InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Influences ❯ Bad Influence # Seventeen: Fooling Around ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I'm wondering if there are any guys reading this fic… 200 Reviews!! SWEET!!! Thank you ALL SO MUCH! T_T I never thought this fic would be THIS popular! One hundred more and it'll be 300! SPARTA!!!
 
Anyway, after writing that last chapter, I was thrown into a loop! I had NO IDEA what to write next! But, playing a round of Final Fantasy 8, Tales of the Abyss, and a few chapters for Nightwalker fixed all that. Ah, RPGs, my medical cure for writer's block.
 
I think you might be happy with this chapter. ^_^ At least I hope you like it…
 
 
 
 
Bad Influence # 17: Fooling Around
 
 
 
 
“You know, you are getting a little better at this.” Inuyasha said as he peeked over the work she had been doing for the past few minutes.
 
Kagome looked up at him, smiled at the rare and totally “Inuyasha-like” complement before she went back to her paper. “I am a fast learner, but math is well…”
 
“Not your strong point?” Inuyasha finished for her.
 
“Yeah. Math finals are the ones I worry about most.” Kagome sighed, erasing another simple mistake that Inuyasha had been so keen to point out. He said nothing as she went back to her task, looking over every now and then for mistakes. Finals were next week, and then it was summer vacation. If finals dragged on too long like they did last time, Kagome felt like she would go out of her mind!
 
She stole a glance at Inuyasha as he leaned his head in his chair, staring at the ceiling. It was now routine for him to help her study during free period, especially since he had no worries about finals. Kagome went back to her papers, trying to keep herself in her studies, away from the bitter argument she had with him yesterday. It figures that her insistence would lead to a fight. That unfortunate happening had caused her to skip dinner that night.
 
Kagome remembered that she had been staring at her ceiling. Her mother had called for her to come down, but she hadn't felt much like going. She had been in a slightly disgruntled mood and was afraid she'd snap at her family if she went to dinner. It had started as such a good day too.
 
So what if he didn't want to tell her. Kagome had cursed. It wasn't like it was any of her business. She was never that nosy to begin with, but for the first time, Kagome wanted to know. That was why she persistently asked when he tried to cut off the subject. There had to be something that kept him from going to the hospital. Kagome reflected about the nurse's story. She had thought that Inuyasha had gotten weak because of what happened to Souta, but it had to be more complex. He even paled when she offered to take him to see her brother.
 
Maybe it had something to do with his mother. Kagome peeked at him. He did say that his mother died a long time ago. Maybe hospitals gave him bad memories. Come to think of it, Kagome sat up; she remembered that he barely mentioned his family. There was the briefest of moments when he spoke of a brother, with much disdain. He only said something about his father once.
 
Kagome sighed, staring at his shoulder. She was slowly realizing that Inuyasha never really spoke about himself. He didn't seem to speak of his past often, nor of his family. Of course, they only started being friends a short while ago; it wasn't like she would expect him to open up so quickly.
 
But why did it have to turn into a fight, Kagome scowled. Maybe she shouldn't have kept pestering him about his reasons. He didn't have to be such a dummy about it. She growled. He didn't have to yell like that. She'd never seen him so defensive. The air had been so heavy afterward that she had quickly apologized and left the apartment before her anger had gotten the better of her. She had been slightly nervous to see him the next day, but, luckily, he pretended that nothing happened and she did the same. It was better not to hold on to a stupid argument, she figured.
 
“Having problems?” Inuyasha leaned over to look at her work, thinking that her snarl was an exclamation of frustration.
 
“No. Not yet, anyway.” Kagome leaned back, stretching her arms over her head. Despite the fact that Inuyasha did not want to tell her about why he was so uncomfortable with hospitals, she was feeling a bit annoyed. She knew that she shouldn't pry, but she couldn't help feeling disappointed that he did not tell her, even more upset that her inquisitiveness caused him to get angry and pick a fight with her.
 
“There's just not enough hours in a day.” Kagome sighed, trying again to ignore her irate thoughts.
 
