InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood-Red Eyes ❯ Chapter 5

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I know you missed me, but I'm back now, and with a new chapter for you! Enjoy!!

And I own nothing!! (Wait! I think I found some lint in my pocket… Does that count?)

(BTW: 'Kami-sama' is basically the same thing as 'God'. TY!)

~~~~~

Inuyasha groaned as the pounding in his head made itself known. Reaching up with one clawed hand, he began to rub at his temples, hoping to ease the pain. He wasn't even about to try opening his eyes yet, in fear of the sunlight causing the headache to worsen.

As the dull ache slowly began to fade, Inuyasha began to take notice of each of his senses, trying to figure out what was making him feel so… comfortable, so relaxed. `First sense? Sight. Oh, hell no. Sun's still out, and my headache's just now easing up. Okay, wait on that one. Second sense? Hearing. Okay. Um, soft, steady breathing. Nearby. The person's sleeping. Soft whimper, rustle of clothes and grass from the person moving… Third sense. Smell. Hmmm… I love this scent… this is like Kagome's scent, only there's something different about it. It smells kind of like me, and blood, and cooled sweat, and with something else in it that I can't put my finger on… Okay, fourth sense. Taste. Well, in my mouth right now there's a taste I feel like I should know, and it actually tastes a lot better than the blood I can tell was there earlier. Fifth sense. Feeling. Well, I feel warm. But it's not warm like when I'm just sleeping in my fire-rat fur… Ooh, breeze. Wait a second… I'm NAKED!! OKAY, screw the headache, I'm opening my eyes!'

Boy, was HE in for a shock! He opened his eyes quickly, wincing for a moment at the harsh light peeking through the treetops, then focused on what was in front of him, only to be greeted by black silk. No. Black hair. Blue-black hair, which could only belong to the same person who owned the scent that covered both his and her bodies now.

"…Kagome…"

He watched as she whimpered softly and rolled over to face him, burying her face in his chest. His eyes widened, as he took in her soft body, completely visible to him as she slept next to him. `Okay,' he thought, `We're both naked, and we smell like each other, plus we both smell like sweat, and she has the faintest scent of blood and something else on her…' His fuzzy morning-brain clicked and he almost leapt up from the shock of it. Slowly, as though to prove it to himself, he looked for what he was afraid was there, causing her to smell like blood.

`Oh good. The arrow wound is gone. But how?? And where's the smell of - Oh, Kami-sama… Please don't let that be what I think it is…' His eyes had landed on a half-circle of dark spots between her neck and her shoulder, where the scent of her blood was coming from, along with her clothes nearby, but this one scared him the most. He knew he had changed into a youkai, he remembered trying to help his friends by placing the sword into the ground, but… she…

`I raped her… Oh, Kami-sama, I raped her when I was a youkai… She's going to hate me… no… Oh, Kami-sama… I'm so sorry, Kagome…' He was actually feeling close to tears at the thought of her being forced by his youkai self. He knew she cared about him, but as what he had no clue. As a friend? A lover? A mate?

While he was mourning his loss of control, and her loss of innocence and trust in him, he failed to look up at her face and see the blue-gray eyes watching him worriedly, a nervous smile tugging at her lips as she tried to think of something to say.

"Good morning, Inuyasha." `Smooth, Kagome. You're both laying here naked, and he looks like his heart's about to just shatter, and all you can think of to say is `Good Morning, Inuyasha'? Brilliant.' She watched as he froze and turned his head to meet her gaze. He seemed worried, almost afraid, and she wondered what was wrong. Then it hit her. `He doesn't remember!! Oh no, he must think… oh, man…'

"Kagome… I'm so sorry… I don't know what happened, I just woke up and… I'm sorry, Kagome…" She watched in near horror as he began to cry, not sobbing, just a tear or two leaking from each eye. Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, holding him close and rubbing his back soothingly.

