InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birth Marks ❯ journey to her father's lands ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow, the twentieth chapter! I know you have all heard this before, but I didn't think I would make it this far! And as one of my reviewers pointed out, I am now in the category of fanfiction novels. This is my Christmas/Kwanza/Yule/Chanukah/new years/ Chinese new year/ whatever-else-you-can-think-of holiday season gift! Enjoy! And this chapter is dedicated to Akina, thanks for your caffeine-induced ideas!
 
Chapter 20: journey to her father's lands
 
Last time: Inuyasha studied Kagome's face for a second before continuing, “Sesshomaru's had to bail your dad out in wars more than once since I can remember. If you think I'm reckless, Reichou and Raizen are worse. But at least they have the power to go with their attitudes. Nothing's serious with them and they think life is a big laugh riot. That's what an east castle life does to you, and that's why I like wondering better than politics.” Inuyasha closed his eyes for a second and continued, “if we run, we can make it to the castle by the afternoon tomorrow. That means no wimpy stops along the way.” And with that warning, Inuyasha turned his attention to the clearing outside and tuned out the pack.
 
This time: it was early, barely sunrise, and Kagome was ready and willing to go. The others were asleep still, but soon would awake because of the hanyou couple. “lets GO already! The sooner we get there, the longer I'll be able to find out about my dad!” Kagome was showing her feminine-hanyou strength as she `attempted' to `drag' Inuyasha toward the south-western lands. Inuyasha was now playing the role of a plow, with his heels dragging into the dirt to create two identical furrows of dirt.
 
“we're going to wait until the others wake up!” Inuyasha yelled, pulling Kagome back toward the hut. By this time, Shippou was awake and out on the porch drawing the humorous scene with his crayons.
 
“no! I want to go!” Kagome stamped her foot and tried to run for it.
 
“wait for the other's wench!” Inuyasha tackled her and pinned her to the ground, clearly messing up her recently brushed hair.
 
“don't call me that! And get off me!” Inuyasha noticed Kagome's black triangles and gained an invisible grin. Oh, yes, he didn't mind keeping her pinned, just… one more… inch…GOT IT!
 
Kagome gave an ear-splitting squeal as Inuyasha brushed the tip of her ears lightly. Just enough to send the sensitive fir into an overload of pleasure and… itchiness (yeah, that's what happens to me when people do that). Kagome's ears twitched quickly to get away from the teasing fingers.
 
She took a deep breath and let herself relax into the dirt to the effect that Inuyasha noticed that Kagome was flattening slightly and immediately stood up in fear of squishing his potential mate. Worry flashed briefly in his eyes as he kneeled down at Kagome's feet. Kagome took a deep breath then turned over and sat up, glaring at Inuyasha realistically (yeah, she's treating him like putty in her hands now). Kagome readjusted herself into a squat summarily to Inuyasha and continued the glare.
 
A momentary smirk was the only warning Kagome gave before she ran towards Reichou's lands. Of course she didn't get too far before Inuyasha shook off his surprise and pounced. “stay here!” Inuyasha yelled, grabbing onto her shoulders while the spell was taking effect.
 
“sit!” Kagome said in an automatic response, resulting in…
 
“momma! Momma! Look at what…I…drew?” Shippou came around the hut's corner, waving a piece of drawing paper. Now he was just standing there, his head cocked to the side, trying to figure out what in the worlds was going on. “umm…I guess you're busy soI'llcomebacklaterandshowyou,
bye!” Shippou ran back into the hut, his eyes threatening to fall out of their sockets.
 
“what's the matter Shippou?” Sango asked, looking up from her work on sharpening her kodachi (sword between katana and wakizashi).
 
Shippou sputtered for a couple of seconds before pointing out the door, “I… I don't know what they're doing, but I don't think its right!” Miroku and Sango looked at each other for a millisecond before racing each other out the door to see what had Shippou so rattled.
 
And there they were: Kagome and Inuyasha floating about a foot off the air in the most compromising, fully clothed, horizontal position that there was out there: they were foot to foot, chest to chest, head to head stuck to the other. And the only disappointing part was that their heads were close enough to be touching lips, but they were doing anything to avoid `it.'
 
Conversation Shippou missed:
 
“well, déjà vu?” Kagome asked with a dry chuckle, she was on bottom, again, but at least she wasn't underground this time.
 
Inuyasha groaned half in annoyance, half in trying to avoid instincts, and faced the opposite direction. “what the hell does that mean anyway?” Inuyasha whispered furiously.
 
Kagome gained a thoughtful look and dared to cast a glance at Inuyasha, stirring up foreign emotions in her gut. “ah… one of my aunts taught it to me a while ago. I think it means something like `hasn't this happened before' or `I had a vision that this would happen' personally, I just like how it sounds.” Kagome felt the spells on them weaken slightly and she tried to wiggle free.
 
Inuyasha immediately grabbed her arms and squeezed slightly, “don't do that!” he ordered in a gruff voice, this girl was just making the situation worse.
 
