InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Fitting and Ginta's Freakout ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
 
Chapter Twenty-Five
 
When Shirah made it through the front door of the Nishi's abode, she spotted three `pictures' hanging on the wall. They each held a chubby cheeked baby in their frames. The first one was a photo that looked more like a fairytale then any other picture she had ever seen. It was of a baby with thin black or dark brown hair half an inch to an inch in length. That babe was wearing a white dress dotted tastefully with little pick rosebuds with small green stems that had one leaf attached.
The next was a painting of who could only be baby Inuyasha. His fuzz of hair was longer and thicker than the girl baby, Kisa's, and his ears flopped a little, as they were not yet strong enough to perk. He was wearing a dark blue kimono with gold accents. He was smiling at an ancient, wooden, toy horse in his hands.
The last was far older than the other two, it held within it's boundaries a little baby, fast asleep, done in inks. This baby, Sesshoumaru, wore an idealized kimono that swirled and dipped like an old, Asian, landscape, piece of art. Beside him was what could only be a stunningly drawn pelt or tail, it was moved in an unseen breeze. All these portraits were amazing, like artwork that belonged in a museum.
She touched each picture and said the name of the baby it held. She started with, “Kisa…” and was surprised to feel that it too was a painting; it only looked like a photograph. Yet in her stunned mind Shirah could do nothing but move to the next in line. “Inuyasha… Sesshoumaru… Gah! The fitting!” She rushed up the stairs and into her room as quickly as her feet could fly.
She brushed her hair, and teeth. She was done just as Sesshoumaru was arriving home. `Kisa' just missed Sesshoumaru as she went downstairs to find Inuyasha. She found him in the game room playing a video game, all on his lonesome.
“Inuyasha.”
He grunted a “Huh?” like sound.
“Sesshoumaru and I will be leaving for the fitting soon.”
He grunted again.
`Kisa' shook her head and left him alone.
`I've decided… turning around in this house is dangerous business.' thought `Kisa' as she backed up so she could focus on the demon in front of her.
Rin and Shippo bounced and giggled at her side. This meant Sesshoumaru had picked them up before coming home.
Sesshoumaru had changed from his work suit into a white t-shirt and dark, dark blue jeans. He was the demon Shirah had walked into when she had turned around.
“Hello Sesshoumaru.”
“Hhn.”
“Hello Shippo, Rin.”
“Hi Kisa.” they both replied happily.
Shirah smiled at them. “I'm guessing it's time for the fitting. Are you two in the play too?”
“Yes!” they said, as they walked down the hall.
“Oh no! You two are such good actors that there won't be any parts left for the rest of us! Oh what a cruel world this is!” she lamented.
The children giggled excitedly and answered with two resounding, “Yep!”s.
Sesshoumaru looked at them oddly; well he would have if he wanted to show emotion, he didn't. `Something's off here… But what?'
They entered a navy blue car; it was a Nissan Altima, a very generic car. It had two booster seats waiting for the small kids in the back. Shirah tickled the pups as she helped buckle them up.
On the way to the school for the fitting the pups chatted with each other and `Kisa'. She would say things like “Oh no!” and “Really?” like their jabber was of the utmost importance. Shirah often reached back to tickled the munchkins in turn.
As they walked through the parking lot Sesshoumaru said, “I want you children to behave yourselves.” He looked at `Kisa' sternly.
She smiled innocently back at him.
They walked up to the big, wooden desk set up not far inside the building. A woman with sliver streaked black hair sat behind in with a book in her hand. She set her book down when they reached her.
“Hello.”
“Hello. I am Sesshoumaru, this is my sister Kisa, and the kids are Rin and Shippo.”
“I remember you from last year Sesshoumaru. Let me get your scripts.” She walked to a cabinet not far from where she sat. She pulled out two large scripts and a small script from the N drawer. “Does one of you not have the same last name?” she asked confused that only three scripts had the Nishi name on them.
“I'm Shippo Kitsune.”
“Okay.” She opened the drawer that had K on the front. She found his short script in a flash.
“Sesshoumaru Nishi, Sir Nehemiah Rodman. Shippo Kitsune, SweetBeet. You boys go down that hall until you come to two open classrooms; you go into the one on the left. Tell them who you play and they'll get you set up.” She handed them their scripts as she said who they got.
“Rin Nishi you're SweetPea, that's SweetBeet's sister.” She handed her the small script that was left. “Kisa Nishi, Ladyette Ruby Wells, that's the lead dear. We had a hard time deciding that, as we knew we wanted Sesshoumaru in the male lead. But don't worry you and your brother don't have a scene that would embarrass you. The female room is the one on the right.” She smiled encouragingly at her, and handed her, her script.
`Kisa Nishi' grabbed a hold of Rin's hand and they walked together to the fitting room.
Inside were two younger women, younger than the one by the door, but older than Shirah by around ten years.
“Ah, finally!” the younger of the two practically shouted. “I was so bored I was about ready to tear this room apart and see if I could put it together again!” At the strange looks she received she added, “Just so I'd have something to do.”
“Um… yeah, okay... Just ignore her. Hello, give us your names and characters' names and we can get started.”
