InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Beautiful... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I must have a wealth of inspiration going through my head right now. I think it's all the sleep I have been getting lately...heh...heh... Anyhow this story will also be a one shot, but unlike its two one shot predecessor, this one is kind of happy and devoted entirely to Inuyasha. It's called Beautiful and it's sung once again by Sarah Brightman.

I don't own Inuyasha and as stated above I don't own Beautiful bySarah Brightman.

Beautiful

"Inuyasha"

"What is it Kagome?"

"What are you going to do now that the jewel is complete?"

"What have I been collecting the jewel shards for wench! I'm going to become a full demon of course!"

Inuyasha looks stunned as he sees Kagome's face fall all of a sudden. Her sadness at his words is evident for he can smell the salt of the tears she is fighting back.

"Don't cry Kagome...PLEASE don't cry?"

"I won't Inuyasha it's just why do you want to become a demon still anyway? I mean you know what happens when you do become it!"

"I'm certain it won't happen once I wish on the jewel Kagome!"

"Are you sure?"

"FEH!"

Kagome smiles softly and sadly as she looks up into those handsome amber eyes of his. "I take that as you are positive that it is going to work...." She turns around and starts walking away, but not before she whispers one thing softly that a normal human can't hear but Inuyasha can...

"I think you are beautiful just the way you are...."

If you can depend

On certainty

Count it out and weigh it up again

Inuyasha hears her words and looks at the glowing pink stone in his hand. His thoughts are in a jumble now. These past few years despite the aches and pains have been wonderful to him. Having found friends such as Miroku and Sango and even the annoying little pest Shippo, has made his lonely childhood seem like a dream to him.

Yet he still wishes to be accepted by his brother and the other demons. He was so certain that everyone would approve of his wish including his friends...especially Kagome. "Kagome...." He whispers softly and with feeling. His best friend and the girl he has grown steadily in love with. Over their journey together he has wished for so long that she would feel the same for him. But nothing ever came out of it....still his wish wouldn't be the same if he didn't have her there with him as he made it.

Intent on talking with the young Miko from the future, Inuyasha follows her trail back to camp and pauses as she is busy speaking with the others about him.

You can be sure

You've reached the end

And still you don't feel

"Miroku, I...I...I won't Inuyasha to be happy."

"Even if it means killing him?"

"Yes..."

"You love him that much Kagome?" Sango asks her best friend. Shippo just sits on Kagome's lap and knows just by looking at his adoptive mother that she is troubled. He sniffs upon the air the scent of Inuyasha close by and rather than usually blurt out that he is listening. For once he wants the dog-boy to hear Kagome's words.

"Yes I do, Sango. I love him...." Kagome hugs the little fox close to her and he lightly brushes his tail against a ticklish spot causing her to smile. "I just wish he could see what I saw in him you know?"

Do you know you're beautiful

Do you know you're beautiful

Do you know you're beautiful

Yes you are, yes you are, yes you are

"What is it that you see in him Kagome?" Shippo asks. He hears the ruffled movement in the bushes faintly as does Sango. He hurriedly shifts his look towards Sango who is about to do something when he mouths Inuyasha's name. Her eyes widen and then they both encourage the young woman to keep on talking.

"Yes Kagome what do you see in Inuyasha?" Sango asks and as Kagome speaks Miroku looks down at Shippo who gestures over to some bushes and he notices a flash of silver. Smiling and giving Shippo a wink, he hears Kagome's words.

"I see the kindness deep in his heart. Sure he may be rude and self-centered sometimes. He is also extremely arrogant also....I can see why when Sesshomaru comes around that even though neither brother will admit it but they are much alike."

Shippo manages to hold back a giggle as he hears a faint Feh coming over the wind.

"But unlike Sesshomaru, I can see his compassion...his generosity...his eagerness to protect the one's he cares about. I can see his heart when he is sad and lonely. I just wish he would let me in and see something else other than his shard detector...."

"Kagome..." Miroku places a hand on her shoulder and Kagome looks up softly.

If you can ignore

What you've become

Take it out and see it die again

You can be here

For who's a friend

And still you don't feel

"I know Miroku...I know why he wants to become a demon as to all of us and it will hurt to do what we have to do if his wish doesn't quite work out. I just wish he could see from our perspective just one of those times he became a demon."

Flashback...

Kagome watches with horror as Inuyasha battles the demon moth in his transformed state. Miroku and Sango just tremble in fear as he slashes through the giant insect like it was butter. The bandits start to flee in terror as Inuyasha flexes his fully grown claws and chuckles with an almost maniacal laughter.

"Do you really think I will let you escape?" He growls as he moves on to his next target. The men start to flee for their lives and Inuyasha begins to rip through them several at a time as his friends and the villagers watch.

Their emotions and moods are all the same amongst Kagome, Sango and Miroku when they agree with Shippo's comment.

"Please Kagome! Give Inuyasha the Tetsaiga. I can't stand to see him like this!"

Flashback ends...

Looking back at the memory with the demon moth along with the others, he sees their points of view and the uncertainty within his heart grows. What he doesn't notice is that the jewel seems to pulse with less light and frequency as the talks continue and his heart starts to steadily change.

