InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Yoshino Saito ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) Also I don't own the Wizard of Oz; I'm not sure who does. And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
Chapter Nineteen
 
The next morning as Sesshoumaru was about to wake `Kisa' the phone rang. So he decided to let the phone wake her for him. He picked up the phone and allowed it ring against her ear.
She jumped at the ringing that reverberated in her ear. Quickly she took in what was going on. “Sheep Gravy! Sesshoumaru that has got to be the meanest thing you've done to me!” she said as she snatched the phone away from him and answered it. The ring was so loud that she had to use her other ear.
“Get dressed. You have ten minutes to be in the garage.” Following that comment he left the room.
“Hello.”
“Hello Shirah dear.”
“You're in a good mood.” Shirah got up and started to rummage through Kisa's closet.
“And you don't sound too happy. Why don't you sound too happy?”
“It has to do with the way your brother woke me up.”
“OH, Inuyasha do something mean?”
“Not Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru.”
“Really? What did he do?”
“He put the phone to my ear while it was ringing.”
“Let me guess… the one in my room?”
“Yes.”
“Oww. That one's got the loudest ring in the house.”
“Why did you call, I need to hurry. So on the risk of sounding rude; tell me what you need quickly.”
“I called about `your' date last night.”
“Well Kisa I've only got a few minutes left. And I want details on that so; can I call you when I get home?”
“Of course. But what's the rush?”
“The play auditions are today, and not to long ago Sesshoumaru gave me ten minutes.”
“Oh, I better go then. Sesshoumaru is serious about auditions. He'll take you in your pjs if you aren't dressed by his limit.”
“That's nice to know. Bye.”
“Bye.”
She hurried and got dressed then rushed to the garage.
She had stopped running to open the garage door. Her fingers almost embarrassed the handle when the glistening knob was yanked away.
“You're late.” he said and dangled a shining sliver pocket watch in front of her nose.
“Only by a few seconds.” she replied a going a wee bit cross-eyed at the proximity of the pocket watch.
He flipped the guard of the clock face back up. “Get in the car.”
“Okay…” she walked around him. `Which car does he mean? Duh! The one that's running.' She joined her brother on the way to his car. `Oh wow! An old T-bird!'
There before her stood a Thunderbird made sometime in the 60's.
“Do you remember that, what did you call it again, `Death-Bringing-Junk-Heap-on-Wheels', I brought home from that auction almost a month ago?” he asked he good upbringing showed. He helped her into the beautiful car.
`No I wasn't here your sister was.' “This is that car?” She sounded she couldn't believe it.
“Yes, the people at West Pack Garage did a marvelous job. They restored her to her former glory. With a few improvements that I requested.”
“Is the paint that is on it the original color for this model?”
“This is not the original paint, nor what was on it before. As I remember it was a color that `makes it look like it was a school bus after is got in a compressing crash.' This is as close to the original they could mix.”
`Wow! I'm riding in a T-bird! It's been refurbished and had a few modifications,' she looked at the up to date, out of place CD player. `But still… My mom would be so jealous!' She grinned as they traveled through town. `She loved these things.'
When he turned off the engine they were parked at an abandoned school, its normal residents had left for the summer.
Once again Sesshoumaru was true to his upbringing and helped her out of the car.
When the entered the stage room a man in his mid to late 40's greeted them. “Ah Sesshoumaru, early as always.” He patted the younger man's shoulders. He then promptly released him as he took note of the frigid glare the silver haired man was giving him. Stifling a nervous laugh the jolly man with salt and pepper hair searched for something else to say, “Ah! Who is the delightfully delicate damsel?” The man slipped his hand around her fingers and was about to kiss her knuckles when her was yanked from his grasp.
“Yoshino Saito keep your hands off my sister.” Sesshoumaru gift Yoshino a glare that would kill a man that was not so used to harsh glares of doom.
“Of course, I would never touch your sister.”
“Good.” He grabbed two application forms from the table by the door. Then Shirah followed him to a seat near the stage.
“Sesshoumaru, what was with that guy?” she inquired after they sat down and he had handed her an application.
“He's Miroku's father. He taught Miroku everything he knows, including lechery. Keep away from him.”
“Is he the director?”
“Yes.”
She then looked at the sheet in her lap knowing she'd have to fill it out. It had some pretty weird questions. She prayed in her head she could fill it in right. This is how she filled it out.
Audition Information Sheet
Name: Kisah Nishi
 
Age: 18
 
Male/Female She circled Female.
 
