InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Feud ❯ A Creepy Feeling ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The night was young and the stench, rather, the aroma of fresh blood lingered in the frosty air. Not far from this place, a village burns to ashes. The slaughtered lay strewn across the blood-spotted ground. Men, women, and children; none were left to breath another breath; see another day; taste another meal. Nothing was left to rebuild. Nothing was left to ever prove that a village ever existed in that place. They stood in the midst of the flames, giggling as the flames dance around them.
 
“Another one bites the dust, eh?” She sniggered as she raised the blood soaked blade to her lips, smelling the freshness.
 
“Yes, another, the time has finally come.” Her partner grinned.
 
“The Shikon Jewel is whole once again. That swine, Naraku, was finally put to death.” The possessed ningen put her blade back in its prison.
 
“My foolish half brothers don't know what's coming for them, little do they know, their time has come. Their blood shall veil the blades that chose them. They shall die by their own weapon. My existence shall be known!” The youkai hoisted her sword in the air, red flames reflected in the only clean spots on it. They laughed hysterically.
 
“Inuyasha! Sesshomaru!” she lowered her voice to a chilling tone, “Prepare to die…”
 
 
 
Inuyasha sat alone atop the hill overlooking the village Sango and Kohaku moved in to. Sango wanted to finally live peacefully with her brother. She didn't want to fight anymore, but would if it was to protect him. Kagome was still down there, helping them settle in. Miroku had disappeared.
 
Inuyasha held the Shikon Jewel in his palm. He stared at it longingly. He pondered and pondered about it. Too many thinks rushed in his mind. With this…I could get…I could get Kikyo back…I could become a full fledged demon and…
 
He heard Kogome's voice. She was walking out of the dojo. I could become human and stay with Kagome…
 
“Having a hard time deciding, Inuyasha?” It was Miroku.
 
“What do you care, Monk?” Inuyasha retorted.
 
“Well, if you use that for what you used to want it for…Kagome is out of the picture. She's probably already planning to leave for her time and never return, with or without you.”
 
“Yeah, well…I'm not using it right now anyway.”
 
“You have felt it to?”
 
“Yeah, something still isn't right. Something feels unfinished.”
 
“This darkness I've been feeling, I think it's after you.”
 
“Me?”
 
“That's what I feel. Sango felt it too not long ago. There's something else out there; something that's a major problem.”
 
“That old woman warned me of it too. She told me not to use it yet.”
 
There was a short silence between the two. They just watched as Sango and
Kagome bustled about down there.
 
“I'm leaving tomorrow. I want to go live somewhere too. I am most likely to go to the village where my master lived. You and Kagome will be alone.”
 
“I don't need your help, Monk; I can protect Kagome by myself.” Inuyasha snorted.
 
“Good, I don't want to have to save Kagome from a deadly fate because you couldn't take care of her.”
 
“Ah, go on, Monk! I didn't ask you to come up here!” Inuyasha folded his arms. To bad for him, Miroku was already gone before he finished his statement. Humph! Good riddance!
 
He glanced back down. Kagome…she was all he felt he needed. He couldn't use the jewel yet; not if it meant putting her in danger. He would never do that. He had to protect her. He was going to protect her, even if it kills him.
 
 
 
It was rattling again. That was the fourth time today. The uncontrollable clattering of the Tokigen had Sesshomaru concerned. For weeks now did this happen, but never this many times in a single day.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru? Is it shaking again?! My, that's…one…two…the four time today! I wonder what's making it do that. Sesshomaru, do you know?” Jaukin asked.
 
Sesshomaru glanced down at the sword, “No, I don't.”
 
“You know, maybe it's from the Shikon Jewel. Now that it's back together again it is most powerful. You should steal it before Inuyasha destroys it. Then you can kill him and get the Tetsuiga.”
 
“I don't need that to kill him.” Sesshomaru's voice became spontaneously chilling.
 
“Er…”Jaukin decided to keep his mouth shut.
 
Sesshomaru looked up; the rattling subsided. I don't know what's causing this, but it's not the jewel. Something else is out here. I've noticed the indescribable dark aura that's been looming around. That must be what's causing it.
 
 
The night loitered on. The nerves of every being were frozen with an unknown fear. Everything was in danger. A dormant power now chooses to leaves its cave and stalk on the defenseless. A duo of blood thirsty murderers now rises to claim their rightful place as the most powerful youkais of their time.