InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Black Velvet ❯ Chapter 9

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi everyone, I hope that you will like this chapter. And I'm sorry that you
had to wait for it for so long. So enjoy the chapter and write what you think about it. O_O ^_^
 
9.chapter.
The ocean was peaceful and mist fell down. In the mist was hiding a ship with black sails, and was swimming between cliffs, which were hidden under the water. Ship came out from the mist and in the air were flying song, which was singing by sailors. At the ship was rush, the sailors were doing their jobs. Two of them were cleaning the deck, few of them were climbing at the ropes and from yards and sails. Behind the rudder was standing Sango, the first officer at Ocean Velvet. She was beautiful woman with long brown hair in ponytail, her brown eyes were looking at the sea, trying to see any ship, which looks like Crimson. For a woman she was taller than is in custom. She looked in telescope, put it down and sighed. She wasn't the only one who was looking into telescope. Kagome was standing in ship basket and looking at the sea. “They have one day start, they can be everywhere, but,” She took down telescope, started to climb down. When she was at the deck she came to Sango. “We are changing the course.” Sango looked at her surprised. “What course? Do you have any theory where they are swimming?” Kagome smiled. “From the dock records we know how many supplies they took. It's enough only for the way to Tortuga.” Sango nodded. “It makes sense.” She look at the map, took sextant, calculated new course.” Kagome shout at the garrison. “ New course Tortuga!” looked back at Sango. “Can you handle this?” Sango nodded. “Fine if something will happen, I'm in my cabin.”
The ship started to turn and the sail were stretched and the ship started to swim faster.
 
Silver Hanyou's ship was followed by Crimson. Both of garrison were prepared for fight. Crimson swam near to Silver and swam on her left site. The windows for canons were opened and both of captains shout. “Fire!”Miroku came to Inuyasha. “Don't shoot, it's one of Kagome's ship. Inuyasha looked at him angrily. “I know, but she isn't at the ship, she wouldn't order something like this,” he looked back at the Crimson, “not after what happened.” “Than who is the captain of Crimson?” Miroku asked when one of cannon ball broke t he main mast. In the chaos no one noticed three ships of East India Trade Corporation. “Damn, I'll kill that bastard,” Inuyasha had Miroku threw across his shoulder. “I'm not use for situations like this.” Miroku said with little voice. Inuyasha put him down, when Miroku saw another ships. “I think that aren't her ships.” Inuyasha looked at the direction, what Miroku showed. “The Corporation “ he sighed. Three ships attacked the Crimson and Flying Hanyou, which was quite damaged from the fight with Crimson. The fight took only a few minutes of cannonade and Crimson and Flying Hanyou went on the bottom of sea. The captain of Safire, the ship of Corporation, lord Sesshomaru was looking at the prisoners with deadly look. “Isn't it my little brother here? What a pleasure that you come to visit me.” He smiled. Inuyasha was kneeling in front of him, because two sailors forced him to kneel. “Sesshomaru.” He looked at him with hate in his eyes the same as his brother has. There was no reason to doubt that they are brothers. “Are you still pissed at me because I'm Duke and you are just Lord?” he smiled. Sesshomaru came to him and hit his face wit fist. “That's not the reason.” Inuyasha's head hit the floor, but after few seconds he looked back at him, bud did one mistake because he looked into Sesshomaru's eyes. Sesshomaru had the ability to find any information from everybody, if he looked into their eyes and could control them. He smiled “So she is alive.” He looked at the sailors. “Took them into the prison. We are going back to the England.” He smiled at Inuyasha. “I hope that you will like Newgate.” He looked at the sea. “She will come to save you, I'm sure, and maybe him too. “ He looked at Jake. “But I'll be the winner.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
