InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ The Whipping Boy ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Whipping Boy~**~**
 
Inuyasha's Dream~**~**
 
Inuyasha limped back to his mother's hut, his back ached from the whipping he'd gotten from the old lady. His clothes stuck to his back, matted with congealed blood.
 
“Mamma…” He called out, trying to hide the pain in his voice. His mother came to him, smiling sweetly and hugged him. He yowled in pain and bit his lip, trying to will away the ache. His mother gasped as she looked at her hands and the blood that had soaked them and stained her kimono.
 
Izayoi gasped in complete horror, “Honey! Who did this to you?!” She demanded. Inuyasha pointed in the direction of the hut of the oban. Izayoi silently cursed, though had she done so, it would have made no difference, being that he knew the words quite well already.
 
She carefully peeled the shirts off her son as he tried to choke back his screams of agony. His mother gently cleaned his back of the blood. There were hundreds of slashes going across his back from his shoulders to his rear. She bandaged him with the utmost care, so guilty for letting him get hurt to such a cruel extent.
 
Once done, he climbed into her lap, wincing softly. He looked up to his mother who looked so depressed. He hated that look. While he was being whipped, the lady had told him so many hateful things and as the pain of the whip faded, he thought, did his mother hate him? Was she only nice because he was her son?
 
Was he the reason she was hated? Would she have been happier without him?… Yes… It was the only answer that made sense.
 
“Mamma…do you…hate me?” he asked, eyes welling up, fearing her answer. Shock was plastered over her features, `Kami! Had they already stripped him of so much of his innocence? Was he already questioning her love?' She held him close, biting back tears.
 
“Never! I will never hate you… You are my son and I love you more than anything in this world…” Inuyasha looked at his mother, still questioning her.
 
“Are you scared of me?” He whimpered.
 
“Not a chance, there is nothing scary about you.” She crooned, kissing his chubby little cheek. “Don't believe a word they say, you're a special boy, and I love you. Whether you are part demon or not doesn't matter because,” She explained.
 
Izayoi grabbed the little dagger she kept with her at all times from inside her kimono and cut her finger. She showed it to her son. “We all bleed the same blood…” She explained. He nodded softly and licked her finger to wash off the blood. “We are all the same deep down…One day, after I'm gone; you'll find someone who loves you as much as I do.” Inuyasha's eyes widened.
 
“You're not going away are you?” He whined, “Please, don't go!” She rocked him to and fro.
 
“No, not now. I mean in the future. You'll find a girl to who loves you.” He looked at her incredulously; neither of them knew how true her statement was.
 
“Even my ears and stuff?” He asked. She tweaked his ear and smiled.
 
“She'll love every bit of you.” She giggled. “Especially your ears.” He smiled at the thought of someone other than his mother loving him, caring about him… Though it was the middle of the day, the pain had sapped his energy and with that last though on his mind, he drifted off to sleep.
 
End Dream~**~**
 
Kagome woke up happy and rested with little Inuyasha resting on top of her, snoring softly. “Wake up.” She ordered gently. His ears wiggled in recognition of her voice and his head popped up.
 
He stretched with his butt in the air, yawning, and completely not caring what he was touching. Kagome's face turned bright red like a hot iron as his chubby little hands touched her, not purposely she knew but, it was still weird and she felt slightly violated. “I-Inu-chan.” She started. He perked up
 
“Umm, well… Could you please watch out where you touch?” She asked; face sending off waves of heat. “I'm kinda not comfortable with you touching me there.” He nodded in understanding, feeling her embarrassment and an unpleasant memory coming to mind.
 
“Sorry, `Gome… I didn't know…”he apologized sincerely, gulping; he promised himself he'd never do that again.
 
She rubbed his head and smiled. “It's okay.”
 
Both were ready to leave in a few minutes. Mrs. Higurashi had taken the liberty of packing Kagome's big, infinitely stretching backpack.
 
Kagome gave her family goodbyes and Inuyasha hugged Hikaru tight, “I'll see you again right?” He asked sweetly. She nodded, “Of course.”
 
The girl of the future hauled the bag over her back and went to the well, hopping down with the little hanyou in tow.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Sango greeted Kagome in the village sweetly and Shippo nearly tackled her. Kirara mewed happily and Miroku was unconscious, unsurprisingly.
 
“Did you find anything out about his condition?” Kagome asked the old priestess. She shook her head sadly.
 
