InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood-Red Eyes ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hey there!! I was asked to respond to my reviewers, so here we go:

Paws: Yeah, I found this site… lol… And now, I'm up to chapter 10 on this story. And thanks!!

Jiece18: I'm glad you loved the story!

Applejacks: Yup, Kikyou got her ass kicked. She gets on my nerves with the whole "Turn-human-for-me-then-die-for-me-then-go-to-hell-for-me" attitude. So I went and bought the game, played as Kagome, and kicked Kikyou's ass tons of times. Then as Inuyasha, and Miroku, and Sango, and Naraku, and, well… you get the idea.

Brownilocs: Nah, Kagome doesn't die (gets hit in the head with a book for giving it away) OW!!

Rin_chan: See!! I'm answering!! I just never did it before because it takes time and space that could be spent on stories. (and right now, fixing my crashed computer!!! Noooo!!)

Moon_kitsune: cookie minions?? Are they chocolate chip or sugar?? Sometimes I eat choc. chip cookies when I need energy to write, so…

Cat: I updated ch. 10!! Guessing you're happy, huh? Lol!!

MommyRogers: here's more!

Little_bit_of_faith16: Yes she is, and yes she did!

Umi: Don't we all?? And yep, next is the `good scene'!

Tessa: Sorry I didn't finish it yet… and what's your fic's name??

Alildevilgurl^_~: THANKS!!!!!

Demon: lol... actually, I ended it there simply because I was tired that day… but I'll try to update faster, ne?

And on to your Next Chapter!!

And they're still not mine!!

~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha leapt from tree to tree, trying to find another clearing near water to wash the wound. He looked back down at the person in his arms, his blood-red eyes narrowed in thought as he tried to figure out why this odd-smelling human was part of his pack. He remembered a few things, but mostly just feelings. Protectiveness, respect, anger, sadness, fear, and one other that made him feel almost weak in her presence, which he knew was impossible. Him! Inuyasha! Weak because of a mere HUMAN?! Impossible!

Yet, that was how he felt. He didn't know this feeling, nor particularly like it. All he knew now was that she was a very important part of his pack and she was injured, and could possibly die soon. At that thought, a growl began again in his chest, making the girl's eyelids twitch. Hurriedly, he tilted his head back and breathed deeply, hoping to catch some trace of water.

Familiar scents permeated through his nose, and he filtered each one out. `Raccoon, grass, snake, rabbit, trees, blood, WATER!' As he switched to fly to his left, he focused on the scent he had purposely saved for last. Hers. The one that smelled so odd, not like a normal human's, and with a trace of his own scent mixed in. And yet, there was not enough of his scent to make him think he had mated with this woman. But why?

Quickly, he landed next to the small creek that flowed just to the left of a nearby clearing, and began to strip off her odd clothes, wondering what in the hell some of her garments were, like the one that covered her breasts. He considered taking it off, and when he smelled her again, he finally realized what was so odd about her scent.

"Magic. Very strong magic. She's very powerful, plus beautiful. She's a part of my pack, and yet I have not mated with her. Why? She is past the age to start searching for a mate." He would have kept thinking, but she began to shiver from the cold air. Growling softly in annoyance, he decided to remove the odd garment she was wearing. Unfortunately, he couldn't figure out how. A soft whimper from her made him see red again, and he simply slashed through the odd fabric with his claws.

Now he had a full view of her wound. It was directly above her left breast, as though someone had been trying to hit her heart, and missed. Eyes narrowed in concentration, the youkai cupped his hands and dipped them into the water, knowing that if he didn't clean the blood off of her, and soon, he would be tempted to taste that blood himself, and see just how much magic lay inside her body. He sat there, watching the cold water run over the injury, mixing with the blood still pouring, but slightly slower, and forming a more diluted form of her blood.

Finally, after watching the blood running down the side of her body to land in the grass, and after hearing her soft whimpers and whines at the pain of the wound itself, he decided that water wasn't going to be enough to clean the wound. At least, that's what he kept telling himself. But he knew the truth.

He wanted to taste that blood, and that body.

Looking up at her face, he grinned at the thought of how her blood would taste. He could already smell it; it was so thick in the air it was like a drug to him, pulling him closer and closer to the source. Leaning close enough to be able to touch her skin with the tip of his tongue, he breathed in once more, focusing solely on her scent. "Blood, water, magic, and flowers… she smells like flowers… but… she tastes like…"

Intent on finishing that thought, he lowered his head the rest of the way down and began to lap at her wound, running his tongue lightly against it. He groaned softly, his eyes closing partially as he tasted what he had lusted after the entire way here. He stroked her wound again with his tongue, making sure his saliva got into the wound, knowing that it, like any dog's saliva, would work as an anti-bacterial agent, cleansing the wound better than any amount of water could.

Smirking proudly to himself, he allowed himself to enjoy her, tongue moving continuously over her wound, one hand supporting him on the grass to her side, and the other resting lightly on her bare stomach. He continued to lick her wound, unconsciously flexing his claws against her skin, which was slowly beginning to warm up. Her whimpers came slightly more often now, but not in pain so much.

Curious, the inu-youkai sniffed at her again, only to be hit by a new smell, one that made him stare at her in a more appreciative way. `Either she's in heat, or I just aroused her by doing that…' Grinning, he leant down and stroked his tongue once over the wound. Another soft whimper ensued, and his smile spread.

