InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ The Memories, The Horrors ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I in no way gain any profit from writing this story. Inuyasha and co. belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I OWN NOTHING!!!!
 
 
The Memories, The Horrors~**~**
 
“Inuyasha! This is not debatable! I NEED TO GO HOME!” She demanded, fists clenched, blood flushing in her face. He was so annoying!!!
 
“Are these tests so important to you? More important than the jewel?” He sneered, leaning forward with a conceited frown.
 
“You are so infuriating! If I don't take this test I'll be held back!” She explained, “I'll have to stay in school even longer!”
 
He keh'd and folded his arms into his sleeves. He hated when Kagome left. If anything it scared him because every second after she was gone his mind would whisper softly, `What if she doesn't come back? What if she loves some guy in her time? What if you pushed her too far?'
 
He hated the thought that she would suddenly come to her senses and realize he was a worthless hanyou, undeserving of her presence and leave forever. When he'd met her, he remembered his silent promise that he would never love again, be it friendly or more so. Every fight he caused was meant to keep her on an emotional leash, to try to separate her from him and keep her at a distance.
 
Try as he might, he just couldn't. His first slip up had been on the night of the new moon. Not only had he shared with her a secret not even his own vassal knew, but he'd cuddled up to her. He'd complimented her and asked her if he could sleep on her lap.
 
After that he'd tried to push her away again but to no avail. In that one night, she'd caught him in her grip and she wouldn't let go. Every day, she squirmed closer to his heart, breaking down the walls around him and showing him the world did have some good in it.
 
Why, oh why had the Kami chosen her to break the jewel? Why were they teasing him with such hope that she could love him? Why, for once, couldn't they have taken pity on him just this one time and not fucked with his life?
 
 
He'd decided that the Kami took special pleasure in pissing on his life and spent their extra hours of the day wondering, `What can we do to make our little Inu-kun suffer even more?' He could've just imagined the cruel ecstasy they were sent into with the suggestion of, `Why don't we make him fall in love with a girl he can never have!'
 
Yeah, well ha-ha, he thought callously, I bet you're all just shits and giggles right now, eh. “You're not going and that's final!” He stated quite simply and adamantly.
 
“You JERK!!” She yelled, “Why do I put up with you?” She asked rhetorically. “I'm going home whether you want me to or not Mr. Possessive!” She smiled internally at the use of her friends' favorite name for her over domineering hanyou. “Jeeze, I can't believe you get so jealous of a wolf.” The girl spat. Inuyasha had been in a sour mood ever since Kouga's last visit, as always.
 
“No way am I jealous of that scrawny, pathetic excuse for a demon!” He retorted resentfully, how dare she bring him into this! “You're REALLY not going home for that one!” That was it, a girl could only take so much… Kagome snapped.
 
“YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T DO! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOUR GUTS!” She screamed at the top of her lungs
“YEAH! WELL I HATE YOU TOO!” Our silver haired moron shouted back. Even his inner conscience was slapping its head in embarrassment. His silvery dog ears twitched in annoyance as it said `nice comebackloser...' sarcastically. `SHUT UP!' he yelled back mentally. His colorless hair swished in the wind along with his crimson kariginu sleeves.
“Is that the Best you can do?” she teased “Then again you shouldn't put so much strain on that puny brain of yours!” She scoffed.
“WELL AT LEAST I'm NOT A BITCH!” He shot back aggressively. This pushed her over the edge, she wouldn't put up with this! No! Before she could even think about it her had shot out and collided with his cheek with a resounding SLAP!
Inuyasha smirked as he spat out a small amount of blood, `Damn! She slaps harder than Sango!' but what came out of his mouth was different.
“HEH, you slap like a girl!” Inuyasha snorted as she glared harder and raised her fist, slamming it into his nose shrieking,
“Filthy Half-BREED! Why don't you just crawl into a corner and die!! ” Inuyasha was taken aback as he put his clawed hand to his nose trying to staunch the blood coming from his nose. Kagome couldn't believe what she had done! She slugged him in the face AND called him the name he hated most! Nevertheless, as she was about to apologize he gave her the coldest glare she had ever seen, Sesshoumaru would have been proud.
“Fine…” he said calmly as he lowered his head so she could only see his hair not knowing he only did it to stop her from seeing the tears that were welling up in his eyes, no, he wouldn't grant her the satisfaction of knowing she had made him cry. “ I understand how you feel about me now… Don't come back… I don't need you… If you hate me so much, despise my blood than I can get Kikyo to sense the shards… I don't need you, so you can stay there with your tests and that Hobo guy and have a Normal life… Forget about the feudal era! We don't need YOU!” was all he said as he stalked off.
 
