InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Seeing Is Believing ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I in no way gain any profit from writing this story. Inuyasha and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I OWN NOTHING!!!!
 
Hello readers and reviewers, here's the next chapter! And as a bonus, it's extra long! ^_^ he he! Here's to all you who are nice enough to review…. *HUGGLE GLOMP!!! CUDDLE!*
 
 
Seeing is Believing~**~**
 
“Inuyasha… There's something we need to tell you.” She started; causing him to cock his head to the side very adorably, tears still in his eyes, Kagome with held her urge to squeal in delight.
 
“You're really much older than you look right now.” She continued, the others nodding in agreement. He looked at her like she had grown a second head. “I know this sounds very weird and unbelievable but it's true. You're really over 190 years old, if you add the years you were on the Goshinboku and physically about 19. You see, you were until I came back yesterday. When we found you, you were a kid again. In truth, your mother died more than a century ago.” He shook his head in denial.
 
“No… NO! That's not true!!! You're crazy!” He yelled at her, “I won't believe you!” Kagome felt pity for him. How hard it must be to have reality pulled from under you like a rug.
 
“Inuyasha, please calm down, I know it's hard to believe, and that you're confused, but please, try to relax. Those beads around your neck, I put them there when I first met you three years ago.” He took the beads in hand and tried to pull them off furiously, but they only glowed pink and wouldn't got any farther than his nose.
 
 
“WHAT ARE THESE THINGS?” He demanded. “Only I can take them off you.” she explained. “Then take um off!!” he ordered. She shook her head and began holding his shoulders as he began to thrash about. Kagome wrapped her arms around him, holding him close. “No...” he mumbled into her shoulder, “It can't be true…” Kagome reached into one of her pockets, pulling out a folded paper.
 
“It's a picture of you, the you that we know.” She tried to unfold it to show to him, but he knocked it away, breaking free of her grasp.
 
“Get away from me crazy girl! No wonder you were nice to me! You're simple or something!” Kagome, though offended, shoved the picture into his shirt right before he ran out of the hut.
 
Kagome wondered what to do, try to keep up with him? Let him go? She sat in confusion as the sun began to set. A sudden scream of agony made her bolt upright and run outside. Inuyasha was collapsed in front of the Goshinboku, whimpering in pain and in a ball.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome yelled as she kneeled next to him, trying to find out what was wrong. Another scream of anguish erupted from him; he seemed oblivious to the world and the only thing that existed at the moment was the pain.
 
“Make it stop!” he cried, “Mamma! Please make it stop! Please!” He screamed as his hands gripped his head; practically pulling out his own hair. Kagome totally panicked, asking urgently. “Inuyasha, what's wrong? What's happening?”
 
“It hurts! IT HURTS!!” he shrieked pitifully, “MAKE IT STOP!!!!” Kagome and the other virtually had to cover her ears to prevent permanent damage to their hearing. Kagome looked at his hair; it was slowly turning black… excruciatingly slowly. His ears were morphing and migrating gradually down at the same pace. She looked up, no moon…
 
“It's the new moon… He's turning human.” She realized. Miroku looked on in curiosity.
 
“I never knew his transformation hurt him.” Sango nodded in accord. Kagome held him close, trying to calm him.
 
“Shhhh… Calm down… It's alright… It'll be over soon.” She whispered to him as she rocked him. He buried himself in her chest, whimpering and gritting his teeth in pain. Shippo frowned as Kagome held him close, comforting him. `He's probably faking…'
 
They were amazed to see his full transformation. He usually turned away or found a way to hide so they couldn't see. It was incredible to see his dog ears slowly morph into human ears and see his nails shrink. His hair looked like someone was pouring Indian ink on him, moving from the roots to the ends of his hair.
 
It was over after a half an hour and he finally calmed down. His face was red and his cheeks were tear stained. “Are you alright now?” she asked him. He nodded and snuggled into her, enjoying the warmth of her body. In less than a minute he had passed out and she carried him inside.
 
She spent the night stroking his head, and smiling at how cute he was. His face and fingers and body were all chubby with baby fat she knew he'd lose eventually and somehow morph into the hot, arrogant dog-eared teenager that haunted her as she dreamed nearly every night. She wondered if he ever had children if they'd be as cute as he was. She blushed at the thought of him and her together. How could she think such things with him her arms and in child form? Who knew if he would ever get back to normal she wondered as she drifted of into slumber.
 
