InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Kouga's Split Ends ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
 
Chapter Sixteen
 
The next day at noon Kisa was rummaging in the closet for something to wear that night on her date. She brushed her hair out of her face and picked something up off the ground. It was a pair of nice black velvet pants. `I wonder if this would be appropriate for tonight.' she questioned herself.
“Hey, Shirah.” Kouga popped his head in through the open door. “How about we go to the arcade tonight.”
“I can't.” came a voice from the closet.
“Uh… Shirah, what are you doing in the closet?” he asked as he tried to catch a glimpse of her.
“Looking for an outfit.” she said like it was obvious.
“Any one in particular?”
“Not really.”
“Why are you looking for an outfit?”
“I have a date tonight.”
“What!?!”
“A date, with Christopher. We're going to a play.” She stuck her head out of the clothes. “No you can't come.” She cut him off when she saw he was going to ask something else.
“Do you really like that guy?”
“Hmm.” He couldn't hear the clothes rustling anymore. “He's sweet. Has a good sense of humor. He's kind. He's cute. And he wants to date me. This is only the second date so I don't know him very well yet. But I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Do you know he's the first person to ask me out that didn't run when he found out I have a demon in the family?”
“But do you like him?”
“I like him enough to give him a chance. I may end up liking him more. Maybe I'll even end up loving him.”
“Why if you don't love him are you dating him?”
“That's the way to find out if you can love someone. The first time I was going to turn him down, but then you hit him. And he still wanted to go out with me after that. I couldn't turn him down. He ended up being the nicest, funniest guy, a prefect date.” She laughed a little. Suddenly she gasped. “I have to call Kisa!” `Man that's weird! Saying my name like it's someone else's.' Then she ran off to locate a phone.
“Hello.” Two voices said at the same time. One of them and Kisa started to laugh. Both Sesshoumaru and Shirah had answered.
“Hello Sesshoumaru, Kisa. You can hang up Sesshoumaru, I called to talk to Kisa.” said the real Kisa in her fake high pitched voice.
`With a rich laugh like that you'd think her voice would be lower.' he thought of the lady who called as he hung up.
“Ok Kisa he hung up. What is it?”
“I'm going out with Christopher again tonight.”
“I told you he'd ask you out again.”
“There's a problem though.”
“What?”
“I don't know what to wear.”
“Well is it a casual or a formal date?”
“I don't know.”
“Where are you going?”
“A play, The Wizard of Oz.”
“Well that sounds casual. But if you want to know for sure, call him.”
“I don't have his number.”
“Does he have my home phone's number?”
“Yes.”
“Has he called it?”
“Yes.”
“We have caller id. You can look up his number on the phone.”
“Oh thanks. So what's going on there?”
“According to Jaken I was sick yesterday and I can't get out of bed. I was just about to try my hand at sneaking out when you called. I can only remember bits and pieces of yesterday.”
“I'm sorry.”
“Don't be. If the people I remember are the people I think, then what I do remember is pretty funny.”
“Are you feeling better now?”
“Yes. In fact if Jaken hadn't told me I would say I hadn't been sick at all. Mind you I also thought it was Thursday not Friday today. Hehehehe! Is there anything else?”
“Not that I can think of.”
“Okay. Well I'm going to see how far I can get before being dragged back to bed. Bye.”
“Bye.” Following hanging up Kisa thumbed her way through the handheld's caller identification. When she came to one from the day in question that looked probable she wrote the number down.
She dialed the number not forgetting the extra 1 it needed. It rang three times before someone answered.
“Hello?”
“Hi is this Christopher?” she asked nervously.
“It is. Who is this?”
“It's Shirah.”
“Oh. Hello Shirah. How are you today?” he had sounded more professional before, but now he sounded happy.
“I'm fine. You?”
“I'm doing well.”
“About tonight…” She could almost hear him thinking, `Don't let her cancel!' “is it casual of formal?”
He nearly laughed when his bubble of worry suddenly burst. “Casual, I was planning on having a bonfire before the show.”
“A bonfire?”
“Yes. A weenie roast. Won't that be fun? And your brother and his friends are more then welcome to join us.”
“That sounds great, I'm sure they'd like that.” She had never had a bonfire; she had been a little uncertain as to what it was. `I wonder what it will be like.'
She went back to see Kouga pawing through the barrettes, scrunchies and ribbons Shirah had collected over the years.
“Kouga would you like to borrow something for your hair?” she asked jokingly.
“Uh… Yeah.” he replied. He was a little hesitant because he had been caught.
“Okay but only if you let me do it for you.” `The ponytail headband combination is ridiculous. Although he pulls it off nicely.' she thought while smiling.
“Okay.”
“Well then sit on the bed and let's get started.”
She quickly gathered up a comb and grabbed a bunch of the accessories. Then she climbed on the bed behind him.
She took the headband off and proceeded to remove the scrunchie from his head. As the shining locks fell se allowed them to crawl around her fingers and arms. `His hair is kinda course. And he has about and inch worth of spilt ends. It feels nice, but it could be a lot nicer.
“You need to take better care of your hair. It needs a trim pretty bad. After I'm done playing with your hair go get a trim. We'll start with brushing the snarls out.”
As she untangled the knots in his hair she felt the damage caused by the wrong shampoo and conditioner for his hair. “And pick up better shampoo and conditioner while you're out.”
“I don't use shampoo and conditioner, just soap. My nose is too sensitive.”
“Kouga I'm sure we can find one you like. Or they also make scentless.” `For not using hair products his hair sure is nice.' “I'll help you find one if you want.” She ran her fingers through his now tangle free hair a few times before she started to design it.
 
10610610610610610610610610610610610610610610610610610610610610610 6106106106106106106
 
How does Kisa do Kouga's hair? You'll have to hang in there to find out. If any of you can guess you'll get a special award with your review response.
 
I'm taking a test on Tuesday. I have to stay with my brother Monday so I can be on time for my test. So I put this out today instead of Monday like I was planning. I should be studying right now. Hehe! I hope I do well.
 
To My Lonesome yet Fabulous Reviewer:
KiraDelano: (Smiles!) Thank you. You have been my most faithful reviewer. I'm glad you liked the last chapter and I hope this one make you just as happy.
 
Thank you everyone for reading. Please review. Goodbye until chapter seventeen. (blows kisses.)