“Can't get enough studying done huh?” Inuyasha raised a brow.
 
“Yes. I just want finals to be over. I can't wait till summer.” Kagome huffed.
 
“Any plans?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Besides taking summer preparatory classes for college, nothing. I am planning on working during the summer.” Kagome said as she glared at her math assignment. “What about you?”
 
Inuyasha blew his bangs from his eyes. “Nope, nothings really. I guess I'll just go impromptu like I always do.”
 
“Hopefully I'll survive finals to get to summer.” Kagome mumbled gloomily.
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes. “Please, you won't have a problem at all. Bet you'll come out number one like always. Enough with the false modesty, it's annoying.”
 
“Oh well sorry for worrying.” Kagome bit out before sinking in her seat. “If only there was a way to get my math studying done! If only free period was longer.” Kagome placed her chin on the desk.
 
“If you're that bad at math, maybe get yourself a private tutor.” Inuyasha offered.
 
Kagome glared at him. “Isn't helping me your job?”
 
“It's not like I can really help you outside of school.” Kagome gave him a long stare. Then, a coy smile spread across her face and Inuyasha immediately knew what was running through her mind. “No.” He said right away. Kagome placed her hands together, pouting sweetly.
 
“Please! You can come over to my house tonight and get some of my mom's famous steak.” She grinned.
 
He waved his arm, clicking his teeth. “Bribing me with food is not going to work this time. Besides, I have work.”
 
“Then come afterward. Please?”
 
“I get off at nine.” He said plainly.
 
“When are you free?”
 
“Sometime after Christmas.” He said sarcastically.
 
“I'm being serious, Inuyasha.” Kagome frowned, lightly hitting him on the arm. “Why are you so reluctant to teach me?”
 
He sighed. “You're not going to let this go are you?”
 
“Nope.” Kagome smiled.
 
Inuyasha growled. He seemed beaten and placed his cheek against his desk, breathing in loudly. “I am so sick of being everybody's math teacher. It's not even that hard. Just memorize a few formulas and you're done.”
 
“You make it sound so easy.” Kagome placed her chin in her hand.
 
Inuyasha sat back up. “That's because it is.”
 
Kagome shook her head, sardonically. “Maybe for you. When don't you have work?”
“If I come over tonight and help you, will you let it go?” He offered.
 
“Just one study session?” Kagome frowned again.
 
“Yes, and I'll write down notes for whatever you don't understand in simple terms. Just don't ask for anymore tutoring or my brain is going to implode!”
 
Kagome smirked. “You have a brain, Inuyasha?”
 
He gave her a bitter glower. “That's it! I'm not helping you!” He growled, throwing his arms into the air.
 
“I was kidding!” She said quickly, waving her palms nervously.
 
“No, I'm not changing my mind.” He crossed his arms.
 
“Oh come on.” Kagome huffed, glaring at him. When he didn't change his expression, she breathed in tiredly. “Fine, I'm sorry I called you brainless.”
 
“Oh, that makes me feel a whole lot better.” He narrowed his eyes.
 
“Don't give me that look! I apologized didn't I?” Kagome wrinkled her nose, returning his glare full force.
 
“This is no time for a lover's quarrel you two.” Sango interrupted from her seat. She'd been so quiet in her studying for the past few minutes that the pair of them had forgotten she was there. Kagome tore her eyes away from Inuyasha, snapping, pink-faced, at her best friend.
 
“Will you stop that?” She asked Sango tiredly.
 
Sango looked up from the book she had been reviewing. “I had to find some way to keep you two from arguing. Every five minutes you two are going at each other like a pair of five year olds. It's staring to get annoying and it makes studying rather difficult.” She gave them a disapproving expression.
 
Fidgeting nervously, Kagome said, “I'm sorry. You're right.”
 
When Kagome and Sango looked at Inuyasha expectantly, he shrugged and said, “Keh, it's not my problem that Kagome keeps picking a fight.”
 
