InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood-Red Eyes ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

And I'm back!!

And it's on with the show! I mean, um, Story!! Yeah!!

I still don't own them!!

Also, I realized that I didn't put a warning in my last chapter about violence and sexual situations. My way of thinking is that if someone sees the rating, and reads this stuff anyway, then they know what to expect. They know what this story's gonna have in it, and there's no point in warning them.

~~~~~~~~

Last chapter: Kikyou fired an arrow at Kagome, but Inu blocked it, only to have Kagome block HIM from getting hit! Now she's on the ground with an arrow in her chest, and Inuyasha's pissed at Kikyou. He stuck his sword in the ground in order to keep them from getting hurt, and turns into a full demon in order to attack Kikyou!


Ch. 2 Kikyou's Fear

Kikyou watched as Inuyasha's fangs lengthened, along with his claws, to razor-sharp points that could obviously slice through anything. She wasn't used to seeing this side of him, and found herself wondering if he would remember his promise to protect her. But then she looked into those eyes again, and a chill colder than her non-existent heart made its way down her spine. The color of his eyes told her exactly what he wanted at that moment. What he lusted for.

They were the color of blood.

Taking another step back, she watched as the former hanyou sniffed the air, then lowered narrowed eyes back to her face, the rumbling growl becoming a roar as he lunged at her, claws extended and aimed for her throat.

Kagome hissed in pain, clenching her teeth as Sango and Miroku worked to free the arrow in her shoulder. They couldn't simply rip it out in case they opened the wound more. They had all seen Inuyasha's angry glare, and the sounds and energy coming from him told them exactly what had happened. The Tetsusaiga was still in place before them, protecting Kagome, if not all of them. But would it protect Kagome from Inuyasha?

Shippou was busy crying into Kagome's stomach while Sango and Miroku slowly pulled the arrow from her body, applying pressure to the wound in order to stop the blood flow. But it wouldn't stop. It wasn't even slowing yet… It was taking too long…

Inuyasha snarled out his rage as he leapt for the woman who smelled of death. She looked familiar to him, but he didn't care. She had drawn blood on one of his pack. He didn't know who yet, but he could smell his pack behind him, and knew that the stench of blood came from one of them. His pack was an odd one, but it was still HIS. Each of those creatures in it was HIS. HIS to protect, HIS to avenge, HIS to mate with, and HIS to kill if it was HIS choice. And this was NOT his choice. Therefore, this woman would die.

With a roar of pure burning hatred, he plunged his claws into her throat, expecting soft flesh, and meeting with hard clay. Her body was frail and brittle, and broke easily when he applied pressure against her. He was even angrier with this, since he did not get the blood he wished. He wanted blood, dammit! She had drawn blood; therefore he wanted to draw blood from her. And she had no blood!!

Growling in frustration, he lashed out again, catching her low in her stomach with his claws and ripping up towards her chest. More dirt met his efforts, and he finally got tired of playing with the woman who held no blood. She was trying to fight back, he could feel the shocks from her miko energy blasting into him, but he didn't care. He was too intent on this kill. More than any other, he wanted this person dead.

After his fifth shock, he glanced away for a second, his hanyou mind starting to come back to him. But when he looked away, he saw where the blood was coming from. A very pale Kagome lay on the ground, blood still pouring from the wound where the arrow had just been removed. His vision blurred red again, and he turned his eyes back towards the dead bitch.

She could barely stand. She was leaning on her bow for support, trying to stay strong long enough for him to come back to his senses and realize who it was he was fighting. She had seen his eyes start to fade back to gold and white for a moment, until he saw her reincarnation, lying in a pool of her own blood, surrounded by her friends. Then those bloody eyes had turned back to her, even more evil intent in them than before. She was willing to bet even Sesshoumaru or Naraku would be frightened by those eyes.

He came at her again, knocking her bow from her hands and slamming her against a tree. She gasped out in fear and pain, surprised that he could move as fast as he did. No, she had truly underestimated him. In one last try for his sanity, she asked him a question that had always made him pause before.

"Do you care for that girl more than you care for me, Inuyasha?" She tried to raise her hand to touch his face, but it faltered when she saw the look he gave her. As the silence stretched on, she began to worry that her ploy had failed, and wondered if he could even speak in that form. Her thoughts were answered when he pushed his face directly before hers, his breath hot on her lips as he forced her to look him in the eyes.

"Hell yes, you undead bitch." Her eyes widened and she felt him grab the top of her head, still looking into her eyes with those blood-red orbs, and her vision turned slightly before everything went black.

When Shippou told them what Kikyou and Inuyasha had said to each other, Sango wanted to stand up and cheer, but she had to stop her best friend, her little sister, from dying first. As she pressed slightly harder against the wound, Miroku began to back away from them slowly, as did Shippou and Kirara. Looking up, the demon hunter saw what everyone else but her and the unconscious Kagome had.

After twisting Kikyou's head all the way around on her shoulders, her body had turned back into the dust and bones she was formed from, allowing the souls to be released, including Kagome's, which actually flew into one of her legs. But Inuyasha had yet to revert to his hanyou form. In fact, he was glaring at Sango with those red eyes, a low growl rising in his throat, as she still didn't move away from Kagome. Finally, he snarled for her to move, and moved behind her faster than she could blink. Then she felt it.

There was a pair of very large, very sharp fangs pressed against her neck, something she didn't understand, and so she looked to the only other demon in the group capable of speech. Shippou stared back wide-eyed, and whispered to her, "It's a submission hold. It means he wants you to listen to him. We only do that if it's a member of our pack or the like. If the leader commands something, and someone doesn't do it, he puts them in that hold to point out that he's the strongest, and that they have to listen to him. Trust me, just bow your head, go limp, and don't look him in the eyes. Dogs consider it a challenge if you look them directly in the eyes."

Sango nodded just barely, then closed her eyes and forced her body to relax, almost collapsing to the ground, except Inuyasha caught her and moved her away, carrying her to Shippou and Miroku, Kirara having already reverted to her kitten form in order to keep from presenting a threat to the angry youkai. The two humans and kitsune noted that Inuyasha's eyes were still red, still lusting after blood, but his use of the hold had reassured them that he considered Kagome and the others part of his pack, and after what Shippou had said Inuyasha told Kikyou, they knew he wouldn't hurt her.

And so, they were shocked when he lifted her pale form into his arms and leapt off, leaving them and the First-Aid kit far behind. And they all had the same question on their minds…

"Why didn't Tetsusaiga prevent him from reaching Kagome?"

~~~~~~~

Okay! For everyone who doesn't like Kikyou, ENJOY!! For everyone that does, Um…. Don't flame me?? Please review!!