“hey you two! Aren't you supposed to be leaving? Or at least waiting until your wedding night!” Miroku called over, loosing his fight against laughing at the two `stuck' people. Inuyasha, who was facing the humans, silently promised that Miroku wouldn't die because of his curse.
 
Kagome felt something against her leg, and she was sure that it wasn't the hilt of Tetsuiga. “hey, are you okay down there?” Kagome shifted her hip slightly to make sure, “'cause you better not be getting hard down there.” Kagome whispered.
 
And then they felt Kagome's spell wearing off. One thought went through their minds before they came crashing down: uh-oh. Inuyasha's spell was still in affect, so when Kagome's spell let loose, they crashed hard.
 
“that had to hurt!” Miroku commented, as seriously as he could recovering from his previous laughter.
 
“shut up or you WILL get hurt!” came Kagome's muffled voice as she pushed, or at least tried to push, Inuyasha off so she could catch her breath from learning for the second time what a pancake felt like.
 
As soon as the spell released Inuyasha, he bolted for the cold waters of the lake, clothes and all. Hopefully, the cold water would shock himself enough to actually be able to leave with Kagome to go into another Inu's territory with his wits intact.
 
!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
 
later in the day, Inuyasha and Kagome were taking a short break by walking and admiring the uninhabited beauty of the forest. At least Kagome was admiring the view.
 
“trespassers! What are you doing in lord Reichou's lands?” a bass voice came, announcing the presence of a youkai guard.
 
Inuyasha gave a snort and stepped in front of Kagome. “I am Inuyasha-ooji (prince) and I have brought my alpha-female to speak with Reichou-sama (lord. You should know that if you read/watch anime) on business. Take us to him.” Kagome didn't realize that the inu-guard (hehe, guard-dog! Woof woof!) had motioned for them to follow and Inuyasha had to start dragging Kagome along.
 
Once Kagome had regained her composure, all three were running to where Kagome assumed the castle would be. “um, Inuyasha,” Kagome waited until the boy responded by flicking his hear into an `I'm listening' position, “that wasn't your style. I wouldn't think that you would use your title instead of fighting,” Kagome pondered.
 
Inuyasha sent Kagome a brief glance before responding, “believe me, I'd rather fight, but that would risk the peace treaty and one more war is not what we need on our hands.” Inuyasha landed on a branch, waiting for Kagome to land on the same one, and pulled her onto his back for a more private conversation.
 
“I didn't think that you could be civil Inuyasha (my thoughts exactly), now why don't you show it more often?” Kagome asked, relaxing her head to look over Inuyasha's shoulder.
 
“because I don't like it and I'm only doing this civilly so we don't get killed in the process. You still need a lot of training, pup,” Inuyasha pointed out in a whisper, also showing that he cared for Kagome.
 
Inuyasha felt Kagome nod as she studied the guard that was leading them, and hoped that he hadn't heard the end of their conversation. The guard was buff and had very dog-like features; especially his head. Kagome was reminded of an Egyptian god named Anubis. The god was the Egyptian version of the Japanese Enma: the judge of souls. Anubis had a jackal head and a human body, much like this inu-guard in front of them.
 
The guard had closely-trimmed fir that was black and faded into a very tan shirtless body. (authoress drools and shorts out keyboard. Oops) there was a wide decorative necklace and two crossing belts across his torso. He had on a black hakama with a gold belt and carried a spear with a spiked ball on the other end. All in all, not a bad looking fellow(not bad, NOT BAD? HE WAS SEXY AND SINGLE! At least I hope he's single).
 
About an hour later, the threesome crested a hill and caught their first glance of the castle; Kagome was speechless. “I…I…its beautiful!” well, nearly speechless
 
“welcome to Reichou's domain, and I am Jakkaru (jackal)” The guard waved his hand to encompass the valley below them. He looked at Kagome, giving her a critical eye. “And aren't you a little young to be alpha-female?”
 
“I… ah?” this was news to her. Since when was she an alpha-female?
 
Inuyasha stepped in front of the stuttering girl, “we're a relatively new pack: the Shikon jewel hunters, if you've heard of us. True, I am still part of the white pack, but I prefer traveling instead of a castle. I am leader of this smaller pack, and she,” Inu gestured to the girl behind him, “is the one that brought our pack together. Now, if I have answered your questions, we would like to see your lords.” Inuyasha brought his body posture up to an almost aristocratic positioning.
 
Jakkaru nodded and ran forward in the direction of the castle, leaving the hanyous to follow closely behind.
 
!!!!!!!!!!
 
Reichou, a relatively muscular inu-youkai, sat back against his gold-and-leather throne, yawning at yet another day of absolutely NOTHING to do; being castle-bound and all. “so, Raizen,” he looked over at the blonde demon that entered via hidden door behind the throne, “anything good happen?”
 
The shirtless war-youkai shook his head and collapsed down into a slightly lower-set throne of cast iron and black leather. “no, nothing except for an invitation from up north from Sesshomaru-sama, the pompous stiff jerk, inviting us to the annual ball. I hear that his human pet has been given his blood and is now his `adopted.' What a bore!” it was true, the two young lords were anything but aristocratic and even made Sesshomaru's younger brother look stiff. In modern terms, they would be loosely labeled as war-loving beatniks.
 
