InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Youkai (original) ❯ Chapter 10.5 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi guys! Been one year, hasn't it? Here's one ending. I hope you enjoy it, though it wasn't exactly what I planned it to be like. I'm kinda disappointed that it dropped off where it was, so I will probably do an epilogue. Anyway, on to the story!
 
Disclaimer: Haven't done one of these in a while. Anyway, me no own. Simple as that.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Battle of the Youkai Chapter 9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
"What the hell?!" Inuyasha yelled, eyes wide at the scene before him.
 
Kouga, who was right behind him, gasped at the sight in front of him.
 
"Kikyo?" Inuyasha whispered after his yell. (A/N I changed the previous chapters, but for some reason some of them don't seem to change. Darn. Anyway, yes, Kikyo's still 'alive' in this one.)
 
Sango and the others watched silently as they surveyed the area in front of them. A few feet away, a small form could be made out, lying in a pool of crimson liquid. It appeared to be a girl, stretched limply on the ground.
 
"Kagome!" Kouga yelled, running to her.
 
Next to Kagome, a young miko stood, staring at the white haired hanyou observing her. "Hello, Inuyasha."
 
Inuyasha slowly walked forward. "Kikyo?"
 
During this time, Kouga revived the previously unconscious girl. "Kagome! Wake up! It's me, Kouga! Kagome! Please wake up!"
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes and saw the form of a wolf youkai. "Kouga, is that you?" she said softly, still a bit dizzy from the loss of blood.
 
"Kagome!" he yelled, embracing her swiftly. "Kagome! Thank Kami you're alright!"
 
Kagome slowly got out of Kouga's embrace. "Kouga, how'd you find me?" Looking past him, she gasped. "Inu…yasha?"
 
Inuyasha missed Kagome's voice and kept staring at Kikyo. "Kikyo, why are you here?"
 
Kikyo smirked evilly at the man she loved and hated. "Inuyasha, I knew you would be here. You can not stand to be away from me."
 
Inuyasha continued to stare at Kikyo and repeated his previous question.
 
Kikyo smiled and walked towards Inuyasha. "Inuyasha!" she yelled, embracing him.
 
Swallowing, Inuyasha wrapped his arms around Kikyo. "Kikyo… I missed you…." Looking past Kikyo, Inuyasha saw Kagome lying in a pool of blood. Wrenching himself out of Kikyo's embrace, Inuyasha ran over to Kagome.
 
'Kagome, what happened? Who did this to you? Was it Kikyo?' Kneeling down to check her over for the location of her wound, he voiced his thoughts.
 
Kagome blinked as she held back tears, thinking about what she just saw. "Inuyasha, don't ask me that." (A/N dejá vu)
 
Inuyasha blinked back, trying to understand. "Kagome. What do you mean? Why shouldn't I-"
 
Kagome cut him off as she burst into tears. "You don't want to know, Inuyasha. Why does it matter to you? You can't kill your one love just because your precious shard detector was attacked."
 
Inuyasha shook his head as Kouga took the girl into his arms and rubbed her back as she cried. "No Kagome! You're wrong! You're not just a jewel shard detector! You're so much more! I-"
 
Kagome cut him off once again as she jumped out of Kouga's arms and slapped Inuyasha. "NO! Stop it! Stop toying with my emotions! Don't lie to me! You've hurt me too much! I don't want to be hurt by you any longer! I'm tired of you lying to me!
 
She collapsed into Kouga's open arms, weeping.
 
Inuyasha looked at Kagome, indescribably sad. "Kagome… I'm not lying. I love you, Kagome. I really do. Please listen to me. I can't live with out you! Please, Kagome, please listen to me," he cried to her, lowering his head.
 
Kikyo watched the conversation with a frown. Deciding it should end now, Kikyo walked behind Inuyasha and wrapped her arms around his body. "Inuyasha, come with me," she whispered to him.
 
Raising his head, he slowly turned his head to look at her.
 
"Inuyasha, you can't love her. Remember, you promised you would go to Hell with me. Besides, look at her. She loves the stupid ookami. You see how she cries into his arms. They love each other. Don't be bothered by my foolish reincarnation. I will give you everything that my copy can not. Inuyasha…."
 
A tear running down his face, Inuyasha gave Kagome one last glance before he gave her up. "Kagome, I'll miss you, but… you love Kouga," he whispered sadly, trying to stop his tears.
 
Wiping his tears away, Kikyo's arms tightened around him. "Inuyasha, it's time."
 
Inuyasha turned to Kikyo and slowly wrapped his arms around her. "Kikyo… let's go.
 
Smiling Kikyo opened the portal to Hell and sucked Inuyasha in.
 
"Goodbye, Kagome. I'll always love you," Inuyasha whispered as he vanished from sight.
 
Crying Kouga and Kagome embraced. "Kouga," Kagome whispered. "Kouga… let's go," she said, choking on her tears.
 
Saying a final goodbye to his past rival and her best friend, Kouga and Kagome left the area where two souls just departed from.
 
~The End~