In the narrow streets of Tortuga were quietly running two figures in black capes. They stood in front of bat Black Feather. Sango looked at Kagome. “Tell me again why are we risking so much?” Kagome sighed. “I need information, that's all. Inuyasha didn't come to Tortuga and Jake too. I want to know where they disappeared.” They entered in and came to bar. Kagome gave to barman black feather. He covered it with hand, looked at the room then at Kagome, turned away, pushed the secret button on the wall. Kagome and Sango were followed him into the corridor reached the end of corridor and opened door and enter in the room, where Kagome's grandfather was waiting for them. He stood up and looked at them, Kagome took down the cape and Mousy smiled. “How many good pirates you killed before you came here?” He came to her and hugged her. “I know that my name or presence in Tortuga isn't wanted, but I had to come.” They sat down and Mousy poured wine into glasses. “I heard that you lost one of yours ship.” “Crimson” she nodded and drank some wine. “We need information and left Tortuga as soon as it's possible.” Sango said little nervous. Kagome glared at her and Mousy smiled. “I heard that Corporation will give 3000 pounds for your head.” He poured wine into her glass. “So the Crimson on the bottom of sea and Jake is traveling on one ship of Corporation to England. I think that he will ends on the end of rope in New Gate.” In Kagome's eyes appeared shock for while but then they changed into cold. “And Flying Hanyou?” “The same as Crimson.” Mousy was looking at her with searching look. “Aren't you worried?” “He deserved it.” she smiled. The same fate awaits him, if I'm save him. After all he stole my ship! “ Mousy shook head. “It's understandable, he is a pirate after all, and what pirates do? Stealing ships and cargo.” He smiled. “That's not funny.” “Tell me my child, what are you going to do? He helped you in the past many times, he don't deserve to die now.” She looked at him. “If I save him, no one will stop me and change my decision.” “Kagome!” Mousy stood up. “I don't remember that I taught you cruelty!” “You didn't, but life as you know, life isn't fair.” She took glass at the table and stood up. She started to walk across the room and looked like she was lost in her thoughts. “Who caught them?” she looked at Mousy. “ Maybe I can save them from New Gate.” Mousy started to laugh . “I think that it wouldn't be possible.” He picked up another bottle of wine. “Please answer on my question. “ “Lord Sesshomaru , and you know that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are more that rivals. On Kagome's face appeared confused look. “Maybe there is a way how to save them.” Mousy looked at her surprised. “Holy mackerel, why do you want to save them? You changed your opinion?” She smiled at him. “You know that you are great when you are trying to change another's opinions.” Sango stood up and with Kagome came to door. “Wish me good luck grandfather.” They left the room. Mousy was looking at the closing door. “Maybe you wouldn't die,” he drank wine, “maybe.”
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
They left Black Feather and running at the streets leading to the dock, where Ocean Velvet swam in, Sango jumped in sculler and Kagome was following her, when bullets flied above Kagome's head. “Go, don't wait for me!” she turned to her enemies and started to shoot at them, when she fired her last bullet, she jumped into the water and stared to swim under the surface. Sango was near the Ocean Velvet, stood up in the sculler, repulsed from the bottom of it and flied in the open air and caught rope and started to climb up.
Kagome was still swimming under the surface because her enemies were still trying to shoot her, but she was almost on the end of her breathe, she debouched for a while and breathe, and swam to the Ocean Velvet. Sango threw her rope and Kagome climbed up. “We are leaving.” Kagome was trying to catch her breath. “So we are going to England?” Sango looked at her very confused. Kagome leaned against the rails. “I don't have any choice, I have to save them.” “I thought that you want to kill Jake and now I hear from you that you want to save him.” She sighed. “I really don't understand you, but your wish is my wish.” Kagome smiled at her. “I didn't know that you are so loyal to me.” She looked back at the ocean. “I have to save Inuyasha to not only Jake. When they find out, who he really is, they wouldn't hang him, they will cut his head off. Poor Jake, if we don't save him he will hang on the end of the rope.” She looked at Sango. “You know he was only a servant, and if they will search in past they will find out everything about me. And I can't let them find anything for sake of my family.” She was looking at the sea mew. “And,” Sango gave her some time to think, but she was too curious that she had to start to ask again. “And what? Tell me,” she was looking at Kagome with big doggy eyes, “please.” Kagome laugh. “OK, ok I was just thinking about Sesshomaru, Inuyasha's brother, he wouldn't spare a hit when he has a chance. And like I know he hate Inuyasha, so maybe he already hag him. His title of duke wouldn't save him.” Above their heads the sailor in masthead was looking worried at the ship which was leading to them. “Captain strange ship without a flag is