InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Hurt ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha! Nor will I ever. My solution, Make my own manga!! Hah! Then people will be writing fics about my characters!!! ^_^ Inuyasha and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
Thanks Inu Hanyou Nikki, ^_^ sorry out there. If you didn't know what it was in the first place, don't mind this.
 
Hurt~**~**
 
The next morning Kagome woke up, but the corner was empty. A bolt of panic ran through her as she saw her bag had been dug through. She ran outside into the morning air, only to see little Inuyasha bouncing a ball on the grass with a sad look in his eyes. Inuyasha plopped down on the grass, letting the ball roll away from him. Kagome heard a small sniff from him. She took a step forward, earning her a turn of his head. He had tears in his eyes.
 
Little Inuyasha was remembering his `home.' Playing Temari with the other children. Or at least attempting to. They always pushed him aside and ignored him, or just stop playing when he got close. It was during one of those sessions that he was called half-breed for the first time. The first time he ever saw his mother cry…
 
Surprisingly, he let her walk toward him without growling. She sat about 3 feet away from him on her knees, looking at him. He wiped his tears away with his good arm, and then looked at her. “Are you okay?” she inquired. He nodded vaguely. “Do you want to talk to me?” He shook his head softly. “Alright… If you ever want to talk to me about it, I'll be ready to listen.” He nodded once and got up. She watched him pick up the ball and walk up to her. He held it in front of her, offering it to her. She gingerly took it in hand.
 
“Thank you.” Kagome smiled, holding the two toned ball in her hands. It was wet from the dew. “Sorry….” He apologized with embarrassment. “I took it… without asking…” She grinned and patted him on the head. “You're welcome to play with it whenever you like.”
 
A large smile spread across his face `Maybe this lady isn't so bad after all…' He considered. Kagome held the ball in one hand, giving him the universal look that said, `Wanna play?' His eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas.
 
“You really wanna play with me?” He asked excitedly. She smiled in reply and threw the ball. He instantly sprang up and gave chase to the ball. She couldn't help giggling as she saw the bright smile spread across his face. He threw the ball back to her and caught it again. Before she knew it, they were caught up in a game of catch/ ping pong, trying to make the other miss. Not surprisingly, Inuyasha was winning. Both were so caught up in their game that neither noticed Shippo watching them from the hut with a bit of jealousy. `She never plays with me like that…'
 
By the time they had stopped, Kagome was panting hard and Inuyasha was right as rain. “You're not even the least bit tired?” she gasped, he shook his head happily. “C'mon, let's get in. I have to make breakfast.” He nodded and followed her and as easy as a snap, he relapsed back into his introverted self.
 
He had no idea why he hadn't run at the first second he'd smelled her coming. Something deep down had told him to stay, and he knew his instincts were always right, so he obeyed. But he still wondered. What was it about her that compelled him to stay? Was it because she was nice? Because she was pretty? Who knew?
 
Kagome made fried rice for breakfast while Inuyasha sat in his corner trying to ignore Shippo's glares. Every time Kagome looked back, Shippo smiled and tried to win her praise by helping her with cooking. Meanwhile, Inuyasha was remembering his mother, when they had cooked together one day when their food hadn't been brought to them for some reason. He had loved helping her.
 
As he saw Kagome pat the kitsune on the head in approval, he remembered his mother doing the same. How lucky the kitsune was to have such a nice mommy… He wished his was with him… He desperately wanted to wake up in his mother's arms and have her tell him in her soft, sweet voice that it had just been a bad dream… That she wasn't dead… But even for being a young child he knew, death was irreversible and she was gone forever… And he was alone… Forever…
 
Kagome saw him in the corner, completely withdrawn and could only wonder how his personality could have 180ed from this when he got older. What had happened to him that had forced him to find his voice, to stand up to the world and say `I'm not taking your shit anymore!' It had really surprised Kagome how well mannered little Inuyasha was to say he was sorry for something that wasn't even a big deal. She couldn't even get him to say thank you before without starting an argument. Unbeknownst to her, Sango and Miroku were asking the same question.
 
“Inuyasha, do you wanna help me too?” she asked, whilst pouring a handful of chopped carrots into the pan, seeing that look of longing in his amber orbs. His head shot up and Shippo's did the reverse.
 
`Why does she want him to help? I'm helping Kagome! Not Inuyasha!' Inuyasha saw the hateful glare Shippo was giving him and curled up tighter in refusal to start a fight. “Okay then.” She said sadly, wondering why he didn't want to help.
 