He looked at the injury, and nearly growled in frustration. He wanted to mate with her, dammit!! She was an unmated member of his pack, therefore he was free to fuck her whenever he wanted!! He glared in annoyance at her, the curves of her body, the innocence in her face, angry at the seductive scent she was giving off, and that damned wound, which prevented him from doing anything. He may be a demon, and he may be new to this idea, but he knew one or two things about mating, and one was that you don't hurt your bitch unless she deserves it. And she was unconscious, so he had no right to hurt her.

It was while he was glaring at the wound in pure hatred that she opened her eyes and looked up at him. He noticed she had stiffened for some odd reason, and looked back up at her face in curiosity. He took in her fast breathing, her racing heartbeat, and her wide eyes as the smell of her fear wrapped around him, driving him even closer to insanity.

~~*~~

"I see." Miroku looked up at the ever-calm Kaede, wondering if she had been listening to half of Myouga's statement. He sure hadn't. He'd been busy worrying about his friend, too worried even, to consider the fact that his hand was slowly inching towards Sango's leg.

Myouga merely nodded. "Exactly. So long as his intent wasn't to harm her, then Tetsusaiga wouldn't stop him. It didn't perceive him as a threat, and she didn't fear him, so it allowed Lord Inuyasha to pass. And I doubt the young Lady Kagome is in much danger now. I believe it's safe to say that he cares about her, whether he acts like it or not, and in his youkai form he should retain some of those feelings."

*Slap* *OW!*

"But Myouga, usually in his youkai form Inuyasha just wanted to kill everyone. Why would that change now?" Sango looked at the flea now perched on Shippou's head to escape any more attacks thrown at the monk who was busy nursing his face.

"Well, I have a theory about that. Youkai are very possessive. They believe that once a thing, or in this case, a person, is considered THEIRS, then they get to have total control over what they do."

"You mean like when Inuyasha tries to keep Kagome from going home?" Shippou tried to look at the flea as he asked, but since he couldn't, he looked over at Miroku, who was now looking somewhat interested in their conversation.

"Precisely. He would feel, as a youkai, that Kagome is his, as she was the one who set him free, and has joined him as a companion. As a hanyou, these feelings are still there, just not as strong. But now, they will have intensified. But when I said that they control everything, I meant it. They even decide when others in their pack should be punished or even die. And sometimes punishments can be over the oddest things. But in any case, Lord Inuyasha would feel that only he had the right to kill Kagome, if he chose to. So it would be one thing for him to attack Kagome, but something completely different if someone else did, because no matter what, she is still his property, and therefore, to hurt her is to insult him. A bad idea for someone as quick-tempered as him."

Miroku and Sango merely stared in shock at this, but Shippou was trying to roll his eyes back and see the flea. "He won't kill Kagome, will he? Once, he turned youkai, and told her to stay away from him."

"I doubt he'd kill her. He may have warned her away simply because of the bloodlust, or it may have been the fact that the youkai in him would want to mate with her, since she is considered a talented miko, and a complete puzzle to him. A challenge. That and she is very lovely..." There was a collective sigh at this, and Kaede looked over to the monk and exterminator, noticing their worried expressions.

"If it makes you feel any better, don't forget that she still has the ability to subdue him." This seemed to cheer them up until Myouga spoke up again.

"Although telling him to sit might not be such a good idea, it might anger him." When he noticed all the glares he was receiving, he decided that one of the villagers appeared to be suffering from having too much blood, and leapt off after him, getting squashed by Sango's Hiraikotsu before he could make it out the door.

~~*~~

Kagome looked up at Inuyasha, who had the oddest look on his face, as though he was proud, but curious, and also, like he was angry, and in pain. But what worried her the most was the fact that he was a full youkai now, and Tetsusaiga was nowhere in sight. She knew what extended periods of time spent in his youkai form would drive him closer to insanity, and so decided to try something new that Kaede had been trying to teach her, hoping that it would make it possible for them to find Tetsusaiga before he decided to kill her.

Sighing softly, she brought her hand up to the place where Kikyou shot her. `Where is Kikyou, anyway?' Deciding to focus on it later, she concentrated on her wound, trying to block out the wondering look the red-eyed Inuyasha sent her. Reaching deep inside herself, she felt the power that came out occasionally in times of great stress. Releasing it directly into her wound, she felt the warmth spread around her injury, glowing a soft pink before fading away to reveal a perfectly healed shoulder and chest.

Then she realized that she had been looking at her NAKED chest. Her eyes widened, but she was too weak to bother trying to start a fight with Inuyasha, especially since he was a youkai. She glanced over at him, only to notice the strangest look on his face, and the surprise mingled with something else in those blood-red eyes.

`She healed herself? More powerful than I thought. And now there's nothing holding me back…' He began to grin wickedly, but noticed the way her eyelids were drooping. Biting back another frustrated growl, he watched as she looked over at him, smiling slightly before closing her eyes and falling back to sleep.

`I'm so used to him trying to kill me, this is better. I wonder why he's being so nice? And I wonder what he was looking at me like that for…' As she remembered his look, she began to feel an odd warmth pooling in her belly and between her legs. Her eyes snapped open in realization, and she turned to look at him, only to see him sniff the air and look back down at her, a wicked smirk growing into a full grin that made her wonder if she should be scared, or if she should be delighted.

Had she been able to read his mind, she'd have probably been scared.

~~~~

As you can tell, the next chapter will be almost pure lemon… Bet you're happy, right? Haha!! Well, please review!!