she tightens her grip on the bamboo cup. Everyone felt pity to ever bring it up, especially Miroku. Mikado now felt guilty for saying no, even in the kindest way so she decided to tell but not all.
 
“I had a mother and a father...” She started out.
 
“It's okay Mikado, you don't have to say it” Sango stopped her but she shook her head and continued.
 
“My mother was a famous priestess of her time and my father was the Dragon of the West.”
 
Everyone paused what they were doing. It made Mikado happy that she was finally talking about her father. She was proud of both of them, no matter what. Inuyasha felt her pain. Everyone found it difficult to take in that she was a hanyou. Kagome was also interested in the story and found it truly saddening.
 
“I was born having powers of a priestess yet I am still part demon, though I cannot transform but I still have demonic powers.” Mikado continued, “My father protected me and my mother until he was killed in a war between the Chinese Demons and his demons.”
 
She looked at the dimmed fire that was used to make the tea. It brought awful memories but she remembered the last words he said to her, `I am proud to have a wonderful daughter'. She smiled at the sadden faces, reassuring them that it was okay.
 
“My mother told every day that my father would always protect. Then my mother died of old age, while I still remained the same every day.” Mikado said, “After time, I finally was old enough to help my village and soon seek for peace through out villages.”
 
They continued walking without a word said between lips. Everyone was affected by Mikado's story. But Mikado kept such a distinct face that it seemed that she did not care whatsoever. She watched the birds fly around the treetops and chirping ahead. She noticed that everyone was especially silent.
 
“There is nothing to worry, I don't mind,” Mikado spoke
 
Everyone stopped walking, feeling ever more guilt as she continued to walk without notice of their suddenly halt. Inuyasha felt, in ways, similar to Mikado. Was that a reason of why Inuyasha had feelings for her? Instead of being quiet, Sango spoke up as soon as Mikado stopped walking.
 
“Don't you feel remorse?” Sango bravely asked
 
“No, my mother also told me that I should never feel sadness for my father, that I should feel proud. And I will keep that forever.” Mikado smiled.