The irritation came back, this time more violently then the last. “Me?” Kagome ground out, shocked. “You're the one that got all defensive when I said you were brainless.”
 
“That is it!” Sango stood from her chair, gathering her things. “I'm going to find someplace quiet to study! Hopefully you two will gain a greater sense of maturity by the time I get back!” She stomped off, muttering under her breath.
 
“Look what you did, Inuyasha.” Kagome pushed his shoulder softly as she watched Sango walk off with a frown.
 
He clicked his teeth. “Oh yeah sure, like you didn't play a role in driving her off.”
 
Kagome opened her mouth to reply but then bit her tongue in defeat, knowing that he was right. She heaved a sigh and went back to her papers. A full twenty minutes of silence passed between them after that. Luckily for Kagome, as she looked up around the classroom, the rest of the students were busy cramming, so no one paid attention to their little brawl. She didn't need another heaping of gossip. Even after Yoko stopped spreading rumors, it seemed that she and Inuyasha remained the center for conversation most of the time. At least it didn't lead to any more physical abuse, and the talking wasn't as heavy as it was before which meant that Kagome didn't have to worry about teachers interfering.
 
“So what time should I be at your place?” Inuyasha said suddenly.
 
Kagome peered at him, a surprised look on her face. What made him change his mind? A moment ago he had completely refused and she was guessing that he was stubborn enough to stay true to his word. “I thought you didn't want to help me?” She replied.
 
He shrugged. “I might as well get it over with. Besides, I already decided to skip work to help you today.”
 
Kagome blinked and then smiled. “Thanks.”
 
“So when should I come over?”
 
“Think we can start right after school? I don't have track today anyway.”
 
“Fine. Don't forget you owe me stake.” He smirked.
 
“I thought you said bribing you with food isn't going to work this time?” Kagome raised an eyebrow.
 
“Hey, you gave me the offer and I won't help you without it.” Came his witty reply. She should've expected as much. The day didn't last as long as she expected. Kagome had to remind Inuyasha to wait for her after free period was over, remembering that he did not have two classes at the end of the day.
 
“It would be a lot faster if we just took my car.” Inuyasha complained when she began walking down the street. She refused to let him drive her home, still untrusting of his driving capabilities, and turned to strut down the street with the intention of going home. Grumbling, he had rushed after her when she left him behind, crossing his arms as he paced a little behind her.
 
“It's only twenty minutes away by foot. It's not like it's on the other side of the country.” Kagome huffed when he continued muttering under his breath.
 
“Yeah, but that twenty minutes is on your study time.” He grouched behind her.
 
Kagome spared him a glance over his shoulder. “At least you won't have to worry about gas. Plus, it will be twenty minutes longer till you meet my mom again.”
 
Inuyasha frowned. “Are you still worried about me seeing your family? Gee, I see how ashamed you are of me.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “Actually, I thought I'd let you know that my mom knows about how you helped Souta.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes widened and his mouth opened slowly. “You told her?” He gaped.
 
“Well, she deserved to know.” Kagome frowned guiltily, not liking his reaction. She thought he would be pleased and besides, Mama had to know who helped her son.
 
He turned suddenly. “That's it! I'm leaving, I never should have agreed to this!” He growled.
 
“Oh no you don't!” Kagome grabbed him by the back of his collar. “C'mon, all she's going to do is thank you.”
 
Inuyasha looked at her over his shoulder, his eyes narrowed. “Yeah, but she'll probably get all emotional like you did. I can't stand it when women cry.”
 
“Please, Inuyasha?” Kagome made a pout. He gave her a long look before sighing in defeat.
 
“Fine.” He huffed and Kagome beamed. He could feel his cheeks filling.
 
Reluctantly, he followed her to her home, secretly thankful that they hadn't taken their car after all. He wasn't looking forward to this; that was for sure. Kagome had tackled him to the ground and smothered him with an embarrassing “thank you” when she found out. He hated to imagine how her mother would react. It wasn't even that big of a deal. All he did was tell the hospital who the kid's sister was and where to find her; it wasn't like he was the one that pulled him out of the road. He counted the moments on the street and, unfortunately, by the time they he had gotten to a hundred, they were already in front of Kagome's house. Inuyasha cringed and Kagome noticed it.
 
