InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bored With Mine Borrowed Yours ❯ Kouga's Realization ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. The very talented Rumiko Takahashi owns him and the entire cast. (Except for the characters I made up.) And the rating may be wrong (It's rated for safety) but it will NOT go higher.
By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) (aka.) crescentmoon (at mediaminer)
Chapter Twenty-Seven
 
She called Ginta when she felt calm enough to talk to him.
“Hello.”
“H- Hello Ginta.” she stuttered.
“Shirah? What's wrong?”
“Ginta… something happened. I'll explain later. Is Kouga there?”
“No.”
“Good. Ginta would you do something for me?”
“Anything.” answered Ginta in worried brother mode.
“Pack me a few changes of clothes and take them to the den, make sure you aren't followed. While you're at it call Kouga and ask him to pick me up at…” She asked for and repeated the address to Ginta. “I'm going to stay with the pack for a few days okay?”
“Sure.” He wondered what was going on. He wanted to go to get his sister himself, but he would do as she asked.
“Thanks. Goodbye.”
“Bye.” Ginta immediately called Kouga. Then he ran around franticly doing as his sister requested. His mind made up horrible stories that took a continually worse turns. He rushed into the waiting arms of panic.
When Kouga came to get her she thanked her hosts. As she left that house she thought, `I have to protect Shirah, at all costs.' Like that she turned from victim to strong as stone protector. She squared her shoulders, took a deep breath and walked into the bright sunlit day. Kouga's `Bondy', his car, was running, waiting for it's passengers at the curb.
Kouga heard the old lady say to her husband as they left, “What a strong young lady.” The wolf demon smiled. Kouga was glad she was strong, yet unhappy she had any cause to use said strength. `I should have been there. I should have followed them.' He had only stopped following them the last date.
Kouga couldn't get `Shirah' to say anything about what happened during their ride to the cave.
When they arrived at the cave `Shirah' just told her concerned `brother and sister' wolves that Christopher really scared her but she wouldn't say how. Yet Ginta knew it must have been something really bad as the last, and only, time she had asked to stay at the den was when their parents separated and she had vivid nightmares.
Kisa spent half a week hiding out at the cave. She didn't dare call the real Shirah with all these wolves around. Shirah became worried when she couldn't get a hold of anyone at home, no matter when she called and Kisa hadn't called for more than two days.
`I hope everything's okay.' she thought, when she hung up the phone on the fourth night with no contact.
Kisa spent her days trailed by or trailing Kouga.
One night Kouga told her to close her eyes. She did with a smile wondering what he was up to. He plopped a rowdy ball of fur in her lap. The young wolf pup had a reddish glint in the firelight.
“This is Kip. He is old enough that it's time for him to start meeting his pack mates.” His mother was warming her fur in the fire's heat looking curiously at her. Yet the mama made no move to get her pup. Eventually she laid her head down.
The excited little thing played a gentle tug-of-war with her large button-down shirt end. Kisa played with the cub. It was just like playing with a baby dog.
Kouga commented on her dealings with the pup. “You are great with pups. Are you sure you don't have any of your own?” he teased.
“Didn't I tell you? Their names are George, Billy, Bobby and Ginta.”
“What?” Ginta asked suddenly brought into the conversation.
`Shirah' and Kouga laughed. “Nothing Ginta just taking about you behind your back. Are your ears burning yet?” answered Kisa.
“No.”
“Oh. Then we must not have gotten into the really juicy stuff yet.” `Shirah' joked. “So please continue Kouga.”
Kouga got a devilish look and scooted close to `Shirah'. He started murmuring jokes into her ear. None of the jokes were about Ginta but she answered him with laughs and astonished “Really?”s.
“What is he telling you Shirah? It better not be the diaper incident!”
She looked at Kouga. “The diaper incident? I want to hear THAT one.”
“Ah yes, the diaper incident that one's good. Let me tell you all about the diaper incident. You see…” he started to whisper to her.
“Kouga! Stop! Don't tell, don't!” He rushed at them.
Kouga picked up Kisa causing the pup to tumble softly, unharmed, to the ground. He ran around, avoiding Ginta, and continued to relate the tale into `Shirah's' ear.
Ginta gave up on catching them when Kisa broke out laughing until she couldn't breathe any more.
Ginta mourned, “I will never have any respect in my own house again.”
`I must tell that one to Shirah, she'll get a kick out of it.' `Shirah' snickered in her mind.
Hakkaku who also knew the diaper story laughed and said, “When did you start getting respect in your home? You can't even get respect from the pups here.” He pointed to Kip who had been chasing him when he was after Kouga. Young Kip was now tugging at his pant leg and growling.
Ginta looked at the persistent pup. “Isn't it time he was in bed?”
“That is for the mother to decide.” voiced one of the other demons at the fire.
Ginta immediately started pleading with the mama to call off her cub. She just raised her head and looked at the fuss. Then she lowered her head again like nothing had happened.
“What did I tell ya. No one respected you anyway.”
Ginta sulked the rest of the night. Kisa and Kouga told each other jokes and stories at one side of the fire. At least until `Shirah' started to drift in and out of sleep.
On the fifth day they went back home. There were six messages on the phone. Three were from `Kisa', two from Christopher and one from their mom.
The ones from `Kisa' basically said she hoped everything was alright. Christopher's were asking for a call back as he and `Shirah' needed to talk and the one from their mother was saying that she had come to get Shirah and nobody was home. She also asked if Ginta would like to come stay with her for a bit too.
Ginta called their mom back and said that he and Shirah would be there the next day, Friday.
Then Kisa called Shirah. “Hello?”
“Hi `Kisa'.”
“Oh hello `Shirah'!”
“Sorry about not calling, I was staying at the den for a few days.” She finally closed her bedroom door. “I couldn't risk it with all those wolves around.
“That's a relief. I thought there might have been some trouble or something.”
“No. Nothing happened. Just decided to sleepover at the cave.” she lied.
“Oh. That's good. Did you have fun?”
“Yeah. I did.” She thought back on all the things they did. “I had a blast!” She laughed a little. “Hey I'm going to be staying with your mom for a bit, starting tomorrow so I might not call you for a while.”
“Okay.”
“I haven't told you yet have I? No I couldn't have!” said Kisa.
“What?”
 