Hair Color: Blond
 
Eye Color: Blue-gray
 
Weight:
 
Height: 5' 6” to 5'7”
 
Would you be willing to dye your hair? Yes/no Would you grow your hair if needed? Yes/no Would you cut your hair? Yes/no The first one she circled no and the second one yes. The last one had the answer of no.
 
If you are a guy would you be willing to grow facial hair? Yes/no This question was ignored.
 
If you are a girl would you bear my child? Yes/yes. Unseen before he had given her, her sheet Sesshoumaru had read threw it and had written quite a detailed and forceful threat that although short gives everyone who catches the words shivers.
 
Telephone number:
 
Address:
 
Are you married? Yes/no Again she circled no.
 
Measurements for costumes will be taken in two days, Monday, from 1 pm. to 7 pm. Be there.
 
Then the paper had some legal gargle. After the legal gargle it asked for a signature.
“Sesshoumaru what's our telephone number and address?” He told her and she filled them in. “Sesshoumaru?” she said again.
“What?”
“I don't know my weight.”
“There's a scale over there.” He pointed to a wall.
She looked at him a little weird, so he elaborated, “Saito always brings one. People come without knowing their weight too often.”
“Oh.”
She was about to see what the machine said when somebody said, “Ah. My dear you are the perfect weight. Less than a pin, more than a feather. Must be the weight of an angel.”
Shifting her eyes to the left she saw Mr. Saito crouched down by her looking at the number displayed on the bathroom scale.
“Don't even joke.” she said with a deadly glare, her voice was twice as deadly. “What does it really say Mr. Saito?” Her voice left no room for more lies or arguments.
He didn't like the way she was looking at him. It was like she could induce spontaneous combustion. So he told her the correct number and crawled out of her sight as quickly as he dared. He would live to flirt with less dangerous actresses.
`I wonder how many times he's used that line.' She thought with a laugh.
“Hey Sesshoumaru. Is it a good idea to sign this legal agreement when a pervert is the director?”
He looked over her paper before he answered. “Kisa, you spelled your name wrong. And yes you can sign it.”
“I did?” She looked and laughed. “You're right, I did!” She scribbled out the h with a self conscious laugh. “Better?” she said jokingly although she was serious.
He nodded at her and she signed her false name at the bottom of the page.
15 minutes after Sesshoumaru turned in their papers to the director, he wouldn't let her go near the man, the director decided to begin the auditions.
“Okay, let's get started. This is the scene you'll be performing.” He passed out small pamphlets. “Everyone is doing the same scene so I can judge your ability. Go over the part we will start in a few minutes.”
After what he considered a decent amount of time Yoshino started the main event. “I would like to welcome everyone here today. Thank you all for coming. This is a play my wife wrote while she was battling cancer, so don't fret if you're not familiar with it. No one is. Soon you and this play will be best friends. I am the director, Yoshino Saito. Don't be afraid to approach me with questions at any time. Well let's get started.” He pulled a sheet from the male and a sheet from the female pile. “Oh and don't forget the children's audition is tonight at 5:00. First off we have Sesshoumaru and MaryAnn.”
Sesshoumaru walked up onto the stage soon joined by a nervous looking girl. MaryAnn had dyed green hair in two shoulder length braids hanging besides her face. She took a deep breath, followed by another. Then she turned to Sesshoumaru and waited for him to say the starting lines.
Sesshoumaru uttered the first two words of his lines before the girl passed out at his feet. He carried the small girl off the stage and set her in a chair in the front row. It is there that worried people attempted to revive her.
“Oh dear. The pour maiden! But the show must go on. I'll set you up with a new partner Sesshoumaru.” The 40 something man reached once again into the pile and pulled out another sheet. “Kisa join your brother on stage.”
“Okay.” `Let's get this over with.'
15151515151515151515151515151515151515151515151515151515151515151 51515151515
Hello Everyone I am soOo sorry I didn't update on time. I had very little time with the computer while my family was visiting. But I did type up part of this chapter when I got some time. Please forgive me.
I hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you to everyone who has reviewed I really appreciate it.
Please Review. Write again soon.