InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Near Break Up ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
Chapter Seventeen
 
With Kisa's doppelganger
“Those darn boys haven't let me out of my room all day!” huffed Shirah as she sat back down on the bed.
She had once again tried to get out the door after Kisa's phone call. But they had Jaken puppy guarding the door.
`There's got to be another way out of here.' she thought as she sulked on her bed.
She looked out her window. `If a demon can escape out of that then so can I.'
Jaken squeaked as warm air rushed at him from under the door. “Mistress? Are you alright in there?”
“Yes Jaken. I just opened the window.” `Thank goodness there's no screen. Where did it go anyway? Did it never have one? Oh well my good fortune.'
She sat on the windowsill with her legs testing the roof. Her fear of heights had her nearly frozen.
She quickly adjusted to the slope of the roof. Carefully she walked on. “I hope none of the shingles are lose.” she whispered as she grew more confident that she would make it to a room Jaken wouldn't see her com out of.
She opened the window to the room across the hall from Inuyasha's. And could hear an argument.
“…I can't believe you stood me up yesterday Inuyasha!”
“I told you 10 times my sister was sick yesterday.”
“I finally agree to go out with you and you don't even call and cancel! I bet you went to see that ex of yours again I'm never going to agree to go out with you again!”
“Kagome wait!”
“If you're not going to bother to show up for our first date then maybe we shouldn't date!”
“No, Kagome…”
“SIT BOY!!!”
With that there was a huge thumping sound, followed by softer yet equally harsh ones.
Once Shirah could no longer hear the angry woman she went to try and find Inuyasha. There was something on the floor, nearly in it. A UFO if you will. (Unidentified Floored Object.) It groaned and started to sit up. `Kisa's' eyes widened when she realized that it was her `brother'.
“Inuyasha!” She rushed over to help him. “What happened to you? Are you okay?”
“Kisa?” His ears drooped. “I really blew it.”
“No, you didn't! You had to take care of me. I'm sorry I made you miss your date.”
“You didn't do it on purpose.” He sulked into his room and quietly shut the door.
“Inuyasha?” she asked as she tentatively peeked around his door.
“What Kisa.” he replied blandly.
“Thank you for being there for me. It means a lot to me that you would stay here to take care of your delusional sister, when you could have gone and had fun on your date.” She hugged her `half-brother' awkwardly because he was lying on his bed looking all depressed.
“I'll make this better. I promise.”
To lighten the mood before she left Shirah confided in Inuyasha. “I don't remember much from yesterday but from what I do remember… you must have had a hard time. I'll talk to Kagome and straighten this out for you. After all we can't let Mr. Kitty be sad.”
Then she left to track the elusive Gentleman Dog. `Where would he be? When you don't know where Sesshoumaru is, ask Jaken!' She walked back to the room she had so recently made her daring made her escape from. She grinned when she found Jaken dosing against her door.
“Jaken?” She nudged him. “Where's Sesshoumaru?”
“In the study.” he yawned as he glanced at her. “Have a good day Miss. Nishi. I must get back to keeping Miss. Nishi in her room.”
“Good luck with that.” Then she was gone. Laughing all the way.
She retreated to the study before Jaken realized that the person he was supposed to be guarding was the same one he had been talking to. To bad she didn't know he fell right back to sleep.
“Mmm. More caviar please.” he huffed into the floorboards. He's have a dream about fish eggs; this could take the whole day.
Meanwhile `Kisa' was uncertain about knocking on the study door. `What if he sends me back to my room or worse? Be firm. No turning back. Here we go.' Knock. Knock. Knock.
“Enter.”
“Sesshoumaru?” She steps in. `Be brave he's suppose to be your brother. Not some cute guy you've only just met a few days ago.' She straightened her shoulders and walked to the chair he was… Well it wasn't quite relaxing but it wasn't his normal stiff pose either. `This is probably the closest he's gotten to relaxing in years.'
“Yes Kisa? Explain to me why you are out of bed.”
“Because it's daytime, I'm not sick and I'm not tired. And I needed to thank you for taking care of me yesterday. You really came through. Thank you.”
He blinked at her. “Your welcome. Now go back to your room.”
“Certainly. But first I need to go save Inuyasha's love life.” She hurried for the door.
“Halt.”
“Yes Sesshoumaru?” She gave him a smile that could only be classified as a hopeful smile. And yet didn't fit in that category.
He was stunned his sister had never used a look like that, not even when she was pleading with their dad for something. It was always a puppy dog pout. This look said she would be completely crushed if he told her no. He looked at those big bedazzled gray-blue eyes, on that sweetly smiling face.
“Take Billy-Joel with you.”
Her smile brightened. “Okay.”
As soon as she left the room he knew he'd been duped. `How long has my sister been hiding that will-crushing doozy? And where is Jaken?'
A few seconds later conveniently after `Kisa' had left the house, there was a crashing sound in the hall. `Oh, there he is.'
“My lord, Kisa is gone. This lowly toad deserves no mercy as I have lost your sister.”
“Jaken.”
“Have mercy my lord!”
