InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birth Marks ❯ bath time! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow I can say that people really like my stuff when I have over 100 reviews! And do you all want a chocolate kiss or a real one? And to make good my promise, here are all of your ideas for Miroku's reaction:
 
Inuyasha's Gurrl= Lets say the girls nails are sharp. When she squeezes Miroku's butt, she cuts him. He jumps and yowls with pain (imagine a cat after been squieted brutally with a hose :D) and he can't sit on his butt for the rest of the night. AND , for a bonus, when he tells Sango and Kagome about what happened, he swears that he will never grope another girl again! They laugh even harder. Then, five minutes later, he gropes Sango. Sango hits him with her boomerang and says something like " Some people never change," or " Once a perv, always a perv,"
 
Dragon Man 180= Have Mirouku jump up and scream while he freaks out because a girl groped him! Then have him run out of the building and leave a Miroku shaped hole in the wall!
 
Fluff-O-Matic= i think u should have miroku like all of a sudden snap out of it and slapp heer. hehehe
 
Kitsune Kinu= Miroku should be torn between being pleased because someone touched his butt and disgusted because it wasn't Sango. =P
Number1DogDemon= I think Miroku should go into shock possibly run back to Sango or maybe slap the geisha and yell "hentai" just like Sango lol
 
Silver-Tiger Hanyou =i think that he should think that it was Sango
but when he turns around gets the surprise of a lifetime
 
Please excuse the misspelling of the reviews because all I really did was cut & paste. And now on to chapter 9!!!
 
 
Chapter 9: bath time!
 
Last time: The young girl's eyes grew large with laughter. <Surely this man has had too much to drink this afternoon and he is not completely right in the head. But I wanted to do this to the monk since he walked in. the robes hide so much of his body form and I was wondering…BUNS AWAY! > She nodded and casually walked over to Miroku to fill his cup. On her way past, she gave his butt a squeeze.
 
The young monk stood up with his eyes looking like Totosai's. And in the process, knocked over his sake cup all over the young girl. <What happened? Did she? Oh Kami-sama help me! > He thought, giving a polite bow to the inn host. “I believe that it is time for me to go back to the inn and get ready for dinner, I will meet you when you get back.” He turned to the girl, who was trying to pat the sake of her ruined kimono, “I am sorry for your kimono and thank you for serving us this afternoon.” Miroku bowed his way out and limped to the inn.
 
<She did! She did! She did! Oh Kami-sama! How cruel you are to me, your humble servant! I shall never grope another woman in my life if that is the lesson that you intended to teach me. > Miroku sighed; oh what would he tell the fair lady Sango? That he was unfairly taken advantage to? Or that he will forever remain faithful to her in comparison to the most beautiful geisha? Oh, what to say!
 
Miroku walked the entire way back to the inn lost in thought, completely ignoring the two female companions of his going the opposite way to the bathhouse.
 
“I hope no one notices that I have no ears at the side of my face!” Kagome whispered as she tugged at the headband that hid all of her `abnormalities' from the seeing public.
 
“You'll be fine, no one is even paying attention to us, we're just another face in the crowd going to take a bath. This is a huge town and it is highly doubtful that anyone is paying attention to us,” Sango whispered before squeezing her friend's arm for reassurance.
 
Kagome smiled hesitantly before she noticed a familiar black-and-purple robe. “Looks like my plan worked, I'll tell you when we get into the bath. And I think that our dear Miroku has learned his lesson for the day,” she gave a light laugh before turning into the, luckily, empty bathhouse.
 
Sango gave a confused look and followed the hanyou in. “Kagome, what did you do to him? He looked so worried!”
 
“It's not what I did to him, its what a geisha did to him after our host asked her to. The reverse roll of what he usually does should give him a reality shock,” Kagome said over her shoulder as she grabbed a towel and went into the spring room with a similarly clad Sango.
 
“Why don't you go in first, you weren't able to bathe in the spring this morning with me and you can tell me how the water is,” Sango urged.
 
“No, you first. I don't trust my sense of tolerance when it comes to hot springs; I can now tolerate heat much more than you and you could get burned. So you go first,” Kagome insisted, nudging Sango in.
 
