InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ The Wish ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well I never intended this to be a story. Just a little one shot, designed to make you wonder on after listening to Inuyasha as he has his friends. What would he wish for? Well besides the six reviews I got a ton of people being one of two things...extremely mad at me for not finishing it...or wondering what his wish was. Well I guess I will answer that now! Prior notice though the rating might change now .

anhimals....-Thank you very much. I am glad that you enjoyed this and well. Let's find out shall we?

Dark Moon 1...-We are going to find out soon yes?

female_Inuyasha...-Um...Sorry?

Amanda....-Well it's coming soon.

InuyashaGirlie...-Um...thank you.....little shrugs and gets all flustered....By the way sorry about barriers....had a bit of an accident....lets just say drink...fall papers ruined...can't remember where I was going to go......

emerald dragon hanyou...-Um...sorry? Feeling really bad...I explained why up above.......

The Wish...

"I wish..."

Inuyasha is about to speak his wish when he hears a familiar scream for help.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha runs towards the girl he has grown to love. Her screams of fear urging him to move faster towards her. He comes to a sudden stop as he recognizes the soul catchers floating around. He sees as they have Sango, Shippo and Miroku incapacitated, by wrapping each one around a tree.

Kagome looks to him in fear as she clutches her arm. An arrow is deep in the flesh of her shoulder and as Inuyasha's golden eyes looks towards her. He smells the scent of clay and death.

"Kikyo..."

"Yes Inuyasha it is I." The dead miko comes from the bushes. Her hair is flowing across her face. It's once normally beautiful countenance is drawn back in a sneer. "I have come to collect on your promise."

"Inuyasha, no don't go with her" Kagome pleas as she manages to barely avoid another arrow fired from Kikyo's bow.

"SILENCE COPY!"

"Kikyo don't you dare lay a finger on Kagome!" Inuyasha jumps in front of the young woman.

"I...I...I...Inuyasha?"

"Then come with me!" Kikyo replies. Her bow is cocked and she is ready to release.

"No!" Inuyasha screams at her. "Midoriko!"

"What is it Inuyasha"

Everyone looks around as a voice filled with warmth surrounds them. The soul catchers fly to their mistress as Kikyo looks nervous all of a sudden.

"Please I would like to make that wish!"

"Are you sure Inuyasha?"

"YES!"

"Then what is your wish?"

Inuyasha smiles gently as he looks at the girl he loved fifty years ago. "Kikyo you were never meant to have been reborn. You were ripped from the peaceful slumber that you had so long ago. I am sorry that I cannot fully go with you."

"I...I...Inuyasha?" Kagome looks at him. Her eyes are starting to cry with a soft smile of hope as she sees him. Miroku, Sango, Shippo looking at him. Curiosity and approval as they all realize what he is going to do.

"You will come with me INUYASHA!" Kikyo fires her arrow and watches as it is sliced in half by Sango's boomerang!

"I heard their thoughts. Those of my friends Kikyo, did you know that they made all their wishes for me? I never thought I would have had friends like them. Especially Kagome...if it wasn't for her freeing me from that damn tree, I never would have known happiness as I do now Kikyo. The happiness that you began to give me so long ago Kikyo and that your reincarnation has continued to do."

Kikyo's bow starts to tilt downward as she listens to him. Her voice is soft and sad, as she speaks to him.

"I don't want you to forget me Inuyasha..."

"I would never forget you Kikyo. You were my first love. And I will keep my promise. I want you to rest in peace."

"How..." The undead Miko looks at him and for the first time in this cold body she feels herself crying.

"Watch" Inuyasha smiles as Midoriko speaks again.

"What is your wish Inuyasha?"

"My wish is that Kikyo is able to rest in peace."

"Granted"

"Good-bye Inuyasha...please don't forget me..."

The Inu gang watch as the wind starts to pick around them. It is warm as it caresses their skin and brings them closer together. They watch as a warm golden light appears next to Kikyo and takes the shape of a woman. Kikyo turns as this woman places her hand on her shoulder.

"Come Kikyo, it is time to go home" Midoriko smiles as Kikyo begins to radiate with a golden light. The part of her that she took from Kagome is released and flows back to the young woman.

"Thank you Inuyasha everyone...forgive me for the pain I may have caused you."

Kikyo walks with Midoriko and soon the two figures disappear never to be seen again.

"Inuyasha you didn't become a full demon...why?" Shippo asks as Kagome and the others nod their head in agreement.

"Because I finally realized that all of you completed the wish I have had since I was a little pup."

