InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Better Off Dead ❯ The Perfect End to the Perfect Day ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I know my chapters are getting shorter and shorter *TEAR*

6: The perfect end to the perfect day

Inuyasha walked outside the next morning with a cup of coffee. He had heard a weird noise and wanted to investigate. He noticed someone was under his car and listening to the radio.

"Uh, Hello?" he asked trying to see under the car.

"Ah, Konichiwa!" Kagome smiled brightly and looked up at Inuyasha.

"Kagome? What are you doing to my car?" he asked her as she slid out from underneath the car. "What are you doing?" he repeated, "That is my car, it's already screwed up enough."

"Screwed up eh?" she asked leaning through the window and starting the car.

"Oh my god, you brought my car back from the dead." he said smiling.

"Not really," she said, handing him a part to the car.

"Can you put that back? Where it goes?" he asked, holding the part as thought it were diseased.

"I am not sure, but if I can't I am sure you can." she smiled and tried to hand him a wrench.

"Oh no, I have a great fear of tools. I couldn't."

"I cannot is your middle name. Come on, help me push this into the garage." she smiled playfully and he helped her push the car.

They worked on the car the rest of the day, Inuyasha getting over his fear of tools, but barely. He had Kagome do most of the work, he just read from the Camaro manual. They had a lot of fun working on the car, a slight oil spill was there only catastrophe. They also got to know each other better. Inuyasha even explained his dramatic death wish to Kagome. Telling about how he used to date Kikyo and now she was with Naraku.

"Naraku! I race Naraku on Sunday! I need to get to a cave." Inuyasha started to panic.

"This is what I speak of. This is your chance to get attention from Kikyo without killing yourself. Beat him."

"Beat him? I can't beat him!" Inuyasha was still panicking.

"I think if you had a little bit of success you would find it suits you." Kagome smiled and started his car again. This time it ran perfectly, without any glitch.

§¤§¤§¤

Inuyasha and Kagome drove out of the garage in Inuyasha's newly repaired Camaro. They drove down the road and upon arriving at a stop light Inuyasha noticed the same racers from before were sitting at the stop light. They had two girls with them this time. Inuyasha rolled down his tinted window and winked obviously at the girls in the car. They put on hard hats and waited for the light to change. Inuyasha revved his engine and watched the startled expression on the racers faces. The light changed and Inuyasha left them in the dust, causing the girls they were with to be disgusted and get out of the car.

Inuyasha took Kagome to a restaurant known as 'Pig Burger' which was where he was once employed. The restaurant was closed for the night but Inuyasha had the key and had prepared a special dinner. He sat the blindfolded Kagome down at a table with lit candles to accent the table. He removed Kagome's blindfold and he then put down two TV dinners which he had gotten for Christmas.

"I know that it's not much, but after eating my moms cooking you can probably tolerate anything," he laughed gently and Kagome smiled at him. "It is just my way of saying 'thank you' for helping me with the car, and with everything." he held up a class of grape cider which he had poured for each of them. They toasted and Inuyasha said, "Oh, I forgot the best part, wait here," and he ran off.

Kagome began to eat her TV dinner, of chicken, mashed potatoes and corn with seasoned salts. Inuyasha came back a moment later playing his Saxophone. Kagome had been looking out the window and when she heard the music it startled her. She looked at Inuyasha and admired his skills. With the success of fixing his Camaro, to the success of finally beating the racers, this was the perfect end to the perfect day.