“All she's going to do is thank you. You don't have to look like you're going to the dentist.” She tried reassuring him.
 
“What the hell? What kind of analogy is that?” He glared at her. “That didn't help me at all.”
 
“So much for trying to cheer you up.” Kagome placed her hands on her hips before gesturing him to follow her into the house. He stayed put. Losing her patience, Kagome grabbed him by the wrist. “Come on, the sooner you get this over with, the better right?” She dragged him into the house. He was pulling back.
 
“No! I don't want to go!” He scowled.
 
“Stop acting like a four year old!” Kagome scolded him.
 
“No! I'm not going! I changed my mind!” He tugged his hand away from her.
 
Getting annoyed, Kagome grabbed his hand by both of hers, pulling him back with all her strength. “Don't be such a wimp!” She huffed.
 
“Let go, damn it!” He hissed.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome growled, heaving him toward the door.
 
“What is this, tug of war? I said let go!” He pulled back.
 
“Kagome? Is that you?” Kagome let go of Inuyasha's palm so fast that he fell to the floor with a thud, cursing. She turned to try and help him stand, apologizing quickly just as Mrs. Higurashi came around the house holding a laundry basket.
 
“My god! Why is it that whenever I'm near you I wing up either fall on my ass or my head?” Inuyasha heaved, rubbing his behind.
 
“I'm so sorry! I was startled that's all.” Kagome cried.
 
“Yeah, startled.” He replied. “At least you didn't jump me this time.” Inuyasha said, standing.
 
“Oh my. Are you all right, Inuyasha?” Mrs. Higurashi said as she came near, putting down the laundry basket.
 
“I'm fine, Mrs. Higurashi.” He replied, sending a glare at Kagome who smiled weakly.
 
“Oh dear, you came for a visit and I don't even have my thank you dinner ready yet. You should have told me he was coming, Kagome. ”
 
“Thank you dinner?” Inuyasha repeated slowly. “You don't have to do that.”
 
“Oh no, I insist!” Mrs. Higurashi smiled. “How else can I show my gratitude to Souta's savoir?”
 
Was it Kagome's imagination or did Inuyasha just blush. “Really, Mrs. Higurashi, I didn't do anything.”
 
“Nonsense, you saved us from a lot of worrying. Once I get these clothes put away, I'll start making you your dinner.” That being said, she turned and entered the house, but not before saying over her shoulder, “I'll be super upset if you leave before dinner's ready.”
 
Inuyasha stared wide-eyed at the door that Mrs. Higurashi had just walked through. Kagome came up to him, patting him on the back to get his attention. He gave her a bewildered expression. “Not so bad was it?” She smirked.
 
“Did I mention how much I loved your Mom?”
 
()()()()()()()
 
“It's not hard at all. If you memorize the circle, you can pass the test easily.” Inuyasha grumbled. They'd been studying for the past thirty minutes and he was beginning to lose his patience. Kagome seemed to be having a tough time applying formulas and tactics to her math. She would refer to the book every now and then and he was getting the idea that she was too shy to ask him questions on what she did wrong, which resulted in him constantly pointing out errors. He watched as Kagome sunk herself into solving another equation. Sighing, he walked around her room, waiting for her to get finished.
 
“I'm done.” Kagome called. He walked back to her desk, looking over her shoulder.
 
“Wrong again.” He said tiredly.
 
Kagome looked wide-eyed at her answer. “What? What did I do wrong?” She reached for her math book, flipping through the pages. Growling, Inuyasha snatched the book away from her.
 
“Hey!” Kagome glared at him, rising from her seat.
 
“You know what, this book is crap.” He said, tossing it on her bed. “I don't know why you keep looking at it when you have me here.”
 
Kagome blushed. “Well, I have to see how the equation is done in the book to see if I got it right.”
 