However, Sango and Miroku knew exactly what happened. They agreed silently that Sango would tell her friend about it later. Meanwhile, she would try to loosen him up. Sango sat over by Inuyasha and smiled, “So… how are you feeling?” she inquired, trying to start a conversation. That was about as useful as trying to talk with a deaf-mute seeing as he only looked at her apprehensively and scooted away. Sango sighed in defeat, shrugging to Miroku.
 
Inuyasha walked over to Kagome's bag and pulled the ball back out and rolled it from one hand to the other, watching it intently, a.k.a trying to ignore the fun Shippo and Kagome were having. Sango tried to initiate a game, but he only hugged the ball to his chest and moved away.
 
To be honest, he was afraid of the other woman. In a way, she resembled his mother. Her hair was similar, just shorter and lighter, but she was much more outspoken than his mom, more demanding. Not to mention, the man next to her was covered in bruises. His sense of self-preservation told him to stay out of her way, lest you initiate her fury.
 
After breakfast was done, Kagome let Shippo serve, who went straight to Miroku, Sango and sat two out for himself and Kagome, he even gave Kirara a bowl, leaving Inuyasha in the corner. Sango and Miroku noticed immediately while Kagome was busy cleaning up, she had no idea her Inu-chan had been left out. Sango hadn't touched hers yet, so she handed her bowl to Inuyasha.
 
“Here have mine.” She smiled. He tentatively took the bowl and then, after judging that it was safe, dug right in, eating voraciously. Shippo frowned and huffed over to his bowl, eating loudly in huge bites. Kagome saw Sango get up and get another bowl for herself. “Shippo, you didn't get Sango any?” Kagome asked. He looked surprised, though Sango knew he was acting. “I'm sorry Sango.” He said with a fake smile.
 
She gave him a disapproving look, which he ignored. As the day went on, Shippo did all he could to keep Kagome away from Inuyasha, finding it easier than ever now that he was little and timid. He had insulted him and called him a baka in growls, sticking his tongue at him at every chance and even stealing his ball. All under Kagome's nose.
 
The only time he hadn't tormented him that day was when Kagome changed his bandage, his wound had healed completely. Once evening started to come around he began to tone it down, knowing Sango and Kagome would go to take a bath soon so he hoped Sango wouldn't rat him out.
 
Inuyasha had been trying to gather his courage since yesterday and finally seeing his chance as he went to grab his floaties and suddenly he asked Kagome. “How do you know my name?” He asked meekly. Kagome's face fell,
 
“You really don't remember me us at all?” she had hoped he at least had some recollection of them. He shook his head. “Who are they?” He muttered. Kagome felt weird having to introduce his friends to him. “Miroku…” She pointed to a man in dark robes, “Sango…” The woman beside him who smelled of demons skin and bones and looked kind of like his mamma, “Shippo…” A kitsune a couple years older than him, who didn't like him “And Kirara…” A female nekomata in heat, she seemed nice enough.
 
“I don't get it, I've been thinking but I can't figure it out… How do I know you?...” Kagome gulped trying to think of a way to put it. `Well you're a teenage half-demon with amazing strength. These are our friends who are trying to help us find the Shikon jewel which could destroy the world if it fell into the wrong hands. After we got into an argument I went home to the future and when I came back you were like this. Also your love from 50 years ago came back from the dead and is trying to take you to hell with her because she's a psychotic bitch.' Oh yeah, that was believable… Even 5 year old would say she needed to be thrown in a nut house.
 
“It's complicated…” she said, unable to find a way to make it sound credible. “What do you remember?” She asked gently. His face fell completely and his eyes seemed suddenly empty. He drew his legs into his chest and hid his face. Shippo rolled his eyes, so dramatic…
 
“Inuyasha…” she said softly, reaching out to touch him. His hand struck out, pushing hers away. “Don't touch me.” He ordered as he looked at her. Tears were welling up in his eyes.
 
“They killed her…they killed my mama… It's all my fault!” A small gasp escaped from Kagome. Sango and Miroku looked at each other sympathetically, they knew his mother wasn't something he talked about, so it must have been a terrible death, not to mention she was the mother of a half demon.
 
“How long ago?” Little Inuyasha shrugged. “Days, weeks, months?” She asked only to get another shrug. “Couple days I think…” Kagome could feel the tears coming. `No wonder he's so jumpy.' She realized. `He thinks his mother's just died…'
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Hoorah, Chapter 3 is done! REVIEW PLEASE! Also, suggestions are wanted, pleeeeaaaase! I know, Kagome seemed like she was oblivious to the world in this chapter, but c'mon, Shippo does get away with a lot, even though he gets thoroughly pounded for it, usually, I believe he should grow up some. And yes I know Inuyasha could grow up some too. Oh, well. Till we meet again!
 
FullMetal-Chibi-Chan AKA Inuyasha_Luvs_Kagome_Forever