"Which was?"

"To be Happy..." Inuyasha smiles as Sango and Miroku each give him a hug. He falls back a little bit as Shippo comes barreling at him at full speed. Picking up the little fox Kitsune by the tail, Shippo gulps a bit as he prepares to be pounded by the young hanyou, Inuyasha just shakes his head and then places Shippo up on his shoulders.

"Kagome..." He turns towards the young woman whose arm is being bandaged by Sango. As Inuyasha is walking towards her, Shippo gets yanked off by Miroku. Much to his protest at first and then figuring it out as he watches Inuyasha growl a little bit at Sango, who smiles.

"It's all yours Inuyasha."

Inuyasha bends down and finishes bandaging Kagome's arm. The others beat a retreat to the other side of camp to leave those two alone.

Watching as Inuyasha wraps her arm, the silence between them is tense and unnerving. Finally, not able to hold it in anymore Kagome begins to ask something.

"Inuyasha?"

"Yes?"

"Did you mean what you said back there?"

"About what?"

"Hearing our thoughts and understanding us?"

"Yes I did"

"I helped give you happiness?"

"Yes Kagome...you, Miroku, Shippo and the others....Hearing your thoughts and feeling how you felt. I realized that wish I have wanted all my life has come true."

Inuyasha's hand comes up to her cheek and caresses the soft skin. "It's just you gave me something else Kagome..."

"What is it Inuyasha...?" Kagome hopes beyond her wildest dreams as she looks into those amber orbs. She can't help but nuzzle his hand as it pulls her closer to him.

"Love Kagome....I love you"

Kagome starts to cry, but this time Inuyasha smells that they are tears of joy and his lips press to hers in a soft and passionate kiss. The others, who are watching from the other side of camp, smile as they gaze upon their two friends.

"It's about time" Miroku smiles and stirs the fire as Shippo and Sango watch with a happy gaze.

Up in Heaven...

Kikyo watches Inuyasha and Kagome get closer and smiles as they kiss. Her spirit is free now and she can finally rest in peace. She looks up as she hears Midoriko calling her name.

"What is it?"

"It is time for you to go..."

"Where? I mean I just got here."

"Why to be reborn of course"

"But I thought?"

"Long story but as you walked with part of Kagome's soul. What was missing had regenerated in Kagome. Now she has too much."

"Oh..." Kikyo looks a little chagrined and then her eyes light up. "Will I be seeing Inuyasha again?"

"Oh yes you will Kikyo." Midoriko smiles with a hidden knowledge.

Midoriko waves her hand and Kikyo's spirit flies to its destination.

"Be happy Kikyo you will finally have to life you were meant to." Midoriko whispers and soon disappears herself.

1 year later...

"Kagome push...PUSH!" Sango cries out to her friend who is in the middle of labor. Clutching at the arms of her mate and husband Inuyasha who is supporting her with all his strength. Miroku has been outside keeping Shippo entertained as Kagome gives birth to hers and Inuyasha's child.

"AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! I swear Inuyasha you will never touch me again."

Inuyasha smiles softly as he holds on to her arms, brushing away the sweat from her brow, he kisses her on top of her forehead.

"I love you Kagome..."

"I see a head!" Sango cries out excitedly. "One More push Kagome one more!"

"I CAN'T"

"Yes you can Kagome!" Inuyasha lends her his will and strength as he looks into her tired eyes. "Together"

Kagome nods her head and grits her teeth as she pushes with Inuyasha next to her body. Soon she is relieved as the baby slides from her belly.

"It's a girl..." Sango smiles as she cleans up the beautiful baby. Wrapping her in a blanket she brings her to the young couple.

"She's gorgeous Inuyasha..." Kagome smiles softly to her mate, who growls softly at the little one. The baby has black hair except for one silver streak at the temple. The ears are like that of a normal human and her eyes as they open them are a golden color like that of her father.

Shippo and Miroku having been told that the baby was born come in and look at the child nestling in her mother's arms.

"What will you name her?"

"I don't know?" The parents smile at one another and then the memory of a sad miko assails their minds. Nodding their head and turning to their closest friends.

"Her name will be Kikyo....In honor of the woman who in her own way gave me all of you." Inuyasha smiles and the others nod their head. As they are leaving the young couple alone, with their newfound baby daughter, the look at one another and smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay I hope you all like this part...better yes? Anyway let me know. I still don't know where to go from here. This just hit me as I was writing the update for another story...so I do hope you all enjoy!