InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Advice of the Heart and Soul ( Chapter 53 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sighs…I am alive folks…see me breathing I am alive…! Just everything has been kind of not there for me to continue this story for the longest time. I call it my own personal mental void, you get the picture. Anyhow here is the next chapter and I hope you all enjoy

Chapter 53

Advice of the Heart and Soul.

Hayek stared at the images in front of him. His mother, Midoriko, long since departed from this world, is a mere image now, but never has he seen her with his father. The demon, whose spirit had remained in limbo for so long, that he had near given up hope of ever moving on.

"How could this happen? I thought Momma had purified you…."

"I did…little bear…" Midoriko replied. Her arm hooked within Gabriel's, she looks up at his father, with joy…so much joy.

Gabriel, his eyes returning the emotion along with that of love, bends down to kiss her lips softly. Turning to look at their son, Gabriel takes over where Midoriko left off.

"It seems we owe Kikyo much. When she summoned me I expected to fully be returned to Limbo, where I had been for the last thousand years. Yet, instead I found myself being pulled to your mother's restless spirit."

"I think when Kikyo summoned Gabriel; she created enough of a tear that our bond reinstated itself." Midoriko said with a happy smile. "Our bond refused to allow him to return to that prison."

Hayek listening can't help but smile. All though he can not hug them, this is the first time he has seen his parents together….ever. Feeling a little saddened he sings down with the wood in his arms, as the two spirits approach him. Not willing to part, their hands remained clutched as Midoriko kneels next to her son, and Gabriel stands beside him.

As if struggling for a moment, their images fade for a second and he feels a gentle and yet loving touch at his knee, and shoulder where their free hands connect to his body.

Then it fades away…

Still, watching as they seem to be exhausted, he smiles gently as their efforts did indeed mean much to him.

"It is not a hug that we wish to give you son…but it is the best that we can do now." Gabriel words slowly as he resists breaking down. He is finally reunited with his family, in spirit if not in life, that is all he had ever wanted. Still, the pain is there, from not being able to be there when they needed him most. Now he has a chance to make up for it along with his Midoriko.

"It is all right Dad…" Hayek replies slowly. He looks at the near mirror image of himself, just older and somehow more exhausted, from centuries alone. "Still from what you said earlier concerning Kikyo…I do love her…I do."

"Then that is all you can do." Midoriko replies softly and warmly. "Love is the only thing we have that doesn't cost us anything,"

"That isn't true…" Hayek exclaims. "What about Ruriko and her mother?"

"That wasn't love." Midoriko replied. "She didn't trust you, and she blamed you for her mother…that isn't love."

"Listen to her Hayek, she is right. Even though she inadvertently purified me, I knew Midoriko did not mean to, by her screams. I knew she struggled to pull back her power, but it was too late. I forgave her…I promised I would find some way to be with her again. It took a long time, and your Kikyo, but I kept my word through our bond. It reinstated itself, and Limbo lost its one prisoner…"

Midoriko smiles warmly and brings Gabriel's hands up to her lips and kisses them softly. Hayek watches with a gentle amusement, and yet he can't help but envy them their love.

"Kikyo right now doesn't trust me…"

"Are you sure about that?" Gabriel replied.

Looking up rapidly at his father's words, he can't help but be confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you sure she doesn't trust you…"

"Yes…"

"Then why hasn't she left?"

Hayek turns around slowly to look inside the cave. Watching the young woman as she plays with the fire cat, Hayek is startled by one realization. That Mirada, the fire cat could have taken Kikyo out and away from him at any time…but yet she and the young woman were still there!

"She could have left me…. Mirada could have taken her anywhere she wanted to go. She knows this and yet she still stayed. Why?"

"Maybe because she does care about you Hayek…." Gabriel says, with the hint of a smile. "She wants to care for you more than what you are allowing. I think that incident with Ruriko has frightened you…"

"Frightened me?" Hayek states with a little sound of denial. "It hasn't frightened me…"

"Then why don't you allow yourself to get closer to Kikyo?" Midoriko replies with a gentle voice.

"I…I…I…I don't know…" He admits reluctantly.

"It is fear son…and we understand that. You simply do not wish to get hurt again." Gabriel states.

"I don't care about myself Father…I care about her…and I don't want to hurt her anymore than I already have…"

"Then don't…" A voice calls out from behind him. Kikyo and Mirada both stand there looking at him. The spirits of his parents, fading away as she approaches, gazing at her gentle beauty, he looks into her gold eyes, as she looks into his deep green ones.

"Don't hurt me…talk to me…yell at me….fight with me….just don't hurt me anymore."

"How…How have I been hurting you?"

"By not talking with me…" She whispers softly.

"But I talk with you all the time…."

"No you don't Hayek…" She says slowly as she looks out towards the falling sun. "Did you know that you probably spoke to Kyoko more in that brief time, she had been there than with me. You told her jokes and stories about your life. Things I have never even heard of that you did. Not once though in the entire time, I or my parents knew you did you tell us."

Hayek looks thoughtful at her words and prepares to refute them, but as memories pass by, he begins to realize that she was right. Hence he remains silent in disbelief.

Kikyo, watches as he digests that information which to a degree, she thinks he has denied within himself for so long….

"They're right you know…"

"Who…"

"Your mother and father…you are afraid to get closer. I understand that now…"

"I am not afraid…" He says again, but this time, he can hear in his own voice the sound of denial.

"Yes you are…" She responds with a warm and sad touch. "You are afraid of us…of me and my family. You are afraid of Shippo and Rahnee as well as the others."

Hearing her words, he shakes his head and is about to say something else, when her fingers go to his lips as if to urge him to be silent.

"I understand now Hayek…after what happened to your parents, Akira and then Ruriko…you were afraid. Afraid to lose those whom you were close to, those who could love you…." She says softly. "That's why you could be so open with Kyoko and not us…you didn't care for her…"

Listening to her words, soft and reassuring, he feels as her lips brush across his forehead and somehow he is calmed by that warm and gentle movement. He lets out a small protest as she gets up to leave….

"Don't…"

Kikyo shakes her head gently as she looks down at his kneeling form.

"I am not going anywhere yet. I am just going to take some of the wood and start a fire Hayek…right now I think you need to be alone with your thoughts…"

Leaving her words in his mind, she leaves him to sit and to watch the sunset and the moon rising in the sky…as he tries to understand, the hesitation within himself.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8- 8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

Yes short…but I wanted Hayek to think and listen before he officially makes his move on Kikyo. Anyway sorry for so long and once again don't forget to read and review!