“Didn't you just hear me? I said that book is crap. Sit down.” Sighing, Kagome sat back down, staring at her paper. Inuyasha came up next to her and pulled the sheet and pen over to his side, where he began writing notes next to her work. Kagome's jaw dropped. What would have taken her five minutes to do, he finished in thirty seconds. She tried taking the paper back to look at it, but Inuyasha gave her a glare before returning to write on it again. When finished he handed her the paper. Now this actually made sense. Kagome thought.
 
“Try doing it that way.” Inuyasha recommended. “And if you have a problem, ask me. It pisses me off that you look at your notes every five seconds instead of asking me what you are doing wrong.”
 
“You noticed that huh?” Kagome said shyly.
 
“It was kind of hard to miss.” He replied. “Do you have an empty notebook I can borrow?”
 
Nodding, Kagome reached to open a drawer under her desk, handing him an orange notepad. Taking it, he sat down behind her desk and began jotting down notes. Kagome watched him for a few seconds before returning to retry the equation she had gotten wrong. Surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as it was the first time. Inuyasha's way of doing it made it a lot easier and before she knew it, she was finished with three problems.
 
Shortly afterward, Inuyasha rose from his seat, asking her what else her math class had to cover for the final before he sat back down again, writing more into the notebook. Going back to work, Kagome tried memorizing the unit circle he had drawn up for her. By the time she had gotten a quarter of it in her head, he came back up to her, looking over the problems she had done.
 
“Now you're getting it.” He said, nodding in approval as his eyes skimmed the paper.
 
“I hate to admit it, but you were right, that book was terrible.” Kagome said.
 
“I know. That's why I told you to forget it. Stupid thing kept skipping parts of the problems.” He muttered, handing her back the paper.
 
“Think you've got it?” He asked. “Or do you have to go for a few more?”
 
“I think I'll try a few more before going to the next set.” She replied.
 
It didn't take long for him to look over her next sheet of work, congratulating her on the mastery. Shortly afterward, they went on to do other forms of mathematical equations when Mrs. Higurashi appeared at the doorway.
 
“Studying hard?” She asked them.
 
“Too hard, I think I'm getting a headache.” Kagome smiled at her.
 
“I should be the one getting a headache, teaching you.” Inuyasha muttered under his breath.
 
“Well, I'm glad it's working out.” Mrs. Higurashi smiled. “I'm starting on dinner you two.”
 
When the time the smell of food had drifted up to Kagome's room, Inuyasha had already finished the notes he had promised her as well as helping her memorize half the final material. Kagome sighed deeply, leaning back in her chair, closing her eye. If she saw one more number, her brain was going to explode!
 
“I'm so tired.” She huffed, looking out her window. The sun was beginning to set.
 
“Do you want to take a break?” Inuyasha asked.
 
Turning her chair around to face him, she nodded. Inuyasha leaned against her bed, staring at the ceiling. He looked so sleepy. Not that she could blame him; she wanted to crawl under the sheets herself. She leaned forward in her chair, rubbing her temples. They still had half of the final material to go. Kagome was beginning to wish that dinner didn't take any longer. She was starting to get hungry, and, by the sound Inuyasha's stomach was making, so was he.
 
Inuyasha watched Kagome, cover her eyes with her palms, breathing in. He looked back down at the notebook in his hands that was now filled with every math tip and guideline he could think of for the test. She wasn't that hard to teach, after she had learned to let go of her math book and trust his abilities. He was sure that once she memorized the circle, she wouldn't have much of a problem.
 
Mrs. Higurashi knocked on the open door again. The two looked up at her tiredly. “You two look exhausted.”
 
“Is dinner ready yet?” Kagome asked lazily.
 
“I'm sorry, I need to run out and get something. Could you two wait a little while longer? I'll only be gone fifteen minutes.” Mrs. Higurashi replied.
 
Nodding to her mother, Kagome watched her leave before turning to lean forward on her desk once more.
 