“Hello I'm Kisa and this is my niece Rin. She's SweetPea, and I'm Ruby Wells.”
“Yoshino described you both very well. Then again he always describes people to their best advantage.” said the elder woman, “I'm Julie and that is Mariah.” She pointed to the woman happily bouncing through the clothes looking for the SweetPea and Ladyette Wells costume options.
She found SweetPea's first. She carried the bundle of three or so outfits without fussing. In fact swinging her head from side to side and humming. Mariah looked like a child who talked daddy into buying her an ice-cream cone.
When she kneeled to Rin's height she immediately set one of the costumes aside. I would no means be large enough for the small child. Then she held up a bright orange dress with broad yellow X's on it. It was too big. The last one was in-between the other two. It was as green as evergreen borough. It too was too small, by a few sizes.
“Here go put this on.” She handed Rin the orange sundress and pushed her carefully toward the curtain that had been set up for folks to change behind.
Mariah was off to the races again as soon as the girl moved on her own. Picking up where she left off Mariah quickly found the four gowns set aside for the part of Ruby Wells. She, Ruby Wells, required two sets of clothes, a fancy, ball-worthy gown and a sundress.
Just as she headed back to the women she lest waiting two things happened. Rin came out saying the dress was too big and attempting to keep the shoulders of the dress on her shoulders. The other thing started across the hall…
There was a masculine cry of “Ahh!” continued by, “No Don't! Don't run away!” or some sort of thing. Followed by bare feet running in the hall and a little boy appearing in the doorway.
“Shippo!” `Kisa' sounded startled. In but a handful of milliseconds her lips began to twitch. `I must not laugh!'
Shippo was dressed in very, very dark green loose pants that had ties at the waist and ankles. The tie at the waist was tied, but the ones at the ankles weren't. He also had both legs in one pant leg. His shirt was a little billowy, a light blue, the color you'd see looking at baby blue through a fog. To complete the look he had an orangey-lemon yellow vest hanging halfway down his arm. All in all he looked messy but sweet.
“That man was weird! He was trying to undo my pants!”
“Shippo he was probably trying to fix them. You've got them on wrong.” Shirah explained calmly. “Come here I'll help you.” All three men from next door were standing at the doorway.
As Shirah helped Shippo Mariah and Julie pinned Rin's dress for the alterations it would need.
“There now, you look so handsome! You'll give all the girls butterflies!” She tapped his nose and sent him back with, “You're such brave, little man.” knowing that that would help him be more willing to behave. She smiled almost adoringly at his retreating figure, shaking her head. Her smile faltered a bit when she noticed the men standing at the door. She waved at them.
Sesshoumaru appeared to be thinking when he absentmindedly picked up Shippo, who protested loudly, and carried him back to the men's quarters.
When Mariah saw that `Kisa' was done with the little boy she lurched toward her with the costumes in hand. She nearly ripped out some seams when she tripped over the dresses.
It was decided on the golden `ball gown' with the subtle embroidery and the classic blue sundress with the white lace collar. They both need slit adjustments at the bust and waist. The sundress's hem needed to be dropped as well.
“You're taller than we expected. Good thing we made this with a large hem.” Mariah popped the seam all the way around. Which caused Julie to cringe.
“We'll see you two after practice tomorrow. To make sure we got the corrections right.” They grinned them off.
Shirah and Rin met up with the boys in the hall.
When they got home Sesshoumaru left them to do more work. Shirah and the kids joined Inuyasha for dinner.
After dinner Shirah put in a cartoon for the kids, grabbed an armful of paper and art supplies and sat at a table with a view of the tv and the children.
They sat and watched the same movie twice. The kids were begging to watch in again when Jaken entered and announced the arrival of bedtime.
Earlier that day when Kisa made it to the Abbott house.
“Where were you? Why didn't you tell me you were leaving? I was sooo worried about you!” said a frantic Ginta.
“Whoa! Ginta calm down! I'm a big girl I can take care of myself.” He was about to contradict her so she continued. “I met up with Kisa, we had lunch and window shopped at the mall. There's no need to have a heart-attack every time I go out big bro.” She fluffed his poof of black hair as she passed.
“But you usually tell me when you leave.”
She turned. “Sorry I forgot. Besides weren't you the one who was going to sleep till the `dawn of time'?”
When she left the room he sighed in relief, and called Hakkaku and Kouga to tell them she is back home.
After the boys confirmed she was in her room, she was looking up songs on the laptop she finally found, Ginta complained to the boys about what his sister had said.
“Ginta… I think your sister's right. While I can understand why you were worried, you don't need to flip out every time she goes somewhere and forgets to tell you.” Hakkaku showed some of his brain.
“I'm the big brother I'm supposed to look out for her.” he said.
“Don't you do the same to her?” Kouga asked.
“Huh?” the duo smartly stammered.
“How many times have we come here to have your sister hug you and calmly ask where you were the last three or so day? And she asks you to tell her where you're going if you're going to be gone a while, and when you'll be home again. You never do, tell her that is.” Kouga stated.