A knock came from the overly-large doors of the throne room, announcing the entrance of one of the guards. Reichou groaned, there went his `nothing happened today' luck. “who is it?” he called out, why did these throne rooms have to be ridiculously BIG!
 
The door creaked open just enough for a guard's head to pop in. it was Jakkaru, the newbie. “sir, there are two guests here to see you. Its Inuyasha-ooji and his bitch. Are you willing to see them?” Reichou could smell a female scent coming from the room spice with agitation after the request.
 
“willing, yes. wanting, no.” Reichou spoke up, then turned to his best friend and blood-bond brother (that's a mouthful), “no one wants to deal with an agitated bitch.” Raizen nodded, he couldn't smell as good as inu-demons, but he could sense the negative spike in one of the room's occupants.
 
!!!!!!!11111
 
In the waiting room.
 
Kagome had heard the guard's comment about being Inuyasha's bitch, “I'm not anybody's bitch. I'm my own person and I don't want to belong to him of all people!” Kagome faced the guard watching them and pointed to Inuyasha.
 
Or at least where Inuyasha was supposed to be. Kagome jumped when a pair of red-clad arms wrapped around her shoulders to calm her down. “ as far as youkai society is concerned, yes you are my bitch. You are under my protection, thus mine. And this is all for you when we could be shard hunting instead.” The guard, Jakkaru, came in and nodded for them to follow, “just remember, don't speak unless spoken too and I am right behind you,” Inuyasha pushed Kagome forward slightly so he was only in her peripheral vision, but kept his hand on her shoulder for comfort.
 
“…no, fifty silver that she's an old human hag and she's…” Reichou straightened and adjusted his black gi at the sight of the guest's entrance. Their jaws dropped at the sight of the ebon-haired beauty, “…beautiful.”
 
“I win, she's a demoness. And a beaut at that,” Raizen agreed, straightening up to show his toned body.
 
“I see you've managed to catch a good one, Inuyasha, if only your brother had your luck. What's her name?” Reichou waved his hand for the two to come closer. Kagome took a spare glance up at the two lords and then back down to the obsidian tiles.
 
Inuyasha pushed Kagome forward directly in front of the black-inu lord and stepped back, “its better that you ask her that yourself, Reichou.”
 
The lord gave a knowing smile and looked down to the girl in the green and orange kimono (Kagome changed to the skirt when they were waiting). “so, little one,” that struck a memory and Kagome looked up into his face briefly, “what is your name?” the inu in black gi and gray hakama kneeled in front of Kagome and put his hand under her chin to make her look up. “shy now, or are you always like this?”
 
Kagome shook her head no and looked anywhere to avoid locking eyes with her future father. “k-Kagome,” she whispered, almost too quiet to hear, “My name is Kagome.”
 
Reichou nodded and sat back down on his throne, “what brings you here, Kagome? And may I say that is a lovely name.”
 
Kagome blushed as the compliment before clearing her throat, “ah…” all this work getting here and she hadn't even thought of what to say to her father. “ah…”
 
“lets start again. What type of demon are you?” Raizen interrupted, seeing the nervousness in her posture.
 
“I'm black inu-hanyou,” she paused for a moment, daring to look up, “sir.”
 
The two lords looked at each other before Reichou took his turn, “there are not many black inus left, thoroughbred or not, where do you come from?”
 
“um…” Kagome looked over her shoulder at Inuyasha, whose face was currently not giving up anything useful, “its more like a when. I'm from 500 years in the future and was hoping to find out more about my dad's side of the family. But where, exactly, is a town called Tokyo in my time.”
 
Kagome could see Reichou's mind reeling under his thoughtful facade. With his fist under his chin, he studied the young girl's features, trying to determine if she was telling the truth or not. He had heard of a miko-turned-hanyou that was from 500 years in the future, but dare this be her? She certainly looked like what she was described like, except for her clothing. The miko was said to wear a hellishly short skirt and bared an indecent amount of skin. This hanyou was wearing a kimono and the only skin showing was her head, neck, and hands; even her feet were covered.
 
“and who, Kagome, is the one you call father?” Raizen asked, mentally going through the small list of black inus left. And none of the black inu males born in the next 500 years would be old enough to mate yet.
 
Kagome started shaking slightly, looking to Inuyasha for help. The only response that she got was a look that clearly said: your mess, get yourself out of it. Kagome took a deep breath that betrayed her next answer, “I have been told that you are my father, Reichou-sama,” Kagome let out, barely even audible to her own ears.
 
Bwa-ha-ha! I think this is a great place to stop, even though it's a bit short. A note to Tohru-Honda: welcome to the Inuyasha fan girl circle! I hope that you enjoy the show as much as everyone else! And if you have any questions, I most likely am able to answer them.
 
Merry Christmas to everyone and I have a live journal account at http : / / w w w . live journal . com / users / dark inu fan / (you know the thing, copy, paste, erase spaces, enter.) for those that do check it out, I have a question on the 23rd and I hope that you guys can help, thanks!