InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ 'Shirah's' Prank Day and a Secret ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
 
 
Chapter Twenty-Six
 
Unable to stay asleep long Kisa jumped out of bed before the sun. She got ready for the day and then started breakfast as the sun rose.
She used a recipe and made her first attempt, ever, at pancakes. They turned out really well.
Over yonder, down the hall Ginta exited his room following his nose to the syrupy goodness awaiting him. When he saw that she was making pancakes he looked at the calendar. There was no mark on the date. He then proceeded to pick up the phone and rush to his room. He quickly dialed the number of the cave's phone. A groggy Kouga answered it.
“Hello…”
“Kouga, it's Ginta, quick get one of the girls on the phone!”
“Why?” he asked his desperate friend.
“My sister is making pancakes and I need to know why!”
“What's so bad about that?”
“Dude my sister is making PANCAKES. She HATES pancakes. I've got to know what I've forgotten. I don't want to get in trouble with my sister for forgetting something important.”
“Don't you think you're over reacting a bit?”
“You don't understand I just made up to my sister for ignoring her.”
“Wait a second…” He called one of the girls. “Did you say pancakes? I'm having breakfast at your house.”
“Kouga!”
“Here's Jina.”
“Hey Jina, its Ginta.”
“Hi Ginta.” The wolf woman shifted her pup on her hip. “What's wrong?”
“Do you know if this is a special day to my sister?”
“Sorry hun. We're no that close. I'll get Maiden or Ayame. They're the two closest to her age. They might know.”
A few torturous minutes later sleepy Ayame came to answer the call. “Hello?” she sounded like she was about to fall over.
He explained once again why he was calling.
“Sorry Ginta. The only special day I know of in the summer for Shirah is her birthday. And as far as I know that's not today.”
“Thanks Ayame. Today's not her birthday so that can't be it. Are you sure there's nothing else?”
“Not that I know of. Maiden might know but she moved out of the den a month or so ago. Sorry.”
“Do you have her number?”
“No. She hasn't got a phone yet… I think.” She covered the mouth piece and called to Kouga as he and Hakkaku were attempting to remove themselves from the cave. “Kouga does Maiden have a phone yet?”
“No.”
“I was right she doesn't own a phone yet. Why don't you just ask her?”
Ginta sighed. “Thanks anyway. Talk to you later.”
“Bye.” Ayame went back to bed to sleep until a descent time.
Then the nearly defeated wolf demon brushed his teeth and washed his face. He left his room after he was done. He put the phone back in its cradle. He told his sister that Kouga and likely Hakkaku would be there soon.
“No problem.” Her mind started racing. “I'll just make another batch so there'll be enough.” She began to bustle to get the ingredients back out. “On second thought I'll make some eggs. How do you and the boys like them?”
“Kouga and I like them scrambled. Hakkaku likes them cooked on both sides with unbroken, non-runny yolks.” said Ginta around a mouthful of pancake.
As she started the first batch of eggs the two expected boys rushed in. She got three pop-cans, of dark soda, out of the fridge. Then she gave Ginta his eggs and started Kouga's. She went and got something out of her room and three cups out of the cupboard. Upon giving Kouga his eggs she started Hakkaku's. Opening the soda cans over the sink she poured them into cups which she followed by giving Hakkaku his eggs. Then she gave them their drinks.
After all that she settled back into her seat. And began her second plate of pancake.
Then all the calamity commenced.
Hakkaku took a bite of his eggs. His face got red, his eyes watered and he spit them back out onto his plate, thankfully, yelling “Hot!”
Everyone else sprung into laughter.
Hakkaku looked at his eggs and found what he thought was turmeric was actually cayenne pepper.
As they calmed the amused Kouga took a swig of his drink. He too spit it out much of it landed across the room on the fridge. This time everyone but Kouga laughed. “Uh… I think this soda's gone bad. Very bad.”
While they were laughing something caught Hakkaku's attention… “Ginta your teeth are blue!”
Everyone got a glimpse of his neon blue teeth before he rushed off to see for himself.
“Hey Hakkaku, I think we have someone to thank for our meal. How did you do it Shirah?”
`Shirah' just laughed helplessly.
“Ah!” Ginta zoomed back. “Shirah when did you do this.” pointing to his mouth.
She busted a gut laughing.
They all teamed up and dragged her to the couch, so she couldn't escape. Then they stood around her displaying upset looks. And stayed that way until she stopped laughing.
“What did you do to us?” asked Hakkaku.
“I put cayenne pepper in your eggs; that sour candy gel stuff in Kouga's drink. And I didn't do anything to Ginta.”
“Yes you did! How did you turn my teeth blue?”
She laughed some more. “No I didn't. You did. And I think you're smart enough to figure it out.”
“Okay.” he said miffed. “Can you at least tell me when you did it? It wasn't this way when I brushed my teeth.”
Suddenly she started laugh inexhaustibly again.
“I knew it! What did you do?!?”
“Think about it. What have you done today that could have possibly turned your teeth blue?” she managed to say between fits of laughter.
He taught about it for a bit then he raced to the bathroom he shared with his sister. He picked up the toothpaste. It was an unfamiliar brand.
He marched back to his younger sister. “Is this it?”
She just nodded and laughed, “I told you, you did it yourself!”
“Why did you do this?”
“I'm sorry. A friend of mine was sad I promised her I'd pull same pranks on you boys the cheer her up. You have to admit it is funny.”
The boys looked at each other and nodded. Then started to chuckle
“And I didn't hurt anyone.”
“Okay I guess you're off the hook.”
She thought, `Yes!”
“You just have to clean up the mess.”
She sighed. “Okay.” She cleaned up, made Hakkaku new eggs, got Kouga a new soda and replaced Ginta's toothpaste.
