InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Witchy Woman ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I in no way gain any profit from writing this story. Inuyasha and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I OWN NOTHING!!!!
 
 
Witchy Woman~**~**
 
“INUYASHA!!!” she screamed, as Kikyo disappeared into the underbrush, smiling.
 
Kagome held him in her arms, running to the hut as fast as she could. His hair had turned black and was now in human form with an arrow sticking out of his gut. Tears were running freely down her face, his breathing was shallow and labored.
 
“Kaede!!” She yelled as she barged into the hut. “What is wrong with ye child?” She asked sleepily, and then snapped to as soon as she saw the arrow through his stomach. “Who did this?!” she demanded, but the girl's eyes told all…Kikyo.
 
Kaede carefully took off his shirts, trying to navigate around his wound. She was forced to cut it and leave a scrap of cloth around the wound that the arrow was lodged in. Kaede was relieved to see the arrow had not gone in far, but this wound would kill him if he didn't turn demon soon.
 
“Child, we need to remove this arrow carefully, it is the only thing stopping him from getting back his power. However, if we do pull it out, we don't know how long it will be until he gets his power back.” Kagome nodded. The prospects were grim but they had to do it.
 
Kagome took the arrow in hand and gently began to wiggle it out. He was passed out from the sudden loss of demonic power. The arrow came out, followed by a gush of blood. Kaede staunched the current with a cloth, pushing down hard, hoping for him to live.
 
However, after twenty minutes, he was still human and his breath was even harsher, and his blood had soaked through two cloths already. Kagome didn't know the exact amount of blood he was losing, but she knew it was going to get deadly soon. She tried to bite back her tears as she prayed to the Kami for his survival.
 
A sudden cold wind blew outside, chilling everyone to the bone. Kagome looked around, but nothing. She gulped and kept an eye on her bow and arrows in the corner, by her bag. Kaede seemed unaffected by it, though in her eyes was slight concern, wile the others still slept.
 
Without warning a loud, Clack! Creak…Clack! Came from just outside the door. Kagome could feel her heart pounding harder in her chest and a cold sweat ran down her back. She looked for the closest weapon, in case she couldn't reach her arrows… A flaming stick… A fire prod… The pot itself… Her greatest concern however, was the hanyou on her lap.
 
Another, larger gust came through like an evil zephyr, the bamboo mat that served as the door came open, revealing a short cloaked figure, wielding a large knobby cane in her boney, clawed fingers, worn from centuries of use. The cape was a deep purple in velvet, long and flowing, decorated with a single large iridescent diamond as the clasp.
 
“Who are you?” Kagome demanded, trying to hide the fear in her voice. Kaede watched, frowning, but unafraid. A loud cackle came from the hooded woman.
 
“Ahh what a question… One man has asked itself for millennia, `who am I?…' ” Her voice crackled out like foreboding fire. Kagome scowled slightly in annoyance.
 
“Who are you? What do you want?” She commanded, louder and stronger this time. She seemed to think for a second.
 
“I am Bokusha… A wandering gypsy…” She hissed, She limped over to Kagome, looked to Inuyasha. “You can't keep yourself out trouble, can ye whelp?” Kagome's eyes snapped to in realization.
 
“You did this to him didn't you?!” She declared, the woman stayed silent for a moment, then sniggered lightly,
 
“I did not… you did miss… I only gave the lad what he wished for…”
 
“What was that, exactly?” Kaede inquired, interested. The old soothsayer's face lifted, revealing her gnarled, scarred face. Her skin hung off her visage, as if her skin was melting slowly and wisps of grayish hair hung like ghostly spider webs in front of her deep amethyst eyes, filled with many years of secrets and knowledge.
 
“He only wished to start once more, to begin again… I merely fulfilled his wishes with the best of my ability.” A distorted, clawed hand touched Inuyasha's currently black hair. “What better way to start over than to revisit childhood.”
 
Kagome was horrified, what did she mean that she was responsible for this?! “So he you erased his memories and made him 5-years-old?! What kind of sick and twisted logic is that?!”
 
