InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Feud ❯ The Confession...Sort of ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

So…this is how it is…
 
The war…it isn't over…
 
There's something…something else out there…something bad…
 
I can feel it…it's clenching my heart…
 
I can't breathe…
 
It's so dark…
 
I can see…I can see it…
 
It's there…waiting for me…
 
It wants to kill me…It wants to devour me…
 
I'll loose everything…
 
My friends…
 
My life…
 
…Kagome…
 
I'll be a nothing…a never-existed…an unborn…
 
They'll…she'll…kill me…kill them…
 
I'll drown in my own blood…
 
I'll die…and she'll laugh at me…
 
They both will laugh at me…
 
I have to…I have to kill her first…
 
I won't let her do this…
 
I WON'T LET HER!
 
“I'LL KILL HER!”
 
Kagome dropped the plate she was holding as she entered the room where Inuyasha was sleeping. She stood there, scared to death at the look she saw on his face. It reminded her of when he was a full demon: red eyes…deadly fangs and claws…a monster.
 
He was sitting up bent over looking at the floor with his fists clenched so tight a needle couldn't squeeze through. His body was quivering, like something had scared him. Kagome reached for him, but at the sight of her hand, a female's hand, Inuyasha slapped it away without realizing it.
 
Kagome stepped back, frightened beyond the point of frightened. What is wrong with him? Why is he acting this way? Did I do something? Is he possessed?
 
“Inu…yasha?” Kagome askes innocently.
 
Inuyasha was looking at his open hands. His eyes were widened with shock. “Did I…Did I just…hit you…?”
 
He looked up afraid Kagome was not going to forgive him if he even tried to explain what had happened. He couldn't explain it anyway. He couldn't figure out why the sight of her hand angered him. His golden eyes had more worry in them than ever before.
 
Kagome stared at them, “No…you didn't…don't worry about it.”
 
Inuyasha knew she was lying, “Don't say that. I hit you. I hit you with my hand. I don't know what happened. I'm…I'm sorry.”
 
Kagome was still confused about the sudden evilness that seemed to possess Inuyasha, but she realized that he was alright now. She was thankful he wasn't really possessed. He would have done much worse than slapping her hand away. “It's Ok, really.”
 
She thought about the Shikon Jewel. Maybe that's what's doing this to him. I would want nothing more than to destroy that thing right now, but he refuses to use it. I don't understand. Does he still want to be a full fledged demon?
 
“Inuyasha?” She asked. He voice appeared like she was in a trance.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Do you still want to…?” She wasn't sure if she needed to finish. There was not telling what would happen. “Do you still want to become a full demon…?” Her voice seemed to fade and she looked away.
 
Inuyasha was surprised at her question. One part of him did want to be a full demon, but the other part wanted to be with Kagome. That part seemed to rule over him at the moment. “No, I don't anymore. If I did…you wouldn't stay by my side anymore and…”
 
Kagome was shocked at his words. She didn't know whether to take that as an `I like you' or not. But it felt right. She came closer to him. She knelt down beside him and wrapped her arms around him.
 
This feeling had Inuyasha quivering. He didn't know how to react other than returning the hug. Inside he felt relieved that she still trusted him. She was going to be there for him. That was all that mattered.
 
“Kagome…” He whispered.
 
This woke Kagome up instantly. She just wanted to comfort him. That was all. She felt strange for a moment though. “Yes?”
 
Inuyasha lowered his eyes and held her tighter, “You won't leave me, will you?”
 
Kagome was shocked beyond belief. She began to shake herself. “No…No, I won't leave you, Inuyasha.”
 
“No matter what happens?”
 
“No matter what happens.”
 
“Good…I needed to hear that.”
 
Kagome was relieved that he was feeling better. She was waiting forever for him to let her go. It appeared as if he didn't want to. But when he did she just walked out like it never happened. She learned not to take things that seriously anymore. It hurt too much to do so. If Inuyasha loved her, he would have told her then. He didn't, so she wasn't going to act like he did.