 
Inuyasha's dreams~**~**
 
A beautiful woman sat with her dog-eared son in her arms. Night was falling, the new moon. Horrible whimpers of agony resonated through the hut as his change took place. His mother looked upon him sympathetically; her poor baby was in so much pain. She knew as he progressed in life he would hurt more… More than anyone should have to…
 
His tears soaked her white yukata as she held him to her breast, letting him hear the soft beat of her heart. Slowly, his crying ceased and it was only at that time that she ever saw her likeness in him, when his eyes turned violet like hers and hair turn raven's black. Any other night he so resembled his late father, it was bittersweet for her to look at him. He was all she had left of him and she would protect her little hanyou with all her power, even at the cost of her life.
 
“Mamma…” He whispered as exhaustion gave way to sleep. How much he hated these nights… But as long as his Mamma was with him, he was okay… The only person who didn't glare or spit at him or hit him. He loved the beat of her heart, so soft, the gentle reminder that she was there, that she loved him. She kissed his chubby cheek and in a whisper she said into one of his human ears.
 
“I will always love you... My son…”
 
End Dream~**~**
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Kagome woke to a rustling and movement in her lap. She looked down to see regular Inuyasha trying to get out of her lap. “Morning Inu-chan.” She greeted. He looked up and smiled softly, then got out. He scratched at his back and pulled off his kariginu. A small paper fell out. The picture. Kagome saw him sit down and open it. A look of shock and bewilderment took over his face as he looked.
 
It was Kagome; she was kissing someone on the cheek. The person was very red and stunned. He was taller than her, with long white hair, dog ears, thick eye brows and familiar amber eyes. A ring of prayer beads was laced around his neck and over his crimson kariginu.
 
“Th-thi-this is me?” He asked holding it up to her. She grinned nervously and nodded.
 
“Yeah, it was on Valentines day a few months ago.” She chuckled. He studied it closely.
 
“Why are you kissing me? Eww.” He said in dramatic disgust. She giggled girlishly.
 
“What, do I have cooties or something?” she said, teasing him.
 
“Yeah! You do!” He stuck out his tongue playfully; however, he didn't expect Kagome to catch it between her fingers.
 
“You shouldn't stick out your tongue unless you wanna lose it.” She joked.
She let it go and he moved it around in his mouth, trying to wet it again.
 
“So, how did I get this way?” He asked.
 
Kagome shrugged, “When I came back here, you were just little.” He looked bemused.
 
“I can't remember anything other than seeing them kill mommy… and stuff before that...” he murmured. She sighed, what could have happened to him?
 
“Let's just say I believe you for a second…” he began, “Why am I with you guys and what happened.” Kagome took a deep breath, trying to find the words to explain.
 
“Fifty-three years ago, there was a priestess that you were friends with and were going to turn into a human for her, permanently.” She couldn't bring herself to say he loved her or her name. “This jewel, called the Shikon jewel can grant wishes and has the power to make you human or full demon. However there was a misunderstanding. Both of you thought you had betrayed each other because a demon called Naraku tricked you both. In the end, you tried to steal the jewel to become a demon because you thought she had deceived you. Naraku had wounded the priestess in your form and in retaliation, sealed you to the Goshinboku for 50 years, while she ended up dieing.”
 
She paused for breath. “After 50 years I found you pinned to the tree on my 15th birthday. I am really from the future and I can go back and forth between eras using the bone eaters well.” He looked at her strangely. “I know, weird. Any way, I had the jewel inside of me and it was torn out by a demon and shortly after, I placed those beads on you to keep you in line.” He looked even more confused. This was too ludicrous to make up!
 
“You were an even bigger jerk back then and tried to kill me. About a day later I accidentally shattered the jewel into shards. Ever since, we have been traveling, looking for every shard to put it back together and keep it out of evil hands of Naraku. Along the way we met Miroku, Sango and Shippo, who have all been affected by jewel, Naraku and his evil. Shippo's father was killed over a dispute over the shards by the thunder brother demons. Miroku's hand holds a void that may one day swallow him whole because of Naraku, and Sango's entire family was killed by Naraku and his demons.” Inuyasha looked livid.
 
“How could one person cause so much damage?” He asked.
 