leading to us.” One sailor came to Kagome and gave her a telescope.” In the right captain.” She looked at the direction than at the west where were many storm clouds. “Are we going to fight?” Sango asked a little nervous. “No,” she was still looking into the telescope. “We have a new course.” The sailor and Sango looked at her in surprise. “We are leading to that storm so,” she looked at the steersman, “ninety degrees to left!” She looked at sailors who were on the masts. “Stretch the topgallant sail.” They started to work and Sango was looking at Kagome shocked. “We, we are leading to that storm? Are you crazy???!!” Kagome nodded. “But, but only a fool is going to swim into that storm” Kagome laugh. “Aye and you are looking at one. We have to run away, because I don't want to go to the London in pieces.” Sango went to the cabin and after few minutes came back with maps. “If we are going to change the course we have to go roundabout to England.” “Aye my good navigator. “Kagome smiled.”H jfdjfjdNVCMFHaHhHHHhHhHHhjkewwkjakewjeded
♫♫♫â&# 8482;«â™«â™«â™«â& #8482;«â™«â™«â™«â ™«â™«â™«
The wind was howling like a hungry wolf waiting on his meal, the thunders were crossing the cloud and waves were playing with Ocean Velvet like with nutshell. Kagome was behind the rudder and trying to hold the course. The main sail was ripped and the others were striking down by sailors. Sango was trying to reach the commander bridge where Kagome was fighting with rudder. When she already came to her, she caught the rails and was trying to stood safely. “Tell me again why was this the best idea??” Kagome looked at her and smiled. “Didn't you want to prove your sailing skills?” She dropped the rudder and ship started to spin. Sango screamed “We are going to die!” and caught the rudder.”You are mad! Crazy!” she was screaming at Kagome. She looked at her and found out that Kagome was standing firmly at the deck. Kagome started to laugh. “Aye, we are going to die, if you are not going to do right” She laugh madly. Her rain cloak was already wet and her hair and face were wet too and she was smiling at her.” You are doing a good job, Sango! Just hold the rudder stronger and now change to course ten degrees to right.” Sango nodded and one strong wave threw the ship to right, but didn't overturned the ship.” Ups sorry, my fault” Kagome laugh and Sango looked at her terrified. “Ok, ok now seven degrees to left or that wave will overturn us.” She started to walk away from Sango. “Hey where are you going!” Kagome looked at her above shoulder. “You are going just fine,, soon we will of the storm, so don't worry.” “But I don't know what to do.” “Just feel the waves and wind and everything will be fine. I'm going to dry myself.” “But you can't let me be her alone! Kagome! “ “Aye, of course I can! I'm the captain here!”
Two hours later they were of the storm at the peaceful ocean. Kagome pat Sango on the back. “Just like I thought, you did very good job.” She turned away and started to walk to her cabin. She looked at the ripped sail. “Somebody please stitch that sail and stretch the other sails!” She went to the lower deck and went to her cabin.
♫♫♫â&# 8482;«â™«â™«â™«â& #8482;«â™«â™«â™«â ™«â™«â™«â™«â ;™«â™«â™«
NewGate
“I don't believe that we are in the same cell.” Jake was walking around the cell. “What a coincidence, isn't it? Aren't you happy? You can enjoy my presence.” Inuyasha said ironically. “This is a joke of my brother.” He smiled and kicked away the bowl of disgusting prison food, which was in front of him on the ground. “Feh. I didn't think that I will end like this in New Gate.” Jake stood in front of him. “I didn't think that I will be in the same cell with you.” Inuyasha looked at him. “You wanted to kill me, why you don't kill me now? You can beat me with that bowl.” He started to laugh. “Very funny, but you will hang at the end of rope, so I don't have to do anything.” Inuyasha jumped from his seat, caught Jake's throat and leaned him against wall. “Do you love her, right? And she” he was looking at him with searching look “loves you?” He dropped him and sat back to his seat. “That's the reason why she don't love me?” Jake sat down on the opposite side of cell. “No she don't love me, but if you wouldn't come, she could love me. Why you came there? Everything was fine until you came.” He looked at his hands. “And now she think that I betrayed her.” “What do you mean by that she could love you?” Jake smiled at him. “ I was almost in her bed.” Inuyasha jumped again at him. “But nothing actually happened, your ship came.” Inuyasha smiled. “Really? I came just in time. And if she don't love you I still have a chance. I can't die here.” Jake smiled “calm down Inuyasha, nobody never flee from New Gate before, so sit down and wait for death.”