“He didn't complain…” she smiled, showing her yellow, rotting teeth and black gums.
 
“Well of course he didn't! He couldn't remember anything!” she spat irritated.
 
“Thus the appeal…” She fizzed, “Remove your hand lass.” Kagome did as she was told, slowly, looking at the old priestess for reassurance. She nodded in quiet reply. The witch woman grasped his stomach hissing and Kagome gasped in shock as she was about to stop her. Inuyasha's hair was turning white and his ears were returning.
 
The little boy moaned in pain as his eyes fluttered open. “'Gome?” He whispered, dazed and confused.
 
Kagome held him close, “Yes, it's me!” She sighed back in relief. Inuyasha looked at the old fortuneteller inquisitively.
 
“Who're you?” He questioned.
 
Kagome looked straight at him and answered. “This is the woman who made you all tiny.” She explained.
 
“Why?” He asked Bokusha.
 
“I will tell you on the morrow lad.” And waved her arm. Inuyasha's eyes fluttered, then drooped and finally, he want limp, drifting into a dreamless slumber. Likewise had Kagome and Kaede.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Inuyasha woke with a groan and a slight sting from his abdomen. He looked where he was lying to see Kagome's snoozing form under him. He climbed off her and ambled outside to see the purple cloaked figure from the night before.
 
“Ahh, youngster, you have awakened.” The old hag croaked. He nodded and looked at her questioningly. Her aura was mysterious, constantly changing, making it hard for him to judge whether she was friend or foe.
 
“So, will ya tell me why you turned me this way now?” He questioned, trying to act nonchalant.
 
She sneered, “You wished to start over… To begin once more and so I granted your wish.”
 
“Yeah, but what if I want to go back now?” He insisted.
 
She snorted and looked back to see Kagome, “Yeah, what if we all want him back?”
 
“I shall let him be the judge of that missy.” The ancient woman put her hand on Inuyasha's head, his eyes went hazy. Suddenly, as his amber orbs came into focus, they stared at Kagome, narrowing as tears welled up in the corners. His hands balled into little fists as he bit his lip.
 
“I HATE YOU! YOU FAKE!!! YOU LIED TO ME!!” The little boy screamed, Kagome shrunk back in shame, she knew exactly what he was remembering…the fight…
 
Bokusha decided she had seen enough and put her hand back to his head. His eyes slid out of focus once more and he stumbled away, holding his head in his hands.
 
“”Whoa… I feel really weird…” He slurred, falling into Kagome's legs, trying to regain his balance. “What just happened?” Kagome had a guilty look in her eyes that he couldn't miss.
 
“'Gome…?” He murmured, as he felt this odd feeling like Kagome had done something wrong to him…
 
“Little boy, what do you choose? Do you wish to be all-grown-up once more, or do you wish to keep your youth?” Bokusha asked. He looked back and forth from Kagome to the witch woman…
 
“I-I dunno…” he stuttered. “If being big means I feel like that all the time, I'd rather be small…” he gulped. Kagome knew deep down and feared that would be his answer.
 
“So you choose to relive your childhood… it is your choice boy… I shall bid you farewell…” She hissed as she turned to limp away. Kagome rushed over to the old woman.
 
“Wait!” She called and came over to her, whispering, “What if he wants to change back, if he changes his mind?”
 
The hag smiled almost toothlessly. “There is nothing I can do… Only he can change it, only he can turn himself back…” she crackled. In a flash, she grabbed a grayish sphere from her cloak and threw it down, disappearing in a puff of bluish smoke.
 
Kagome coughed as she fanned away the smoke, wondering what in the world Bokusha meant.
 
A/N: Bokusha means fortune teller or diviner. The next chapter will be a bit of a jump. The entire thing is a flash back, so I'm warning you now. I know it will leave a few people confused. Please review!
 
Luv,
 
Fullmetal- Chibi-chan AKA InuyashaLuvsKagomeForever