They all finished there breakfast and Ginta brushed his teeth again. It didn't quite get rid of all the blue but it helped.
The rest of their day was spent with the boys trying, unsuccessfully, to prank `Shirah' back.
`Kisa's' day was a bore until play practice, which was typical.
For the next week and a half not much happened Shirah spent the days in the pool and at rehearsals. Kisa spent her days with the boys or watching anime. She also had one date with Christopher. They, the girls, had fun but it was at times boring.
So on Friday morning when they were chatting on the phone with each other they decided to meet again at the mall.
They were `modeling' some cute sun dresses at a way overpriced designer store when Ayame and Maiden came in. They were dragging Ginta with them. Hakkaku and Kouga had gotten away. So the pour boy was left to face the horrors of shopping alone.
Shirah pulled Kisa behind some manikins.
“What's going on?” asked Kisa.
“Ayame, Maiden and Ginta are here!” was the quiet, frantic reply.
The trio started to close in on them. Ayame spotted a gorgeous dress and they veered off course. The two humans in hiding quickly jumped up put the dresses on the nearest rack and ran out of the store.
“We'd better get out of here.” said Shirah. “Best not tempt fate.”
“But… Yeah, you're right. See you later okay?”
“Yeah. Bye.”
“Bye.”
With that they spilt ways. `Kisa' went back to the car waiting for her. `Shirah' went back to her mysterious ride.
After that nothing of real note happened for another week when Kisa's parents called saying that the negotiations were taking longer then they had hoped. They would be there for an undetermined amount of time.
Two weeks went by with basically nothing to report. Just wonderful dates and fun times for `Shirah'. And `Kisa' had rehearsals a few days a week and just relaxed half of her spare time away.
As it turns out that Saturday Kisa had a date with Christopher. They were going to the grand reopening of a roller rink.
All was going great. They arrived a couple of hours after the first costumer entered the doors. They did so as to avoid the largest crowd of the day. After about a half hour someone bumped into `Shirah' hard. She, despite all her balancing abilities and Christopher's attempts at rescue, fell. Christopher's attempts weren't all in vain; he was responsible for the one part of her that didn't touch the rock solid floor. Her sleeve ripped from her shirt and was located in the man's hand.
They decided to leave after that. Christopher noticed something peculiar about her arm. He shifted his eyes to the face of the girl as he helped her into the car.
The man was uncharacteristically silent as he drove.
“Is something wrong Christopher”
“Who are you really?”
“I'm Shirah of course.” She smiled.
“Where is Shirah?”
“Right here, silly!” For the first time Kisa started to feel nervous around Christopher. Her stomach dropped; a little… ok a lot.
He stopped the car a few blocks from the street holding the Abbott house. “No you're not. I happen to know that Shirah has a long scar across her shoulders and back.”
“How,” she swallowed. “How do you k-know that?” `I didn't even know that.'
He looked a little like he had been hit. He turned to the window. “That's none of your business. I just need to know where she is.”
“Why?”
“That ties into the thing that's none of your business.” If he ever moved or starts to move toward her she'd bolt that's what Kisa decided. But as long as he kept his distance she would stay and try to find out what this sicko wants with Shirah.
“I'm not telling you where she is. Especially when I don't know what you want with her.” She trained her eyes to pick up any and all movement he made.
“Look I don't care what deal you've got going or why you're pretending to be her. I won't even tell anyone you're not her but I need to know where she is. Please…” he started to reach for her hand and she was out the door and running before he could say his next word.
By the time he got the car started and turned down the street she had, Kisa was hiding behind someone's overgrown bushes. Her heart was pounding like a soldier's footsteps except much faster. She was shaking uncontrollably and as pale as if death had its icy arms wrapped around her. She had never been so scared. Kisa rubbed the goosebumps on her arms. When she encountered the sleeve on her one arm she felt the other. It was completely smooth, no scar.
Her mind recalled something he'd said, `No you're not. I happen to know that Shirah has a long scar across her shoulders and back.'
She shivered harder. `How could he know that unless he put it there? I think I know why Shirah didn't like his name now. She must not have remembered why but just subconsciously disliked the name, because of that. Shirah…' Kisa shook her head. `I'm so scared!' His car was long gone, but that did nothing to calm her fear.
For the first time Kisa was glad she switched places with Shirah for reasons other than the fun of it, for completely unselfish reasons. `I'm glad that I faced him and not Shirah.'
An old man came out of the house and walked to her hesitantly. “Are you okay sweetheart?”
She jumped and tried not to look afraid. She saw a kind looking grandpa type man. “Ye-yeah. My date just…” She couldn't say it.
“I understand. You are braver than a lot of kids now-a-days to have run from that situation.”
Kisa didn't even want to correct his assumption.
“How about you come in, have some of my wife's chicken noodle soup and hot cocoa? And you can call someone to come get you.”
The old couple fussed over the `pour dear' for an undefined amount of time. She called Ginta when she felt calm enough to talk to him.
“Hello.”
“H- Hello Ginta.” she stuttered.
 
 
82182182182182182182182182182182182182182182182182182182182182182 1821821821
 
Hi everyone, sorry if this is late. My life has been so hectic. Sigh. You'll have to be patient with me.
 
Did anybody see this coming? What will she tell him? What do you think is coming? Please review even if it's only one word.
 
Until next time, goodbye.