InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to Start ❯ Chaos! ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chaos!~**~**
 
Inuyasha watched as the students pushed and shoved through the doors, all heading to the same place. They were like cows, just one big cloud of herded cows! Had he been in his humanoid form, he would have resisted the urge to moo.
 
Kagome was eternally grateful to her mom for packing her a bento box. Both headed for the cafeteria. It was a large room filled with fold up tables. The school, thanks to generous donations, had gotten new ones in the last five years. Kagome headed for a table near the entrance, trying to be as obscure as possible.
 
The puppy boy jumped onto a chair next to her, looking at her bento with hungry eyes. Kagome sighed and turned to him, seeing his gaze. “Okay, I split this with you. I have to go grab a plate for you, but while I'm gone, don't move an inch. I mean it! Don't leave this seat.” She emphasized her point using hand signs.
 
He merely smiled doggishly. Kagome got up and jogged into the serving part of the building. Inuyasha however, waited until her back was turned and jumped off the seat, discretely heading for the condiment bar, a sly grin upon his face.
 
By the time Kagome was back, he was sitting obediently in his seat, wagging his curled tail. She hurried and sat, pouring half of her bento onto a plate for him. “Here.” She smiled, oblivious to his naughtiness.
 
As they ate, she felt a certain twinge on her back. Like someone was watching her. She looked behind her, only to see her former friends glaring at her from a table across the room. Kagome shuddered and went back to eating, wishing she was anywhere but there. Inuyasha nearly inhaled his portion. His little demon-kid metabolism was horrible in the fact he got really hungry all the time.
 
Inuyasha fidgeted in his seat, looking all over. “Inuyasha, do you need to use the bathroom?” Looking up from what was left of her food she asked, seeing him suddenly look anxious. He gave an emphatic nod. “C'mon, I'll take you.” She sighed as she grabbed her backpack and packed up her now empty lunch.
 
Kagome ushered him into the girl's room, and made sure no one else was present. Inuyasha transformed on the spot back into his child form. “Inuyasha, you can stay like this only when we're in here.” Kagome set down her bag by the sinks and headed into a stall.
 
Inuyasha smiled and headed into one too. He quickly did his business, and went into Kagome's bag. He smiled wickedly, grabbing some little white packets from the front pocket. He had no idea what `Ketchup' was, but from what he heard in the language arts class, it was messy. Curiously, he tore one open, the red tomato goo oozing out. He tasted it cautiously, putting a finger in his mouth. It was salty and tangy and smelled a bit. He smiled… This would be great…
 
Kagome came out to see the little demon smiling conspicuously inconspicuously. She raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. “Did you wash your hands?” She asked. He nodded yes and showed her his hands. Though it was kind of pointless for him to wash them, being that he would be walking on them anyway.
 
As the door swung open, Inuyasha reverted back into his quadruped shape. Three girls entered, and who else were they, but Eri, Yuka, Ayumi and some other girl. “Well, well, if it isn't Kagome. What's with the mutt?” Eri sneered.
 
“I need him for today.” Kagome said half-heartedly, she knew she'd over-reacted at bit with them, but it was the principle of the matter of what they did that mattered. They'd left a little boy alone in a place packed with people. He was almost stolen. Who knows what they could have done to him?!
 
“So, where's the brat?” Yuka added.
 
“Safe at his house.” She lied. “I have to go…” Kagome was trying to cut off the awkward conversation and made a swift exit.
 
As she left, someone followed her out. “Hey, Kagome, wait up.” Ayumi called.
 
Kagome stopped and turned to her. To her surprise, she looked sympathetic. “What is it Ayumi?”
 
“I'm sorry for letting Inu-chan get hurt. I shouldn't have let Eri have complete control, but you know what she's like when she doesn't get what she wants.” The wavy haired girl apologized. “If that was my little cousin or brother, I would have been furious too.”
 
Kagome was floored; apparently, she didn't have completely horrible choice in friends. “I'm sorry I blew up at you all like that. I was just really stressed. I'm sorry it all came out at you guys. Can we still be…sort of friends?” She asked meekly.
 
Ayumi flashed her a bright smile. “Of course!”
 
“Cool!” Kagome grinned back, “So, who's the other girl?”
 
Ayumi frowned slightly. “Oh, that's Kimi. She-”
 
“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! WHAT THE-”A sudden choir of high pitched screams came from inside the girls bathroom. Every head in the cafeteria turned to the girls' room. Kagome, Inuyasha and Ayumi dashed into the bathroom. Eri, Yuka and the other girl, Kimi were still locked in their stalls and refusing to come out.
 
“What's wrong?” Ayumi and Kagome asked in unison.
 
“Who the hell does this?!” Eri screeched painfully.
 
“Does what?” Ayumi replied.
 
“Makes squishies or whatever they're called!” Eri moaned.
 
Kagome and Eri shared a look of confusion. “What's a `squishy?'”
 
As they were talking, more girls began to pour into the restroom. A tall girl behind them answered them. “Isn't that when someone puts ketchup under the seat and when someone sits on it, it squirts into their pants?”
 
