InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Backfire ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

I do not own Inuyasha and Company, no matter how happy it would make me. Rumiko Takahashi does.
Written for IyIssekiwa's Link Drabble challenge.
 
 
It hadn't gone the way she'd hoped.
 
Kikyo called him with her soul collectors and as soon as he was close she cast a spell that linked them together for twenty-four hours. She was certain that would be long enough. He'd been desperately in love with her before and just needed reminding. By the time it wore off he would be hers again like he was meant to be.
 
He wasn't angry. He missed her and this was a chance for him to get close to her again. The longer they were together though the clearer things became. Every word she spoke reminded him of their past together and how things really were before she died and he put her memory on a pedestal.
 
Never before had the two women seemed so different in his eyes. Kikyo despised his demon half and thought herself better than everyone else. Kagome never talked down to him, never tried to change him. Kagome was warm and accepting, not cold and condescending.
 
Kagome stumbled upon them just minutes too soon and Kikyo smirked at her. He was hers now… or so she thought. As soon as he was free he was beside Kagome, pulling her into his arms. He knew what he wanted now, knew who he loved, and it wasn't Kikyo. The dead priestess stared at them in shock as he buried his face in Kagome's hair and then kissed her passionately.
 
No, it hadn't gone the way she'd hoped at all.