Inuyasha went back to looking at down at his hands. Something fell from the notebook he had been holding. Frowning, he picked it up, only to have another piece of paper fall from the book. He brought them up to his face, a smile forming on his mouth before he laughed, standing.
 
“What's so funny, Inuyasha?” Kagome asked.
 
He looked up at her for a moment. “Hmm? Oh nothing, I was just thinking how you looked like as a kid.”
 
“Well, that's a random thought.” Kagome remarked, confusion marring her brows.
 
“Hey, did you brother ever puke on you when you were a baby?”
 
Kagome's felt her face heat up. “What?”
 
“And did you wear a green bathing suit to your first swimming lesson?”
 
Kagome's face turned a cute shade of pink. “How did you know about that?” She got her answer when Inuyasha looked down at the two photos in his hand, chuckling.
 
“AHH!” Kagome jumped up from her chair, trying to snatch the pictures away from him. He laughed, holding them over his head, watching her jump up and down to make a grab for them.
 
“This is not funny, Inuyasha, give me those!” Kagome yelled indigently.
 
“Not a chance. Think I'll plaster these all over the Internet.”
 
Kagome's jaw dropped and she stopped trying to snatch the pictures. “You wouldn't dare.” She glared.
 
“Try me.” He smiled.
 
Kagome growled and pushed him. When he fell on her mattress, she made a dive for the pictures but only got a handful of air because Inuyasha had rolled off to the side and ran to the door.
 
“You want them? Come and get them!” He laughed as he ran out into the hall, with an enraged Kagome hot on his tail. He jumped over the stairs before running into the living room, putting the small table between them. When Kagome caught up to him, he was fanning himself with her photos.
 
“Give. Me. Those.” She hissed, pointing at him.
 
“Make me.”
 
Kagome jumped over the table, reaching for the photos but Inuyasha had already run to the side and into the kitchen before running back up the stairs. Regaining her footing, Kagome ran after him. “Get back here, you jerk!” She yelled as she chase him up the stairs.
 
“I'm going to kill you when I catch you!”
 
“You'll have to catch me to kill me!” He laughed as he entered the hall.
 
“Give me those photos!” She yelled when he ran into her room. Charging at the door, Kagome pointed threateningly at him when she entered her room. “No where to run now!”
 
“Really? I could just jump out your window.” He smirked.
 
Before Inuyasha could say another thing, Kagome had run up to him and jumped high enough to grab the pictures. Sensing her assault, Inuyasha pulled his hand out the way and she managed to get a hold of his wrist instead, but the force of her jump had pushed him. He began reeling backward and Kagome, having lost her balance, fell with him.
 
They landed on her bed with a thump. When Kagome wasn't dizzy enough to think, she opened her eyes, rubbing her forehead. Inuyasha groaned from underneath her. She looked at him; he was rubbing his head, the photos clenched in the other hand. Kagome reached up to take them again, but Inuyasha pulled them away from her grasp.
 
“That's it! You're a jinx Kagome.” He growled.
 
“What? You think this is my fault?” Kagome retorted.
 
“Yes, it's your fault! You pushed me!”
 
“I did not!”
 
“Oh and falling on your bed was an accident then?” He narrowed his eyes.
 
“Just shut up and give me those photos!” She reached up to pry them from his hand only to have him pin her back down on him with his other hand.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome growled.
 
“You're not getting these until you apologize.”
 
“You want me to apologize! You were the one teasing me! I should say you owe me an apology!”
 
“Hey I was just having fun.” Inuyasha shrugged.
 
“Oh, making fun of me is fun?” Kagome barked.
 
“Yes.” Inuyasha said sheepishly.
 
“How is it fun?”
 
“I like watching you get mad. Plus when I make fun of you, it gets us into funny situations that make you even more fun to watch.”
 
Kagome raised her brows, clicking her teeth. “Like what?”
 
“Kind of like this.” He replied.
 
“What do you mean?” Kagome challenged.
 
“Haven't you realized?”
 