 
With Kouga last night after Kisa was asleep.
Ayame called Kouga over. “Hey Kouga, can I talk to you?”
“Sure.” They walked off into the surrounding trees.
“You really like her don't you?”
“Huh?”
“Shirah. You like her don't you?”
“Of course.” `What's she getting at?'
She looked at him. `That was easy.' “Good that makes what I'm about to say easier. Kouga, do you recall that the elders wanted us to mate since we were fifteen, but they couldn't force you into the engagement `cause you had already become the Alfa male?”
“Vaguely.”
“Do you also remember how I really wanted to be your mate?”
“That I remember.”
“Well I release you from your duty to the elders. You can go after Shirah, she can be your girl.”
“What?” He was shocked and dumbfounded, how could this be the same girl who chased him for many years? But he was even more dumbfounded that she thought he was interested in Shirah like that. He hadn't even thought that he might be interested in one of his best friend's sister. At that second he realized that he had for the first time ever been blindsided by his own emotions. It was as if her words had brought something he hadn't known was out of focus sharply into focus. “That's very kind of you.”
“Not really. It's actually very selfish of me.” She giggled a little.
He looked at her very confused.
She laughed harder. “I've been spending a lot of time with Ginta lately. And I've realized I've been chasing the wrong wolf all this time.”
“Ginta!?!” That surprised him almost as much as the first revelation of the night.
“Yeah. He's funny, sweet and cute in an odd way.”
“I'm happy for you.”
“Thanks.” Ayame started to walk away. Then she stopped. “Ginta is taking me for a nice lakeside picnic at sunset on Saturday, how about we make it a double date? You can bring Shirah it would be a great starter date for you two.”
“I'll think about it.”
“Let me know. Good night.”
“Night.”
After she left Kouga thought for a long time. `That may be a great date but I've got a better idea.'
 
