InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Goodnight Sweet Prince ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I in no way gain any profit from writing this story. Inuyasha and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I OWN NOTHING!!!!
Goodnight Sweet Prince
Inuyasha flew into a very depressed and worried Kagome's arms. “Hi Kagome!” He cried gleefully.
“Hey, Inuyasha…” she mumbled back, as she kicked off her shoes sluggishly and set him on the ground. He followed her like a lost puppy as the ascended the steps into the house. “What's wrong `Gome?” He pouted.
“Uggh, that test was a total killer! I know I completely failed!! Why the heck would someone need to know how to find the square root of 12.72349 or how to rationalize it?!” She complained. He blinked a couple times, trying to figure out what in the hell she just said.
Kagome's mother was already there with a hot cup of tea in the kitchen.
“Calm down dear, I'm sure it wasn't that bad.” She reassured her daughter. Kagome reached into her pocket and unfolded a piece of paper and held it out to her mom.
“Oh…” she said as she looked. Every problem out of 65 was marked red. Atop the right corner was, in large, red capitals “FAILED!”
“Yeah, `Oh.'” She grumbled as she took the tea in hand and took a large gulp before her mother could stop her.
Inuyasha winced and mentally counted.
`…Ichi' Kagome's eyes snapped open
`…Ni' her face did an astounding imitation of a cherry.
…Sa-' “AAAHHHHHH!!!” Kagome shrieked at the top of her lungs as the boiling hot water burned her mouth and cut off his counting. The tea was sprayed all over the kitchen as she spat and dropped the cup. “HOTHOTHOTHOTHOT!!!!” The poor girl screamed fanning her scalded tongue, as Inuyasha covered his ears in pain.
By the time she had calmed down, she had knocked over two chairs trying to get to the sink to cool her tongue and probably permanently damaged Inuyasha's hearing. Kagome pulled away from the sink finally. Her shirt was soaked and sticking to her skin, showing a lacy lavender bra quite clearly. Inuyasha's eyes popped open and pointed to her chest.
“So that's where that goes!!” He exclaimed, extremely proud of his observational skills. Kagome looked down to see her shirt was transparent and eeped in horror; she quickly put her arms over her chest and ran upstairs to change. All the while Hikaru was covering her mouth with her hand delicately, trying to hold back peals of laughter.
Souta had come in just in time to see his sister disappear quickly to her room. “What's with her?” he asked, slinging his backpack onto the ground and heading up to his own room. Kagome's mother looked at the little hanyou critically, but he saw a smile in her eyes.
Kagome's day had been absolutely horrible. She had changed into her pink checkered pajamas and sat down on her bed, heaving a great sigh.
Flashback
Kagome! Hey!” Called her three friends as she walked down the school halls, trying to ignore them. They didn't seem to get the hint… “Kagome! How are you?” Asked Yuka.
Just fine…” She growled, all of her previous anger flooding back.
Good, we were hoping you'd calmed down. You were kinda scary at the fair…” Eri mumbled the end of her sentence, afraid of rousing her ire.
Nope, I'm still mad as hell.” She smiled. Their blood froze in their veins as her chilling grin was witnessed. “I just cannot believe you guys let him get hurt! What if he was your little brother, or cousin or something! You don't know half the things I would like to do to you all!” She snarled curtly.
Really Kagome, it wasn't that bad was it?” Ayumi squeaked in defense.
Oh ye-”
Kagome's answer was cut off by a seemingly feminine voice, but if you listened really closely you just might get the hint of masculinity. Keyword, might…
Kagome!” Hojo beckoned as he caught up with her. Her friends could have sworn they saw hellfire around her. “Hey, were did you go? Did you get sick?” The concern in his voice was enough to make anyone gag. She stifled a shudder of rage and turned to him.
Yup!” She smiled, “I got sick of you.” Hojo looked taken aback. “I'm sick of you trying to flirt with me. You're nice and all, but you're too nice. I'm already seeing someone else who I care for very much.” Kagome couldn't bring herself to say love because of his current condition. “I'm sure you'll find a nice girl that needs all your affection, but frankly, it's not me. Why don't you go out with Eri, Yuka or Ayumi? Or better yet, all of them! Then maybe, just maybe, you'll find something better to do than meddle in my love-life.”
End flashback
Well, as expected, they were entirely offended and ignored Kagome the rest of the day, quickly turning from BFF'S to mortal enemies. Or at least in their eyes. Kagome could have cared less, though it did bother her that her friends here were so superficial. She would give her life for Sango and vice versa.
What was it about people in her time that made them so shallow? Had she been like that? Kami forbid! Looking back, she had to admit, she had… She'd been a prissy little bitch at times and unfair to him, though there were plenty of times where he had too, but in more of a egotistical asshole way. Still, just because both of them screwed up a lot didn't make it right.
