InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ UFO Friend ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
Chapter Fourteen
 
Kouga was beckoning to her from the spot on the alien ship ride he had chosen. She debated whether or not to take the offered slab beside him or pretend she didn't hear him.
She walked up to him and said, “Kouga I'm going to ride over there. She pointed across the space ship.
“Why?”
“So I can see how funny you look when the `anti-gravity' kicks in.”
“Oh. Okay.”
“Okay everybody lets get going.” said the man in the center booth as the doors closed. The UFO started to spin. Then the music started.
People's hair started to paste itself to the slowly ascending walls. Some people were attempting to lift their hands or heads. Soon all the slabs were at the top of their runners and boys were climbing to lie across the tops of the walls.
As you can image everyone looked pretty silly.
Shirah looked at Kouga with his hair spread in it's ponytail like black mud had been splashed behind his head. He was one of the funniest looking people there.
`He could be a member of an 80's rock band with his hair like that. All he's missing is the heavy makeup and the ridiculous clothes.
They met up after they exited the space craft.
“Hey Shirah.”
“Hi Kouga. I was a little surprised to see you here.” she said as she walked back into the line.
“You're riding it again?”
“I decided to ride all the rides I could five times this is the last time for this one.”
“Oh. Where's Ginta?”
“Don't know. I told him to take around a friend of his.”
“Hmm. Can I join you then?”
“I suppose I can't just leave you alone so… sure why not.”
They boarded the ride again this time they stood on corresponding slats.
They rode a few rides before they reached the rides both kids and adults could ride. First up the bumper cars!
Kisa grinned. “Whoever hits the other the most times gets treated to an icey!”
“Agreed.” The line was longish so they had to wait two rounds to get on.
“Kouga.” She said while they were waiting.
“Hmm.”
“Where's Hakkaku, he's usually trailing after you or Ginta.”
“He finally convinced that reporter, Maiden Maes to let him take her on a date. He's at the den preparing. I'd be there but he kicked me out for bothering him.”
`Maiden Maes? The woman that Shirah had me give her the number of. Why would she want to talk to a reporter? Could she be making a deal for our story?'
“Yeah.” Kouga continued with a laugh, “He likes older women. In fact that's why he has a Mohawk, he thinks it makes him look older.”
“Where are they going?”
“He's taking her to a concert and then a late meal. I still can't believe she agreed.”
“What else do you know about her?”
“Not much. She's your friend you know her better than I do. All I really know is that she's been part of the pack since I was a pup.”
After riding the bumper cars 5 times the score was Kouga 40 `Shirah' 39.
“Alright let's go get those icys.” They walked to the nearby icy stand. Following their ordering Kisa paid for their cool refreshment.
During the time they were devouring the welcome cold treat Kisa saw what was probably the last ride in this younger area that they would ride.
“Kouga.” she said in that sweet voice women use when they're going to get you to do something you won't like.
Kouga was frozen, much like his melting desert used to be. His instincts screamed at him to flea. “Yes?”
“I'll let you chose the ride we ride next if you ride the ride I want to…”
His muscles relaxed. “Sure. What's the ride?”
“It's a surprise.”
His muscles immediately jumped back into a tensed position. Once again he got the feeling he should run.
“Hey Kouga…” she started as they walked their garbage to the trash can. “Can I borrow your headband?”
He looked at her strangely. “Sure…” he said slowly. Then he pulled the piece off.
She wrapped it around his eyes. “Why…”
“It's a surprise remember.”
Kisa pulled him to the ride she was set on getting Kouga to ride.
The ticket man smiled in good humor as she showed him their bracelets and walked through the gate. She then took off his blindfold.
“Oh no I can't ride the Merry-go-round!”
“Oh.” She looked sad. “I always wanted to ride the Merry-go-round with someone. I guess I'll just have to get Christopher to come and ride with me.”
“Alright I'll ride with you.”
“Yay!” She smiled brightly at him.
She got him to sit on a blue duck with a school boy hat, while she sat next to him on a green tiger wearing a white bow around its neck. (I know merry-go-rounds are typically horses but I found it funnier for him to ride a duck.)
“Wasn't that fun Kouga?” She grinned at his scowl. She could practically read his thoughts. `Please don't say we're riding that again. Not again, please, please, please!!!”
“Well, what ride do you want to ride?”
“It's a surprise.” And with that he flipped his headband over her eyes. Tying a small knot on the backside, he then led her by the hand.
Her smaller hand was cooler then his and much softer then he anticipated. He noted that she completely trusted him. He almost felt bad that he was taking her to a ride he was sure he would be scared of. But just before he changed his mind he remembered that dirty trick she just pulled, making him ride the merry-go-round.
He was determined not to notice her trustingly following him. Or her satiny hand in his coarse one.
He didn't take off the makeshift blindfold until they were secured in their seat. They were on what many people would call a `crazy, wretched, death-worm on tracks. It was the craziest ride they could fit in the park.
She smiled and said, “Good choice.”
Kouga joined in when she laughed and screamed the fun out at the more insane parts of the `coaster.
As they slowed down Kouga watched as she fought the last of her chuckles, her eyes sparkling and her hair blown back. When she turned to him with that hypnotizing smile he only barely registered that he helped her from the car.
They rode various rides for the rest of the day. The last ride, besides the kiddy rides, caused them both to shutter. The Ferris wheel loomed before them. A ride that this late only lovers rode.
