InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birth Marks ❯ dating? ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I know: `that was soo long, why don't you do that more often' right? My excuse is that it took too long and you guys were about to murder me for that. Oh, and by the way, I only own my own imagination. Sorry for not updating sooner, I had finals and I don't know how often I'll be able to update this summer because I'll be with my dad.
 
Chapter 27: dating?
 
Last time: Kagome carefully and tenderly took it out of the box to examine it closer. After looking to Inuyasha and back to the dagger several times, she dropped the dagger to her side and proceeded to jump into Inuyasha's arms and they both fell into a patch of lilacs.
 
“so, that means yes, right?”
 
this time: “yes, oh, yes!” Kagome exclaimed, sealing it with a kiss. If there was a redder thing than Inuyasha's face right then, it wasn't on earth. Inuyasha nuzzled her neck, taking in her scent, and hummed in pleasure.
 
“little brother! Little brother Inuyasha!” came a young voice, somewhere from the balcony.
 
Kagome stuck her head up out of the lilacs and looked around for the person calling Inuyasha. “that doesn't sound like Sesshomaru,” she commented, trying not to lose her balance as Inuyasha sat up to look out to the balcony.
 
“its Bunza.”
 
“who?” Kagome asked, realizing that she was straddling Inuyasha's lap and was hoping that her face wasn't as red as she thought it was.
 
“when I went to Totosai to learn how to break the barrier, I met a lynx pup named Bunza. He calls me little brother because he was there first to learn the same thing,” Inuyasha explained before noticing their… peculiar positioning in relation to each other. They both flamed red before Kagome stood up and went to collect the box and dagger from the dirt under the bench, carefully sweeping off the dirt that marred the dagger before slipping it into a sheathe that was under the presenting padding of the box. Then she quickly brushed off the last traces of lilac and re-setting her kimono.
 
Inuyasha waved at the kit and he waved back, disregarding the garden and bounding to his `ototo-san.' “you're here!” Bunza yelled in greeting, waving his hands wildly. The little kit jumped into Inuyasha's arms and gave his neck a hug.
 
“hey kit, where's your old man?”
 
“I'm not that old Inuyasha-ooji,” came a voice from behind them. The lynx lord came to a stop in front of Inuyasha and bowed in respect, “I apologize for the last time we met. I was not aware that you were related to Sesshomaru-sama or I would have treated you with more respect.”
 
Inuyasha cringed a little, not liking to be reminded that he was related to Sesshomaru-baka. “I dress like a commoner for that purpose. Did you want to talk to me?”
 
No, no, but who is this little vixen behind you?” he asked, seeing that Kagome had walked over and was holding onto Inuyasha's arm for support on her zori sandals.
 
“my Kagome,” Inuyasha defended, stepping in front of her slightly.
 
Lynx-sama gave a knowing smirk and noticed the dagger tucked into her obi, “and freshly chosen also. given up on Uwakionna, have you?”
 
Inuyasha looked like he had just smelled something foul, “I never even gave her a chance, Lynx-sama,” he quickly corrected, not wanting to be associated with that slut at all.
 
He held up his arms in a friendly gesture and smiled, “of course, Inuyasha-ooji. I wish the both of you long lives,” the lynx turned and bowed slightly, “my lady,” and left with Bunza.
 
“they seemed… nice,” Kagome commented, not knowing where the whole `hide behind Inuyasha around strangers' thing came up.
 
Inuyasha nodded, turning to his official mate-to-be, “I didn't think they would be here. The lords usually don't bring their children to things like this, especially where it would be easy to kidnap one for ransom…” he stopped, seeing Kagome's worried face, knowing that she was thinking of her `son' Shippou. “don't worry,” Inuyasha gave her an embrace (freaking her out completely), “Shippou is safe with Sango and the lecher… with Sango at least.” Kagome nodded, settling her head under Inuyasha's chin tiredly.
 
