InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blazing Hearts ❯ Chapter 30

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blazing Hearts
Disclaimer: Alas, I do not own Inuyasha or company; I merely toy with them for my own twisted amusement.
AN: So much for a few days, right?
Chapter Thirty
Shippo would be safe. He would be safe. And she would be safe. Everyone would be safe. She chanted this in her head over and over, hoping that soon she would believe it. With each time she said it though, it only made her think of what might happen if they weren't safe.
Staring in the mirror and frightened to death, she closed her eyes and left the bathroom. She looked at Inuyasha sitting on her sofa, gazing at her. “Are we going to talk about this now?” he asked her.
Tired eyes met determined eyes. Over three days had passed since Kagome had sent her son on a plane to L.A. and Inuyasha had still been left in the dark. The first night he left Kagome alone to prepare for Shippo's departure and then the following day he didn't ask her anything; spending the day making love to her and holding her as she cried. The third day he had attempted to talk to her, but she avoided each question.
Today he was determined to get the answers he needed and Kagome knew she had no choice but to give them to him freely. With a nod, she answered, “Yes.”
His tense body relaxed and he asked her, “Who is this guy? And why does he have you so scared?”
She dropped into the sofa. “You know… he was perfect,” she began, smiling a small wistful smile. “He was a doctor, he was a fantastic father figure—he loved Shippo so much. And he was good to me too… our love seemed to be indestructible. And then it changed so abruptly. He changed. Suikotsu… he's schizophrenic and a few years ago he killed a lot of people… he was known as `The Slasher'; it wasn't a creative name but it was the proper description…” she ran her hand frantically through her hair. “He tried to keep it from me, but I eventually realized it. I followed him and I saw—I saw him kill a woman. He tore her apart and then he came towards me… I thought that he was going to kill me—I knew he was going to kill me. And then he ran away… and I called the police. I'm the reason he was put away in an asylum… and now he's out. And I don't know what he's going to do.”
She began to cry again and Inuyasha pulled her into his arms. Cradling her in his arms as she sobbed, “How could that happen? He was perfect and I was happy! How could he change like that? How—how could he turn into a monster?? So quickly…”
Inuyasha rocked his love as she cried of monsters and let her story sink in. Suikotsu was a good man who became a monster.
The story scared Inuyasha. He wasn't frightened of Suikotsu, though. He was frightened of the monster that he knew he was capable of becoming without notice; the very monster that Kikyo had seen right before she had left him.
********
Time was passing quicker and Kagome had made her move before he made his. Naraku didn't care; she was making herself ready for the damage that would come soon. Suikotsu would soon become weary of watching from afar and he would confront them and kill Inuyasha. And then Naraku would arrive to save Kagome from Suikotsu's claws and destroy him.
Abi frowned as she looked at the demon. Naraku was a spider that needed crushing, but she wasn't nearly strong enough to do it. She would be stupid to try it and she knew it; gathering her notebooks and holding them to her chest she told him that she was going home—a statement ignored by her partner. It was no matter to Abi, however, as she left the building and walked down the street.
********
Kikyo hadn't expected to see the bird demoness at her door. And she wasn't eager to know why she was suddenly so popular with the monster society.
But when Abi told her of Suikotsu's return, Kikyo frowned and let the woman in. “Naraku ordered it,” Abi said. “He's obsessed with Kagome.”
“I know of his obsession,” Kikyo told her. “I shouldn't be surprised by this. And I don't know what you expect me to do about this, even if I warn her about Naraku she won't believe me. She never listens.”
“She already knows that Suikotsu is out, she sent her son away.”
Kikyo eyed her, “Then what is the point of telling me any of this?”
“I want you to confront Inuyasha.”
“Why don't you?” she asked. “Afraid Naraku will find out about your deception?”
Abi frowned deeply, “Right now, Kagome is extremely distressed. I imagine that if her lover realizes that that is because of Naraku and that I knew of it, he wouldn't take very kindly to me.”
“Why are you betraying Naraku?” Kikyo asked.
Abi paused before giving her answer, “He's insane. And he's arrogant. Because of that, he's doomed to fail and I will not be pulled down with him. Do what you will, Kikyo.”
As the demoness left Kikyo's home, Kikyo sighed. She grabbed her purse; she couldn't call as she would be ignored. She'd have to go to Kagome's home, if Inuyasha loved her cousin as deeply as he claimed, he wouldn't leave her alone
********
Everything was wrong. Life was wrong and she was wrong. All was wrong… so very wrong.
Mothers walked outside holding their children's hands and pushing baby carriages. Couples lovingly held hands during their daily walk. Father's laughed and puppies wagged their tails while he was inside Kagome's home. He had broken in; she still lived where she had when they were together. But she wasn't there… she was with him.
They were all laughing at him. Everyone and everything laughed at him.
Suikotsu glared at them all through the window, battling his own mind to keep from cutting them all apart. He needed it and he desired it… how he desired the blood spilling from his claws and the blood chilling screams that would come from his victims. He'd been free too long and he hadn't touched a single person. The doctor keeping him locked away, but now… now he would have what he needed.
There was a knock at the door. And he knew then who would satisfy his need. He opened the door and grinned as bronze eyes widened in fear as he pulled her in and shut the door. “I remember you, Kikyo,” Suikotsu grinned.
Kikyo tried to pull out of his grasp, but he threw her into the glass coffee table. She tried to scream but the air was knocked violently out of her lungs. She winced, “You won't… get her back this way…”
Suikotsu grinned a sick grin and grabbed her hair, pulling her up to him. “I'm not even thinking about her. You're the only woman on my mind right now, Kikyo.”
Without another word, he slammed his claws into her belly and she did scream then. She screamed and cried as he tore through her with an evil laugh. She was helpless. She was his. She was exactly what she needed to make things right.
When her screams died out, he knew his toy was finished. Disappointedly, he dropped her. Damn. He was too eager and had finished too soon.
Blinking, he looked down at Kikyo and frowned. Just as soon as he was disappointed for killing her quickly, he was disgusted with himself for losing control and taking another life. He stalked towards the bathroom and turned on the shower.
He stripped himself and stepped into the boiling hot stream of water and scrubbed himself vigorously until his skin was raw. He cried.
Surprisingly, I had meant for Abi to die in this chapter. I'm still not sure how it turned into Kikyo's death. And yes, I know I've said this before, but this will soon be over. I've been reading Inuyasha manga to get me back in the mood for this and watching Inuyasha on YouTube. Inspiration has been dwindling, but it's back now.
“Have you ever felt a knife cut through human flesh and scrape the bone beneath? - Phone Voice (Roger Jackson VI) - Scream 2