Sango settled down and welcomed Kagome in, “the water's great and at least we have no peeping Miroku to watch us, so we can finally relax!” Sango sighed.
 
Kagome didn't want to be rude, but even as a human, she could smell dried blood and with her demon senses, it was just 100x worse. And getting Sango to soak her hair longer in the water lessened the smell. <Just think, Inuyasha has to go through this every time after a messy battle. The smells! > Kagome sighed, sinking down into the mineral spring water. <I'll have to tell her sometime, or I'll have to deal with it all night! How does Inuyasha stand all this? Oh yeah, my shampoo and soap! That should get rid of the smell, at least mask it enough. Too bad it is in my time, because I really need it now. > “Ugh…Sango? I'll help you wash your hair. There is some shampoo in the dressing room and I'll get it for you,” Kagome scrambled out and into the dressing room, grabbing the primitive shampoo and some lavender scented soap. She was going to make her hair shine with how much she was going to scrub it.
 
“Here, you can use the soap while I work on your hair,” Kagome handed the wet girl the soap and a hand towel and sat down on the planks surrounding the hot spring. Sango waded over to Kagome's waiting hands and started on the scrubbing.
 
“Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but I now see a down side to being part demon!” Kagome laughed lightly, “it's the nose! I don't know how he can deal with the smell of blood after a battle. I'm sorry, but hair seems to cling to smells for days. I know that you brushed out most of it last night, but I can still smell it on you.”
 
“At least I tried, right? I'm sorry if you don't like the smell, but I can't smell it so I don't even know if my hair smells or not,” Sango replied, scrubbing hard with the towel.
 
Silence for five complete minutes while Kagome worked through Sango's hair. Finally, the younger girl spoke up, “I thought he would have run away before the ten-count. And I was just mad that he had insulted me. I guess that I let myself get away with my emotions.” Kagome sighed and continued to mentally beat herself up.
 
“Don't worry, Kagome, Koga was always thick headed. Kind of like that boy that you told be about from your time. What was his name? Oh-no or something like that (sorry, couldn't resist).” Sango asked, wading to the other side of the spring and rinsing out her hair.
 
Kagome couldn't help but crack a small smile, “his name is Hojo, not oh-no. and they do seem to be the same amount of thick-headedness. Even when I am supposedly sick from school, he still tries to go on dates with me. And he also brings herbal `cures' for my `diseases' when I am gone. They all go to Ji-chan because they are all diseases that he has anyway, but all of my school friends think that I'm on my deathbed every week. And don't even get me started on my grades.”
 
Sango tuned Kagome out after the first ten minutes and sunk down into the spring. All she really heard was “blurb gurgle blurb bleh” because her ears were under water. Plenty of people think that Kagome is this shy girl, but when she is comfortable with another girl, she won't shut up! And Inuyasha wonders why they were always late? <She'll be winding down in 5… 4… 3… 2…>
 
“Thanks for listening Sango, its good to know that I can trust someone with listening to me and not be a critic,” Kagome sighed into the water so all that came up were bubbles.
 
Sango looked to the skylight that let the steam out and saw that it was nearing dusk. “We should start heading back, I think dinner's almost ready and I don't want to miss it,” Sango commented like it was the weather (kinda was, and it was a beautiful clear night).
 
Kagome nodded and tossed Sango a dry towel. “Yeah, I don't think I can stand rice again. I promise that I will definitely bring some good food back when I go back and bring my bag. What do you want?” Kagome braided her hair so it would set in a loose wave for the next day (something I do frequently, but I don't think Kagome does it in the show)
 
“I don't really know, Miroku likes the canned tea, Shippou likes the chocolate, Inuyasha likes ramen and chips of potato, and I would probably go for those lunches that your mother makes. Those cal-e-forn-ya rolls are good. And what are you doing to your hair?” Sango motioned to the braid.
 