Inuyasha took the silent cue and picked Kagome up bridal style. It was getting late and the ball was coming to a close for the evening. Taking a leap, Inuyasha landed on the balcony overlooking the gardens and set Kagome back down so they could say their farewells to the others still inside. Inuyasha didn't have many people to talk to in the first place, so he followed Kagome around to the different demons, and the few hanyou that were there also.
 
One in particular caught Inuyasha's attention when Kagome stopped to talk to her. The demon, no hanyou he determined with another sniff from his distance, was blue. Blue hair, blue wings, blue clothes, and overall just blue. He stepped closer as Kagome pulled out her sheathed dagger to show the girl. “… how long are you staying, lady Kagome?” the girl asked, fingering the Celtic design in gold to match knot that was on the handle.
 
“I don't know…”
 
“we're leaving tomorrow morning, my mate has a playdate that she promised to her son,” Inuyasha provided, snaking his hand around her waist in a semi-possessive gesture.
 
“your son, but your so young!” Marina commented, confusion written all over her face.
 
“he's not really my son, yet, I still have to adopt him. His name's Shippou and he's a kitsune child,” Kagome fished out of her kimono a picture and showed it to her.
 
“wow, this portrait is so realistic, who painted it?” Marina asked, fingering the photo.
 
“oh, oops, ah, you can't find the painter anywhere if you tried, sorry,” Kagome realized her mistake and rubbed the back of her neck.
 
“the painter's from her lands. It wouldn't be worth the trip to go just to find that he isn't available,” Inuyasha expanded, giving Kagome one of his `we'll talk about this later' looks. Kagome nodded back knowing that she was in trouble.
 
“so this is Shippou, he's a beautiful child. Tell me when you plan to adopt him so I can send my blessings, with your mating also!” she remembered, handing back the dagger and photo. “when you want to send me something, or visit, I live south of the southern islands. `night!” she exclaimed, bouncing away to talk to another person that was still awake.
 
“'night,” Kagome waved her oblivious friend off before turning back to Inuyasha, “I'm going to have to get used to us being this close, won't I?” she asked, locking her hands behind Inuyasha's neck and swaying to the music that up until then had been background until then. Inuyasha growled in response and allowed Kagome to lead him to the center where they could dance without running into too many obstacles, animate or not.
 
A half-hour- and a couple dances- later, Inuyasha practically carried Kagome into their room and laid her on the bed. After a few failed attempts at undoing her obi, Inuyasha rolled his eyes and sat down on the bed behind her and carefully untied the mess of a so-called knot to free Kagome from the material's confines. “I helped haha-oya with her kimono when she was still alive. They haven't gotten any simpler in your time, have they?” Inuyasha asked, sighing in relief when the final knot came undone.
 
“no, but only some people wear kimono any more. Only at weddings and sometimes at festivals, but not that often,” Kagome shrugged off the top three layers in a sigh of relief, before realizing that she had another complicated knot to get through before she was free to sleep. Chuckling slightly, Inuyasha started on this knot as well without Kagome asking.
 
“they don't want these off, do they?” Inu asked, pulling the sash to emphasize his point. Kagome smiled back, mentally checking that there was, indeed, another sash tying her white yukata together. Together they took off the final layers to reveal the yukata that Kagome was going to sleep in and Kagome flopped down in relief on the bed.
 
“much better,” she sighed, curling up to her side in mock sleep. She really did feel much better, and lighter too, with the kimono off. A couple of seconds later, she felt an indent behind her on the bed. “hey, what are you doing?” Kagome asked, turning so she could see the other hanyou.
 
“getting ready for bed, what's it look like?” Inuyasha asked back, grinning like a Cheshire cat.
 
Kagome could barely peel her eyes off of his bare chest to answer, “ah… not in my bed, you aren't,” she said, but her mind said otherwise: `ohh, yummy! Who knew he was built under those baggy clothes? I did!'
 