♫♫♫â&# 8482;«â™«â™«â™«â& #8482;«â™«â™«â™«â ™«â™«â™«â™«â ;™«â™«â™«
“Tell me again your crazy plan, please!” Sango was sitting in Kagome's cabin. “Holly mackerel, I don't know what you can't understand at my plan??” She shocked head. “It's easy, I , you and six men of my garrison will go to NewGate.” She again took from her table plan of prison. “This is our way in, Inuyasha's and Jake's cell,” she shoved cell at the plan, “and our way out. And” she took a deep breath “here are guardians. We will get in at 1a.m., we will take of guardians “she took another breathe “and we have only a five minutes to get them out from there.” She looked back at her. “Is it clear now to you?” Sango nodded “I think it's too risky, but if you want to save them, I'm going with you.” Kagome gave back the map into her desk. “Thank to God and Holly Mackerel that I still have some friends in New Gate.” Kagome smirked.
 
Later in New Gate.
Eight dark shadows were silently walking to gate of the prison. The side entrance was opened and in door stayed man in black coat. They came to them. “Everything is fine?” he whispered. “No one saw us.” The woman voice whispered and they came in. They walked trough the corridor, “No one know that you are here so be careful,” he stopped and looked at them, “now you have to go by yourself.” The leader of couple nodded and started to walk faster. At the cross road of corridor they split up. Kagome's men cleaned up the corridors of guardians and she had a few minutes to find the cell and let Inuyasha and Jake free. She came to their cell, her heart was beating faster, she destroy the lock and came in. Inuyasha was sitting in front of the door. “I knew that something is happening.” He whispered. “Don't sit there and stand up, we have to go” Kagome said and looked at the corridor than back at him. He stood up and walked to her. “It's good to see you again.” He went out of the cell and waited for her. She looked at Jake and narrowed eyes. “You don't deserve this, but I didn't forget about everything you did in past.” The couple walked away from the cell when somebody gave an alert. “Damn.” Kagome hissed “We have to run.” They were running but when they came to exit the guardians were waiting for them with guns ready to shoot them. “Don't shoot!” the cold voice said and behind Kagome and others appeared Sesshomaru. “Nice to see you again lady Kagome.” He smiled “I knew that you will come.” “Sesshomaru you” she draw sword and aimed at him, “I'm not going to give up to you!” Sesshomaru smiled. “You don't have to, I have plan with you, so I don't want you to be death, my dear.” “You don't have any plans with her!”Inuyasha snatched Kagome's sword and stood in front of her. “Little brother, don't start again, you can't win.” “Maybe I can” he turned to Kagome “try to escape” whispered “please.” “Inuyasha I came to save you, damn!” she caught his wrist , “If you think that I will just escape and don't fight, you are badly wrong.” She stood in front of Sesshomaru. “I'm really curious what kind plan do you have with me?”She smiled and aimed at him again wit sword which she took back from Inuyasha. Sesshomaru came closer to her, that spike of sword touched his chest. Kagome froze when he touched her chin and pull her face up to him. She was directly looking into his eyes. “I'll make from you my wife, just ass I had in plan in past, and it could work if that filthy Hanyou didn't come in my way.” Kagome hand with sword went down and tip of sword touched ground. “Kagome! What are you doing.” Inuyasha shouted, took a step to them, but spiritual force of his brother pushed him back. “What can we do?” Jake helped him to stood up. “Don't know yet, but if we don't hurry, Kagome will be lost.”
Kagome's POV.
“What happened to me?” she thought. She had never felt so empty like now. It was hard for her to understand what's happening. “Why I can't move? “ She heard her own voice from faraway. “It's because he has you in his power.” She saw like herself is coming to her. Woman all in black with mask in left hand and fan in right hand. “You really have forgotten me?” She shocked head. “Unbelievable,” on her face appeared smile, “but I'm here now” she gained now empty hand to her. “So take me back and remember who we are!” Kagome was looking at her with unbelievable look. “It's impossible, but you look like me. Do I know you?” She nodded. “Silly ask.” Kagome gained hand to her “so you and I we are” she smiled and saw herself like she is falling down from cliff to the sea and than “her” like she took Kagome up, “We are Black Velvet! Aren't we?” Their hands caught each other and they merge in one,
End Kagome's POV.
