InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Because Of Little Fish ❯ Something's Fishy ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha or any of the other characters. I have, however, created a new character that's not me that I've added to spice things up a bit. Have fun!
 
 
 
chihiro-san: Hey guys! I know that that last fic was a touch sad, but let me tell you now: it doesn't get any happier. Just as a warning, this going to be a very depressing fic. It is also going to be kinda short.
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
Slowly, warily, Inu Yasha descended from his perch in the tree. As he came down he kept his eyes glued on `Grevaria'. She looked a little older than he remembered, but still the same as the day he'd killed her. `No, I didn't kill her. Not on purpose. I just slipped, that's all…' he reminded himself. He leapt lightly off of a low branch and landed in the dewy grass with a soft thump. Still eyeing her, he walked up to the girl until there almost wasn't a foot away.
 
“Inu Yasha, what are you doing?” she asked. He stuck out a clawed hand and poked her in the shoulder. She screwed up her face at him and withdrew a bit.
 
“You're solid,” he said in an almost unbelieving voice. She massaged her shoulder and glared at him.
 
“Of course I'm solid!” she spat.
 
“But you're dead.” She stopped rubbing her shoulder and stared at him. Complete terror was on her face and anger filled her eyes. She looked back at the others, but they were busy cooking. They didn't even know that Inu Yasha was awake, let alone talking to a corpse.
 
“Wh-“ she tried to speak, but couldn't. He walked closer to her and put his hands on her shoulders.
 
“Grevaria, I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry,” he murmured.
 
“NO!” she screamed, wrenching her shoulders from his grip. He tried to grab on tighter so that she wouldn't retreat, but she wouldn't have it. In one motion, she tore herself from his grasp. Literally. His nails tore her skin and her kimono as she yanked herself backwards. If they weren't paying attention before, the group sure was now. Shippo was looking from one to the other in shock. Sango's gaze was saddened and sympathetic to the girl. Miroku didn't turn around, but he listened hard. Kagome's pot of steaming water was boiling over as she glared at Inu Yasha. Silence gripped all of them, though. Finally, Inu Yasha found his voice.
 
“Grevaria…I didn't mean to.” He tried to comfort her again, something he wouldn't do once let alone twice, but she wouldn't have it.
 
“No, no, NO!!!” she clamped her hands over her ears and shook her head, as if trying to get his voice out of her head. “Get away from me! Leave me alone!”
 
“Aren't you even listening to me?! I didn't mean to, damn it!” She shoved him hard away from her and dashed out of camp without a backward glance. Inu Yasha stared at her retreating back in utter shock. `It was her…she doesn't believe me…' he thought in despair. He turned and seemed to notice the others for the first time.
 
“What're you looking at?!” he snapped.
 
“Inu Yasha, you insensitive jerk! What did you do to her?!” Kagome barked. `I killed her…'
 
“Keh. Nothing.”
 
“Then why did she run away?” Shippo pipped.
 
“BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO, OKAY?!”
 
“SIT!” Fwhump! The hanyou went flying face first, as usual, into the ground. He could have stood back up, but decided to ruminate whilst eating dirt. He closed his eyes and tried to think of why she would hate him so much. He had told her that he didn't do it on purpose, but for some reason she wouldn't listen. It was as if she wanted to be mad at him, as if some other force was willing her to be angry. Suddenly, Inu Yasha lifted his head and sniffed the air; smelling something that he hadn't caught before.
 
“Naraku…” he hissed.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
 
chihiro-san: Sorry that this is so short, guys, but I'm late for my “study group”. Basically it's me and all of my friends getting together at Barns and Nobles to read everything in their manga/anime section while we munch on cookies and drink coffee. Ahhhh….this is the life. Well, I gotta go, but I'll write again soon. Ciao!