InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Boulevard of Broken Dreams ❯ Just a little something... ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Inuyasha. I do not Own Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I own a few oddball characters in other random stories and a ghostly metamorph that just can't make up her mind…

 

This is just an Idea, this is not the actual text of the story. You might call it a prologue, you might call it brain storming, but I had an Idea and I just wanted to get it out of my head.

I'm sure by now you've all heard Green Day's song, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" off their American Idiot CD. I've kinda got it stuck in my head. The first time I heard it, I had this vision of a human Inuyasha (still white haired, just no doggy ears) walking down a deserted and damaged street. He was wearing a black tank top, dark blue jeans and black classic Converse hi-tops. He had his hands in his pockets and a really sullen yet thoughtful look on his face. Like the world was on his shoulders and weighed a ton. And this was what came out of it.

This is more character sketch and basic plot beginning than a prologue or something like that. I'd also like to hear what ya'll think of my story and if it's too trite.

So Read and Review.

For those of you reading The Killer Inside… I'm still working on Chapter 11. I PROMISE!

 

 

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

 

By shaid

 

Kagome is your average upper middle class high school student. Most of the student body likes her, although few are really her friends. She gets good grades, has a decent sense of humor and participates in a variety of extra curricular activities. In the mock UN council she represents Japan. Her column in the paper is popular. She sings mezzo-soprano in the choir and volunteers at an outreach program downtown on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Inuyasha grew up on the streets for the most part. When he was nine, his parents died and his half-brother became his guardian. Sesshomaru was nearly fifteen years older and had no interest in raising a relative he'd rather not even acknowledge. He'd leave the younger boy at home alone for days at a time, saying he was old enough to fend for himself. The third time Sessh left him alone, Inuyasha had accidentally locked himself out of their apartment and had to sleep in the hallway until a neighbor found him and called the police. Custody was remanded to the state and Inuyasha was placed in foster care.

His first foster parents were good and reminded him strongly of his own parents; they were loving and caring; they treated him like he was worthwhile. Unfortunately, they were unable to adopt him. He only stayed with the first couple a few months. His quick temper and guarded disposition quickly landed him in a good bit of trouble and eventually lead to him being placed in a slightly rougher neighborhood.

There he lived with Kaede and her niece, Kikyou, who was Inuyasha's age. They were poor but good hearted. He gained a reputation for fighting in school, generally over little things, but Kikyou defended him more often than not. They fell for each other but tried to keep the relationship a secret as much as possible. Inuyasha lived with the family for five years and all three of them were fairly happy with the arrangement. Though Yash continued to fight and have discipline problems in school, his grades were generally good and he was looking forward to graduating and even hoped for a scholarship.

That all changed when Onigumo started at their school. Kikyou took pity on the young man; he'd been badly scarred on his face and hands due to a fire that had burned down his family home. Yash was not happy. First he was merely jealous, his girl was spending time with another guy. Then he realized that Onigumo was a threat; the older boy was beginning to work on organizing the school toughs and soon had a racket going selling drugs and weapons.

When Inuyasha tried to tell Kikyou this she got upset and accused him of being jealous and lying. Soon after, Yash began to receive threatening notes telling him to stay away from Kikyou.

Kikyou and Yash began to be at odds more often and one day they had a loud argument in the school courtyard. Kikyou ran; Inuyasha ran after her. Moments before he would have been able to catch up with her at a cross walk, a car ran a red light and Kikyou was hit. The driver ran but Kikyou wasn't dead. Inuyasha was at a loss. Kikyou was in a coma and the doctors were unsure if she would ever recover. She responded to some stimuli, but for the most part was motionless. The whole school blamed him for her accident and Yash couldn't agree more. Although Kaede still welcomed him at home, he had a hard time returning.

He found himself spending more and more time away from the house. Sometimes he'd be at the hospital watching over Kikyou. Other days, he would just roam the city until it got too dark and cold for him to stay out anymore. One day, several months after the accident, he just didn't some back; he'd found an abandoned building and set up a temporary home there. Soon after he dropped out of school, no longer interested in the future.

For three years he moved from building to building, never staying in the same place for more than a few weeks and only rarely going to see Kaede. He'd wanted her to know he was still alive, he owed her that much. She always had clean clothes and new shoes for him, sometimes she'd give him blankets or pillows. Once, she even had a down pillow mattress for him. He accepted her gifts and made sure her house was as safe as he could make it. Occasionally, he'd visit Kikyou but left after only a few minutes.

On his eighteenth birthday, he was chased out of his newest "home" and brought to the police station. He was put on trial for vagrancy and eventually sentenced to three months house arrest at Kaede's contingent upon his performing duties as a peer counselor at the local Outreach program.

And that is where our story begins.