Sesshomaru was smiling at her. “You see that you can't fight.” Kagome's eyes were empty and like it that way. “She will be my puppet.” He thought but for one second he saw in her eyes flash. She closed eyes, on her lips appeared smile. “No, I can still fight.” Her hand rise up to him with sword. He wasn't fast enough and didn't dogged her attack, so the tip of sword scratch him on the left arm. She disappeared an appeared behind him again but he attacked her back. “I can barely see her moves.” Slipped in his mind. The wind started to blow faster. “Sesshomaru” her voice was cold, “this is my favorite wind technique, which teach me my grandfather.” She gained left hand and aimed at him. The blow of wind pushed Sesshomaru to the ground.” His knees touched the soil, “Look Sesshomaru how proud you were and now you are kneeling in front of me.” She smiled. “You are no match for me. How can you compare to me? I can kill you with one blow but I know what is a mercy, so let us go and I will save your existence on this world for little longer.” The guardians run away and Kagome looked at Sango, who was terrified. “Take them to the Velvet.” She nodded and she and others ran away from prison. Sesshomaru was still fighting with wind, trying to stood up. “Damn you! You could have everything you want and you chose him! Why?” I didn't choose him, I had to save him, because I owe it to him.” She took from her pocket bunch of dust and threw it. She disappeared in dust right in front of his eyes.
She was jumping from roof to roof, still confused about what happened and why she started to disbelieve in herself that time. She came to the dock and looked at Ocean Velvet which was swimming on the open sea. “Damn! They left me here again!” She went down trough the pier, threw the ladder, jumped down into the boat. She took the sculls and started to rowing. She looked at the ship. “They should wait for me. It remains me past, they always left me. Why I always stand behind??” She was rowing the boat on the open sea. “Hm I need rum. Where I put that bottle?” she started to finding the bottle in her big coat with so many pockets. She found the rum in 15 pocket and opened the bottle. She drunk the whole bottle and started to rowing again. She looked at the Ocean Velvet, which was already waiting for her. She managed the boat to swim near the ship an Sango threw to her rope. Kagome climbed up and when she was on the deck, Sango gave her a confused look. “Did you drink a rum Captain?” Kagome looked at her surprise. “How do you know?” Sango took a deep breath and started to shot at her. “I saw you in the telescope and you have a red nose Captain!!! Didn't you promise that you will stop drinking rum??” Kagome waved with hand in Sango's direction. “Ok, ok now I want to see the prisoners.” “Prisoners??” Sango looked at her already calmed down but now surprised. “Didn't you mean something different?” “Oh yes, yes I mean I want to see that two jerks, who were too stupid to stay safe.” Two sailors came to her with Inuyasha and Jake. “Aye” Kagome stood in front of them and started to walk “here are these stupid jerks. It's good to see you. So do you want to say something to me?” She was looking at them with deadly look. “No? I guess you should say something like thank you very much. And you” She stood in front of Jake. “If you are not going to apology just say something nice like “I didn't' want to steal your ship!! So lets count with me my dear Jake. First you stole my ship, second you didn't save my ship and you disobeyed me!! I can forgive you the last think you did but you have to pay me for Crimson and if you don't have enough money you have to work on Ocean Velvet, but not like a first officer, but like ordinary sailor. And you” she came to Inuyasha “you should thanks for rescuing not only your life but Miroku's too. My men found him in New Orleans at the slave market and escorted him to the Paradise.” Inuyasha looked at her surprised. “He is not dead?? Damn I thought that his dead is my fault. Thank you Captain Black Velvet, you took a big risk to try to save my life Kagome.” She smiled at him and gain hand to his face. Her fingertips touched his cheek. “I wouldn't forgive to myself if you die there Captain Silver Hanyou.” Her eyes was tender for a while but than went to cold again. “We will escort you to the Paradise so please don't do anything against my rules at this ship.” She looked at Sango. “Now you can insult me in my cabin for that rum.” She walked next to Inuyasha and went to her cabin. Sango instructed sailors and followed her.
“SO what are you going to do with him?” Sango asked and looked at the maps. “Don't know, I can't hurt him.” “Why you are taking him to the Paradise?” Sango looked at her came to her and caught her hand. “Sango don't you understand?? I want to be with him. I still love him, even I can't be with him like I want, I have to know that he is on the same island.” “Ok, Kags, I think that I understand. But now lets talk about rum.” Kagome smiled went to the cupboard and took out one bottle. “Aye we have to discuss it but no without it.”