“Unfortunately, no child.” She answered. Kagome sighed, would they ever get him back to normal?
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Late that night, Inuyasha went out to do his business when he saw something in the sky. It looked like a flying snake with little bug arms and dragon ears. He felt intrigued by them and followed them, nervous but determined to figure out what they were.
 
He followed for what seemed like a mile and found a woman. Immediately, he felt uncomfortable. She smelled of corpses and graveyard soil, her eyes, cold enough to freeze hell, her aura was disturbing to him… Evil, extremely miserable, and vengeful.
 
He was so fearful of her; he hadn't noticed a shinidamachu sneak up behind him. The flying worm wrapped itself around him, paralyzing him
 
“Who is it?” Her strong voice monotone rang out. Inuyasha tried to struggle, grunting in effort. “Inu…Yasha?” she questioned. He froze. Mustering all the courage he had he tried to sound strong, but failed.
 
“H-how do y-you know my n-name?” He stuttered out. She glared at him.
 
“Do you not remember me? Who did this to you?” she commanded, the soul stealer squeezed tighter. He groaned in pain.
 
“I don't know!!! Lemme go!!!” He cried.
 
“No matter, I shall take you to hell with me either way.” She shrugged.
 
Had his eyes widened any more, they would have popped out of his head, “WHAT DO YOU MEAN TAKE ME TO HELL!! LET GO A ME YOU CREEPY DEAD LADY!!”
 
“You owe me your life. I will no longer wait for Naraku's death, I will take you now.” She grinned evilly.
 
“No!! I don't wanna die!! I wanna stay with Kagome!!” He pleaded desperately.
 
“How dare you say that.” She spat, “Would you have said that in your normal body? Have you gained feelings for that crude copy of me? Does she mean more than me?” She sneered.
 
“Let me go!! Kagome!!!!” He shouted in anguish, was it his fate to be dragged to hell by this psycho witch? Why in the world was she so adamant about this?!
 
“Answer me half breed!” She demanded louder, when a sudden flash of pink whooshed by her, embedding in the tree behind her.
 
“Let him go Kikyo!” ordered a firm but familiar voice. “He doesn't remember you or the vows he's made.”
 
“That does not matter, his life is mine to take, and I will take it now!” She mocked, “He is Mine!” Inuyasha had taken advantage of her attention to Kagome and bit the shinidamachu hard, making it let go and ran to Kagome.
 
“Quit talking about him like he's some kind of object!!!” She demanded.
 
Kagome had notched another arrow in her bow and Kikyo in hers. “What will you do girl? When he comes back to normal? Will you still fight to keep him, or will you let him go where he chooses?” Kikyo asked, “He knows deep down, I am the only reason he is alive.”
 
“Huh, you sound like you actually planned it. The way I see it, you wanted vengeance so much that you gave up any life energy you had left after being attacked by Naraku to condemn him to an eternity of suffering by keeping his soul trapped and body in tact.” She glared, “The wounds you had were not fatal by Kaede's words. No, you went out of your way, cursing him with your last breath, loving the fact he would suffer forever in limbo.”
 
Kikyo glowered fiercely as Kagome continued, “What you didn't expect was for me to come and free him, giving him a chance to live again, to be happy again. Now that you're back from the dead you're taking advantage of his guilt for your death, which you caused in your fury, to take him to hell so he will truly suffer for the rest of his days. Meanwhile, the piece of my soul that you stole will return to me, leaving him to rot for eternity.”
 
Kagome looked at her with extreme disgust, while she stared back in surprise. “You're not all that hard to figure out. How sad it is to see a priestess fall as low as to mess with a poor half-demons life.” She jeered.
 
Kikyo drew her arrow back farther, “Then die, you fake!” She yelled and let her arrow fly.
 
There was a flash and a wet thud. Kagome fell to her knees, letting her bow and arrow fall.
 
 
 
A\N: A whipping boy is one who is punished for another's wrongs. In medieval Europe a prince would have a whipping boy who would take the prince's punishment instead of him. Oban is bitchy old hag. I know, cliche' cliffie, but what's done is done. Hope you liked this chapter and please review, for the love of all that is sacred! -sigh- Oh and as you can tell I am an avid Kikyo hater. Something about her just makes me wanna throw a bucket of water on her and watch her melt! Haha. I've just gained a crapload of fans going 'HELL YEAH!' and a bunch of enemies going 'SCREW YOU!' I just know it... Any ways, art is on my FF.net profile so check it out is you want. I proud of the one for this chapter, Yay! I've never drawn anything like it before and it turned out better than expected.
Luv!
The Fullmetal-Chibi-Chan AKA Inuyasha_Luvs_Kagome_Forever!