InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Dancing with the Wizard of Oz ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) Also I don't own the Wizard of Oz; I'm not sure who does. And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
Chapter Seventeen
 
When Christopher came to pick up his date he jumped when all three boys rushed out the door pulling his date with them.
“Hey, hey! Boys, we need to lock the doors!”
Ginta ran back and locked the doors while the other two still rushed her to the car. Before they could say a tri-syllabic word all tree of them were in the crowded into the back seat. `Shirah' was in the middle.
As soon as Ginta entered the car Hakkaku honked the horn. Then yelled out the window, “Come on boy! Let's go! Food!”
Soon a dazed man sat in the front seat.
“Sorry Christopher, the boys think they're starving.”
He smiled and laughed. `That's okay. At least they're not putting me through the third degree again.”
“I think they plan on that after they eat. You know assure that they'll have food first.”
He laughed in reply.
Kisa's prediction was right. After they had food in their gullets they started to treat the boy to a third degree burn. In the mist of their questions Kisa posed a question of her own.
“When do we leave?”
He looked at his watch. “Soon. Well boys it has been fun but it's time for us to leave if we want good seats.” He helped the wolf-guarded princess up and guided her to the car. “You guys will be able to make it home alright wont you?”
“Of course.” answered Kouga.
“Okay then.” He joined `Shirah' in the car.
`Shirah' waved out the window as they drove away.
“Okay guys lets go.” said Kouga.
“Why?” asked Ginta before he stuffed more hotdogs in his mouth.
“Yeah there's still food here.” Hakkaku finished with a mouthful of, yep, food.
“We need to protect sister Shirah.”
“Kouga you don't do this with any of our other pack mates. Why my sister?”
“Because that guy tried to buy us off with food. He's obviously not trustworthy. And Shirah is only human; most of my pack members have demon blood.”
Ginta nodded, deciding it was better not to fight the leader of the pack. He stood and Hakkaku followed suit. Then all of them rushed after the car.
When they got to the rodeo grounds, where the play was being held, they had to buy tickets. Otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to enter. Once they bought their tickets they found seats in the rapidly filling arena. Looking across the packed, dirt floor to the other side and a bit to the left they saw their young pate mate and her date.
Kouga glared at the chivalrous actions of her suitor. Although it was a warm night Christopher had brought four extra blankets. And the other two to use as cushions on the hard, metal bandstand. The other two as a precaution in case they got cold.
(Okay everyone should know how the Wizard of Oz goes so I'm not going to explain it.)
As soon as the lights came on people were gathering their things. Soon enough files of people were exiting the outdoor stadium.
The boys had escaped as soon as the play was over, a few minutes before the lights came on.
After about three minutes of sitting around the Abbot house Kouga had to work at not worrying. He tried to calm himself with the fact that they had only left around ten minutes ago and if Christopher did the speed limit he wouldn't be here yet. Even if the man sped it would take at least another 12 minutes.
20 minutes later, Christopher had gone the speed limit; `Shirah' was being walked to her door. Kouga growled as he secretly watched them out the window. The fiend had pulled a small pick daisy look-alike flower from nowhere.
Again `Shirah' was amazed at the trick.
Then the man descended the stairs and entered his car. He waited for her to open the door before driving off into the night, with a sigh.
Earlier that day when `Kisa' returned to the Nishi household she tracked down Sesshoumaru. He was still in the study.
“I'm Back.”
“I see. Go to bed now.”
“What? No welcome back? No how was your trip? That's not nice.”
“I have never been accused of being nice. Now go to bed.”
“Aww. You're no fun!”
“I've never been accused of being fun either. I'm not going to repeat myself again.”
“You're used to having your every command obeyed, aren't you?”
“Kisa…”
“I know, I know, go to bed.” She smiled at him. “You're just lucky that long ride wore me out. See you later Sesshoumaru.”
She then left her grouchy `brother' alone.
As she passed by the door to Inuyasha's room, she was suddenly engulfed in a hug of massive proportions.
“Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!”
“Nice to see you too Inuyasha.” she mumbled through the red shirt that was trying to suffocate her. “Well your shirt anyway.” She then tapped him on the shoulder. He pulled away just enough that a bee doing aerobatics could get through. “Inuyasha, humans require air.”
“Oh, sorry.” He blushed lightly at his actions.
“It's okay. You are very happy to still have a girlfriend, I understand.” She straightened her clothes after he had set her down. She got a smile on her face and a weird glint in her eye. “Inuyasha I know how you can finish repaying me.”