“Go get me some iced lemon juice.”
“Huh? Y…Yes my lord?” Jaken immediately stopped kowtowing and ran to the kitchen.
`I'm so stupid!' thought Jaken. `How could I have talked to her and still let her get away?!?'
Sitting in the back of a light orange muscle car, she never bothered to find out what kind it was, next to Billy-Joel. He was the same man who confused her for his boss's daughter to begin with.
A man whose nametag claimed he was Lenny Marvel was driving.
`I thought my parents were strict. Kisa's parents' took her driver's license with them on purpose!' She then went on to think where she had hidden her own driver's license. She had folded the clothes she had been wearing when she came; her driver's license was in a back pocket of her jeans. Then she put a nice satiny shirt over them and completed it by placing some cute figurines on the top. All together it looked like a small stand with a tablecloth.
As she looked out the window and wondered where she was. She had never been to a place where the homes were quite so big. Her father was in the upper middle class. So these people had to be in a lower rich class to a very, very rich class, like the Nishis.
“That's Sango's palace.” said the driver nodding to a building they were now heading for. Lenny, she had found called every home that had three or more rooms in each direction and more than two stories high a palace. Every block on their way to Sango's, he nodded to at least one mansion and named someone that meant nothing to her.
Instead of letting Billy-Joel ask for Sango and Kagome, Shirah leaped at the chance to stretch her legs and went herself.
A young maid answered the door.
“Is Sango here?”
“No she and Miss… Emm…”
“Kagome?”
“Yes. Went to Natural Springs Spa.”
“Thank you.” Shirah turned to leave.
“Wait, who are you so I may inform her you came by when she gets back.”
“No need. I plan on going after them.”
“Wow!” The maid being young was quick to forget her place, not that Shirah minded. “You must be a really good friend if you travel for two hours just to help Miss. Sango cheer up Miss… Uh… Kagome! Who are you? I must know your name!”
“Fine. I am Kisa Nishi. Pleased to meet you miss?”
“Shelly Standard.”
“Well goodbye Miss. Standard. Maybe we'll meet again.”
`Two hours! Why couldn't she be here like Inuyasha thought she was?' She got back into the car and informed the driver where their next destination was.
With Kisa
Kouga stared in to the mirror. Okay so he was gawking at it in a horrified manner but still he could not take his eyes off himself.
“How could you do my hair like this!”
“I think it looks nice.” she said trying hard to hide her humored look.
“You put it up in a blasted halo!”
That's right Kisa had braided Kouga's hair into an angel's halo.
“I'm not keeping it like this.” he warned. He tried to find the concealed end. After a frustrating minute he added, “Even if I have to cut it off.” His tail drooped farther at the thought.
“Alright I'll take it down. I just wanted to see how it would look. While it does look good on you, it just doesn't fit a strapping young man like yourself.”
She undid the lovely braid making sure she retrieved all of Shirah's bobby pins. Then brushed his hair out. This time she completed a simple braid. Once she had tied off the end with deep blue scrunchie she let it fall to his back.
“There you go. Now I've got to finish getting ready for my date.” She got up and went to rummage through the clothes some more.
“By the way he invited you, Ginta and Hakkaku to the bonfire we're having before the play.”
“I'll be there. I'll tell the guys for you.” Then he left.
Two and a half hours later with the one posing as Kisa.
She stepped out of the car and stretched her legs. `Boy am I glad to be out of that car, at least I got to get out when they stopped for gas.'
Shirah smiled as she remembered the fit Kisa's body guard Billy-Joel through when she got out of the car at the gas station. `He must take his job seriously.'
After entering the building `Kisa' stepped up to the receptionist.
“May I help you?” asked the receptionist who had obviously been doing this too long. She had a bit of an attitude. Mostly she was bored, reading a poorly written action book and chewing on gum like a cow with its curd. She didn't even look up.
“Yes. I'm looking for two teenaged girls, Kagome and Sango, with their respective last names of course. Can you tell me where they are?”
“I'm sorry company policy states that without a court order no one may go see the guests. As this is a place of rejuvenation.”
“What!?!” yelled the man at her side. “Do you know who this is?”
The lady finally looked up. “Nope.”
“Why this is…”
“Billy-Joel that's enough, I'll handle it.” She turned back to the receptionist. `Time for a little acting.' “Miss Brown, the future happiness of two people rides on whether I can see Kagome right now.”
“I'm sorry but…”
“Miss Please! My brother is so desperately in love with Kagome. They recently had a spat and she left angry. He's in a hole of despair without her. You see the cause of the spat was his love for her. He wants to marry her and so he's been a little secretive about where he was yesterday, he spent the whole day with me. I was helping him pick the perfect ring. But since she left after that fight he's heartbroken. He's going to leave the country in two hours if she doesn't stop him. Please let me see her!”