“Yeah,” another girl said, “I heard a bunch of guys in my first period talking about it! I bet it was them! They must have snuck into the girls' room and done this!”
 
As Kagome heard all this her eyes widened. The girl talking about the guys was in her first period too. How could this have happened to them? Inuyasha had been in the stall that Yuka was in and no one else had been in other than her, Inuyasha and the other girls.
 
Then in dawned on her, she looked down at Inuyasha, who looked like very happy and sneaky. The first though on her mind was `How?!'
 
A teacher pushed her way through the crowd and began shooing the spectators away. Ayumi and Kagome were more than happy to leave. They didn't want to get blamed.
 
As they walked back to their tables, before they parted, they looked at each other and finally burst out laughing.
 
“Kagome did you do it?” She asked, as she tried to regain her composure.
 
“No way, I don't even know how to do something like that.” She sniggered.
 
“Well, remind me to thank the person who did that.” Ayumi grinned. “See tomorrow Kagome!”
 
Kagome gave her a kind wave goodbye and right before the bell rang, she shared a look with Inuyasha, “You are in so much trouble, but that was great.”
 
He sweat-dropped and chuckled as only he could.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
Kagome walked into the art room with a smile. She loved this class and today they would be painting a portrait of their closest people from memory and how they view them. Though she wasn't the best at painting, she wasn't the worst.
 
She grabbed a pallet, smock and brushes and found an empty easel. Kagome already knew what she going to go, though it was a bit daunting. She knew he'd be the hardest, his eyes especially, how serious and protective they were, yet kind and curious.
 
With light colors she began outlining his sharp features and hair, then worked on the other three. Sure, she had to tweak them a bit, especially Shippo's ears. She decided to keep Inuyasha's ears, being that they were an important part of him, his curse and blessing.
 
Little Inuyasha watched her begin to paint him, or at least older him. The guilt began to creep back. The look on her face as she painted, concentrated and happy, lost in thought and memory of his older persona. She really missed his older self, didn't she, he thought feeling selfish with his decision to stay little.
 
Kagome realized she was being stared at and looked back at the dog by her. “You wanna help me?” She asked. Inuyasha nodded and Kagome picked him up, setting her pallet on her chair and holding him over it.
 
He dipped his paws in a deep purple color and a turquoise blue and placed his paws in the two lower corners, away from her picture of the others.
 
Kagome smiled and set him down. “Perfect!” She said as she finished the last facial features of Sango and Miroku. It was less than perfect and a bit sloppy, but she was proud of her own work.
 
“Very creative… Who are they? Why did you draw them like that?” Her art teacher asked, as Kagome wiped her hands on her stained smock and pulled it off.
 
“They're my closest friends. I painted them how I see them; a loyal warrior who watches over us, but an outcast, a true hypocrite, though smart and trustworthy in a pinch, a determined and empathetic girlfriend, and a cute little troublemaker.” She explained, pointing to each person.
 
“And the paws?”
 
“His contribution.” She pointed to the puppy beside her.
 
“Cute!” The teacher smiled.
 
The bell rang and everyone was excused, though Kagome didn't leave without signing her work.
 
`Last period! We can do this!' Kagome willed herself as she walked over to her calculus class.
 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
 
`No… We can't….' She sighed internally as her eyes drooped and back slouched. Really, when the hell would she use this in life? She was envious of Inuyasha, who was once again, sleeping at her feet.
 
She began doodling on her graph paper, smiling slightly at the memory of coming over to the class.
 
FlashBack~**~**
 
As they headed for the math class, which was a straight shot from the art room, Inuyasha saw him from the corner of his eye. Hojou…
 
He immediately adopted a mischievous demeanor and bolted over behind the annoyingly nice teenage boy. Kagome, seeing Inuyasha bolt, was obligated to give chase.
 
“Inuyasha! Get back here!” She yelled, seeing him slow down behind Hojou.
 
Time seemed to slow, Hojou was just walking innocently down the hall, when suddenly, a large puppy jumped from behind him, biting his pants, near the top of the thigh.
 
Before the poor guy knew it, his pants were on the floor, dog still attached and he was standing there, white legs and tighty-whiteys in plain view. There was a huge burst of laughter that was only made louder by the halls acoustics.
 
Hojou turned an unhealthy red and clumsily tried to pull his pants up and regain some semblance of dignity, but nothing doing. He got them half-way up, then his belt slipped from his hands and it fell again. Kagome, by now was nearly choking due to her laughter and Inuyasha had already escaped from view behind her legs.
 
Realizing they might be late, she got back on track and hurried to her next class.
 
End FlashBack~**~**
 
As the last bell rang, Kagome thanked every higher power she could think of and hurried home, Inuyasha in tow. She vowed, never again, never AGAIN would Inuyasha come to school with her.
 
A/N: Sorry I made you wait so long, I couldn't find a stupid flash drive, so it was stuck on the only internet-less computer in the house…. Yeah, my bad… Yay! Chapter art is where it always is, so check it out if you've got the time.
Chibi-Chan!