“and why not,” Inuyasha leaned in to Kagome's face, “we are intended, aren't we? And we've slept in the same place before, haven't we?”
 
a blush blossomed as Kagome stuttered a response, “y-yes, but don't do anything! I-I still have things on under this!” she practically yelped, gesturing to her yukata.
 
“fine,” Inuyasha grinned, “you can't do anything either.”
 
Kagome's shocked face was priceless, she wouldn't dare! Then again… at least he still had a pair of pants on… “fine then, goodnight!” she said in a huff, burrowing herself into the plush covers.
 
“goodnight!” he said in the most seductive voice he had, sending shivers down her spine, before settling down on his side. After a few minutes, Inuyasha's breathing evened out to where Kagome thought he was asleep and turned over to face him instead of the side of the bed and started fingering a stray strand of Inuyasha's hair until she fell asleep. The fact was, Inuyasha's eyes were open the entire time and he reveled in Kagome's ministrations to that small lock of hair until he also fell asleep.
 
()
 
The next morning, Inuyasha woke up to the most beautiful sight in front of him. He must have turned over in their sleep, because he was now mere inches away from Kagome as her head rested on his chest. His arms encircled her in a light protective embrace while one of her hands was placed firmly on his collarbone. One hand crept up from the embrace to her ear to lightly play with the ear that wasn't flicking with each breath that he took.
 
`If only it could last all morning' was Inuyasha's thought as he closed his eyes once again to listen to her steady heart and breathing.
 
About an hour later, the treacherous sun started peeking in from the balcony windows and straight onto Kagome's eyes, causing her to stir. Inuyasha heard it first, her slightly quickened heart and breath, to signal her waking. “Mmm,” she snuggled under Inuyasha's chin while trying to block the sun out of her eyes. He pretended to be asleep, listening to what her reaction to being in their position would be. “Mr. sun, go away. Tell Inu-kun I don't want to get up yet,” she mumbled, turning her head back into the dark. At least she knew where she was, unlike so many times before. “that's what it is, green firewood…” Kagome sighed, relaxing as much as she could with the sun in her eyes, “what's mine…?”
 
`o…kay… that was off-topic…' Inuyasha thought, opening his eyes to stare down at the crown of her head. “umm… I don't know?” Inuyasha tried, if she was asleep, it didn't matter what you said, right?
 
Kagome pulled back, eyes wide open, “I knew you were awake, Inuyasha,” she drawled, struggling out of his embrace and out of the blankets.
 
Inuyasha closed his eyes tight, but it was too late, “no I'm not. See, I'm asleep,” he teased, pointing to his closed eyes. Kagome scoffed and rolled her eyes, walking over to her regular clothes.
 
“Are we going to have breakfast first, or are we going to leave without saying a `thank you' to your brother first?” she asked, slipping out of her yukata to reveal her binding and panties.
 
“breakfast first. But I've been meaning to ask, what are those things around your neck?” Inuyasha replied, letting the blankets pool around his waist as he sat up.
 
Kagome turned around partly and gave him a `are you that dense' look, “your rosary Inuyasha.”
 
“not that, the other things,” Inuyasha clarified, wincing a little at the tone she used with the word rosary.
 
“the jewel shards, the pawprint and… this,” Kagome held up a pendant that looked like a knot of gold thread. “it's a charm that my aunt gave me before I fell down the well. She said that it would get me out of trouble by calling… someone, I can't remember who, to defend me. I think it was a god or something that she named. Sorry, but it just has sentimental value to me, nothing else Inuyasha.” Kagome gave a feeble smile and put on her T-shirt before her haori. “well, lets go then,” came Kagome's more cheerful voice, holding out her arms for Inuyasha to approve.
 