Miss Brown eager for excitement and proud to be able to help in such a noble cause leapt from her seat and quickly tracked down where the girls were on her computer. “Follow me.” Then the woman in her mid to late twenties led her down a hallway and straight to where the girls were relaxing.
“Stay out here.” commanded Shirah both Billy-Joel and Miss Brown. “I'm sorry, I lied.” whispered the 19 year old as she passed the receptionist.
“What!?!” she tried to stop her but it was too late.
“…made up some sob story about how his sister was sick and he had to take care of her. What a liar!”
“Yeah scum-ball! You're better off without him.” agreed Sango.
“Are you sure about that?” questioned Shirah through the smog of the steam room.
“Who's there?”
“I'm sorry to disturb you guys.” Shirah stepped farther into the room. “But I had to set things right.”
“Kisa!” they both voiced their shock. “So he did lie!” yelled the sobbing girl in continuation.
“No.” `Kisa' sat next to Kagome. “He didn't lie, I was sick yesterday. After I woke up this morning I found out I'd lost an entire day to feverish delusions. There were only three people who I responded to with good reactions. The doctor, Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha. The doctor had to go take care of her family. Then an emergency came up at work so Sesshoumaru had to leave. Someone had to be there to give me my medicine. The only person left was Inuyasha. Please give him another chance. And forgive me, I didn't mean to keep Mister Kitty from his date.”
“Why should I believe you?”
“Because I wouldn't have tracked you down this far, if it wasn't true. Inuyasha looked so hurt when I left that if he had of told me that someone died I'd have believed it.”
“Are you sure?”
“The only thing I'm more sure of is that he loves you.” nodded the blond.
“Okay. I'll give him one more chance. Do you think he'll be able to make it Saturday?”
“I don't know. I'll see if I can find out.” She peeked out the door.
“You!” screeched the banshee waiting for her outside the door.
“Heh-heh! Opps!” Grinned the young woman from behind the door. Shirah was about to shut the door again when the worker gripped her arm catching some of her hair in the process. The lady pulled her angrily out for behind the metal barrier.
“Ow! Let me go!”
“You lied to me to get in here. I'll have to turn you over to security! Come with me!” fumed the lady as her hand tightened. Dragging her back down the hallway.
“What are you doing to Miss Nishi!” Billy-Joel rushed to the struggling pair. “Let her go!” He pulled them apart. “I'm going to talk to your manager about this.”
“Oh dear. Leave them alone Miss Brown.” Sango stated calmly.
“Yes. I'm glad she came.” Kagome added.
An old man came down the hall and he did not seem too happy. “What's all this racket about? This is a place to relax. The guests come here for peace.”
“Are you the manager?” asked the other man.
“No, I'm the owner.”
“Even better. Your employee attacked my charge.” He gestured to the two women.
“Billy-Joel stop. It was my fault sir. I tricked your employee into taking me to see Kagome and Sango here. You see I needed to talk to them.”
“Miss Nishi…”
“No more Billy Joel.” She went back to addressing the grey haired human. “I'll be leaving soon I just have a little more to do.”
“Take your time.” He turned to hiss quietly at his underling. “You attacked the daughter of InuTaisho Nishi!”
While he spoke the last sentence. `Miss Nishi' asked to borrow her protector's cell phone.
“Of course Miss Nishi.” He retrieved his phone. “But Miss Nishi you're bleeding.”
“What?” everyone but Shirah and Billy-Joel said.
Shirah just looked at the rapidly forming burse on her upper arm. All but the last two nails were protected by her sleeve. The two that had been touching her skin had broken it. “So I am.” `That's going to be sore for a while.' Then she flipped open the phone and scrolled through the numbers. She came to one called `work' and pushed send.
The blood leaking very slowly out of her arm caused a new wave of quietly growled treats. The boss was ticked at the thought of losing a potential wealthy customer.
“Hello Sesshoumaru, may I talk to Inuyasha?” There was a long pause. “What? Tell him if he wants to know what Kagome said he needs to talk to me now.” Another pause, shorter this time. “Hello Inuyasha.”
“Hold your horses Inuyasha. Your Kagome has decided to give you another chance. She wants to know if you're free Saturday.”
“Yes!” was heard blasting from the phone. “I'm free! Even if I'm not I'll drop my plans and be there! Oh Kagome I love you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”
“Uh, Inuyasha, Kagome's standing right here. She heard every word you just screamed.”
“What!?! Oh no!”
“Can I talk to him?” whispered Kagome and she reached for the phone.
“Sure.” `Kisa' whispered back.
“So you love me huh Inuyasha?” Kagome directed the question to the hanyou on the other end of the phone call.
He immediately stopped cursing and couldn't speak past monosyllable sounds, like ah and uh.
“Say yes you moron!” yelled both Sango and Shirah at the communication device.
Inuyasha was blushing so hard that the phone in Kagome's hand was starting to turn red.
`Don't blow this Inuyasha!' she couldn't hear what he said but the look on his love's face conveyed the message. Shirah shook her head sadly. `Inuyasha you idiot!'
After Kagome hung up Shirah confronted her. “You know he really does love you. He's just scared. Not that he will admit it.”
10311031103110311031103110311031103110311031103110311031103110311 031103110311031
 
