InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Because Of Little Fish ❯ Can We GO YET? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha or any of the other characters. I have, however, created a new character that's not me that I've added to spice things up a bit. Have fun!
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
“What?” snapped Miroku, suddenly alert.
 
“Naraku…I smell him. He's near.” Inu Yasha almost hissed out the words. Naraku had already screwed up his life once before, and once was more than enough. He really didn't need monkey-boy messing up his past as well.
 
“Are you sure?” The hanyou rounded on him.
 
“OF COURSE I'M SURE! Do you think that I'd kid about something like this?! We need to get Grevaria back!” Kagome's heart softened a bit. Inu Yasha was obviously worried. Nobody missed the barely detectably note of pleading in his voice. Miroku nodded once to him and began to pack up their stuff.
 
“All right. We must leave at once, then, if we are to find Naraku. We might not confront him at all, but we must try.”
 
“But what about breakfast?!” Shippo whined.
 
“Shove it, fox. We gotta go now!” Inu Yasha growled.
 
“You be nice to Shippo! He's only a child, after all. Don't worry, we'll let you eat a bit before we go,” Kagome cooed. Inu Yasha shot her a threatening look, but she just shot one back. There was no sense in arguing. It would just end in a `sit'.
 
“Fine. Five minutes, then we leave.”
 
*
Tears of anger and fright streamed down her face as Grevaria sprinted blindly through the trees. She didn't know where she was going and she didn't care. All that she knew was that she had to get away from Inu Yasha, and she had to get him out of her head. The voices of the past echoed in her mind and there was no way to purge them from her scull.
 
`Grevvy! Grevvy, grab my hand!' The leaves crunched beneath her feet as she ran. They were frozen from running in frost, but she didn't notice.
 
`Hold on, Grevvy! I've almost got you!' Her panting increased as the same icy chill sped down her spine. It was like falling into that deathly cold water all over again. Suddenly, her foot smacked into a tree root, sending her tumbling a good number of yards. When she stopped rolling, she flipped over onto her stomach, buried her face in her arms, and sobbed. Her whole frame shook with fear and sorrow. She was alone. No one cared. No one was there for her. Well, almost no one.
 
“Grevaria.” She popped her head up from out of her arms, eyes wide with shock.
 
“M-my Lord?” she quaked. Hideous, low, evil laughter floated from behind her.
 
“Yes, I am your lord. And what did your lord tell you to do?”
 
“To k-kill Inu Yasha.”
 
“And did you?” She got to her feet and wiped the tears off of her cheeks.
 
“No.”
 
“Why is that? I brought you back from the dead so that you could exact your revenge and you don't exact it. That was what you wished, was it not?”
 
“Yes. Yes my lord. But he…he seemed so sincere when he said that he didn't mean to.”
 
“Didn't mean to kill you? You believe him? You believe your murderer? Maybe you were better off dead.”
 
“NO! I'm a fool to believe him! I'm so sorry, my lord. Please don't tell Naraku about this…” Sesshomaru looked down at the quaking girl with contempt. Naraku was right. She was the perfect weapon.
 
*
 
“Are you done YET?!” Inu Yasha insisted. Shippo slurped up the last bit of his breakfast and sighed happily.
 
“Yep! All done!” The hanyou grabbed him by the wrist and yanked him to his feet.
 
“Okay, come on! Let's go, move it!” With his firmest hand, Inu Yasha shoved everyone down the road and towards Naraku's scent. There was a small village up ahead that seemed to draw them towards it; as if it was what was giving off the scent. However unknown to them, the jewel hunters were walking straight into a trap.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
chihiro-san: Sorry that this is so short, but I reeeaaalllyy need sleep. I'm normally nocturnal(ish), but I was skiing all day long and I'm bushed. Another thing: I'm sorry guys, but this is going to be a pretty short fanfic. I just can't think of anywhere to go after I finish my initial idea. Either way, it wasn't that good of an idea to begin with. But hey. It was my first on-line fanfic. You can't knock it. It's also a little stressful having to write this and “That's Show Business” and “It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas”. I'm not used to writing more than one thing at a time. Oh well. I'll get used to it. Merry Christmas. Happy Kwanza. Have a good Hanukah. Whatever.