InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back From the Dead : The Sequal ❯ Chapter I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The group walked through the woods chatting away. Shippo rested up on Kagome's shoulder. Miroku and Sango rode on Kirara. Inuyasha and Kagome walked hand in hand and allowed the sun to add to the shine of their smiling faces.

It had been nearly a year since Kagome had ...died, and since that mysterious woman had aided Inuyasha to bring her back and in completing the Shikon. So much had happened in that little time period. .....so much in such little time.

After Kagome had fully recovered, Inuyasha admitted he loved her, as did she. But that wasn't the least of it. Miroku and Sango had been married less than a month after the whole incident, and she was due in another week or so.

Inuyasha leaned in and gave his mate a quick kiss. Kagome leaned her head on his shoulder, her hand in his, and her free hand resting ever so lightly on her stomache.

"Kagome, look!" Shippo exclaimed as he pointed to a figure ahead on the path.

"What the...?!....It's...her?"



"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, "Who is she?"

He ignored her question as he walked toward the image, unable to think of words to say.

"Inuyasha, I see you and your mate is well." she said, smiling kindly.

He nodded. "It's thanks to you."

"No need for such nonsense." she stated. "But the reason I have saught after your presence is to warn you.."

"Warn us...? Why?"

She ignored the question and walked up to Sango, who had dismounted Kirara. She stared into Sango's eyes for a moment, then her smile grew. "Lady Sango, noo need for fear...the desires of your heart will be fullfilled." Sango's eyes grew wide. She knew exactly what the lady was speaking of. Then the woman turned to Kagome and did the same as before. Only this time, her smile faltered. "Lady Kagome, I suggest you head towards your time. Things are bad for your kin, and if you do not go, it will be even worse for you and your children."

"Wwhat?" Inuyasha nearly yelled. Tears were trickling down Kagome's face.

"What do you mean? Who are you to say such things?" Kagome asked, allowing more tears to fall.

Inuyasha pulled her to him and rubbed her back comfortingly.

"I am Hiren....the one who helped your mate revive you nearly a year ago." she said. "The only reason I did such was for the fact I knew you would be needed for future purposes. Both times are in grave danger. A cruel spirit, Vain, is causing massive chaos...especially for those of your family. He ...is in the future, but when you were yet to be born."

Kagome sobbed silently into Inuyasha's haori. "So what you're sayin' is that he's trying to make it so that..."

"Kagome is never created...is never born."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A good place to end the chapter, ne? Anyways I have to get ready for work in a few hours, and I have other things to do now. Byebye. Oh, let me know what you think.