Happy Halloween! Well technically Halloween has been over for nearing an hour. But oh well. This is my special treat to you. An extra long chapter. Now no one can say I didn't give a treat for Halloween. I'm even wearing a costume right now, I'm wearing bunny ears and tail with a bow tie around my neck pushed over to the left side. Along with a shirt-dress-thing and pants. Someone thought I was 14 today (without my bunny part of the costume on, no I'm not actually 14.) so I am a 14 year old bunny demon or bunny girl whichever. Sorry it took so long.
 
I have some good news and bad new since that happened last time I updated. I passed the test I took. Yay! All those tests, the test was a battery of tests, I passed! Tah-dah! I've hit a road block on my friend's birthday present, I am running out of time. So in my very little spare time I will try to both write and find or make her present. This believe it or not is somehow classified as good news. But considering my bad news this is good.
 
The BAD NEWS my grandma was put in the hospital Sunday with colon cancer that they also think its spread to her liver. It was a miracle she made it through the night last night everyone thought she was going to die. I visited her today and sang (with one of my aunts, my mom and the cd) her and her new husband a song that my mom says should be their song. The song is Mama He's Crazy by The Judds. (This song belongs to whomever it is who owns it.) As we sang it to them my aunt, mom and I started crying as well as my new grandfather. I don't know if anyone else was crying. My grandma was really fortunate to find a man like him. He really loves her. I don't think anyone thinks she'll last much longer. I hope she wont be in a lot of pain and more I hope she'll not feel any pain. I pray for that and the broken hearts there will likely soon be will mend. My grandfather's really taking this hard, “I feel like I've been cheated.” Is something he said. I love my grandma and my family very much and this is not easy for any of us. My youngest brother flew back out from a few states away when he had only just left and visited her today. And tomorrow we will be joined by another family member coming from even farther. My grandma has gotten the most visitors in the hospital everyday since she got there. Which just proves how much she's loved.
 
To My Gallant Reviewer:
KiraDelano: You are a constant and I thank you! I love to read your reviews. I'm glad my last chapter “Rocked your world”. And I hope you enjoyed this one. I took your advice and put more in this chapter but I don't know how often I can do that. Or if I'll do it again. But thanks for the review and advice.
 
 
 
As I've said before I love reviews, I'm not very good at writing reviews myself but I always try to do so if I liked it. Even if all I say is two words or so to encourage the writer and let them know that someone out there wants to know more of their story. I would love to get a review for you even if it's a one-worder. Thank you for reading.
 
Please review, thank you.