InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birth Marks ❯ the ghost bride ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow! This is my tenth chapter and I never thought that I'd get this far with any of my stories. And in the back of my mind, I wanted to see him run through the wall also, but it didn't go with the whole flow. And he has a hurt ankle and I don't think he could have gotten up enough momentum. How about this: if anyone can run through his or her own bedroom wall, I'll go back and put it in. otherwise, it's not happening. But I might put it later, but that is an extreme maybe. Now on to chapter 10!
 
Chapter 10: the ghost bride
 
Last time: “My dear, dear Sango, dear, one of the, umm, geishas, umm, groped me,” he said, not much louder than before, but Sango barely caught it, “and I now know what you feel when you are groped and I am really, really sorryandIpromisetonevergropeyouagainbecauseInowknowwhyyoudon'tlikemetodoiti nthefirstplaceandIonlydiditbecauseIloveyou!” Miroku spit out on one breath, gaining his courage back enough to yell out the last three words so the whole town could hear
 
This time: everyone was asleep when Kagome's ears caught a person whispering to Sango. Kagome cracked an eye and saw a fuzzy outline of a person trying to wake Sango up. “Miroku, go away. Its late at night and whatever you have to say can wait until the morning,” Kagome said quietly, turning to get a better view of the supposed monk.
 
The figure turned to Kagome; “you… you can see me?” came a distinctly female voice. Kagome opened both of her eyes wide as the young girl came into focus. She had Shinto-wedding robes on and seemed to be floating off the ground.
 
Kagome nodded her head slightly and had to swallow a scream. “Wh… who are you. And what are you doing here?” she barely managed to get out. The glowing figure kneeled down besides Kagome's futon and put her hands in a pleading position.
 
“Please can you help me, I don't want to get married. I want to go to a strange man's house and be his wife. I want to just go home!” she started wailing and woke up Sango.
 
Kagome tried to calm the quivering girl, “shh, shh, I'll help you. Just don't wake up my friends because they need to sleep.” The girl gave a small smile and started to say something.
 
“Kagome, what's the matter. Why are you crying, cause you woke me up,” Sango asked, propping herself up on her elbows.
 
“I… I was… just… thinking about my friends in my time and I realized that I really couldn't talk to them anymore. Don't worry about me and go back to sleep. I'll talk to you in the morning,” Sango gave a small smile and fell back to her futon asleep. <That was interesting. And she can't see the ghost, weird> Kagome turned back to the girl ghost, who gave an awkward grin.
 
“My name's Kagome, what's yours?” Kagome asked, bowing her head slightly. Kilala looked up from the door and looked straight at the ghost, giving a small nod. Keeping her eyes on the kneeling girl the whole time. “And that's Kilala. Our resident Neko-demon,” Kagome gave a small grin.
 
“My name is Kamiya (flower). And you can really see me, can't you?” the girl asked.
 
<It's just like that little girl from my time. How sad. > Kagome thought, nodding her head sympathetically. “Yeah, I have a bit of a gift for seeing ghosts. Now, why don't you want to get married? I think that you should be happy getting married.”
 
“I… I am happy, just nervous. Will he like me? Will I be able to go home? Am I just going to be a servant? What what what!” the girl was getting hysterical.
 
Kagome drew Kamiya into a hug (as much as you can a ghost) and began rubbing soothing circles on her back, “shh, shh, how about I come with you and I'll protect you if you get in trouble. You look beautiful and this is your day. And if things don't go your way, we'll make it. Now lets go and meet your future husband. More than likely, you'll love him and he will love you.” Kagome led the ghost out into the hallway, “where are you supposed to get married?”
 
Kamiya pointed her hand toward the back yard of the inn, “back there. I- I changed my mind. I don't want to get married!”
 
Kagome sighed and rolled her eyes, “its just your nerves, come on.” Kagome pushed the transparent girl down the hallway and past the host and hostess' room. Even with the silent steps of a hanyou, the hostess saw Kagome walk past the partially open door. Of course, she couldn't see Kamiya, so she decided to see what the young girl was doing up so late when she was supposedly asleep.
 
Kagome was too focused on the ghost-girl in front of her to notice a following. Or she didn't care. Either way, the hostess followed the hanyou and ghost outside, passing through a barrier between worlds going to the afterlife.
 
“I remember this place from when Inuyasha and I met the nothing woman. What a beautiful place to get wed.” Kagome gawked at the springtime flowers that never stops blooming.
 
“Wh-where are we?” the hostess spoke up for the first time, looking around and trying to pluck one of the flowers.
 
