InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Promises of Old ❯ Forward ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~)O(~ Blood Promises of Old ~)O(~
"Grant me the eyes in which to see, A mind in which to understand, and feet in which to walk. Knowledge, truth, and understanding, gained on the path. When one sees with ones own eyes, and does at ones own pace.
Though the path I seek is long and hard, I know I'm not alone. For by my side stands my guides, who lights my path for me. So that even in the darkness of the night, I fear not where I tread."
Excerpt from 'Prayer of a Humble Warrior'
By: L. E. Birch
~)O(~
Forward


~)O(~
Rating:
PG-13 (May go up)
Description:

It has been 2 years since Kagome first fell into the well, and they are about to find out that a secrete prophecy written in the past foretold of events happening in Kagome's time. Toss in mysterious people with unknown loyalties and an evil force bent on twisting said prophecy towards its own hellish gain. Will Inuyasha and Kagome prove themselves worthy to complete the quest to save both the future and the past, and will they find out what this prophecy really is instead of what someone is trying to make it…?

~)O(~
I am only putting this here. I don't think there is really a need to keep repeating myself every chapter.
Disclaimer:

I do not own Inuyasha, Kagome, or the rest of the gang. I don't own Enigma, Evanescence, Hot Topic, or any other goods, services, or any other major products seen in this story.

I do however own Jasmine and her weapon 'Blood Thorn', Corwyn and his weapon 'Ace'. (My husband promises me a swift death if I let anything happen to either Corwyn or Ace… :s ) Also, I do have exclusive written permission to use Poetry by L. E. Birch.

~)O(~
Author's Notes:

The 'Twilight Syndicate' and the club 'The Basement' are both part and parcel to our (my husband and mine) imaginations. I don't claim to hold on either of the names, except I do plan on using the 'Twilight Syndicate' name again.

Also, yes, I know some people don't like the introducing of new characters. But lets face it. Almost every episode of Inuyasha brings new characters. Be them good or evil. We can't just keep sticking to the main characters… the story gets boring then. I can state with absolute certainty that no, this character is not based on me. But I will say that I used characters that I already was comfortable with. To make it easier for me to know how a new character would act at a certain situation. Jasmine and Corwyn are my own characters, as well as their unique weapons. Well, to be more exact, Jasmine is mine. Corwyn is my husband's character that he uses for D&D (he was originally an elven bounty hunter) and so they are completely owned by us as well as their weapons. (Had to stress that point or else my hubbie will not let me use Corwyn & 'Ace'.) The funny thing is, my son's middle name is also Corwyn. Can you guess where his name comes from? ^.^;

Inuyasha may seem a bit more open to Kagome's mother then one would tend to think. But this is 2 years after she first started going to the feudal age. I am figuring by this time, Mrs. Higurashi has gotten Inuyasha to feel more comfortable around her. After all it is Kagome's mother and she had to get her open personality from someone.

Also, you have to understand about Lord Sesshoumaru. He has lived through the years, so of course some of his views may have changed (if not his attitude). Time has a way of doing that to people, err, youkai.

PLEASE, Read and Review. I would like to know what you think about this. As I said before, "Don't just flame… explain!" If you don't like something, let me know. If you do, well, let me know that too. It helps to know if people are actually reading it. :)

Brightest of Blessings,
£ady ßan§hee 999

~)O(~

"The future is un-written;
The past cannot be changed.
The present is all that we can really do anything about,
So make sure to leave your mark.
But be sure to look to the future;
And learn the lessons of the past.
For blending them both for the here and now,
Helps guide you on your way.
One is not bound by the past,
Nor promised to the future.
One can only take it one day at a time,
And live for the here and now."

'Future, Past, & Present'
By: L. E. Birch

~)O(~