InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Begin Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. I don't think I own the idea either ^_^' heh heh. He belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
I know, I know, you all hate me, but please be kind, this odd bout of inspiration just hit like a bolt of lightning and I felt the undeniable urge to write this. I know it's an old and worn out ideal, but I wanna try it, oh well. Please if you Naruto fans wanna be mad at someone, beat my muses.
 
If you'd like, I have chapter art you can look at. I'm posting a picture for each chapter. I'm no Rumiko Takahashi, but I'm at least semi good, in my own way. You can see it in my artwork, and yes, sadly, my given name is Amanda…
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
 
Beginning Again~**~**
 
Hate... Fear… Agony…
 
Such strong words…Yet so small… All of these things he felt, simultaneously. Such a confusion of emotions he was. All he wished for was escape… to run from it, to start over… Yes how nice it would have been to start over right then…
 
Start over…Begin once more…
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Kagome lay on her bed, mentally exhausted. Who said hard work never killed anyone? Kagome silently swore to sock whoever had come up with that one. She had spent three days in her time already. It seemed that homework and the ever-prevalent terror of tests had taken over her life. `This is sooo much harder than slaying demons!' she mentally commented. She knew she couldn't go back though. She had really fucked things up, and knew she could only wait for him to come get her. He had never left her in her time for this long before without making an appearance though, which had her worried.
 
`What if I messed up too much… what if I pushed him too far… will he come back?' she wondered nervously as she looked out her window to the Goshinboku. It was the place had first met him, seen him, and it was where she had fallen in love with him. Kagome looked back on the past few days. She had spilled her guts to her friends, who now thought she was on a one-way road to destruction with Inuyasha. True, they had loved him when they met him, but after what she had told them she was sure, they thought she was a monster for arguing with him so heatedly and saying such harsh things.
 
Hell! She thought she was a monster! She tried to get the picture of her all demon like out of her head as she pulled herself under the covers, hoping she could fall asleep and wake knowing their fight had just been a bad dream brought on by summer heat and questionable stew or something.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
The first thing Kagome did when she woke up was search her house for any sign of a certain white-haired scoundrel. She searched all his usual spots, by her bed, outside her window, in the sacred tree, pestering Buyo, with Souta, in the well house, everywhere, but he was nowhere to be found. She even began to sing softly.
 
“Oh where oh where has my Inu-kun gone? Oh where oh where could he be? With his little dog ears and his little dog pout, oh where oh where could he be?” She knew if he was anywhere within hearing reach he would get mad. He hated when she called him Inu-kun, and when she acknowledged he had dog-ears or anything dog-ish about him. She couldn't understand why though. Personally, she thought it was pretty cool to be half-animal or demon or whatever you want to call it. She also hadn't wanted to use sit just yet. He was already fuming from their last encounter, why fan the flames? However, desperate times call for desperate measures, so she drew in a large breath and yelled, “SIT BOY!!” at the top of her lungs…silence…No crash… No groan of agony… No snide remark… Nothing but a terrible silence.
 
`He's not here…' she realized sadly and looked to the well house. Dare she try to go back? Should she wait? Kagome sighed in defeat, nothing ever kept him from getting her but Kikyo. Kagome went over to the well, leaning over the edge, staring at the hole… That was how she felt… empty and hollow without him. She swung herself over the edge, knowing she probably wouldn't like what she'd find.
 
A bright blue swirl of color enveloped her as she transcended time into the past. She climbed up the vines and looked around. Normal feudal era forest, but no Inuyasha.
Kagome headed for Kaede's village, finding Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kirara all sitting near by her hut. She greeted them kindly and sat down with them.
 
“It's good to see you again, Lady Kagome.” Miroku said politely. No matter how much of a pervert he was, he always talked to her in a well-mannered nature, unlike some people.
 
“Did you bring me back anything?” Demanded Shippo, hopping up and down. Kagome sadly shook her head.
 
“I'm sorry Shippo, I forgot.” She admitted and he immediately stopped jumping and gave a little pout. “I'll get you something extra special next time though.” Shippo instantly transformed from dejected to ecstatic. She could not help but giggle. Kagome looked from side to side and up and down, looking for him. Her friends gave her a weird look.
 
“Kagome, what are you doing?” Asked a bemused Sango.
 
“Where's Inuyasha?” She questioned back, only earning a weird look from the taijiya and houshi who stared at each other, then at her.
 
“We thought he was with you the whole time.” answered Miroku. “We haven't seen him since you left.” An expression of worry crossed her face.
 
“Well neither have I.” She told them, “I thought he was here all along.” Shippo snorted in annoyance.
 
“He's probably out with her… Jerk!” Shippo exclaimed a little louder than needed. Kagome hugged her knees in despair, what if he had gone to hell with her?
 
“When will that baka learn how much he's hurting you!?” Growled the very pissed off hentai.
 
“I know!” the demon slayer continued, “He's so inconsiderate and thick! How dare he run off to that undead... Ugh I won't say it… I'm not that uncivilized.” Kagome had buried her head in her arms, it was her fault… She had hurt him… Now all she could do was wait for him to come back… if he ever did.
 
Kagome decided a bath would clear her head and both she and Sango went to the nearest hot spring.
 
“Ahh…” she moaned in satisfaction, a bath was just what she had needed to relax and get him off her mind. The girls spent their time talking about what had happened while she was gone. Apparently, Shippo had fallen for another village girl. Kagome hoped he wasn't taking after Miroku or Inuyasha and turn out to be a playa in the future. Or worse a mix of both. Kirara was going into heat, which could turn into a bad thing. The only thing they needed was for one of them to get pregnant, no matter if it was a demon cat. Other than that, nothing much had happened. It was surprisingly quiet without the half demon.
 
Once they had finished, kagome grabbed her towel and wrapped it around herself, when she heard a wheezing sound, faint but definitely there. She looked around and at Sango, she had heard it too.
 
“Who is it?” Kagome called out loudly, “I know you're there! Shippo is that you? Miroku!” she shouted, “Come out!” Sango looked at her and put one finger over her lips to be quiet. Sango suddenly threw apart the bushes yelling, “CAUGHT CHA!”
 
Kagome scurried next to her, only to gasp as the confusion set in.
 
It was small, child sized…
 
It had dog-ears…
 
White hair…
 
A tattered red kimono…
 
A prayer bead necklace…
 
Tetsusaiga lay near him…
 
“Inu…yasha?” They both asked in unison.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Yay! First chapter. Each chapter will be least three pages long, or at least, that's my goal. Hopefully they will get longer as time wears on. I will update once every week, as promptly as I can. Please don't be mean, review! I would like someone to help me, or at least give me pointers on how to improve. Flames are accepted and inevitable, however I do enjoy nice reviews ^_^ *Wink wink, nudge nudge…* Goodbye for now!
 
Fullmetal-Chibi-chan a.k.a Inuyasha_luvs_Kagome_forever!