InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ I'm Just a Kid ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, but I wish I did. Rumiko, you are my hero! Why must he belong to you? *Snuggles Inu and Kag plushies*
 
Hello! Now, I know I said I'd update once a week, but tonight's the hunters' moon and in honor of my favorite night of the year, I give you the second chapter! And for goodness sakes, review!!! Thank you Tweak for reviewing! I love you!
 
On the night of the crimson moon, wolves shall howl, for the night is lonely without the howl of a wolf…
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
 
I'm Just a Kid~**~**
 
Kagome kneeled down next to him, his face was bright red and his breathing was labored.
 
“Sango, what in the world happened to him?” Kagome asked.
 
“No idea… Are we sure it's him?” Kagome nodded, pointing to the prayer beads.
 
“Yeah, only I can remove the beads, which I never have.” They looked at each other and nodded. Kagome picked him up; he was so light and completely limp. Sango picked up the Tetsusaiga, knowing better than to leave it for any demon to take. Kagome put her hand to his forehead, and immediately drew back.
 
“He's burning up; we need to get him better.” They hurried back to Kaede's hut. Miroku's eyes just about popped out when he saw both Kagome and Sango soaking wet in nothing but towels. He struggled not to get an erection right there and pull the white towel off of his fiancé.
 
“Kaede! We found Inuyasha.” Said Sango as Kagome neared with something small and red in her arms. Kaede gasped, Taking little Inuyasha in arm. Shippo hopped onto Kagome's shoulder.
 
“No way! That can't be Inuyasha! He's all…Small… and Kid-like…” Kagome nodded, “I know, he looks younger than you.” Kaede grabbed a bottle and poured a thick liquid into his mouth.
 
“Get him out of this haori and fetch some cold water before he dies of fever.” The old woman demanded. Miroku hurried to the stream for water and Kagome pulled off his robe to reveal a large ugly wound to his arm. It was turning yellowish and pussy (as in a zit or infection…pervert) His skin near it glowed red angrily. She grabbed her first aid kit from her bag and found disinfectant, pouring it in liberate amounts over the wound. A hiss of pain escaped the child's mouth as she scrubbed the puss from the wound.
 
In all truth, it was quite possibly the nastiest wound she'd ever seen on him. She quickly bandaged it and pulled a bottle of Motrin from the kit. His body, though she knew he must be malnourished from the fever, was chubby and cute. His face appeared so innocent. All she could wonder was `What the hell happened to him?'
 
As darkness fell, Kagome sat by his side, patting his head and body with a cold rag, giving him medicine. Thank goodness, she had some kid strength medicine in her bag, just in case Shippo ever became ill. She gave him a sip of Motrin every couple of hours to help with the fever instead of Kaede's medicine. She looked at him with pity and fuss. Finally, after everyone had fallen asleep, Kagome grabbed a pillow and drifted off into sleep.
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Kagome woke up feeling strangely violated. She looked down to see a little bundle of white haired, dog-eared cuteness snuggled up to her chest. She didn't know whether to think it was adorable, or perverted. He hadn't woken up, but still, did he have memory of what happened? Was he just trapped in a little body or was he truly a kid again?
 
Kagome grabbed the Motrin and gave him a small sip. His fever had broken, he was just asleep now.
 
“Is he any better Kagome?” Sango asked quietly. Kagome nodded. “His fever broke, but he's still got a nasty arm wound.” Sango looked at him; it was amazing how tiny he was. It was just so hard to believe that this tiny child was the arrogant man who had saved them and put his life on the line to keep them safe in a moments notice. Miroku and Shippo woke up a couple of minutes later when Kagome started breakfast.
 
“Is that ramen I smell?” asked Miroku. Kagome nodded while stirring the pot. “I'm hoping the smell will bring him to. You know, the memory of his favorite food.” She explained. However, after everyone had finished eating, he still hadn't stirred. She sighed in defeat and went to change his bandage.
 
