InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bitter ❯ Bitter Discovery ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 
This was written for the IY_themes community at LiveJournal. The prompt was “away” and the limit was 200 words.
 
Title: Bitter Discovery
Rating: T
Genre: Canon divergence- takes place after the defeat of Naraku
Characters: Sango and Kaede
Word Count: 200
Summary: Sango considers the words of the village women and wonders what wrong with her.
 
 
Bitter Discovery
 
It had been several weeks since Miroku had up and disappeared, and Sango was starting to feel the pain. So far she had been through denial and anger. Now guilt was beginning to set in, and she was sinking into depression. Kaede had sent Rin around to check on her a number of times, but she'd always sent the girl away, declaring she was fine and could take care of herself.
 
In truth she wasn't and was starting to think she couldn't.
 
She was lonely and she didn't want to admit it, but she missed Miroku terribly. She couldn't even cook breakfast right because it seemed like every morning she ended up losing it. In spite of that, she was getting fat, probably from inactivity. For all appearances, the village women were right - she wasn't suitable to be a wife.
 
She was startled when she heard a familiar voice.
 
“Sango?”
 
“Kaede?”
 
The old miko stuck her head through the door. “Are you all right?”
 
“Yes…” Sango sighed. “No. I don't know what's wrong with me.”
 
Kaede sat. “Tell me what's troubling you.”
 
When she finished Kaede nodded.
 
“What's the matter with me?” Sango pleaded.
 
“I believe you are with child.”