InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Better Off Dead ❯ Sunday!!!! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7: Sunday!!!


"I don't know how I am going to do this, I've tried." Inuyasha was staring over the, oh too familiar mountain with Kagome.

"All you do is go that way, really fast, if something gets in your way, turn." Kagome smiled at him.

"Amazing," he said sarcastically.

"Watch, it is no sweat." Kagome put on her ski mask and easily glided down the mountain, making every turn gracefully, and not stumbling once.

"Hell! If you can do it!" Inuyasha yelled down the mountain and followed in her path. He did rather well until he flipped over and slid down the mountain, landing where Kagome had gracefully stopped.

"Inuyasha, are you okay?" she asked looking very worried.

"You are mad at me aren't you?" he asked smiling suavely. Kagome shredded causing snow to fly in Inuyasha's face. "No, I'm okay, nothing is broken." he spit the snow out of his mouth and got up.

They spent the first few hours of the morning light practicing skiing techniques and trying to loosen Inuyasha's nerves over the big race that was just moments away. Inuyasha fell over Kagome as they were skiing and they started laughing, laying in the snow. Inuyasha leaned in slightly, about to kiss Kagome when Miroku skied up to them and began talking.

"Everyone is around this particular mountain to see one Inuyasha tackle this totally untamed slope, dead or alive. So get the led out, that is all." With that simple comment he skied over Inuyasha's ski and out of sight.

"Well this is it," Inuyasha sighed heavily as he stood with Kagome.

"Don't forget, we have unfinished business." at Inuyasha's confused expression she said, "language lessons."

"You are going to teach me Japanese?" he asked bemused.

"The international language," she smiled and kissed him on the cheek before saying, "kick his ass." and skiing off.

Inuyasha prepared to leave for the starting point when he realized his ski was broken.

"Shit!" he said to himself. He tried to fix the broken latch but it was beyond repair. There was no way his ski would stay on without a clasp. He looked up from his ski, trying to figure out what to do when he noticed a black figure in the trees.

"Two dollars!" the figure demanded. Inuyasha's eyes grew in fright. It was Shippo, the same persistent paperboy.

§¤§¤§¤

"This Inuyasha kid isn't going to show?" a man on a walkie-talkie asked to the man on the other walkie-talkie, who was standing on top of the mountain with Naraku.

"Of course he isn't going to show, he is a chicken. Let's see if I can break one more record while I'm up here." Naraku smiled vindictively and his friend on the other end of the walkie-talkie stated that he would set the stop-watch.

Just as they were about to let Naraku down the mountain alone Inuyasha pulled up beside him, still on his one ski.

"Inuyasha, you don't know when to quit." Naraku glared at him with malice.

"Alright ready go!" Inuyasha quickly leapt down the mountain. He fumbled slightly at first, but caught his balance and continued down the hill at an incredible rate. Even though Naraku had given him a few seconds head start, he was catching up quickly as they sped around corners and over jumps.

"Two dollars!" The paperboy had ski's on his bike and he was following them closely from behind.

"Get lost!" Naraku yelled at Shippo. The paperboy was a big distraction and he couldn't afford to loose this race. The paperboy only inspired Inuyasha to ski harder and faster.

"Two dollars! I want my two dollars!" Naraku had had enough, he hit the paperboy with his pole knocking him off course and sending him off the cliff. "AHHHHH" could be heard as the boy fell. He landed on a ledge, shaking snow off his head, "Two dollars," he mumbled to himself.

Inuyasha didn't realize that the paperboy was no longer there, he continued to speed down the hill, checking every flag as he continued, closer and closer to the finish line. Naraku hot on his trail. The finish line just moments ahead, Inuyasha crouched down to gain speed and he crossed. Inuyasha had won the race. A mob of people came to congratulate him, he was in such a daze he didn't know what was happening.

"Man, you are the hottest thing since sunburn!" Miroku yelled and pat him on the back repeatedly.

"Inuyasha, you really are the best!" Kikyo ran up to Inuyasha and was now kissing him excitedly. Inuyasha kissed her back, still in a daze from the race. Kagome noticed that he was reunited with his love and she felt upset.

"What are you doing here? Do you know how long it takes to get here? Hojo, get her ski's come on! You are a little tramp you know that?" Mrs. Smith continued to reprimand Kagome as she dragged her away.

"Now tell me, what brought on this amazing accomplishment?" the racer who normally spoke of the intercom he had attached to his car was now holding a microphone and asking Inuyasha questions about his victory. Inuyasha looked around, noticing Kikyo was next to him and that Kagome was being dragged away by the Smiths.

"Language lessons!" he screamed as he removed his other ski and ran through the crowd to catch up to Kagome and the Smiths.

"What are you doing? She is coming with us!" Mrs. Smith yelled as Inuyasha grabbed Kagome from their grasp.

"She is coming with me," he said simply.

"Hojo, do something about him!" Mrs. Smith yelled. Hojo took one of Kagome's ski poles and prepared a fencing stance. Inuyasha took one of his poles and did the same. The girls ran to the sidelines and watched.

Hojo and Inuyasha battled, Hojo dodge an attack by Inuyasha and Inuyasha dodged many by Hojo. Hojo swirled his pole around Inuyasha's knocking Inuyasha's to the ground. Hojo laughed openly and charged at Inuyasha. Inuyasha stood back and grabbed the pole from him. Hojo continued to go forward, and he turned and fell on his mother, knocking both of them to the ground.

Inuyasha grabbed Kagome and put her gently in his car. They then drove off into the distance.

They arrived at Fenway Park, home of Kagome's favorite baseball team, where they sat on top of Inuyasha's Camaro in the middle of the diamond. Kagome rested her head gently on Inuyasha's shoulder as he played his Saxophone. Up the baseball diamond you could see a small paperboy dressed in black, calling for his two dollars.

YAY okay so that was Better Off Dead not as good as the movie so GO WATCH THE MOVIE! I command you! ^_^ Just kidding, okay well thank you for your time teehee... again look for my new fic... hopefully up by the end of the weekend YAY!!!! ~~~~