Kagome turned around to face her, “I'm glad that you decided to come to the wedding also, kamiya here needs all the support she can get.” Kagome gestured to the visibly shaking girl.
 
The hostess noticed the girl for the first time ever, “are you the girl that has been haunting the inn since I was a little girl?” the apparition nodded slightly and the hostess' knees buckled. She had never seen the ghost before in her entire life and only had guest's stories to go by.
 
The hostess nodded slightly and plucked a beautiful flower. “What an appropriate name: Kamiya. The Kamis only rivaled you with the most beautiful of flowers,” she put the flower in the girl's hair and stroked her cheek like only a mother would.
 
“Kamiya!” came a voice from the shrine beside the lake. The girls looked over and saw an older man in an orange gi (men's kimono) and yellow manto (cloak).
 
“Otou-san!” Kamiya waved back and ran on her many-layered kimono (no easy thing to do considering that the thing probably weighs more than her!).
 
Kagome and the hostess had no choice to follow at a trot. The father and daughter met half way and embraced. No telling how long since they had last seen each other. “Kamiya dear, where were you? We have been waiting so long for you. We were starting to get worried about you!”
 
“I was so scared, otou-san! But Kagome convinced me to come. I don't want to get married now. What if he is mean?” kamiya started to get hysterical again.
 
“Do not worry my musume (daughter), I picked your iinazuke (fiancé) from the best. I have known his family for years and he is a very good boy. Now it is almost time for the ceremony. Who are your friends that you brought?” he asked, snubbing Kagome's `revealing' clothing slightly.
 
“This is Kagome and, umm… the hostess of the inn that Kagome was staying in.” Kagome hesitated at the older woman wearing the sleeping yukata (short summer kimono).
 
The man waved his hand lazily at the two women. “We cannot have our guests wearing rags like that at a wedding,” and at that, their clothes were changed into courtly kimonos (I love the thesaurus, baby!). Kagome's inner kimono was yellow with a gentle orange outer kimono. And the hostess' kimono had a white detailing on the sky blue background.
 
At that, the now finely dressed party went into the shrine. “Gambatte ne! (Do your best!)” Kagome whispered to kamiya before kneeling down on a guest pillow.
 
(I don't know much about Shinto weddings, so don't send an inu on me! For some reason, every dog I meet hates me) a woman with graying hair hugged kamiya before she continued to the front of the shrine beside a kneeling man in a gi to match Kamiya's. He turned to her and helped her to kneel on the cushion to his left.
 
The houshi stood up in front of the couple and started the ceremony. “We are here to seal the contract of two families by having their children eternally bonded…” (I thought that sounded cool and that's what I think weddings for predetermined (I can't think of the word, its like your parents arranged for the children to marry practically before the kids were born.) couples should start like.)
 
The new couple shared sake by Kamiya tipping some into the boy's mouth and him doing the same. They stood up together and the houshi presented them. “My kanai (wife) and I wish to thank you for coming and to have a blessed life!” the blushing husband announced, gesturing to Kamiya. The last thing Kagome remembered were the families, the hostess, and herself clapping for the couple. A faint thank you came through the white mist as a hyper Shippou woke her up.
 
<Your welcome> “Inuyasha?” Kagome asked groggily as she brushed off Shippou and buried her head in her arms.
 
“Well, at least we know what she was thinking of when she slept!” Sango laughed, trying to cover her grin.
 
“Morning, morning, morning Kagome-okaa-san!” Shippou bounced on her back, keeping a lookout for any rogue hands (do I really have to tell who? =rolls eyes=).
 
Kagome yawned and cat-stretched, noticing that she wasn't wearing her tank top, but her inner kimono from her `dream.' <so Kamiya was real. I should have asked for my clothes back. >
 
“Lady Kagome, where did you get those clothes? I thought you were wearing clothes from your time last night,” Miroku spoke up.
 
“Ugh, I don't want to play 20 questions now. Can't I just sleep?” Kagome looked at the monk with blurry eyes.
 
“What's 20 questions?” Miroku asked, watching Kagome pull on the outer kimono that they had found her sleeping in.
 
She fingered the fall leaves pattern on the outer kimono, “20 questions is a game from my time from another country. And I got this kimono from a friend's wedding last night. Her father didn't want me to be there in my shorts and I guess I should have asked for my clothes back before I left.” All she got were blank stares from her companions and a morning rooster in the background.
 