Ginta felt guilty. `I went off on my sister like that, and I do it all the time. She probably worries about me a lot more when I'm away for days with no notice.' He got up. “I'll be back.” he said to his friends who were now watching tv.
He knocked on his sister's door. “Shirah?”
There was no answer. He tried again still no answer.
He opened the door. `Shirah' sat at the computer, earphones on, head bobbing as she read her email.
“Shirah?” Still there was no reply.
He walked up behind her giving her a hug. His hug made her earphones go askew. “Shirah I'm sorry?”
“Huh? Sorry for what?”
“For yelling at you about your not telling me where you were going. I had no right to talk when I leave you for days without warning.” He seemed to be dropping with sincere apology.
`I'm not the one who should hear this…' she thought. `Oh Shirah, how would you deal with this?'
“Please forgive me.”
“Uhm… Sure… You're forgiven.” she murmured unsure. She hoped he would leave after that. He did let her go, to sit on her bed. It is un-nerving to have a penitent boy staring at your back, especially when he was sorry to someone who was not you. `How do I get rid of him? What to do? How would Shirah handle this?' As if Shirah could hear her thoughts and answer them, her voice entered her mind, `Take a deep breath. Now hug him, to let him know itsokay.' `That's it?' `Yes.' She stood. “Come here Ginta.” She hugged the young man. “It's okay Ginta.”
When she let go he smiled showing off his dimples. Then he left.
`Shirah' sighed. `I'm glad that's over.' Kisa brought up another webpage and grinned. `They have some… good.' Kisa opened her purse and looked at the money inside. Kisa and Shirah had withdrawn $100 from Kisa's bank account and split it 50-50 earlier that day incase they found something they wanted. Kisa now knew what she wanted. She didn't want her `brother' to hear so she thought, `Insert evil laugh here.'
She finished reading her e-mail then logged off the computer.
“Hey boys, I'm going to the store; you want me to get you anything while I'm there?”
“Not that I can think of…” Ginta trailed off. The other two shook their heads.
Kouga called to `Shirah' as she looked through the coat closet, “How you gonna get there?”
“By bike, it's not too far away.” She found what she was looking for. “Ah-ha!” She plopped the purse into the backpack so it wouldn't get in the way, she didn't want to crash the bike because of the purse getting in the spokes or something like that.
She passed the boys again on her way back to the garage.
“Hey, Shirah, before you go… here.” Ginta tossed her his cell phone. “Call if you need a ride home.”
“Okay, thanks Ginta.”
She brought the bike out of the garage and pedaled away. `Now to the…store.' She snickered a little as she road down the street.
Kisa locked the bike up with a chain and lock she had seen in the bag, when she had put her purse inside. Then she waltzed into a shop called Pounds of Pranks. Not before noticing a sign on the door that said everything, buy one get one free.
`Ah the joys of sisterhood.' she thought as she looked through shelf upon shelf of gags.
When she left the store her heart started to pound, `cause she couldn't find the key to unlock the bike. Eventually she found it, by turning the bag upside down. It fell out of the pocket behind the empty id slot. She sighed and let out a silent thank you. Putting the backpack with her purchases on she boarded the unlocked bike. `I can't wait to pull my prank.' She grinned at the thought.
“What did you buy?” was what Shirah was greeted with as she walked into the living room. She ignored the question.
“Here's your phone Ginta.”
“Hey I asked you a question.” Hakkaku said.
“Just some things.”
“What?” one of the other boys questioned.
“It's really none of your business.” She walked into her sleeping chamber and shut the door. The backpack was thrown on the bed just seconds before there was a knock at the door.
“Shirah…”
“What do you want Ginta?”
He entered. `Why is it that when someone asks what, or who it is that people just open the door and come in? They should wait until they are told to enter.'
“Shirah' intercepted his hand, which was reaching for the backpack, on her way to shut the door. “It's just some femmine products and toothpaste. Not something I wanted to announce to your friends or you really.”
“Oh.” He blushed and quickly left the room.
Kisa sighed. `Thank goodness he bought it.' She opened the backpack, put the prank stuff in a desk drawer and tossed her purse into a corner of the bedroom.
Ginta made pizza by hand that night. It was something he learned at his first job.
They spent the night after dinner playing board games.
After Kouga and Hakkaku left Ginta went straight to bed. And Kisa smiled. She got ready for bed after Ginta was snoring. She tried to keep calm, tomorrow would be a great day. She had a hard time falling asleep, because of the adrenaline pulsing around her veins.
72172172172172172172172172172172172172172172172172172172172172172 1721721721721
 
Sorry it is late again everyone, I have been really busy lately. Please forgive me. I am trying to get the chapters out on time. But I've had a lot I've had to get done and I share a computer with my entire household. So I have to share and done always get the chance to get on the computer when I have time to type this story up.
 
Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I had a blast writing it, the next chapter is even better! That's right the coming attraction is `Shirah's' Prank Day! Yay! If you have any ideas or guesses as to what pranks she pulls review and let me know.
 
Thank you for reading please review. You'll see Kisa and Shirah again next time on Bored with Mine Borrowed Yours. Ja!