“This? Oh, my friend Ayumi (is that the one with curly hair) taught me how to do this last time we had a sleep over. That was about 2 years ago now that I think about it. She said that is how she gets curls every day for school. She's smart and has good ideas with hair. Strange, I haven't even really talked to them the past year and I don't even miss them,” Kagome and Sango headed out the door into the chilly night air.
 
 
The dinner had been great since the hostess had not been able to cook for anyone except for her husband in years. There was fried rice, large fish, and even some vegetables that had been picked earlier that day from the inn's garden. (I'm hungry now!) The group had joined the host and hostess and soon afterward left to their rooms to talk about their afternoon.
 
“Lovely ladies, did you spend this entire time in your room? Or did you get out an explore what this town has to offer?” Miroku asked as innocently as a lecher could.
 
Kagome tried to hide a grin behind her hand before answering with another question. “All we did was go to a bath house, what did you do with the host today, anything we would eventually find out if you didn't spill now?” She could swear that Miroku turned green at the thought.
 
“I had a wonderful time with the host until we went to the tea house and then one of the geishas, I think, got a little drunk and, umm, ah, groped me,” Miroku hung his head as his voice got progressively quieter with each word.
 
<It worked, it worked, it worked! > Kagome barely controlled her laughter after hearing the monk's confession. Sango, with normal human hearing, hadn't heard her boyfriend's confession. And she was sitting right next to him (just barely out of hand range).
 
“I don't think she heard you, houshi,” Kagome said with a grin.
 
“My dear, dear Sango, dear, one of the, umm, geishas, umm, groped me,” he said, not much louder than before, but Sango barely caught it, “and I now know what you feel when you are groped and I am really, really sorryandIpromisetonevergropeyouagainbecauseInowknowwhyyoudon'tlikemetodoiti nthefirstplaceandIonlydiditbecauseIloveyou!” Miroku spit out on one breath, gaining his courage back enough to yell out the last three words so the whole town could hear.
 
(For those who really can't understand Miroku's one word, here is the translation: sorry and I promise to never grope you again because I now know why you don't like me to do it in the first place and I only did it because I love you!” and man, is that an expected twist in plot or what!?!)
 
Both Sango and Kagome's jaw dropped at this revelation. “Did he just?” Kagome started off.
 
“I think he did?” Sango replied, hand poised, waiting for her owner to do the inevitable to respond to the monk's normal actions. She dropped her hand and ignored her and the monk's slow gravitation toward each other.
 
 
5 minutes later
 
After an extended amount of time, Kagome's mouth started getting aired out with her gaping at the couple. “Umm, that was interesting. Well now with that confession out of the way, we can go to bed now,” Kagome said, after remembering to close her mouth.
 
=Rustle=
 
=Slap=
 
“I'm so sorry, I thought I saw a spider!”
 
“Nice try monk. Just face it, you'll never change,” Sango rolled her eyes and sat down beside Kagome, “once a perv, always a perv,” She whispered to her best friend.
 
Miroku sighed and stood up, “I will take up on lady Kagome's suggestion and will retire for the night, goodnight ladies,” and with that, he slid shut the shoji screen between the rooms.
 
“Shippou, why don't you go to bed also. And make sure Miroku-kun doesn't try to pull anything, or grab in this case, while we are asleep,” Kagome gave a friendly wink, “and if you get lonely, you can come and sleep with me, segare (my son), I'll see you tomorrow.” Kagome and Shippou hugged and he left to keep a watch on the monk.
 
“Kilala, you guard the door also,” Sango sent the cat to the other side of the room and laid down on her futon.
 
“Night Kagome, goodnight Miroku, sleep well Shippou, and stay safe Kilala,” Sango said, closing her eyes to go to sleep thinking about her `holy' lover.
 
“'Till the morrow we wake, everyone,” Miroku called through the screens.
 
“Tomorrow!” Kagome responded in a yawn.
 
 
I promise that the ghost shows up next chapter and I feel that it needs its own chapter(s). I know the ending of this chapter is corny, but all the excuse is is that it's late at night and I'm extremely lazy. (And that's also why this chapter is coming in 4 days after it was finished.) I love you guy's reviews and I hope this chapter satisfies everyone. Goodnight, Dark.