InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful ❯ Trying to understand one another ( Chapter 52 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I am in a good and yet goofy mood folks. Heh...Anyway I hope you all are still currently enjoying my little story so I continue

kyli the wolf hanyou...-Its coming be patient....and thank you very much

Kikyo 2713....-Of course she would she was kind of mad at him....

Inuyasha 19912...-True...he does love her....but the question is what will he do to get her back?

Dragon Man 180...-Giggles...just totally mindless as she gives oodles of hugs and treats....

Newfie/B.C Girl...-I will and thank you very much

Anyway folks I don't own Inuyasha but I do own a host of other characters involved in the story...

Chapter 52.... (WOW)

Trying to understand one another....

"Take me back to my father Hayek..." Kikyo asks again. She is not sure of where she is and so looking at the one who brought her here, she gazes up at him. Her amber eyes are glowing softly, in the darkness. Mirada, in her kitten form, curled up asleep on her lap.

"I can't Kikyo...I can't take you back."

"Why not....?" She asks again. But she is met with nothing but silence. "Then what are we going to do Hayek?"

"I don't honestly know...but I feel as if I am being pulled...."

"Pulled?"

Nodding his head, he looks outside and points to the east. "There is something out there and I have to go..."

"My father and the others should be along the way...."

"I still can't take you back..."

"WHY!"

"Because your father threatened to kill me if I ever did!"

"LIAR! DADDY WOULD NEVER DO THAT HE CONSIDERS....!"

"Considers what Kikyo?" Hayek asks quietly. Realizing as she was about to blurt out something that she didn't want him to know, she goes quiet.

Frustrated, that she is keeping things from him, Hayek paces the inside of the cave, and glares at her from out of the corner of his green eyes. Noting her silence, he returns the favor as he looks out at the view.

"I wonder what Inocencia was doing there...."

"Ino...who?" Kikyo asks as she does remember another woman...a demoness with a strange staff.

"Inocencia....an old friend."

Feeling a twinge of jealousy, Kikyo looks away, and Hayek can't help but smile as her emotions seem to fly off of her in waves. Maybe he still has a chance, he muses quietly as his own jealously at the memory of her in Sakado's arms, seems to have risen.

"What is she to you?" Kikyo snaps a little, and he looks taken aback surprised at that tone.

"She is the one who rescued me...."

"Rescued you?"

Nodding his head, he tells her a story, the same one about Ruriko and her mother, and the simple acceptance that they had given him. Then he told of the villager's possession and their betrayal that led to Ruriko and her mother's deaths at their hands.

Kikyo listens as he speaks and as he grows closer, she notices, the sad and thoughtful expression etched into his features. When he gets to the part of the demoness, he seems unsure at first, but as the memories overtake, him, she begins to sigh in relief.

"She pointed you towards us?"

"Yes, she said it would take me to what I sought."

"Which was...?"

"A place to belong...."

Looking confused, she doesn't say anything as he sits next to her. Mirada, who has stirred a little bit, looks up at him with her eyes, and then letting out a kittenish yawn, she stands and as if to check the softness of Kikyo's legs with her claws, she once again turns around and goes back to sleep.

"I hate it when she does that...." Kikyo mutters a little bit for she had felt Mirada's claws a little bit.

"When she does what?"

"The claw thing...." She replies and he nods his head as if in understanding. Gently picking up the fire cat, who mews in protest, he places her upon his own lap, and the cat although a little annoyed, she curls back up and goes to sleep. Leaning against the wall with the cat in his lap, Hayek looks at Kikyo out of the corner of his eye.

"What is it?"

"Did...did...did he really say that?"

"Yes....I don't blame him either."

"You don't?"

"I would kill anyone who hurt you Kikyo....I just never knew it would be myself...." He whispers.

Looking at her, she looks down and away. But he has seen the reaction in her amber eyes and wishes he could just explain everything away with but three words. He knows though, that she is not ready to hear them...I love you.

Thoughtful, he communicates with the fire cat mentally, and the spirit of Mirada agrees with his sentiment. Purring a little more as Hayek's hands run through her fur, he says in a low voice, full of pain....

"I will take you tomorrow...."

Her eyes lighting up at the prospect, Kikyo turns around to say thank you only to be met, with tired and anguished eyes.

"You don't want me to go...."

Not saying anything just remaining silent, he looks away.

"Hayek please talk to me...."

Continuing to look away, Kikyo sighs softly, as he refuses to answer her plea. As the late hour grows, Mirada starts to stir, and looks to her friends, with wide knowledgeable eyes.

Wondering why two who obviously care for one another, can't seem to communicate, she simply shrugs and mews a questioning sound at the two.

"Oh...sorry Mirada...I would, but we are kind of high up a cliff." Kikyo replies as she looks at the cat.

"You understand her?" Hayek asks baffled, as she nods her head affirmative.

"Mirada and I have been friends and partners for a long time. Ever since, Kilala allowed me to keep her, she has been with me since she was a kitten." She says as she scratches said cat, behind the ear.

Purring soundly at the attention, they both watch as Hayek gets up and looks towards the skyline. "I am going to go hunting for some wood and some food. I will be right back...."

"All right..."

Watching as he leaps down to the forest floor, she looks after him as disappears into the forest.

"Mirada....I wish...I wish he would talk to me."

The cat looks up at her and mews a plaintive note, and Kikyo can't help but smile.

"I know girl, keep scratching. But still Mirada, how can he talk to that witch so warm and friendly, but not to me...." She sighs as she nuzzles the warm fur.

Mirada listens with a little pity, and in an effort to comfort, she playfully licks Kikyo's hand. This elicits a slight giggle from the young woman, who rubs the cat's back with her hand eliciting a sound of pure delight from the feline at the attention.

"What am I going to do...." She whispers to herself. "I want him to talk to me, to be around me more....but yet I still can't shake the sight of him kissing her....even though deep down I know she was kissing him...it still hurts."

The cat pushes against her hand, for she has stopped, and Kikyo can't help but continue silently. All this time though she is unaware as her words have reached their intended target.

"It still hurts her..." Hayek whispers to himself. His arms loaded with wood, for a fire in the cave, he had come up just in time to over hear her talking to the fire cat.

"I don't know....I don't know what I can do to show her that I still care...."

"You can love her, my son..." A voice calls out and from behind him, and although faint, he sees the image of his mother and father standing there. For the first time in countless years...they are together.

"Momma...Dad?"

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 888888888

That's the end of this part and I hope you all enjoyed it. Anyway folks don't forget to read and review....