WHY? Why did it hurt so? He had been called that name so many times... yet… now he felt his heart ache; he found it hard to talk but managed with an apple-sized lump in his throat.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
She turned away and walked back to the well, back to her home. Kagome slumped to her knees as she landed in her time, why did she have to say THAT! Why, why, why, WHY! SHE LOVED HIM! She knew it but he made her so mad! It was his fault!...wasn't it?
He'd started the fight! He was the one that wouldn't let her go home! Yet now she would have done anything to take back her suggestion! What was more important now… she had to wonder, was school still even a priority or was he? For the past three years she had been with him. She doubted there was a moment in the day that she didn't think about him! She curled into a ball, head in hand, sobbing. What would she do? Better yet, what COULD she do?
Meanwhile~**~**
Inuyasha sat deep in the forest named for him trying to hold back his tears of anguish.
Hate... Fear… Agony…
 
Such strong words…Yet so small… All of these things he felt, simultaneously. Such a confusion of emotions he was. All he wished for was escape… to run from it, to start over… Yes how nice it would have been to start over right then…
 
Start over…Begin once more…
Hate…How dare she call him such things when he'd protected her for so long
Fear…Did she truly hate him? By Kami, would she curse him for the rest of her days?
Agony…the woman he was so deeply in love with was just like everyone else. She had tolerated him for over thee years in spite of the fact she hated him. Half-Breed… His permanent title; No use for name, just call him half-breed…
He looked up to the night skies, wishing for an end to his suffering. Rarely did he let through his dog like instincts, or at least the most noticeable ones. However, the urge to voice his torment had been too strong to hold back. A long mournful howl of anguish erupted from his throat as he threw his head back. Sad, sweet, lamenting…Gods it felt good, just for a second…
He never noticed a dark figure creeping behind him until it said, “Boy, you truly wish to have a fresh start?” He looked back in curiosity.
“Why in seven hells do you wanna help me?” He glowered.
“I pity you boy… So I shall help you.” She cackled, stomping her cane three times. Before Inuyasha had a chance to react, his body felt as if it had spontaneously combusted, it burned everywhere. Inside and out! He felt his body begin to shrink then…Black…
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
`Mamma!' Was the first thought in his head as he awoke and burst into tears, `Why! How could they have done that to her!' He could barely understand half of what happened from how rushed everything was.
Flash back~**~**
Inuyasha looked up at his mother as he felt her shaking him awake. “Honey! Please wake up! Hurry!” she pleaded. Inuyasha rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Izayoi was in her usual night wear, a white silk yukata. He face, aura and scent were all distraught. she shoved two pouches into his kariginu. One of food, the other of money. Inuyasha was in shock, what the hell was happening?
“Inuyasha!” she demanded his attention, “I want you to listen and listen well!” she smiled, just a second as she saw his puppy ears face her attentively. He could hear her quick heart beat, outside he heard fire? Angry shouts and curses were faint but noticeable. He could feel the fear creep into him.
“You WILLdo as I say! I want you to go out the back and run! Run as fast and as far as you can go without stopping!” He gulped and nodded in fear. Never had she spoken to him like this! She'd never gotten this passionate about something. Not even when he disobeyed her and climbed the tree out back, or tormented the Koi fish, or not done his lessons!
“Please! Don't come back! EVER!” His breath hitched as he felt the tears come. He was so confused, this was all so fast! “Please promise me that you won't let this world defeat you! Keep going no matter what! Never, EVER give up!” He nodded hastily.
“But, mamma! I don't wanna go! Please! I promise I'll be a good boy! I'll do all my lessons! Please I'll be better!!!” He pleaded hopelessly
She pulled him into a crushing embrace, knowing this would be the last time she held her son in her arms. She kissed his cheek whispering, “Inuyasha, we have no choice, this is not your fault… I never told you before but you have a brother in the west. Only seek him if everyone, even the gods themselves have forsaken you and you have no other choice!” His little mind was in too much shock, but still stored the information as best it could.
CRASH!!! The enchanted shoji that protected them with a guard sutra gave way and she pulled him away from her bosom. As the castle dwellers descended on them she yelled, “The left! The black pearl!” Inuyasha did as instinct told him and ran. Behind him he heard the most horrible sound he'd ever hear, His mother's shrieks.
It paralyzed him. He had no idea how long he stood there in the forest surrounding his former home. He was finally persuaded to move as a horrible stench filled his hyper-sensitive nose. Only as an adult would he place it as the scent of seminal fluids all over his mother. He knew his mother was in pain, he knew he had to do something despite his better instincts.
He ran into the hut to see her unclothed on the floor, crying, a man on top of her. Inuyasha flew at the man, biting and scratching him with all his strength. The man cried in pain and backed off. Inuyasha screamed as he saw one man grab his katana and grin evilly at him, “Die, you demons whore!” And in one quick slice, her head rolled. Inuyasha saw the warm crimson liquid pour from her neck as her head rolled to the side. He collapsed in horror, shock, anger, confusion… so many emotions.