The infection was much better. The swelling had gone down and it wasn't so yellow any more. She took a cloth soaked with disinfectant and rubbed it over the wound. A sharp yowl of pain rang through the hut as Inuyasha's eyes snapped open. Kagome nearly fell backwards in fright as the child Inuyasha backed himself into the corner of the hut, farthest away from every one, growling.
 
“Who are you!?” He demanded loudly, baring his tiny fangs. Kagome inched forward to him, causing him to back even farther into the corner.
 
“It's me…Kagome.” She answered softly as she held her hand out to him, about 2 feet away from him. He only growled louder. “I don't know any Kagome! Get away from me human!” He spat with distain. She inched closer, trying to calm him down.
 
“Kagome be careful, he may be small, but size doesn't account for anything.” warned Sango. Kagome looked back and nodded but while doing so, she had inched too close for Inuyasha's comfort. She yowled in pain as extremely sharp baby teeth dug into her hand, between her thumb and forefinger.
 
She tried to shake him off, but his jaw was like a vice grip, only sinking farther, not to mention his claws had come into the picture, shredding the skin of her arm. He shook his head like he was trying to take the hand off her arm. Kagome did her best to hold back tears of pain. Sango, fearing he would cause even more damage, rushed to Kagome's side, but she held her back. Sango looked at her, dumbfounded. Kagome waited for him to stop scratching and run out of energy. He looked her in the eyes.
 
Fear… misery… Confusion… His eyes seemed to scream. He let go of her hand. It was a slightly macabre sight to see him with blood on his claws and dripping from the corners of his mouth. He'd caused a lot of damage to her arm, but hadn't slit her wrist at all. She wrapped a towel around her arm to soak the blood and came nearer to him.
 
He flinched as her hand rose above his head. He was bracing himself for impact. She brought her good hand down slowly to his head, rubbing it slightly, whispering, “I'm not going to hurt you… You're safe here.” He looked up at her, and then bent his head down, away from her hand, backing away again.
 
“Will you talk to me?” She asked softly. He only backed away more. “Are you hungry?” she asked, no answer. As if on queue, Sango grabbed a bowl filled with ramen and chopsticks, handing it to Kagome. She set it down in front of him and backed away, realizing from experience that forcing him to do any thing would just end up in disaster Only after he was left alone, did he dig in, eating ravenously.
 
The day was fairly calm, or at least was unless anyone went near him, and then loud growls would fill the room. Kagome never left the room, knowing he would bolt the first chance he got. She regarded him as a frightened puppy, only wanting to go to safety, but not knowing he was safer here than out there. Late in the evening Kagome finally got up the courage to approach him again after she'd bandaged her hurt arm.
 
“Inuyasha… will you let me look at your arm?” she requested. He frowned and looked at his arm, trying to lick the wound, but it was too high for his tongue to reach. She came closer with a rag in hand. “Let me clean it out. If it's not looked after it could make you sick again. Perhaps even kill you.” She knew this to be true and didn't like to admit it, but decided to say it to scare him a bit.
 
He looked at her closely and seemed to think it over. Grudgingly he finally held his chubby arm out to her, wincing from the pain of the disinfectant. “Sorry… I know it hurts.” She empathized. The wound was wrapped up and Kagome smiled. “There, all better. Tomorrow we need to change the bandage again, okay.” He nodded. “You know you're safe here… Nobody here is going to hurt you on purpose. We're your friends.” He gave her an incredulous look and backed into his little corner, dragging Kagome's pillow there with him. She decided not to fight him on it.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Well, so ends the second chapter. Tell me what you thought. Please, I'll give ya a cookie!! You KNOW you want the cookie… More cuteness to come next time… And bouncy balls and jealous kitsunes! You can find the art for this chapter in my fan art ^_^ I know it's not the best, but I'm not used to coloring my pictures and calligraphy pens are hard to use… Heh heh…