InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Autumn and Winter (Inuyasha & Naraku) ❯ New Enemy, Kagura ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was the nearing of the sun's rest or nighttime. Everyone was ready with a fire and yawn or two here and there. Everyone reverted to their normal selves. Though Mikado wasn't accustomed to it, every day Miroku would stroke Sango's bottom, Inuyasha would always hit Shippou for something then Kagome would `sit' him. The next village was past the mountains and they were no where near the mountains.
 
Tonight felt unusual, like something was off. But Mikado thought that it was just because she wasn't used to traveling with companions but just in case, she had her demonic powers spread up to 300 feet, so she can sense any presence coming toward them.
 
Meanwhile, in a poisoned castle far away from the group, lies Naraku. He sat on the floor, wearing his usual baboon pelt but without his mask on, watching a miko in the mirror of his `daughter' Kanna. As he continued to watch the miko sleep with his enemies, he couldn't help but to feel suck an enlighten feeling, that it would look like he was so kind and pure.
 
Next day, Mikado woke up early, just before the sun rose up from the horizon. She saw that everyone was still sounding asleep. She took one quiet but deep breath then found herself face toward Inuyasha. She stared surprisingly at the hanyou. One Inuyasha realized what he was doing; he went back to his position of his back on the truck of the tree.
 
“I'm sorry” Inuyasha spoke
 
“Sorry for what?” Mikado chuckled
 
“For yesterday, you didn't need to say anything; a no would have been okay.”
 
“Thank you for caring for me but I am perfectly fine. Just the thought of you feeling the same way as I do makes me filled with joy.” Mikado smiled
 
As she smiled, the hanyou Inuyasha saw sun rose at the same time, giving her smile a soft and sincere appearance. For that short but everlasting moment, Inuyasha has never felt so open-hearted. He felt as though he could end his life after this. Everyone woke up and started to walk toward the mountains until a group of demons attacked them.
 
“Hiraikotsu!” Sango shouted
 
The demons came everywhere. Inuyasha took out his sword, the Tetsusaiga, and used his most famous technique, the Wind Scar but after a thousand of demons destroyed, more kept coming. Miroku tried to use his wind tunnel but he was surprised to find Saimyosho blocking him for using his Kazaana. Everyone knew this was the work of Naraku. Kagome stared in fear as Inuyasha, as usual, protected her. Mikado took out her weapon, a purple striped fan that was decorated with petals of a flower.
 
“Stand back everyone,” Mikado warned
 
Everyone stopped fighting. She started to twirl in a circular motion that completely stopped. The fan of hers, started to glow a bright blue color. She moved her arm that held the fan in a circle then with a swish of her wrist, shards of light coming attacking the horde and killing every single one of them. No corpse or part of any demon was left; all was completely destroyed by her move.
 
“Wow! What was that?” Shippou asked
 
“That was my technique, Tentou no Mai, or Dance of the Heavens.” Mikado replied
 
The horde of demons stopped, but the sky was filled with a dark aura that it stained the blue skies to a hazy purple. Everyone knew who it was, except Mikado who stood as calm as a bird on a branch of the tallest of trees. Blades came out of the darken skies and attack the group. A cloud of miasma fell upon the ground. When it started to disperse, there between the dusts, was the vile creature, Naraku.
 
He has hidden himself in a baboon pelt that covered everything but his mouth. Besides him was his `daughter', Kagura but she was most likely his servant. Kagura danced her Dance of Blades but Mikado counterattacked Kagura's Dance of Blades with another technique called Tamashii no Mai, or Dance of the Jewel. Kagura was both surprised a angry at the thought of someone counterattack her Dance of Blades.
 
“Well Kagura, it seems that you have new opponent,” Naraku chuckled.