Inuyasha decided to test the fates and scrambled up the stairs to Kagome's room. Her door opening brought her attention back to the present. She looked to see a submissive little hanyou, ears back and slightly whimpering. She giggled internally, The Great Inuyasha, whimpering? How did his mother ever discipline him? He was so darned innocent looking! Especially when he blinked, even in his older form, it was so precious! She hoped when she had children they were that adorable! She flushed at the thought of little mini-yasha's.
She did her best to put on a disapproving look, reinforcing it with the memories of her complete mortification. “Have you been going through my drawers?” she questioned. He slightly nodded knowing he was probably in trouble. He faced her, putting his hands behind his back, making small circles on the floor with his big toe.
He looked down at the floor, muttering, “I'm sorry I looked through your drawers `Gome…” His eyes were wide and cute and his mouth was drawn into a puppy dog pout. One look at that face and her resolve melted like a snow cone in hell. That was it; she burst into laughter right there. Inuyasha found himself laughing along with her, just because.
“Oh darn it! I can't stay mad at you…” she growled dejectedly as she grabbed him from under the arms and into her lap on the bed. He smiled and cuddled into her, making her smile and blush at the same time. `He's so sweet! He just had it sapped out of him after so many years of hatred.' She looked at those cute ears and sighed, unintentionally blowing into it. She saw it flick. She blew again. It flicked again. She blew once more.
“Hey! stoppit! Dat tickles!” He complained, but Kagome giggled girlishly.
“They're so adorable!” she smiled as she took one in hand and rubbed. She was quite amazed at the result. She saw his eyes suddenly go half mast and his body loosened and relaxed. He cuddled deeper into her, grabbing onto her shirt, like he used to his mother, his head resting on her bosom.
As she rubbed harder she heard him purr almost, but it was gruffer, like a growl that came from his chest that she could feel. She put her cheek to his head, whispering, “Good night…” and laid back, gently pulling a blanket over them and drifting into a deep slumber.
Inuyasha's Dream
Small Inuyasha was in his mother's arms as they looked upon the lake. Inuyasha looked up at his mother as the sun set. “It's time for you to be getting to bed young man.” She smiled. He shook his head in defiance, “Nuh-Uh! I'm too…too old for a bed time!” He stated quite self-assured, yawning in the middle of it. His mother smiled and rolled her eyes.
Well then do you want me to tell you a story?” She offered. He nodded his head happily. “Which one?”
The one about the Hime and the Youkai!” He specified with excitement. “You've heard that one a thousand times honey.” He smiled, “Yeah, and I wanna hear it again!” She laughed gently. How cute and sweet he was. She wanted to keep it that way as long as she could, to keep him innocence before it was stripped from him.
Once upon a time, there was a hime-” she began before she was cut off.
Mom! You forgot to say she was beautiful!” He edged in. She sighed and began again, “Once there was beautiful hime. One night she was in the gardens…”
And she saw a reallystrong demon!” He cut her off once more. She had to laugh at him.
Are you going to tell this story, or am I?” she asked.
He pointed to her and said, “You.”
Izayoi tweaked one of his cute ears, she guessed if you were going to be cursed, might as well look cute doing it. “The let me tell it.” She cleared her throat.
When she saw him, she fell in love with him, but she knew her family would disapprove of him. She was so in love with him and him with her that it didn't matter and one night he kissed her.” He stuck out his tongue at that.
What's wrong, you don't like kisses?” she teased. He shook his head. “One day when you're older you'll kiss a girl.”
He put a finger down his throat dramatically. “Eww!!! I'll never kiss a girl!”
But you kiss me…” his mother pointed out.
Yeah, but you're my Mamma, so it's okay.” He explained.
Your daddy kissed me.” She giggled.
He rolled his eyes, “He's daddy, and he had to do that.” She only laughed.
One day you'll be a daddy.” She explained, “Then you'll have to kiss a girl.” He looked shocked at that revelation,
Welllll” he said, dragging out the `L', “I guess I'll kiss her.” His mother looked very proud, as if she'd won some battle. “But ONLY on the cheek…” He added for good measure.
She let out a small laugh at his behavior, then kissed his forehead soothingly and rocked him tenderly. He reached up and kissed her on the cheek. By that time, the half moon had risen in the sky.
Goodnight angel…” She crooned a soft forgotten lullaby as he slept, not knowing this would be one of the last nights she would be alive…
End Dream

A/N: The latest installment! Now remember, all the chapter art can be found on FF.net on Fullmetal chibi-chan's profile. Oh and if you're going to have to gall to critique my art, have some balls and sign in first, Ms.Critical!Thank you especially InuKikei, You rock mah sox! I won't let a flamer get me down! Muahaha!! Instead, I'll keep drawing just to piss you off. If you don't like it, DON'T LOOK AT IT!
Sorry, Ranting… A habit, yeah those who hate me for making Shinjitsu no Jutsu know and not finishing it, how out-of-hand I can get…Sweatdrop… Please review!