InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Take Your Medicine! ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
Chapter Fifteen
 
Back at the Nishi household earlier that day about an hour after the first time Sesshoumaru gave her the medicine there was an emergency phone call from his father's business.
While he was fixing things, over the phone, Inuyasha came in and plapped down on the settee.
“Excuse me.” he said to the person on the phone. “Inuyasha why aren't you with Kisa?”
“She finally fell asleep. She let me go soon after.” he answered rubbing his once again white bangs out of his face. He was unhappy that his hair no longer held the glitter of natural color. His ears drooped they were still that gleaming, annoying pink because he wouldn't let the stylists touch them.
Sesshoumaru had been very sneaky and got some photos of him like this when he came back from some over priced salon yesterday as well.
Around 40 minutes later Sesshoumaru kicked a sleeping Inuyasha off the settee.
“What was that for!?!” yelled the furious half-dog demon.
“I have to go to the office.”
“Why don't you send Jaken?”
“I did. He made things considerably worse. If Kisa still has a fever in approximately an hour, ten and I'm not back get her to take her medicine.” He walked out the door.
“And Inuyasha,” he said grabbing something he had forgotten on the desk. “If anything should happen to the house or those in it while I'm gone…” he paused smiling an almost pure evil smile at Inuyasha who was trying to get comfortable.
“I know, I know…” He yawned. “I'll die a horrible, acidic-poison filled death.”
“Wrong, I'll let you explain it to mother. In fact I'll send you there to explain it.”
Inuyasha jumped up. “I'll keep both eyes open!”
“And if mother calls don't tell her Kisa's sick. Father would fly home just to kill us. If mother doesn't beat him to the punch.”
“You don't have to tell me that.”
The damage was worse then Sesshoumaru anticipated. He immediately started to work.
While he was busy his watch stated to beep. He usually didn't wear it but he had to make sure he gave her the medicine right on time.
“Jaken get Inuyasha on the phone.”
“Right away sir.”
Sesshoumaru picked up his connection just as Inuyasha answered. “Inuyasha check Kisa's fever. Give her the medicine if she needs it.”
“Huh? Oh yeah.”
“You forgot didn't you.” he asked like it was a confirmed fact.
“No!”
“Just do it.” Then the dog demon hung up. “Incompetent fool.”
“Did you call me master?”
“Not you Jaken.” `I'm surrounded by incompetent fools.' He gently sighed, then massaged his nose and continued with his work. Forgetting to set his watch again.
With Inuyasha
“Okay Kisa,” he whispered to the sleeping girl. “Let's check your temperature. Wow! Your fever hasn't gone down. That's for sure.” He shook his hand and grabbed the medicine with the other.
He leaned over her forward waking her up. She was too exhausted to open her eyes.
“Okay sweetie,” he called he that `cause he recalled mother calling him and Sesshoumaru that when they too were sick as dogs. “I need you to take your medicine.”
She took the fowl medicine and fell back down on the bed. Inuyasha returned the covers to a comforting position for the once again sleeping young woman. Inuyasha played watch puppy for a little while during which time he started to feel lonely. The house was entirely quite except for his sister's breathing and hurried heartbeat. His ears and eyes began to slip, his head followed suit. He went from lonely puppy to sleeping boy.
Nearly four hours later Inuyasha woke up to the feeling someone was watching him.
When he looked at `his sister' he discovered an intent look on her face. Soon he couldn't see her anymore. “Yay! Mister Kitty you're awake!”
When she pulled away he saw a smile on her face and glazed eyes. She then put her forehead next to his and petted his ears.
`She's burning.' “Let got of me wench! It's time to take your medicine.” `Way pass.'
“Medicine? But I'm not sick.”
“It's… uh… stuff to help you get home.” he stumbled.
“Okay.” She smiled.
“Whew!” He prepared the sticky liquid.
“That smells horrid! I'm not taking that!”
“Yes but it will help you.”
“No!” A when he advanced on her to get her to take it she ran. Around the room then out the door.
“Get back here and take it!”
“No! It's bad!”
It would be nice to come home from a long day of fixing someone else's problems to a soothing quite house, and maybe some dinner right? To bad for Sesshoumaru he could hear only his sister screaming and his brother's returning calls for her to come back.
Sighing over another problem he still needed to address. He headed in their direction. Only to let his sister knock the air out of him to keep her from falling down the stairs. In the two seconds it took her to realize who he was he had regained his breath. Not that you could tell he lost it.
“Sir Maru!” She beamed radiantly and hugged him.
“What happened?”
“Mister Kitty is trying to get me to take something bad.”
“Really.” She nodded as he felt her forehead.
`Her fever's gone up.' “Mr. Kitty,” he said those two words with the complete dignity only he could manage. “Let me see what you were trying to give her.”
Inuyasha handed him the bottle and the now empty spoon. “I told her it would help her get home. She was about to take it but she ran off.” he whispered.
“Ah. Young one this will help you go home.”
“But I don't want to leave you and Mr. Kitty.” She hugged him from the side this time. “I want to stay here.”
“Wont your family miss you?”
“I guess, `specially Ginta brother. Okay Sir Maru I'll take it.” She gave a childish brave face.
“Good girl. Now it's time for you to rest. Hopefully when you wake up you'll be back home with your Ginta brother.” He and Inuyasha led her back to her bed.
Just after she laid down she reached out her arms to Sesshoumaru. He replied by his eyes looking unsure of what to do. He looked for some clue, which she gave when she spoke. “Can I get a hug goodbye Sir Maru? You too Mister Kitty? Please?” She looked so sad and small laying there.
Inuyasha aka. Mister Kitty leaned down and hugged her as she hugged his head close to her flushed cheek.
After he stood up she stretched her arms again to Sesshoumaru. “Please Maru.”
“Come on Maru. The doctor said it is a good thing to play along with her delusions remember?” he undertoned his breath with the last sentence.
Sesshoumaru then puts himself in her grasp and she hugs him like a little child would her beloved father.
Once she snuggled into the blankets and they were about to leave she said one last goodbye. “Goodbye Mr. Kitty, Maru. I'll miss you both.”
Sesshoumaru nodded, turned off the lights and shut the door.
92292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292292 2922922922922922922922922
Hey everyone. Thanks for reading. Not much to tell. I hope to get more reviews this time. But even if I don't that's okay.
 
Thanks to my Enchanting Reviewer:
KiraDelano: Thank you for reviewing. (Blushes) Thanks that is very sweet of you to say. I put what happened to Kouga's parents in bold. I hope that clears up your confusion. I thought it was really cute too. Yes Kouga is adorable when he's trying to be noble isn't he. Thank you again.
 
Thank you all for reading, and very big thanks to those who reviewed.
 
Ya'll have a wonderful now. Bye!