"It's okay, Inuyasha, calm down, you didn't rape me, it's okay… I couldn't have stopped you if I wanted to, but… I didn't want to, Inuyasha… I'm sorry… I'm sorry you were forced to do that. After you changed into a youkai, you fought Kikyou, and for a while there, I just drifted in and out of consciousness, and I finally woke up after feeling you um… licking the wound… You actually looked like you were mad, but not at me, and like you were proud, but also in pain and curious about something. And so I healed myself, wanting to find out where everyone was, and what happened. Also to find Tetsusaiga, because I didn't know what you were going to do. Then I noticed how you were looking at me, and um…" She stopped here, her blush covering her cheeks as she thought of how best to explain it. Inuyasha turned his sad eyes up to her, and whispered softly, "We mated."

She nodded, and watched as something unreadable passed over his face. "At first, you were just sniffing at me. Then, you were licking me. Then, you um… well, yeah, we mated." Her blush spread over her face and even her ears turned red as she began to remember everything that happened. As she remembered the feeling of his tongue on her, and having him inside her, though, her body began to react, and she felt the now-familiar warmth pooling low in her belly. Hearing a soft sniff from the hanyou in her arms, she realized that she wasn't the only one who knew of the effect of her thoughts.

He was trying to figure it out. He had mated with her. As a youkai, he had claimed her as his own, marked her, and most likely impregnated her. And yet she still held him, trying to calm him down. Did that mean she didn't hate him? And hadn't she said `I couldn't have stopped you if I wanted to, but… I didn't want to'? Did that mean… She didn't mind being mated to him for life? Didn't mind being the mother of his pups? Dogs didn't mate for life, but some demons did. Dog demons were fewer, since the natural dog instinct is there, but they were also known for their honor and loyalty, and if they got a woman with pup, or mated with her, then they were together for life. It was simply the rule. Which was one reason why he guessed Sesshoumaru was still unmated. He couldn't stand being with someone for that long.

A small smile tugged at his lips, and he drew in a calming breath, finally focusing back on her story, noticing when she stopped telling him what he had done to her. He watched as her blush spread, and smiled slightly, taking in another breath, only to have his entire body freeze at the new scent he was receiving from her. He sniffed lightly once or twice, trying to make sure it was what he thought it was, and felt her body begin to grow warmer against him, even the arms and hands on his back heating up slightly. Now he did smile. He was right.

She was being aroused by the thought of what he had done. Sure, it had been in his youkai form, but that just meant that she enjoyed it, and didn't mind doing it. And they WERE mated now… and if she didn't mind doing it the first time, then perhaps… just perhaps… she would let HIM claim her this time. Not his youkai self, but HIM, his hanyou self. And maybe, she might care for him enough to mark him, as well.

He looked at her and smiled at her embarrassed face, the look mirrored in her eyes, only tinged with something else he recognized as nervousness, one other thing, and lust. As his mind reeled at this, he finally realized what that one other emotion was that shown in her eyes at him. Love. She loved him.

Smiling, his heart swelling in love, delight and in just plain smug pride, he nuzzled her neck lightly, breathing softly against her skin. When she shivered slightly and the scent of her desire became stronger, his smile became a grin and he began to lightly lick at her throat, stroking her slowly with his tongue until he reached her pulse, where he began to suck gently. A soft groan escaped her throat, and one hand slid up to the back of his head, brushing her fingers through his hair before caressing his sensitive ears. Her other hand trailed down his spine slowly, resting against his lower back and softly tracing circles over his skin.

Slowly, he pulled away and leaned close into her face, their noses barely touching as he looked directly into her eyes. "Kagome…" He didn't know why, but he was whispering to her, almost as though he was afraid to find out this was just a dream, and talking to loud would wake him. "Are you sure you want to do this with me?" At her nod, he couldn't help but notice the feeling of love and acceptance practically radiating from her, mixed in with her not-so-subtle scent of arousal. "Why?" he asked, almost fearful of her answer. He hoped he was right in all of his guesses, but could only wait for her to agree or disagree.

"Because…" she whispered back, squeezing him slightly harder as she closed her eyes, afraid of what he might say back to her. "Because… I love you."

~~~~~

Don't ya just hate me?? I know you do, but you also love me!! Well, feel free to review!!