Looking at her he got an `Oh no!' feeling. He tried to turn and escape into his room but `Kisa' caught him.
“It's not that bad. I just want you to bring me my supper when it's done. I've been banished to my room again.”
“Oh. I can do that.” `That's not near as bad as I thought it would be.'
“Oh, and if I'm asleep when you come, please wake me.” `I haven't eaten since breakfast, I snuck out before lunch.' she thought to herself. “Thanks Inuyasha.” She started to head for her room when she thought of something else to say. “Inuyasha, you had better thank Sesshoumaru too. He's the one who let me go.”
That night Inuyasha received a surprised look when after taking his barely awake sister her meal, he thanked Sesshoumaru. The dinner table sat in a stunned quiet. Until Sesshoumaru returned with a near silent, “You're welcome.”
The food must have given his sister energy cause when he went to turn in early Inuyasha heard the radio going and his sister having a private ball. He grinned and shook his head as her listened to her trip over her feet. `I thought she took dance lessons for three years. Well she did stop at 13 and that was a while ago. Maybe she's forgotten.'
A few hours later Sesshoumaru made his way down the hall to his room. He heard the music and dancing in his little sister's room, and he decided to step in.
I reply to his knock Shirah danced to the door and opened it.
“Kisa get in bed.”
“Aw.” The girl suddenly misplaced the smile that had been on her face seconds ago. “Don't be such a spoilsport Sesshoumaru!” A song Shirah loved, but was unfortunately a little slow came on the radio and gave her an idea that made her blush. Though it was embarrassing she for once decided to act on it. She thought he'd turn her down. “I'll go to bed right after this song… IF you'll dance with me. If not I'll stay up for another few hours.”
“Fine.” He stepped into the room grabbed his `sister's' hand with his own and placed his other one at her waist.
She looked up at him with some fear written on her face. His briskness belied the anger he was suppressing. She hesitantly rested her unoccupied hand on his shoulder; she hoped that wouldn't set him off.
He looked down at his dance partner and noticed the way she shrunk away from him. He also saw her frightened face as she looked over his shoulder.
He shifted his senses to behind him and came up with nothing for her to fear. When he returned his attention to her she was looking at his with the scared rabbit look contorting her face. She apprehensively moved her eyes and face so she wasn't looking directly at him.
`She's scared of me?' He thought over the way he treated her when he entered her room. He had been unnecessarily ruff. “I'm sorry. I have no excuse for the way I treated you just now.” He's thoughts if she could have heard then revealed the truth, `I'm stressed and Jaken only makes everything harder.'
“It's okay. You know you're really intimidating when you are angry.” She studied his face just before the song ended. She moved out of the perfect dancing stance he had kept her in and turned off the radio.
“You've had more work to do since dad left huh? It seems to me you need to take some brakes. When you get frustrated, or tired, or whatnot go do something else for a little while. Go exercise, take a nap, or read a book, anything you enjoy. When you get back you'll be refreshed, and ready to deal with it. And you won't have so much stress. No work, no amount of money is worth sacrificing what you want, your heath or your family. `I hope you learn that now Sesshoumaru. Don't end up like my dad.'
`She sounds almost like my mom before… No I won't think of that.' “Get some sleep Kisa. You have to get up early to go to the audition.”
“'Kay. Night Sesshoumaru”
“Good night.”
`I wonder what play we're doing.' she thought as she fell asleep.
11281128112811281128112811281128112811281128112811281128112811281 128112811281128112811281128112811281128
Okay I know this chapter is late, but I've been sooo busy! Please forgive me. I may have a little trouble updating next month I have family coming from a few states away and they are staying with us. This will make it hard to update but I will try to get one out for Christmas and hopefully before then. Cleaning, making presents, finishing a quilt with my mom. All are things I have to do before they get here. So the next chapter will probably have wait until after they get here. Although I'm usually in charge of keeping the kids out of mischief in my family that's near impossible I will do my best. Look forward to it. Thank you. Happy Late Thanksgiving `all!
 
Oh yeah! This chapter is dedicated to my friend KiraDelano. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
 
I will no long be replying to reviews unless it is a question that needs to be answered or if you catch something that made the story (or parts there of) hard to understand. Thank you.
 
Thank you all for reading and thank all my reviewers you really brighten my life! Like a big bucket of…. ICE-CREAM! Or POCKY! Yum! Hehehehehe!
Please review. Bai-bai!