“Umm. I guess I have to explain more to you guys. Here it goes: I went to a ghost's wedding in the between land where the ghost's ghost father gave me ghost world clothes. And you guys brought me back to this world before I could ask for my clothes back.” More blank stares.
 
“Okay! One more try: I help ghosts to a happy afterlife. A Shinto bride named Kamiya haunted this inn. She was too scared to go along with the wedding and died in this inn. She asks all the young women that stay in this inn to help her. I woke up and convinced her to get married to her ghost of a husband, who had died waiting to marry her. We both went to the between land and I met her ghost father. He gave me this kimono. Kamiya and her husband finally got married and they crossed over to the after life together with their families. I woke up with Shippou bouncing on me in these clothes. Does that make any sense?” Kagome asked, waving her hands around to emphasize her point. <Please, just nod your head yes and let's get breakfast> she mentally pleaded.
 
They nodded their heads slowly; <she's lost it>
 
<No, but I'll just ignore it>
 
<Huh? >
 
<Meow? (Am I the only one that believes her?)>
 
“Would it just be easier to say that the hostess gave these to me and took my clothes?” Kagome got a unanimous yes from her friends.
 
They walked down to the kitchen to find that the hostess was already cooking. “Lady Kagome! Did you sleep well? And can you come here for a moment and stir this pot for me for a moment?” she hailed from the fire.
 
Kagome walked over and took up stirring the rice, <sanity and someone who will believe me! > “Did you get to keep that blue kimono?” Kagome asked casually in a whisper.
 
“Yes, I woke up in it about half an hour ago and hid it before my husband woke up. And here's your coin,” it was slipped into Kagome's golden obi. “Was it real, the wedding I mean, or was I just dreaming?”
 
“It was real. I've been to the crossing lands before and I've also helped ghosts move on before. And Kamiya was easier than the last one I helped. She actually wanted to kill her younger brother and almost did it also. I'm glad I helped her move on.” Kagome gave a smile at the memory of Myou (I don't know how to spell her name).
 
“can you go to the between land whenever you want?” the hostess wished to see her deceased son and say a final goodbye to him.
 
Kagome sensed the woman's sadness and teared up slightly herself, “I wish I could. I can only go when there is a ghost with me, and then it is very hard to do. I am going to try to find my way there and back myself one day. I would like to see my chichi-oya again. Who do you want to see?”
 
“my son. He ran away several years ago and was killed in battle. I would like to say goodbye to him,” the hostess let tears drip off her chin, “how old were you when your chichi-oya died?”
 
Kagome was matching the hostess tear for tear and they had both sunk to the floor, “I think I was four.”
 
Miroku and Sango had stopped setting up the table and stood watching the two blubber. “do you have any idea what they are crying about?” Miroku whispered into Sango's ear. She had started to break down also, remembering her village.
 
“Everyone has lost someone in their lifetime. Some sooner or later in our lifetimes. They're just relating their stories after she asked Kagome if she could open the portal to the middle lands between life and death,” Shippou said solemnly, remembering his original parents. (sometimes Shippou can be mature, this is one of those rare times) Sometimes having demon hearing is a bad thing. He could also smell everyone's tears, even Miroku's and his own.
 
Kagome wiped her tears on a sleeve and stood up, “we should finish getting breakfast before we leave. Even with the family that we have lost in our past, we have a new family together. I guess you know a new thing about me today and have your curiosity satisfied for the day.”
 
<Kagome's right, she's my new mamma. I guess Inuyasha is my daddy. And Miroku and Sango are my aunt and uncle. Myoga is like my granddaddy and Kilala… Kilala is kinda like a pet or sister. I mean she can't really talk to the rest of us, but we can still understand her. I have a good family and they are good to me… most of the time (Cough. Inuyasha. Cough.). > Shippou thought as he sat in Kagome's lap and started on his sweet rice.
 
Okay! I went everywhere with that chapter! Just like a Greek drama! There was drama, laughter, crying, and Shippou actually being serious! (unlike practically any other time I type about him). I have some questions again.
 
Kagome's biological dad's name. Good guy.
 
2)Kagome's step-dad's name. (so far in my future chapters I've referenced to her step dad as him) and the step-dad is EVIL!!!
 
3)the black dog clan's Mon (crest). I know the white dogs Mon is the crescent moon because of Sesshy's forehead (yeah, that's the family crest according to me). I'm thinking of one of those stars that have 8 points that are in those Jerusalem scenes.
 
And F.Y.I.: my excuse for not updating for a week or more is that our phone line is fried because of my net habits and we had no money to fix it.