“Maybe we should skip this one and get something to eat.”
He was about to agree but he had the sudden thought, `What are you Kouga?' “No this is the last ride. You wanted to ride them all remember?”
“R…right.” She looked at the cold steel machine; it was covered in bright lights, `Like a massive birthday donut. Yeah that's all it is. You don't have to be dating someone to ride.' “Alright let's go.”
She marched to the end of the line.
During their backward ascent Kouga told of how his parents met. “My parents actually met on a Ferris wheel. My mother had just gotten dumped while on a date and decided to ride the Ferris wheel to cry. A man noticed she was crying and decided to ride with her. Hoping to cheer her up my father climbed in the booth with her. My father made up a story about how if you stop at the top of the Ferris wheel with someone of the other gender that you had to give them a kiss. “It's a rule.” he said. He of course knew by then that every booth stops at the top.”
Kouga's ride partner laughed. “I suppose she didn't know.”
“No. In fact I don't believe she ever learned, or wanted to. So when they stopped she turned her head to him so he could get his mandatory kiss. She told her story the rest of the ride but she had stopped crying.”
You know someone with eyes as beautiful as yours shouldn't cry. No one who looks like and angel should cry.” He told her as he helped her out of the booth. “That boy was an idiot. May I take you around?”
“Yes.”
`Shirah' tapped his shoulder. “Kouga.”
“Yes?” he turned to her. She was about to kiss him but want to and actually giving your first kiss away is two different things. When it came down right down to it she was to shy.
He turned bright red when his beautiful booth mate kissed his nose. She also had a blush spread across her nose.
“We must keep up tradition.” she whispered as an explanation. It was then he noticed that they were stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel.
The wheel started up again gracefully, from being well oiled and maintained. “Will you tell me the rest of the story please?”
“There's not much else to tell. My dad took her around the fair. He won her a stuffed puppy. Then he walked her home. That night he talked to my granddad. He asked to court my mother. He told my granddad that he intended to marry his daughter, as soon as acceptable.”
“The first day they met!” She was half surprised half amused.
“Yeah.” He gave her a crooked grin.
She laughed as the Ferris wheel worker opened the booth and Kouga did his best to appear valiant like his father all those years ago. Unfortunately she tripped over the ledge for their feet. She almost flipped over Kouga's arm. She would've too, if he hadn't been a demon. He swiftly moved and pulled her so she ended up resting against his chest.
“Careful.” He once again gave her the crooked, rugged grin of his. Showing off one of his long k-9 teeth.
“Thank you. And thank you for the wonderful day. I really had a great time. But I think it's time I went home.”
“Well let's get going. I'll walk you home.”
Kouga could swear he was forgetting something. Something his father would be very upset if he forgot.
As they were walking he saw a spotted bear hanging from a stall. “Shirah my father would be very upset if I did not try to give you some kindness in return for the kindness you gave me today. Will you allow me to win you a prize?”
“Uhh…”
“At lease to remember this day by.”
“Okay.”
“Pick your prize.”
In a stall not too far away was a ruff and tumble looking toy puppy, it could almost pass for a black wolf pup. “That one.”
Soon enough the pup was in her hands and she was on her doorstep.
As soon as she opened the door Ginta came flying out. “Shirah I was so worried about you. I was about to go back to look for you.”
“Relax Ginta. I met up with Kouga and we rode the rides together. He brought me home too. I'm safe, see? Now I need to go to bed.” Carrying the soft toy with her she got ready for bed. The toy was close to her the entire night.
She didn't even notice the wilting rose and daisy.
89898989898989898989898989898989898989898989898989898989898989898 989898989898989898989898989898989898989898989898989898989898989
I'm an Aunt!... Again! Hehehehe! Yesterday one of my brothers had his first baby, a girl named Christine. I haven't seen her yet. This makes me an aunt 19 times over. If it weren't for the fact that I'm so young I'd feel really old. Next thing you know I'll be telling tales from a rocking chair calling youngins whipper-snappers. (Feels face.) Oh good I'm still a youngin myself. (Sigh)
This Chapter is dedicated to my new baby niece.
To my Delightful Reviewers:
KiraDelano- Thank you that is soOo sweet! One day, one day, yes that will happen one day, soon I hope. I can't blame you for being scared of certain rollercoasters, so says me that one that when on a rollercoaster everyone in the park KNOWS it. I am scared of riding rollercoasters, but I should be going to a place with some soon and maybe I'll get over it. I do plan to ride them. I love what happened to Miroku too, which part where you referring to? You win the Chapter 13 longest review award! Don't you just feel soOo special? I do!
 
Alliecoolgirl- Glad you like it. Here is that new one you just can't wait to read. Hehe! Goss I feel so flattered, I guess I should say. I'm glad you loved it. I intend to keep the work good. With fans like you and my other reviewers I don't think I could forget to update. I hope you like this chapter as much as its predecessors.
 
Well thank you to all my readers and reviewers. I guess you see me next time. Thank you and write cha later. (waves bye-bye)
91691691691691691691691691691691691691691691691691691691691691691 69169169169169169169169169169196916916916916
One of my reviewers told me that she had a hard time understanding the story that was told in this so I put the tell of Kouga's parents in bold and what was happening around the story is normal. Sorry for any confusion. And thanks for telling me. This is the reworked version of this chapter. I hope you all enjoy it.