The man and his comrades grabbed Inuyasha by the scruff of his kariginu, he put up no fight. His eyes were dull and lifeless, his mother was dead… Oblivious to the fact they had bound his arms and legs to a large tree, upside down. He only began to notice once they had opened his shirts and grabbed the stoke for the fire, letting it turn red hot. He braced himself as they swung hard, burning and beating him as harshly as they could screaming out cries of “Half-Breed, Abomination, Hell spawn,” and more.
No, he would never forget, never forget their cruel faces and the sadistic pleasure that was plastered on their faces as he screamed in agony. How he hated the scent of burning flesh, and blood.
His eyes grew dull again, drowning out the pain. Finally they stopped and left. Left him to starve and die on this tree. They'd robbed him of the little food and money his mother had shoved into his kariginu, only leaving his mothers shell.
He cut the ropes around his wrists as quickly as he could, fearing another beating. He hissed as pain took over his abdomen while trying to reach his ankles above him, slicing the ropes. He fell hard on his back, knocking all the air from his lungs. He debated on his next actions as he caught his breath
He wandered in a pained stupor until he saw his mother's carcass. So cold, so lifeless… He swallowed hard as he wrapped her in her yukata, wrapping her head in as well, trying not to look into the endless depths of her dead eyes. He dug his teeth into his bottom lip to keep himself from crying out in despair. He tasted the warm coppery blood as it flowed from his lip, but he didn't mind it much. No the real pain he had was in his heart, the physical hurt was much better than this one in his mind that consumed him.
Had it not been for his demonic strength he could not have done it, but he dragged her away. Farther than he'd ever been from the castle He had no idea how long he'd been walking. Meters? Miles? He seemed to be on auto pilot, like someone else was in control of his body, and he was just here for the ride.
Only when he figured he was at a safe distance, he chose a hill and dug his mother's grave as best a five year old could. He dug until his fingers bled and his nails broke, taking out his frustration on the earth before him. Placing her in, he pulled a seed from his robe. His mother's favorite tree, a Sakura. He'd found it earlier that day and It was to be her present, but he'd forgotten. He buried it with her, hoping it would one day bloom and be a memorial to his mothers own beauty.
Only in the nighttime hours afterward, as dawn began to arrive, everything began to sink in. he laid down on that bare, grassy hill, looking up at the patches of stars, fading in the morning light. Dark stormy clouds hovered around for miles, almost as if in mourning for the loss of such a beautiful soul. The rain came down, soaking him, but he didn't mind. He barely blinked as the water came down upon his eyes, mixing with his own tears.
He was alone… completely and utterly alone… Inuyasha decided in that moment that he would keep his promise. He would never let the world beat him. He would survive, persevere, and thrive in this brutal world, some how he would make it. Such a daunting task awaited him. He reached a clawed hand up to the skies, catching heavens tears.
`But how? What will I do? Where do I go?' Were the last thoughts on his mind before he sunk into the only color that brought him comfort…
Flash back end~**~**
Somehow, he had awakened far from his mother's grave. He didn't know how long he'd been out but looked around. It all seemed strangely familiar, yet foreign. Inuyasha looked at his surroundings. Thick, beautiful forest surrounded him, unfamiliar scents were constantly being recognized and categorized in his little mind as he explored. His ears swiveled in all directions, trying to sift through all of the different sounds.
One such smell he recognized was that of water… hot water! He hurried to the springs. Luck was on his side. Though it burned his throat, he lapped up the mineral water with vigor. Suddenly, a chill ran through his spine, but only for a moment and he went back to drinking.
The scent of a powerful taiyoukai filled his nostrils. `Inu!' His instincts screamed. But somehow, there was a part of its scent he didn't recognize at all. He looked in all directions, ears adjusting every which way, catching every possible sound. Though a curse and cute, they were built for precision hearing. Unlike his father and Sesshoumaru, they could move and worked even better than theirs, even if it was only by a little bit.
An elegant figure seemed to glide from out of the bushes. He was the perfect picture of a respectable lord. Even more so! He was tall, beautiful, calm, yet his eyes were cruel and cold. A whip of lightning struck out from his fingers. Inuyasha tried to dodge, but his fatigue had slowed him down and the whip struck his arm. He cried out in pain.
The tall figure looked at him in confusion, “Inuyasha?” It asked curiously, yet coldly, then `Humphed' and turned away, “You're not even worth the effort.” leaving his younger brother alone and completely baffled. Inuyasha looked down at his wound and shook it off, or tried to, when he suddenly felt dizzy. His face was abruptly becoming hot. As he fell to the ground he realized too late what the scent had been…Poison.
A/N: I know this chapter is kind of confusing, but hopefully you understand it. This is a sort of explanatory chapter. It will still be a while till he's back to normal though. He he, I like having fun with little Inu! Chapter art is where is always is. Review or E-mail me if you have any problems. Please review!
 
Luv!
 
Fullmetal-Chibi-Chan AKA Inuyasha_Luvs_Kagome_Forever