Do you know you're beautiful

Do you know you're beautiful

Do you know you're beautiful

Yes you are, yes you are, yes you are

"I think somewhere he understands our feelings though on the matter, you know Miroku. Through out all the trouble we had with Naraku for example. He has stood by us when we needed him the most."

Shippo reflects back on the first time he has met with Inuyasha. He remembers how the hanyou had taken on the role of keeping himself and Kagome safe during the battle with the Thunder Brothers. Inuyasha had understood his need for help and even though eh acted like he didn't want to do it at first, he agreed to help the young Kitsune avenge his father's death.

"You're right Kagome. I wish Inuyasha could understand that if it wasn't for him I would probably be a fur hat on Manten's head."

Innermost thoughts

Inuyasha hears Shippo's thought and feelings and wonders at this strange indecisiveness that has encroached upon his mind.

Miroku remembers the time that Inuyasha used the Tetsaiga's wind scar for the first time in an effort to save him. At that moment, Miroku was extremely weak and dying thanks to a trap set by that vile demon Naraku. Miroku's wind tunnel had expanded thanks to the machinations of a Mantis demon, who had taken on the form of a beautiful woman.

When he had gone to the monk, who had taken care of him since his father's death for help, everything was all right. He was unaware of old Mushin being possessed by a demon charmer.

Willing to die with his friend Hajji at his side, Miroku despite the warning of the drug's abilities used his wind tunnel. When it came close to sucking in Miroku as well, it was Inuyasha who somehow stopped him.

"Listen monk you may die someday but it won't be because of that! I won't let you!"

Miroku looks up at Kagome with a smile on his face. "You're right Kagome. I wish Inuyasha knew how much of a friend he has become to us!"

Will be understood and

Inuyasha's heart beats a little faster as he hears and relives these moments with them. The jewel glows a much softer shade of pink now as Inuyasha listens. Its power with their words is draining away.

Sango looks back at the time Naraku had sent her brother Kohaku after them the second time. Naraku had erased Kohaku's memories and Sango was extremely happy that despite everything she had her brother back...until he tried to kill her best friend.

She had taken after him as she left Kilala with Kagome for protection. She had thought at that she would have to kill her brother to set him free. Catching up to him she was all set to kill him and then herself when Inuyasha stopped her.

"Why? Why didn't you let me finish it Inuyasha?"

"Don't you see Sango? Naraku had sent Kohaku to kill Kagome!"

"And?!"

"Kohaku couldn't do it! That means somewhere deep down underneath Naraku's control your brother's human heart still beats! We can bring him back Sango!"

Sango looks up at the others and smiles softly. "I wish Inuyasha knew that sometimes he had given us hope." She sighs softly and Miroku comforts her. During the battle with Naraku, Kohaku was killed. But for a short time, Sango had her brother back just like he said.

You can have all you need

Inuyasha hears these words and looks towards his friends in a new light. He understands their thoughts and feelings concerning him and the uncertainty of his wish has become a humongous flame of indecision. The pink glow is barely a shimmer now as it pulses so slow in Inuyasha's hands. His indecision is strong as he listens to his friends. Then the voice of a the one he holds closest to his heart and her memory assails his very soul.

Kagome remembers the time again with the bandits and the giant moth demon. How Inuyasha was acting afterward made her sad. Despite the fact he claimed not to remember, Inuyasha did. She cans sense it in him. He felt guilty and thought that his friends would leave him and treat him as if he was some sort of monster. She remembers his surprise when instead of chasing her off she just sat next to him and placed her hands on his shoulders and leaned against him to lend him her strength of heart.

"I wish....I wish Inuyasha knew all the love that we felt for him isn't because he was a demon or a human, but that we love him for himself. Especially me...."

Do you know you're beautiful, do you know about anything

Do you know you're beautiful, do you know about anyone

Inuyasha looks down ready to stand up and give Kagome back the jewel, when he looks down at his hand and realizes that is glow is gone. A voice appears in his head and it is a soft spoken voice belonging to a woman.

"Inuyasha, your friends have made their wishes. It was for you, that they did."

"I know...but why?"

"Do you still not understand?"

"I do...they love me...me after all I have done..."

"Inuyasha you only saw the bad things...they saw in you what was good."

Inuyasha ponders these words as the voice smiles softly and he sees as it takes shape in his mind. He is surprised as it looks like a very familiar woman from the past.

Do you know you're beautiful

Yes you are, yes you are, yesyou are

"Midoriko?"

"Yes Inuyasha it is I. Your friend's wishes have set me free. But it was wishes they made in reference to you. What is your wish?"

Inuyasha looks thoughtful as he gazes upon the four who have made his life complete. They are his friends as well as his family. Knowing what his wish is now, he smiles as he states it to Midoriko's spirit.

"I wish...."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*

Am I evil or what! I know I will probably be getting people madder than hell at me for leaving them hanging. But I want them at the last moment and having read this particular story to wonder. What did Inuyasha wish for? I hope you all enjoy and bye!