“I know it seems impossible, but it's true. You also have a brother named Sesshoumaru and a powerful demon sword called Tetsusaiga, which you inherited from your father. Currently you and your brother are not on the best of terms. He has tried to kill you multiple times and take Tetsusaiga from you because he wants its power.” Inuyasha's face fell, perhaps that was the one he saw…
 
“Mamma said I had a brother in the west and if even the gods themselves had forsaken me, I should seek him out. He's the one that hurt my arm, I think. ”
 
Kagome looked shocked, “Did he have white hair, a crescent on his forehead with stripes on his cheeks and a weird fluffy thing?” He nodded as he rubbed his arm.
 
“Yeah… He attacked me, and then looked at me all confused, saying I wasn't worth the effort, even more-so. I know why mamma didn't want me going to him. He hates me too… Just like everyone else. I'm not surprised.” He grumbled in sad realization. Kagome patted his back comfortingly.
.
“So how do we find shards?” questioned the 5 year old.
 
“I can sense them; I am the reincarnation of the priestess so, I have spiritual powers.” She answered.
 
“Oh.” He said softly, slightly nervous that she would purify him like some priest had a long time ago. I hurt like hell and he only turned human for a few hours. “So how do I get back to normal?”
 
“I don't know… I really don't know” she told him miserably.
 
“I really look like this?” He inquired. She nodded. “Heh, I look good! Strong!” gloated the little hanyou. She shook her head in amusement; he did have a little arrogance in him naturally.
 
“Say, why doesn't Shippo like me? Is it because I'm a half breed?” He wondered out loud.
 
“What do you mean Inuyasha? Shippo doesn't hate you.” The girl of the future told him.
 
“Are you sure? He took your ball, skipped me at breakfast, keeps calling me a baka and glares at me all the time.”
 
`That's hate if I've ever heard it and I bet he's seen plenty.' Kagome thought and sighed at the fact her little kitsune was being a brat.
 
“I've never seen him do that” she murmured, but she knew Inuyasha had no reason to lie, “It's so unlike him.”
 
“Yeah, well he does it to me.” Inuyasha admitted.
 
“I'll talk to him, okay.” She assured him. He nodded and let it drop.
 
“You know, you don't have to be afraid of Sango and Miroku, they're our friends you know.” she reminded him as a loud shout of HENTAI! Echoed throughout Japan. Kagome sweat dropped. He nodded and headed outside, where Sango and Miroku were. Currently, the monk was out cold and the taijiya was a dark shade of red, he'd never understand grown ups, and how true that statement was.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
It was a while later when Kagome came into the hut after talking with Inuyasha, to speak to Shippo.
 
“Shippo?” she inquired. He was upon her in a second and very enthusiastic. She looked him straight in the eyes, showing this was serious, which immediately sobered him. “Inuyasha told me you've been picking on him.” Shippo looked shocked.
 
“He must be lying then, you know how he is.” He insisted. Kagome frowned and shook her head at the little kitsune.
 
“Shippo, I know the regular him is less than honest some times but he's like a kid now. Shippo, don't lie to me; It will only make me mad at you.” She reminded him. He gulped nervously, avoiding eye contact.
 
“Now Shippo, are you jealous of him?” she asked.
 
“NO!!!” the kitsune defended, but Kagome's disapproving look squeezed the truth out of him “…A little…I guess…”
 
“You don't need to be,” Kagome soothed, “you both mean a lot to me and neither one of you is more important than the other.” He nodded in understanding.
 
“I know…” He murmured,
 
“Then don't do it.” Kagome concluded, “Will you go and tell him you're sorry?” The little fox nodded ruefully and sincerely. She flashed him her wonderful smile and patted him on the head. Kagome stood up, and walked out of the hut, but not before saying, “Good, `cause I don't wanna deal with two squabbling boys… Oh wait; I do every day, don't I.”
 
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Later that night
 
“Hey, Inuyasha,” Shippo whispered into one of Inuyasha's fuzzy dog ears. “I'm sorry.” He apologized.
 
Inuyasha was taken aback. “Why the sudden change?” he questioned.
 
“Just cause… Besides, if we work together, we can make really big mischief.” Inuyasha's ears faced forward in attention at the word mischief.
 
“We won't hurt any one though right?” He requested. Shippo waved him off, “Nah! Just little stuff!” Inuyasha smiled impishly “Great…he he...” But, Inuyasha knew he'd get his revenge for Shippo's teasing… eventually…
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
A/N: Now I know you guys want Inuyasha to get pay back, but don't worry, that's later ^_^ Shippo will get his comeuppance eventually. In the next chapter, let the cuteness commence!!! Till next time…
 
Fullmetal_Chibi_Chan AKA Inuyasha_Luvs_Kagome_Forever