Kagome blinked, actually paying attention to where she was, or rather whom she was lying on top of. It was a new record. Inuyasha was at the point of crying in laughter at how red her face had gotten. She was so stunned that she stopped moving. Getting worried, Inuyasha waved his hand in front of her face. “Kagome? Hello?”
 
At the sound of his voice she came back to life, jumping off of him and scampering across the room till her back hit the opposite wall. Inuyasha didn't move from his position on her bed, staring at the ceiling and laughing. It was too much fun to tease her. I'll never get tired of that, he thought with a grin. “You're hilarious, you know that?” He chuckled.
 
“Shut up! It's not funny and get off my bed!” Kagome cried from across the room.
 
“Oh man, I'll never get over this one.” He chuckled and didn't move like she ordered him to.
 
“Get off my bed!” Kagome repeated, but he didn't hear her.
 
“Your face, it was priceless!” He heaved, trying to breath, holding his middle.
 
Kagome came forward and swiped the photographs he was still holding. “Okay, enough laughing!”
 
Inuyasha grinned and sat up. “Well, my head has cleared.” He said.
 
“What?” Kagome frowned, perplexed.
 
“I feel refreshed and ready to go back to studying. Don't you feel better Kagome?”
 
Kagome opened her mouth to say no when she realized that her headache from studying math earlier had gone. Running around the house seemed to have revitalized her. “Okay, I admit that I feel a bit better, but you don't have to make fun of me.” She admitted.
 
“Hey, I get great results making run of you.” He smirked.
 
“Like what? And didn't I tell you to get off my bed?” Kagome growled.
 
Inuyasha gave her a cocky smile before lying down on his back. “But I like your bed. It's so soft and fluffy…like a marsh-mellow. Speaking of which, when will dinner be ready, I'm starving.”
 
“Can you wait a few more minutes dear?”
 
Inuyasha bolted upright, his eyes wide as he stared at the door, his face burning as Mrs. Higurashi stood there. He bit his lip. That came out wrong. He knew he had a big mouth and this was one of those times that he regretted it. The last thing he needed was to come off being rude to a friend's parent. Not to mention that he was lying on her daughter's bed, speaking about how comfortable it was. Inuyasha's face became hotter.
 
“Y-yes, I can wait a bit more. I'm sorry for being so impatient!” Inuyasha stuttered. Why did Mrs. Higurashi make him so nervous?
 
“Oh you don't need to be so modest. Dinner will be ready soon.” Smiling, Mrs. Higurashi disappeared from the doorway and he could hear her footsteps as she headed downstairs.
 
“Shit.” Inuyasha cursed, leaning forward, covering his face.
 
“What's wrong?” Came Kagome's voice.
 
“I was lying on you bed saying how good it feels. Bet your mom thinks I'm a pervert now.”
 
“If she did, she would have told you. Mom always tells people what she doesn't like. Plus, she didn't give me that look, so I think you're in the clear.”
 
Inuyasha heaved out a sigh, hoping she was right. He felt her approach, placing a hand on his shoulder. The next thing he knew, he was on the floor again, staring shocked at the ceiling. Narrowing his eyes in anger, he jumped upright, glaring at Kagome. “You pushed me again! What the hell?” He stomped his foot.
 
Kagome smiled. “Now we're even.”
 
“Excuse me?”
 
“You know, you say you like to annoy me right? Well I have to admit it is kind of fun pushing your buttons too.” Kagome giggled.
 
Inuyasha wrinkled his nose, glaring daggers her way as she continued to snicker behind her hand, her eyes watery from all the amusement. Despite trying to keep his anger intact, Inuyasha found that her laughter was contagious. He fought against joining her, but found that it was impossible and had soon begun to reluctantly smile and chuckle. It was so easy to let go when Kagome was near.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Please don't kill me! I know that several of you hate me for not revealing the reason Inuyasha doesn't like hospitals, but if I told you that, well, you might as well say bye-bye to Kagome and Inuyasha's relationship. I mean I might as well end the story a few chapters early. Please don't be mean in your reviews, or else I'll cry. And I hope all the little flirting in this chapter made up for it.