With Kisa the morning after the above.
Just as Kisa was about to go home with Ginta, Kouga pulled her aside.
“Shirah how about going on a date with me this Saturday?”
She could only look at him for a few seconds, and then she smiled widely. “I'd love to!”
“Great! Wear something nice, a dress. We're going somewhere fancy.” he said like it was a great mystery.
 
Back to the phone conversation.
“Kouga asked me on a date!”
“Really? Wow you are one lucky girl! He's so cute! Hehehehe! So where's he taking you?”
“I don't know he wouldn't say. But he did say it was somewhere fancy.”
“Kouga knows somewhere fancy? Huh. You learn something new everyday.”
Kisa laughed. “Yeah.” Kisa began going through the closet.
“What about Christopher?”
“He turned out to be a total jerk.”
“Oh. I'm sorry.”
It got silent.
“So what's going on there?” Kisa finally asked.
“Not much right now. But in like a month and a half out play is debuting.”
“I have to come see that!”
“I was thinking maybe we should switch back on the last night of performances.” Shirah said.
“Do you think they'll notice this time?”
“Yes. They've been spending more time with us now.”
“True.” Kisa answered with one word.
They talked about various other things. After talking for about an hour they ran completely out of thing to say.
“You'll have to tell me how your date with Kouga goes!” Shirah giggled.
“Yeah. I will.”
“There was something else I was going to say but I can't remember what it was. So I guess I'll talk to you later.”
“Yep. Bye.”
“Bye.”
Kisa packed and did laundry, that first week she had had to have Shirah talk her through it to make sure she was doing it right. Mix in lunch and dinner and you had pretty much the rest of her day.
 
Shirah's day consisted of being bored `til lunch, swimming after lunch. Getting out and hour and a half before Sesshoumaru, and Inuyasha who he dragged to work that morning, got home. They along with Shippo and Rin had dinner and those in the play left. After practice `Kisa' went to her room. She noticed the bag on the bed.
`Oh yeah, that's what I was going to tell her.' She grabbed it off the bed. She pulled the ice blue tea length dress from the bag to hang it in the extensive closet. `If Kisa had've been home two days ago she could have helped me pick it out. Instead I had Sesshoumaru help me. Luckily he has really good taste.'
After they had practice two days before and dropped Shippo and Rin off at Shippo's place, Shippo's family was having a campout in the backyard and Shippo had got to invite a few friends. Rin was the first person he invited. `Kisa had convinced Sesshoumaru to take her to get a new dress for an upcoming business affair he was taking her to instead of a date. Inuyasha was unhappy he had to go too but was ecstatic Kagome was going with him.
“Why do you need a new dress?” he asked when she brought it up.
“In case you haven't noticed my dear brother I've lost a bit of weight over the last few weeks. Most of my nice dresses don't fit well.” `I was just born unlucky. I don't have Kisa's figure. I'm really very nearly flat.' She sighed.
When they got to the store Sesshoumaru went straight to one dress. It ended up being the one they brought home. But because `Kisa' wanted a few options Sesshoumaru found two more in a flash.
One was wine red with cap sleeves but she could see her scars below the sleeves so she discarded that one. The other was dark blue but it itched fiercely. So she tried on the one he went right to. It was perfect. The sleeves went to an inch above her elbows. The tea length skirt went below her knees and the neck wasn't too high or too low or even too wide. Best of all it didn't itch.
When she looked at the price of the dress Shirah was in shock. She called out to Sesshoumaru, “Are you sure this isn't too much for a dress I will rarely if ever wear again?”
“If it fits then let's get it and go.”
“O-okay. If you say so.” She would have put up more of a fuss if it wouldn't have been strange for someone who had been rich all their lives to do.
They bought the dress and went home. `Kisa' accidentally forgot it in the car when they got home.
`He must have brought it up sometime after he got home today.
She sighed and snuggled into the bed.
91291291291291291291291291291291291291291291291291291291291291291 2912912912
 
Hi everyone. I know I actually got this out on time, or early.
 
 
Tell me how you liked it. Or if you didn't. Just let me know. That's right review.
 
 
 
Bye. I'll try to write again soon.