He nodded and stood up slowly, letting his back pop back into place from spending the night on a soft surface. “like this,” Inuyasha joked, gesturing to himself in white hakama and nothing else. Kagome flamed red and turned to give him some privacy. “what, its not like you were staring at it all last night,” he continued, walking up to Kagome and his red robes. Kagome moved over to the polished silver to check her reflection, but noticed that her makeup from the previous night hadn't smudged at all while she slept, neither did Inuyasha's, weird.
 
“our markings…” Kagome started hesitantly, touching her forehead.
 
“what about them?” Inuyasha asked distractedly, adjusting his regular hakama.
 
“they're still there…why? I thought they would have smudged off or something…” Kagome tried to rub the crescent off.
 
“its youkai makeup. It lasts a while because of our youkai blood, but eventually wears off. Sesshomaru only has to touch-up his markings once a year, but ours will hopefully only last less than a month or two,” Inuyasha explained, looking in the silver also to eye his cheeks with a sigh, “mine will last until the new moon, but I don't know about you with turning youkai instead of human… come on, breakfast is this way,” Inuyasha gestured to the door, settling his rosary comfortably over his clothes.
 
Inuyasha led Kagome to a different room than the previous day's breakfast, but two meals were already there amidst the variety of flowers that seemed to consume the room. “its beautiful,” Kagome said in awe, looking around to see that it was a solarium.
 
“I thought you would like it. I asked Sesshomaru and he said I could use it for breakfast as his `engagement present' to us. Breakfast is getting cold,” Inuyasha stated the obvious as he sat at the low table.
 
There was nikuma and mochi, as well as some miso to start off with. “Mochi!” Kagome smiled widely at the pastry-style biscuit and place one on her plate after catching herself from almost devouring the entire thing in one bite. “heh, I guess that I should leave that for last, ne?” she asked sheepishly, grabbing some of the rice porridge to start off with to save her embarrassment.
 
“The food last night wasn't that bad, was it?” Inuyasha asked in a drawl, fishing a granola bar out of his haori that he had grabbed out of Kagome's yellow bottomless pit a.k.a. her backpack. Kagome gave him a glare and continued to eat her porridge. Inuyasha took a breath to catch the room's floral scent and caught a stray scent that he wasn't expecting. “uh-oh…”
 
“What?” Kagome asked, shifting into a more mobile position just in case.
 
“Nothing, just your cycle changed after you did…” Inuyasha said with a dusting of pink, looking anywhere but to the girl he was sitting across.
 
“Wha… cyc… oh.” Kagome looked down to her lap in embarrassment.
 
“youkai heat is less frequent and more potent than human heat. You'll be starting your heat in a couple of days, so we need to get home before you get attacked…” Inuyasha dropped off, both starting to blush more understanding what would happen.
 
“so, who will get locked up?” Kagome asked, coming to her own solution for the next… however long it took.
 
“you or the entire youkai male population,” Inuyasha tried for a joke, but failed miserably.
 
“so… last night…”
 
“no!” Inuyasha interrupted, understanding what she was asking, “yes? I don't know…” they fell silent for the rest of the meal, Kagome packing away the sweet to eat on the road.
 
“we should tell Sesshomaru-sama thanks for the breakfast, he's probably up by now,” Kagome commented, trying to pick up the conversation again. Inuyasha nodded absently, staring down a particular flower that was partially draped over the table.
 
The white magnolia caught his attention and, while Kagome was turned, he cut it free with his claws. “should we go now?” Kagome asked, oblivious to the moment in the making. Inuyasha nodded silently and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.
 
“a flower milady?” he said in a mock accent, offering the flower under her nose, startling Kagome.
 
“umm… sure,” she took the flower and tucked it into her hair, using the stem to create a waterfall-type hairstyle.
 
“lets go, before you decide to stay the entire day,” Inuyasha motioned, leaving Kagome to take a final look at the solarium.
 
Okay, that ending wasn't the best I could do, but I'm kinda in the middle of a writers block. I had finals and next week I'm going with my dad for the summer and I don't know when I'll be able to update next. Until next time, bye! dark